Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
federer - Federer pulls out of Montreal with bad back EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
federer - Federer pulls out of Montreal with bad back EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
federer - Federer pulls out of Montreal with bad back EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
federer - Federer pulls out of Montreal with bad back EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
federer - Federer pulls out of Montreal with bad back EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
federer - Federer pulls out of Montreal with bad back EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
federer - Federer pulls out of Montreal with bad back EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
federer - Federer pulls out of Montreal with bad back EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
federer - Federer pulls out of Montreal with bad back EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Federer pulls out of Montreal with bad back

4 posters

Go down

federer - Federer pulls out of Montreal with bad back Empty Federer pulls out of Montreal with bad back

Post by truffin1 Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:09 pm

Fed made it official on his facebook and website...   According to some insiders on the website, Cinci is highly in doubt as well..  Apparently Federer tried to practice yesterday and only a light hit.

I said it before the clay tournies he added--  he was taking a huge risk in aggravating his injuries for 750 points max when he had 3 tournaments so near that had 4000 points.  Later we realized that he needed to matchplay the new racquet, but it was a big mistake.  I would expect he tries to play Cinci and for sure the US Open, but I also wouldn't mind him shutting it down for the rest of the year..  He needs to get his body in order before any great tennis can be played

truffin1

Back to top Go down

federer - Federer pulls out of Montreal with bad back Empty Re: Federer pulls out of Montreal with bad back

Post by noleisthebest Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:14 pm

Nooooooooooooo Sad 

I can't say I am surprised, though, it was inevitable after Gstaad. Still, I would love to see him play in Cincy & USO,  and hope he does.

What's the worst case scenario for Fed's ranking if he wrote the rest of the year off?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

federer - Federer pulls out of Montreal with bad back Empty Re: Federer pulls out of Montreal with bad back

Post by truffin1 Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:49 pm

They are saying on his forum that if he ends his season now he could fall to 10 or even a few spots lower if some of those guys make some runs, but more likely he would still be top 10...   He's locked in at 2700 points now which would have finished #10 last year...   

There is a theory building which makes sense that he plays Cinci and the US Open and try to get as many points as he can and then take a long break hoping it's enough to stay top 8, then return for the WTF which we know he values highly... Really-   US Open, WTF and maybe Basel are the remaining tournaments that prob hold a special meaning to him... so I could see him trying to pull that off.   Either way- I hope he truly takes a break if that will solve the problem.

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:20 pm

Thanks for the info Truffin. The bottom line is I am not sure his back injury can be fixed by resting.

He took long breaks before and it did not really help.

I think an op or special treatment could....but until he does something drastic I can;t see him playing back to the level he could.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:43 pm

Maybe he can take out the rest of the year and come back in Chile 2014?

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:44 pm

Im kidding of course, let's hope he's back for Cincy. As far as I'm aware he's still scheduled for that.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:24 pm

Tenez wrote:Thanks for the info Truffin. The bottom line is I am not sure his back injury can be fixed by resting.

I think an op or special treatment could....but until he does something drastic I can;t see him playing back to the level he could.

Yes, probably needs to strengthen the core to the absolute maximum and then manage any spasms with pain-killers, he seems to have a combination of sciatica and stiffness. Neither are debilitating but are a nigthmare for a top athlete, because they make fitness training which he needs badly virtually impossible. I am pretty sure he'll play Cincy and USO.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:37 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Tenez wrote:Thanks for the info Truffin. The bottom line is I am not sure his back injury can be fixed by resting.

Yes, probably needs to strengthen the core to the absolute maximum and then manage any spasms with pain-killers, he seems to have a combination of sciatica and stiffness. Neither are debilitating but are a nigthmare for a top athlete, because they make fitness training which he needs badly virtually impossible. I am pretty sure he'll play Cincy and USO.

nightmare for us regular folks too.. my sciatica is flared and I played two sets today with what felt like a big ball of fire in my ankle, and someone tickling me in my knee!! Nerves to crazy things when they are aggravated!   Imagine how hard it is for a Federer to concentrate feeling that in a match...

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:40 pm

I don't know...tennis is such a fussy game to play, so many things can distract you and so many things need to get in place for one harmonious display.
I also played two sets this evening, and because my serving was bad I was annoyed with EVERYTHING, right down to the ball in my pocket, not to mention those pain in the neck little flies, and grunting from next court, not enough light, then too much shadowing when the lights came on....

If I was Fed and having this back problem hindering me, I'd be having a special room to scream in for half an hour first thing in the morning.... Run

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:58 pm

Here's a little insight in hiw Federer approaches his tennis life & the backache (interview given the day before his match v. Nadal):

“I’ve always played very well being hurt, actually, and sometimes that has caused problems for me that I should have retired many matches throughout my career but I didn’t. And some of those, I guess, I took chances. Some other times it really wasn’t worth it to put myself in that position in some moments I’ve been again this year.

But I believe when I can walk and I can hit decent, you never know. So I give myself the opportunity. Sometimes miracles happen, like last year at Wimbledon. You get a bit lucky or you heal well, get the extra day off, and all that stuff. I mean, I definitely have to also understand that sometimes it’s better not to play. But very often also I’ve sort of been able to take advantage of toughing it out and then eventually coming through and actually feeling great at the end of the tournament, like Wimbledon last year.”

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:35 am

Yes....it's exactly what some of us were seeing while most thought we were trying to find excuses.

Until now I have never attributed a Federer loss to Nadal due to aging. All his losses have been down to Nadal simply having a surperior physique, sending a ball too hard to control with a 90inch racquet and Federer being injured or not at his best.

In essence the H2H is simply explained by technology, Nadal making the most of technology and "diet" and Federer having learnt his tennis in 1990s with outdated material and strings.....And things were made worse when at his peak they started to slow down key tournaments.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:04 am

Nadal also has a similar H2H advantage over Djokovic who is actually younger than Nadal.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:16 am

Nadal and Djoko have been training with same material. Nadal's key advantage over Djoko is that he was simply physically much stronger at an earlier age which made Nadal's success and got him 12 slams.....He other words he has the better "preparation team" as they say nowadays.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:45 am

Well he didn't win all 12 slams when he was young, did he Nadal.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down