Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Djokovic - Djokovic's father seethes at Federer, Nadal; 'Novak’s success is incredible, and some people simply cannot accept it' EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Djokovic - Djokovic's father seethes at Federer, Nadal; 'Novak’s success is incredible, and some people simply cannot accept it' EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Djokovic - Djokovic's father seethes at Federer, Nadal; 'Novak’s success is incredible, and some people simply cannot accept it' EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Djokovic - Djokovic's father seethes at Federer, Nadal; 'Novak’s success is incredible, and some people simply cannot accept it' EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Djokovic - Djokovic's father seethes at Federer, Nadal; 'Novak’s success is incredible, and some people simply cannot accept it' EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Djokovic - Djokovic's father seethes at Federer, Nadal; 'Novak’s success is incredible, and some people simply cannot accept it' EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Djokovic - Djokovic's father seethes at Federer, Nadal; 'Novak’s success is incredible, and some people simply cannot accept it' EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Djokovic - Djokovic's father seethes at Federer, Nadal; 'Novak’s success is incredible, and some people simply cannot accept it' EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Djokovic - Djokovic's father seethes at Federer, Nadal; 'Novak’s success is incredible, and some people simply cannot accept it' EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Djokovic's father seethes at Federer, Nadal; 'Novak’s success is incredible, and some people simply cannot accept it'

2 posters

Go down

Djokovic - Djokovic's father seethes at Federer, Nadal; 'Novak’s success is incredible, and some people simply cannot accept it' Empty Djokovic's father seethes at Federer, Nadal; 'Novak’s success is incredible, and some people simply cannot accept it'

Post by N2D2L Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:45 pm

Bold interview from Djokovic's father, claims Federer is 'totally different person compared to tennis player' says Nadal is no longer Djokovic's friend.

Excerpt from: http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=471784
It has also been reported in ESPN: http://www.espn.co.uk/tennis/sport/story/225999.html

Srdjan Djokovic Interview wrote:
How difficult was it to sacrifice your entire family for the success of one of its members?
- That was a difficult and risky decision taken by my wife and me, since nobody could guarantee that we would succeed eventually. We truly believed in Novak, in his athletic and personal qualities, as all parents do. The biggest problem in the world of tennis is when parents lose touch with reality. They can destroy the future of their kids, their families and in many cases it really has a terrible outcome. Parents do not want to hear or accept the truth from the mouth of tennis experts.
I had a completely opposite standpoint. When he was eight, Jelena Gencic, who gave a lot to Novak in his life, told me that Monika Seles and him are the greatest talents she ever saw in her career. As years passed, we have not heard different opinions from any other expert.

So, when did you finally make your decision?
- We took the risk and stand behind Novak without any reserves when he was 10 years old. We sat with him and asked – what do you want to do in your life? He told us “I want to be number one tennis player in the World”, and we decided to support him. That was the point when he completely devoted to his career. Even that young, he had his opinion and he was stubborn, like he is today. His relationship towards his rivals, elders, young, known and unknown people is unchanged ever since, and will be like that until the end of his life.

Attending tournaments and supporting a tennis player costs a lot of mone. Did you knock any door in Serbia?
- Yes, but they were all closed. OK, it was a difficult situation in our country, sanctions, NATO bombing. There were individuals who could help, but they were not visionaries to see his potential, although never before, in the history of European junior tennis, no kid was able to win the Number One titles in the ages of 14, 16 and 18, like Novak did. These years were very difficult for our family. We had a family business (fast food), but expenditures were much higher than our income. We were forced to lend money from usurers with 15 percent interest per month, in order to finance Novak’s tennis expenses.

What are you most proud of in relation to Novak?
- As a kid, he used to be terribly upset when losing matches, he could not handle loses. I repeatedly told him that he has to congratulate his opponent and say „Congratulations on your great game, I will do my best to beat you next time“. It is better to lose a match with dignity than to win it undeservedly, after much trouble and suffering on the court. A loss makes you think of your game in the long term so you don’t make the same mistakes next time. He realised that, and you can see his manners now after losing a match.

He is one of the rare top tennis players who keeps his temper when losing.
- He is not one of many players, I believe that he is the only tennis player in the top echelon who baheves like that. I don’t know any other athlete who treats his opponent the same, regardless of wining or losing the match, like Novak does.

Even Federer and Nadal
- Rafa was Novak’s best friend while he was regularly beating him. After Novak started winning their matches, they were not friends anymore. That’s not sportsmanship. That’s one thing where Novak hugely differes from both of them.
Federer is probably the best player in history of tennis, but as a person he is totally different. He bashed novak during Davis cup in Geneve, after realising that Novak became the threat to his dominance. He tried to discredit him. Novak’s success is incredible, and some people simply cannot accept it.

And what is the relationshio between Novak and Andy?
We- ll, that’s different. The two of them grew up together, Andy is one week older than Novak. They were attending tournaments together, playing tennis, playing football, hanging out together and they really became close friends even after achieving professional careers.
I never saw jealousy or envy in Murray family against Novak. His mother came to the dressing room after Rome finals and sincerely congratulated Novak, his team and his family. Andy is a shining example of good sportsmen, who can handle both loses and wins as a gentleman. Novak and him probably cannot be „best buddies“ when they compete for great trophies, and finally for great prizes against each other. But they are more than fair competitors and I am sure that after they finish their professional careers, they will be true and great friends.

A few things:
-Djokovic is the only player in tennis who I have actually seen come out and specifically say that he doesn't think he can be friends with any of his rivals as it is so competitive:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-1389547/Novak-Djokovic-I-mates-Andy-Murray-Rafael-Nadal-fighting-place-history.html
-Djokovic Snr. criticises Federer for bad behaviour- but how was Djokovic's behaviour in the AO 2013 this year? When Wawrinka was crying, instead of comforting him, Novak ripped his shirt off. Even some of his biggest fans have told me they think that was wrong.
-Nadal has today confirmed to a press conference that he gets on very well with Novak, asking Djokovic Snr. to 'talk to his son' for confirmation. He also joked that he has always been beaten by Novak (in response to Djokovic Snr. claiming that Nadal was no longer his friend after starting to lose to him).
-As for 'Novak’s success is incredible, and some people simply cannot accept it.'- both Nadal and especially Federer have been more successful so far compared to Djokovic- perhaps Djokovic's father should recognise this.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Djokovic - Djokovic's father seethes at Federer, Nadal; 'Novak’s success is incredible, and some people simply cannot accept it' Empty Re: Djokovic's father seethes at Federer, Nadal; 'Novak’s success is incredible, and some people simply cannot accept it'

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:53 pm

He, he Amri, after the long day I've had, all this here made me smile a bit.

The article you have got is actually second one in the series that started on Monday in Serbia's equivalent of the News of the World ("Kurir").

I read both, and look forward to the rest, I think it will run the whole week.

Srdjan is a strong and prickly character, self-made man who has every right to be proud of his family and son.
He does not owe anyone anything and is free to speak his mind.

In Monday's edition of this whole set of articles, he talked about his financial struggles and how only two people helped him during the first 10 years of Nole's career (ages 5-15), and that's after knocking on many, many doors.  The country was in utter chaos and war, and people who haven't lived through it cannot even begin to imagine what it was like.

He also talks about being on the verge of dying last year, which I knew about but kept it quiet as I didn't want to sound like a excuse pulling fan. He really was in a seriously very bad way and that was affecting Novak a lot.

It lasted from Wimbledon right down to the end of the year, and I remember how subdued and "lost" Novak looked in his first match against Tsonga (WTF, O2)I saw there live (mind you , Tsonga, having just signed Rasheed as a coach did not look a lot better).

As for Srdjan's comments about Federer and Nadal...at least we know what he thinks and obviously has not got over the early grudges with Federer as they all do have a bit of spicy history.

Regarding Nadal, now that's a lot more interesting as the "love" between Novak and him has stopped a while ago, in fact as soon as Nole started drubbing Nadal in 2011. In fact, I don't there has ever been any love to start with. Just a shared PR guy who was obviously doing his job well.
So much so that Nadal cancelled the charity football/tennis match Novak was supposed to play in Real Madrid's stadium last July.

Due to Nadal's "injury" that match was rescheduled for this year, and we all know it never happened.

I know that Novak gets better on with Federer than Nadal, and quite likes Murray.

Srdjan has always been outspoken, I remember USO where he complained of Toni coaching Nadal loudly.
I think the little respect Novak had remaining for Nadal definitely ended for good after this year's RG match and Nadal refusing the court to be watered.
That was the last straw.

The really funny thing is that Nadal felt the immediate and urgent need to answer Srdjan publicly and claim that him and Nole are friends, suggesting that Srdjan  should talk to his own son and find out...

http://www.marca.com/2013/07/30/en/more_sports/1375207450.html

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Djokovic - Djokovic's father seethes at Federer, Nadal; 'Novak’s success is incredible, and some people simply cannot accept it' Empty Re: Djokovic's father seethes at Federer, Nadal; 'Novak’s success is incredible, and some people simply cannot accept it'

Post by N2D2L Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:23 pm

Srdjan is a strong and prickly character, self-made man who has every right to be proud of his family and son.
He does not owe anyone anything and is free to speak his mind.
Sure, I can't disagree with you there.

He also talks about being on the verge of dying last year, which I knew about but kept it quiet as I didn't want to sound like a excuse pulling fan. He really was in a seriously very bad way and that was affecting Novak a lot.
I did not know that, good he is better now Thumbs Up 

So much so that Nadal cancelled the charity football/tennis match Novak was supposed to play in Real Madrid's stadium last July.
Nadal was injured, he also missed the Olympics right after that, and then subsequently the rest of the year.

I think the little respect Novak had remaining for Nadal definitely ended for good after this year's RG match and Nadal refusing the court to be watered.
I'm pretty sure I heard Novak say in the post-match interview that he did not mind due to that, as he acknowledged that different people have different opinions. Why do you think Novak would not tell the truth?

The really funny thing is that Nadal felt the immediate and urgent need to answer Srdjan publicly and claim that him and Nole are friends, suggesting that Srdjan should talk to his own son and find out...
I reported that in the article. He was actually directly asked that in an interview- surely you can't blame Nadal for the question being asked?

I know that Novak gets better on with Federer than Nadal,
How do you know this?
Is it by any chance because you like Federer better than Nadal?

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down