Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
open - US OPEN FINALS- with match fixtures  EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
open - US OPEN FINALS- with match fixtures  EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
open - US OPEN FINALS- with match fixtures  EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
open - US OPEN FINALS- with match fixtures  EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
open - US OPEN FINALS- with match fixtures  EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
open - US OPEN FINALS- with match fixtures  EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
open - US OPEN FINALS- with match fixtures  EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
open - US OPEN FINALS- with match fixtures  EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
open - US OPEN FINALS- with match fixtures  EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

US OPEN FINALS- with match fixtures

+5
summerblues
raiders_of_the_lost_ark
Tenez
luvsports!
N2D2L
9 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

open - US OPEN FINALS- with match fixtures  Empty US OPEN FINALS- with match fixtures

Post by N2D2L Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:35 pm

US Open Finals:

Schedule: http://www.usopen.org/en_US/scores/schedule/index.html
Live Scores: http://www.usopen.org/en_US/scores/index.html?promo=subnav

Meanwhle,
Central Game Thread: https://ourtennisforum.forumotion.co.uk/t421-us-open-prediction-game-leaderboard

These are picks for tomorrow, the points next to each name is how many points you get if that player wins:
Serena (4) vs Azarenka (11)
Nadal (7) vs Djokovic (8)

Good luck Thumbs UpRose

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

open - US OPEN FINALS- with match fixtures  Empty Re: US OPEN FINALS- with match fixtures

Post by N2D2L Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:35 pm

My picks:

Serena
Nadal

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

open - US OPEN FINALS- with match fixtures  Empty Re: US OPEN FINALS- with match fixtures

Post by luvsports! Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:46 pm

ditto

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:49 pm

Serena  - djoko

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:51 pm

Azarenka for today.

Men's I'll post tomorrow. Is that okay JS?

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:59 pm

That's absolutely fine.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:51 pm

Uh oh, you almost wrong-footed me here.  Serena/Nole.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:52 pm

I am glad you suppressed your jinxing urge.  I expected something like:

Djokovic (3) vs Nadal (12)

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:48 pm

This was posted on Friday, I think that was Day 7, so you need to add SF points to my score as well.
Other than that, thanks for organising the game Julia.

noleisthebest wrote:Here are my predictions for the semis
Women SF: Serena&Azarenka, Serena to win the final
Men SF: Nole&Richie

I have just realised if Nole beats Stan this will be his 4th consecutive USO final (and 7th straight SF), not bad.....imagine if the draws had not been rigged and he did not have to play all those SFs against Fed.....

Last edited by noleisthebest on Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:50 pm

The wind'd better drop tomorrow....otherwise Djoko is in -even more- trouble.

Last edited by Tenez on Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:51 pm

noleisthebest wrote:This was posted on Friday, so you need to add SF points to my score as well.

noleisthebest wrote:Here are my predictions for the semis
Women SF: Serena&Azarenka, Serena to win the final
Men SF: Nole&Richie

I have just realised if Nole beats Stan this will be his 4th consecutive USO final (and 7th straight SF), not bad.....imagine if the draws had not been rigged and he did not have to play all those SFs against Fed.....
Oh I'm really sorry I missed that.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:51 pm

Tenez wrote:The wind'd better drop tomorrow....otherwise Djoko is in trouble.
According to the forecast tomorrow is not windy at all.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:51 pm

Cool.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:52 pm

Tenez wrote:Cool.
smiley

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:55 pm

Not cool at all Winking

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:55 pm

Just saw I didn't pick the final winner, OK - Nole.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:56 pm

There is a flaw in HE calling.

if you make a second serve let....your opponent can challenge the call meaning the second serve is delayed. One coudl automatically ask a HE challenge after a second serve let 9even if the ball is way in) and the server will have his serve rhythm broken.

If the returner decides to ask for HE on a second serve let then the server shoudl be given a first serve if the ball is indeed in.

Currently it is utterly unfair as we saw it in this final earlier.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:00 pm

My WI-FI is so bad I can't watch any stream for more than 3 seconds, but I hope Serena is wining the match, last time I checked it was one all in the first set...
Azarenka is a bad sport when it comes to receiving, mind you, a lot of them are, Sharapova, Serena as well....

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:09 am

final set shootout for serena as she fails to serve it out TWICE!

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:18 am

Looks like she steamrolled Azarenka in the 3rd.
Serena.... I've said it beforeand I'll say it again, what a woman !!! Magic

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:24 am

noleisthebest wrote:Looks like she steamrolled Azarenka in the 3rd.
Serena.... I've said it beforeand I'll say it again, what a woman !!! Magic
Well, luckily for men not all women are that bulky. The power and energy is quite intimidating.

But I agree she has guts and talent too.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:58 am

To me the key of the tonight's match is how well Djoko returns. So in a way it's still on Djoko's racket but he has to put pressure on NAdal's serve throughout the match. I'm sure he won't get an upperhand in the rallies. In fact, i don't even think there will be that many.

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:37 am

gallery play wrote:To me the key of the tonight's match is how well Djoko returns. So in a way it's still on Djoko's racket but he has to put pressure on NAdal's serve throughout the match. I'm sure he won't get an upperhand in the rallies. In fact, i don't even think there will be that many.
Interesting. I have not seen either play for a while....just Djoko's the second set TB v Stan. But I still think Djoko's only chance is to actually extend the rallies. if he goes for shorter ones he is doomed...like everybody else.

On normal circumstances I woudl have said Djoko in 3 or 4 but Djoko has not been the same for a while. The wind factor will be crucial.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:46 am

Here's my two bob:
Nole has been playing without confidence for a long time.
That is the only, only difference.
There are several factors that have contributed to it and apart from the obvious ones, I think trying to change his game by coming forward more and volley may have put him under further internal pressure and doubt as it obviously is not as easy to do.

I have not seen the Nole Stan match but from what I read he is not happy with how he played and that's not good.
Still, the win and the way he appeared to have gritted it out should have helped his belief if not in his tennis, but the forces above (I know that's how he and a lot of players think).

In theory, even a wobbly Nole should  deal with this super strong Nadal, mainly because Nadal cannot last long in rallies in that super blast mode.

So all things considered, the match is asa always in Nole's hands and I see him win in 4 sets.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:35 pm

Tenez wrote:
gallery play wrote:To me the key of the tonight's match is how well Djoko returns. So in a way it's still on Djoko's racket but he has to put pressure on NAdal's serve throughout the match. I'm sure he won't get an upperhand in the rallies. In fact, i don't even think there will be that many.
Interesting. I have not seen either play for a while....just Djoko's the second set TB v Stan. But I still think Djoko's only chance is to actually extend the rallies. if he goes for shorter ones he is doomed...like everybody else.
The thing is: Nadal is really trying to finish his servicepoints within 3-5 shots, and with much succes up till now. So Djoko must hit first, preferably with a pacey return on Nadals feet. If he can do that he'll neutralize NAdals first few shots and from that point he'll make Nadal very nervous. But the same goes for NAdal, he'll try to rally when Djoko's on serve.
They're so alike these days, they basically have to pull the same tactics.

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:51 pm

I don't think there is much Nadal can do to make a well-playing Nole nervous.
By well-playing I mean: confident, good first serve and an aggressive, non-rallying BH.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:05 pm

btw: it starts at 05:00 PM local time.  erm  probably too late for me to see the end of the first set..

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:47 pm

I think djoko needs to play a blinder to win or regain that old confidence right from the off.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:20 pm

gallery play wrote:
Tenez wrote:
The thing is: Nadal is really trying to finish his servicepoints within 3-5 shots, and with much succes up till now. So Djoko must hit first, preferably with a pacey return on Nadals feet. If he can do that he'll neutralize NAdals first few shots and from that point he'll make Nadal very nervous. But the same goes for NAdal, he'll try to rally when Djoko's on serve.
They're so alike these days, they basically have to pull the same tactics.
It will be all down to who can dictate...and though Nadal takesearlier than in the past, I doubt he can take it as early as Djoko now....so if he doesn;t he will be chasing the ball down.

I really have no clue this time on how this match will pan out. Djoko's return, you right, AND his BH will key for sure to keep Nadal on his toes.

still....I fancy Djoko.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:14 pm

Tonight:
Partly cloudy early with increasing clouds overnight. Low around 65F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.

Not too bad.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:48 pm

Tenez wrote:Tonight:
Partly cloudy early with increasing clouds overnight. Low around 65F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.

Not too bad.
I don't know NY's microclimate, so not sure how low temperatures affect humidity, but heavier balls should favour Nole as the match progresses.
Both players will be pretty nervous, Nadal more than Nole.

Nole will definitely want the win much more than Nadal, and when he is in that life or death scenario in his mind, he will be hard to beat.
It is not going to be nice to watch;  I can already hear Nadal's grunts go quieter and quieter through rallies and the area under his eyes get dark as his energy level drops to survival mode.
At the same time, Nole will be going madder and madder, roaring himself into the demolition mood on which he will be physically seriously depleted but going strong on pure adrenaline.
4 hours to go....I wonder what they are doing right now.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:08 pm

noleisthebest wrote:

Nole will definitely want the win much more than Nadal...
Not sure about that. What they want is very much irrelevant, they are both desperate to win and be number 1 , that's for sure. Composure again is much more important than wanting. Had he been composed in that FO 5th set he woudl have bagged that slam..instead of rushing it as he was "desperate" to win that point and match. Not very different to that composure gained by knowing he had lost that he saved 2 MPs v Federer in the USO a couple of years ago.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:29 pm

what time does it start here?

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:57 pm

10pm

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:30 pm

Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:

Nole will definitely want the win much more than Nadal...
Not sure about that. What they want is very much irrelevant, they are both desperate to win and be number 1 , that's for sure. Composure again is much more important than wanting. Had he been composed in that FO 5th set he woudl have bagged that slam..instead of rushing it as he was "desperate" to win that point and match. Not very different to that composure gained by knowing he had lost that he saved 2 MPs v Federer in the USO a couple of years ago.
Not quite, especially when it comes to Nole. The things that will drive him in this match will be very different from those that will drive Nadal.
I agree about composure.
However, when it comes to Nole, composure has not been his major problem but the self-imposed pressure that comes and builds up from external pressure. He does have a tendency to crack under big pressure like he did against Federer in that SF in RG in 2011.

However, none of that will be in play tonight. Nole is not under any such pressure, he just wants to wipe that grin from Nada, because of that ball smashed in his face in Montreal.

If anything, he will be desperate just for a good start as he is very wobbly and raw on the inside atm. He has been using a lot of big words and promises this year. That is very unlike him. He did it again before this match.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:01 pm

Not sure if  I can watch the whole match. IMO the winner will be more gutsy  player in that encounter. Quite important the first set. Regardless who will win it, these two players are by a margin further than others.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:02 pm

The hour has come.

IDEMO NOLE MAJSTOREEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  diva cracker racket1 tennisball strawberries surfer Magic tennisball

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:11 pm

ok just on the warm up alone I say Djoko in 3. Winking

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:21 pm

Good first game. Nadal starts to understand that he will have a tough match.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:30 pm

Rafa breaks

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:42 pm

I have a feeling Nole is going to break Nadal now.

He is hating Nadal's guts in this match, if only you could hear what he is saying Winking

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:46 pm

Mmmmmm....not this time.

I just hope he calms this passion down a bit, it's going to eat him alive.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:49 pm

5-2 down Sad

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:50 pm

LOL! Nadal flies on the court. He makes Djoko look sluggish nowadays. The power in his shots are also in a differengt league. Djoko's flatter shots are retrieved with ease.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:54 pm

Nadal is better on his legs than Nole. If Nole does not hold his serve in his first two serve games in the second set, then this match is over.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:54 pm

6-2. Big rethink for nole.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:56 pm

I still expect Nadal to drop some level as the match extends....but he seems certainly very fit nowadays.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:57 pm

I am afraid Nole is playing too cautiously. Those excellent CC FHs need to be hit more often, BH almost non-existant, using it only for pushing, as a result of all that serving looking toothless, too.
Time for some seriois focus.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:59 pm

Tenez wrote:I still expect Nadal to drop some level as the match extends....but he seems certainly very fit nowadays.
Nadal is doped to his eyeballs, it's disgusting.
What a farce. Somebody in ATP  and ITD should hang their heads in shame....

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:00 pm

Tbh I have been thinking a couple of months, that Nole with his thin musculature will be in troubles on hc.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next