Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Wimbledon Day 13, Sunday 14th July
How Far Can Nadal Go? - Page 2 EmptyToday at 7:03 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» Slam chase
How Far Can Nadal Go? - Page 2 EmptyToday at 1:28 am by summerblues

» Generation Worthless
How Far Can Nadal Go? - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 3:09 pm by naxroy

» Wimbledon seeding is disrespectful, says Rafael Nadal
How Far Can Nadal Go? - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 1:15 pm by barrystar

» Women final
How Far Can Nadal Go? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 13, 2019 4:54 pm by bogbrush

» Wimbledon Day 11, Friday 12th July
How Far Can Nadal Go? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 13, 2019 12:10 pm by paulcz

» Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July
How Far Can Nadal Go? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2019 9:21 pm by Tenez

» Wimbledon Day 10, Thursday 11th July
How Far Can Nadal Go? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2019 4:19 pm by Jahu

» Ladies Final - USO 2018
How Far Can Nadal Go? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2019 5:47 pm by legendkillar

July 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031    

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum


How Far Can Nadal Go?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How Far Can Nadal Go? - Page 2 Empty Re: How Far Can Nadal Go?

Post by DEC1M8 on Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:42 pm

Oh cmon GP, the giraffe point was exactly what TRuffin said except you used an animal analogy.

A giraffe has a long neck. A giraffe with a long neck can't make his neck 5 cm, even if he needed too.
That's the key difference, between tennis players and giraffes. If tennis players need to adapt, then they have that opportunity to do so.

Of course we can't tell 100% that someone is/ is not going to be able to change his gamestyle and still be successful- but for Rafa did you GP watch those videos?
Sensational hand-eye coordination and reflexes in both (vs Dodig and Harrison), and no coincidence that he has arguably the best 'behind the head backhand smash' of all time- as an example I showed the one he played yesterday vs Stakhovksy. I've never seen him miss that shot and I've seen most of the matches he has played.

And Tenez, this is typical you didn't respond to my point but commented on GP's post which was a reply... once again avoiding my direct points. If Nadal for whatever reason has a style which is working well, why on earth would he change it?
It's ludicrous to expect a player to change his style if it is the most pragmatic and effective style there is for those conditions- irrelevant of how those circumstances have arisen.

DEC1M8

Posts : 5253
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

How Far Can Nadal Go? - Page 2 Empty Re: How Far Can Nadal Go?

Post by gallery play on Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

If Truffin already said something like that, good on him. Unfortunatly you're still missing the point. Well, i think you're not but Nadal fans never are going to admit that most changes in the game worked in Nadal's favour. So i'll stop trying and Tenez obviously already did, understandably.

You say: why on earth would Nadal change his game? So it's his choice to have a pair of rotten knees?

gallery play

Posts : 2620
Join date : 2012-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

How Far Can Nadal Go? - Page 2 Empty Re: How Far Can Nadal Go?

Post by noleisthebest on Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:32 pm

When all is done and dusted, Nadal is going to go down in history as someone who has killed tennis.

Ugly to watch, ugly to listen to. Everything about him is fake.

The sooner he retires, the better.

noleisthebest

Posts : 27759
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

How Far Can Nadal Go? - Page 2 Empty Re: How Far Can Nadal Go?

Post by luvsports! on Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:34 pm

I think he has massively increased the popularity and scope of the game for future generations though.
I'm not a fan, but he has helped to expand the sport immensely.

luvsports!

Posts : 4681
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

How Far Can Nadal Go? - Page 2 Empty Re: How Far Can Nadal Go?

Post by noleisthebest on Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:39 pm

I couldn't care about the popularity HE created, it was fake as well, all manufactured to curb Fed's "boring" superiority...

noleisthebest

Posts : 27759
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

How Far Can Nadal Go? - Page 2 Empty Re: How Far Can Nadal Go?

Post by DEC1M8 on Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:26 am

gallery play wrote:If Truffin already said something like that, good on him. Unfortunatly you're still missing the point. Well, i think you're not but Nadal fans never are going to admit that most changes in the game worked in Nadal's favour. So i'll stop trying and Tenez obviously already did, understandably.
What on earth are you on about?
When have I said that the changes in the game worked/ didn't work in Nadal's favour?
I'm trying to argue that his game is not out of place for the conditions, ie it was an effective gamestyle to play- and thus changing it dramatically (ie to a serve and volleyer) would have been immensely foolish.
This also means that there is a possibility that he would have adapted his game well, which can't be proved or disproved. (the links I provide with videos provide fantastic examples of superb hand-eye coordination and reflexes from Nadal, not sure whether you have seen them)

gallery play wrote:
You say: why on earth would Nadal change his game? So it's his choice to have a pair of rotten knees?
In a nutshell: yes
He realises his gameplay is on of the most effective ones he can have for the given set of conditions at the moment, and he is probably aware it's not fantastic for his long term health. But he has to manage the knee and find the right balance, which he is working hard towards.


Last edited by Julia Santamaria on Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total

DEC1M8

Posts : 5253
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

How Far Can Nadal Go? - Page 2 Empty Re: How Far Can Nadal Go?

Post by DEC1M8 on Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:28 am

noleisthebest wrote:When all is done and dusted, Nadal is going to go down in history as someone who has killed tennis.

For you and a few others NITB, for you and a few others.
I would point out the immense hypocrisy you have in berating Nadal for doing the same things Djokovic has tried to emulate in some respects... but I'll leave exposing your ridiculous double standards for another day.

DEC1M8

Posts : 5253
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

How Far Can Nadal Go? - Page 2 Empty Re: How Far Can Nadal Go?

Post by DEC1M8 on Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:31 am

luvsports! wrote:I think he has massively increased the popularity and scope of the game for future generations though.
I'm not a fan, but he has helped to expand the sport immensely.
Yes, but unfortunately you're the only Federer fan who can see this.
The rest, all seething from the pain Nadal has inflicted on Federer in their matches, hate and despise Nadal- and in their anger and rage see him as Darth Vader and will not recognise the popularity you point out which he has brought to the sport.
I mean cmon, wasn't Tenez supporting Djokovic in the French Open 2012 semi-final against Federer? Even though he is a huge Federer fan. That demonstrates how much he hates Nadal- he was thinking ahead and acknowledging that Federer has a worse chance than Djokovic- other than this hatred of Rafa I see no other reason why Tenez would want Federer to lose.

DEC1M8

Posts : 5253
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

How Far Can Nadal Go? - Page 2 Empty Re: How Far Can Nadal Go?

Post by noleisthebest on Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:39 am

Julia Santamaria wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:When all is done and dusted, Nadal is going to go down in history as someone who has killed tennis.

For you and a few others NITB, for you and a few others.
I would point out the immense hypocrisy you have in berating Nadal for doing the same things Djokovic has tried to emulate in some respects... but I'll leave exposing your ridiculous double standards for another day.
Save your breath and typing Amri...until you take your blinkers off, ciao..

noleisthebest

Posts : 27759
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

How Far Can Nadal Go? - Page 2 Empty Re: How Far Can Nadal Go?

Post by DEC1M8 on Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:53 am

noleisthebest wrote:
Julia Santamaria wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:When all is done and dusted, Nadal is going to go down in history as someone who has killed tennis.

For you and a few others NITB, for you and a few others.
I would point out the immense hypocrisy you have in berating Nadal for doing the same things Djokovic has tried to emulate in some respects... but I'll leave exposing your ridiculous double standards for another day.
Save your breath and typing Amri...until you take your blinkers off, ciao..
Blinkers?
What about your ridiculous narrow minded way of viewing tennis?
I am a Nadal fan, but I have huge respect for all his rivals as well, including Djokovic.

You on the other hand seemed to be obsessed with your hatred of Nadal, and as I said support Djokovic who does many similar thinks to Nadal- but you are so hypocritical and 'blinkered' that you do not get angry at Djokovic even if he is doing exactly the same thing as Nadal.
Did you watch Djokovic-Wawrinka? Was Nole's performance really that different to how Nadal, Murray would have played? You probably think so, your delusion runs this deep.

DEC1M8

Posts : 5253
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

How Far Can Nadal Go? - Page 2 Empty Re: How Far Can Nadal Go?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum