Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Fed adds Gstaad to schedule - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Fed adds Gstaad to schedule - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Fed adds Gstaad to schedule - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Fed adds Gstaad to schedule - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Fed adds Gstaad to schedule - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Fed adds Gstaad to schedule - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Fed adds Gstaad to schedule - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Fed adds Gstaad to schedule - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Fed adds Gstaad to schedule - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Fed adds Gstaad to schedule

+5
N2D2L
Tenez
raiders_of_the_lost_ark
noleisthebest
truffin1
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Fed adds Gstaad to schedule - Page 3 Empty Re: Fed adds Gstaad to schedule

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:51 pm

Such a great interview from Fed, thanks Truffin.
He is always so honest in interviews, such an admirable and rare trait these days!
Always says something interesting and you can glean a lot from it. So good to have him around, and I hope it stays like that for a long time.

A few points to comment on, but I liked this one most:

truffin1 wrote:

Mr. Federer, first of all: How did you got over the early Wimbledon loss?

Roger Federer: After I was since 9 years all the time always at least in the QF of Grand Slams it was of course strange to pack the suitcase. Within 24 hours I had an idea though: That I would like to play Hamburg, that I could play in Gstaad, that I could do a bit of holidays now so that I don't have to do it that often later on.
You can't be sad or disappointed too long. I had a great run at the Grand Slams and it was about to happen one day. Of course I hoped that it wouldn't happen in Wimbledon.

So telling of how he thinks and what a great heart he has. Quite something.
It answers the doubters and fair-weather fans how much he believes in his game and playing ability at moment.
Very mature and clearly comfortable in his skin, with nothing to prove, which is such a great place to be.
He knows too well how good he is, and that confidence cannot be shaken even by that early Wimbledon loss.

He sums it up all nicely and leaves us all in a happy dream:
" There's still much to achieve!"

Yes, the draw looks pretty tough and promises a week of excellent tennis (yipeee!!!)

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Fed adds Gstaad to schedule - Page 3 Empty Re: Fed adds Gstaad to schedule

Post by BlueClay Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:56 am

noleisthebest wrote:Such a great interview from Fed, thanks Truffin.
He is always so honest in interviews, such an admirable and rare trait these days!
Always says something interesting and you can glean a lot from it. So good to have him around, and I hope it stays like that for a long time.

A few points to comment on, but I liked this one most:

truffin1 wrote:

Mr. Federer, first of all: How did you got over the early Wimbledon loss?

Roger Federer: After I was since 9 years all the time always at least in the QF of Grand Slams it was of course strange to pack the suitcase. Within 24 hours I had an idea though: That I would like to play Hamburg, that I could play in Gstaad, that I could do a bit of holidays now so that I don't have to do it that often later on.
You can't be sad or disappointed too long. I had a great run at the Grand Slams and it was about to happen one day. Of course I hoped that it wouldn't happen in Wimbledon.

So telling of how he thinks and what a great heart he has. Quite something.
It answers the doubters and fair-weather fans how much he believes in his game and playing ability at moment.
Very mature and clearly comfortable in his skin, with nothing to prove, which is such a great place to be.
He knows too well how good he is, and that confidence cannot be shaken even by that early Wimbledon loss.

He sums it up all nicely and leaves us all in a happy dream:
" There's still much to achieve!"

Yes, the draw looks pretty tough and promises a week of excellent tennis (yipeee!!!)

?? What?? The confidence has been shaken and that is why he is playing meaningless tune-ups he has not played at in 50 years! The question is whether he can get the confidence back and that can only be done by winning matches and tournaments.

BlueClay

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3