Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Match of The Year, Roland Garros 2013 (Semi)-Final: Djokovic - Nadal Prediction Thread - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Match of The Year, Roland Garros 2013 (Semi)-Final: Djokovic - Nadal Prediction Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Match of The Year, Roland Garros 2013 (Semi)-Final: Djokovic - Nadal Prediction Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Match of The Year, Roland Garros 2013 (Semi)-Final: Djokovic - Nadal Prediction Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Match of The Year, Roland Garros 2013 (Semi)-Final: Djokovic - Nadal Prediction Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Match of The Year, Roland Garros 2013 (Semi)-Final: Djokovic - Nadal Prediction Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Match of The Year, Roland Garros 2013 (Semi)-Final: Djokovic - Nadal Prediction Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Match of The Year, Roland Garros 2013 (Semi)-Final: Djokovic - Nadal Prediction Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Match of The Year, Roland Garros 2013 (Semi)-Final: Djokovic - Nadal Prediction Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Match of The Year, Roland Garros 2013 (Semi)-Final: Djokovic - Nadal Prediction Thread

+9
truffin1
BlueClay
raiders_of_the_lost_ark
summerblues
Tenez
sphairistike
paulcz
gallery play
noleisthebest
13 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Match of The Year, Roland Garros 2013 (Semi)-Final: Djokovic - Nadal Prediction Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Match of The Year, Roland Garros 2013 (Semi)-Final: Djokovic - Nadal Prediction Thread

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:16 pm

Tenez wrote:Yes, Rafa surprised me at times. I can't say he played better over all but he certainly played some key points with guts and luck.

NITB - I am pretty sure that had Djoko not said he was going to win that one...he woudl have won. Really strange of him to say something like that. Those words may have haunted him at times.
Actually, he did not say he would win, that was just the bombastic newspaper headline, what he said was that he knew what he needed to do to win, and how to win.
I, too never liked that pressure he bravely took on from his childhood coach. I wish he could play freely and just for himself once in his life!
It's either for Serbia, for the gradfather, father, coach....
He is quite unique like that and a shame, but that's him, being gallant. I suppose not good for tennis career, but great for life in general, which I suppose counts for more when all is said and done (for those that think and live like that, of course).

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Match of The Year, Roland Garros 2013 (Semi)-Final: Djokovic - Nadal Prediction Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Match of The Year, Roland Garros 2013 (Semi)-Final: Djokovic - Nadal Prediction Thread

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:23 pm

But, in all honesty, I should not be upset with Nole, he did well, just was not meant to be for him today.
Just like in life, you sometimes feel like somebody else is making your moves for you, not yourself, and there's nothing you can do about it.

If he had his time over again, it would have happened differently, but that's the "beauty" of life....at least he went in style and tried to make thing happen by "going for it".

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:26 pm

Well he said it in the RG article too.

When I saw him struggle in that 3rd set....I thought he woudl retire...but once again he managed to retrieve some form...not great as he was still attacking too much to shorten rallies but at the End Nadal had an amazing series of points on the line to take it away from him. Strangely as soon as it got to the 5th I was so confident he woudl win and as expected was 4/2 up and balls for 5/2....how did he mess that set up I don't know. Reminded me the 4th set of the AO12.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:31 pm

Tenez wrote:Well he said it in the RG article too.

When I saw him struggle in that 3rd set....I thought he woudl retire...but once again he managed to retrieve some form...not great as he was still attacking too much to shorten rallies but at the End Nadal had an amazing series of points on the line to take it away from him. Strangely as soon as it got to the 5th I was so confident he woudl win and as expected was 4/2 up and balls for 5/2....how did he mess that set up I don't know. Reminded me the 4th set of the AO12.

Yes, it will remain a mystery.
I hate those "Whys" life haunts you with sometimes.
At least, things happen quickly on a tennis court....and there is always a next year. Well,at least a few of them for Nole.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:42 pm

C'mon Ferrer....win in 3 easy sets and get ready for the final. I don;t have much hope but clearly Tsonga is not going to be any threat if he reaches that final.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:47 pm

Wow 5:1 for Ferer!!!!
...make that 6:1!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:57 pm

I would still like to see Tsonga win, with him I can kind of dream of about 5% win in the final.
With Ferrer, zero chance, only so-close-yet-so-far feeling for about two, max three sets.

Last edited by noleisthebest on Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:57 pm

Whoever plays on Sunday will lose to Rafa, so may as well root for whoever I want to win here - go Tsonga!

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:59 pm

summerblues wrote:Whoever plays on Sunday will lose to Rafa, so may as well root for whoever I want to win here - go Tsonga!

Have you thought of changing your poster name into "Prophet of doom"? Whistle

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:02 pm

Yes Rafa is the strong favourite...but I have now more faith on Tsonga who can still with the crowd trouble Nadal a bit more maybe.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:02 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Have you thought of changing your poster name into "Prophet of doom"? Match of The Year, Roland Garros 2013 (Semi)-Final: Djokovic - Nadal Prediction Thread - Page 6 123628122
Well, just trying to be realistic.

I thought Nole was going to win today - in fact I thought it was going to be relatively straightforward - so optimism has not helped either.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:02 pm

Back to the first SF today, that was a better match than I expected, there was some good tennis and the dynamics were not as expected.
Shame it was not the final, but doesn't really matter, maybe it hurts less like this.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueClay Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:03 pm

Tenez wrote:Yes Rafa is the strong favourite...but I have now more faith on Tsonga who can still with the crowd trouble Nadal a bit more maybe.

First of all Tsonga has to get by Ferrer and that will be a tough task IMO and secondly, whoever wins this match will lose to Nadal. Book it.

BlueClay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:05 pm

BlueClay wrote:
Tenez wrote:Yes Rafa is the strong favourite...but I have now more faith on Tsonga who can still with the crowd trouble Nadal a bit more maybe.

First of all Tsonga has to get by Ferrer and that will be a tough task IMO and secondly, whoever wins this match will lose to Nadal. Book it.

oh no, The prophet of gloom himself Laugh
Please tell me you are not happy Nadal won today, BC!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:06 pm

noleisthebest wrote:the dynamics were not as expected.
I was quite puzzled by Nole's game plan. He said he knew what he needed to do to beat Rafa, but right from the first game he started to do something very different from what has given him all those wins in the past.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:08 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Please tell me you are not happy Nadal won today, BC!
I do not think he is happy, but he is pretty down-to-earth realistic. What can you do? Nadal is going to win on Sunday, barring a minor miracle.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueClay Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:09 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
BlueClay wrote:

oh no, The prophet of gloom himself Match of The Year, Roland Garros 2013 (Semi)-Final: Djokovic - Nadal Prediction Thread - Page 6 2033450363
Please tell me you are not happy Nadal won today, BC!

Do you want me to be completely honest with you? Will you be able to handle it? I prefer Nadal to Djokovic (sorry.) Match of The Year, Roland Garros 2013 (Semi)-Final: Djokovic - Nadal Prediction Thread - Page 6 2211252749 Never was a big Djokovic fan. I respect what he has been able to do in the past two years or so but when he first came around with all of his quitting antics and his nauseating family and the run-ins he had with Federer, I really did not like him much. Today I am more neutral about him. Djokovic fought hard today and it is too bad there had to be a loser.

BlueClay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:10 pm

summerblues wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:the dynamics were not as expected.
I was quite puzzled by Nole's game plan. He said he knew what he needed to do to beat Rafa, but right from the first game he started to do something very different from what has given him all those wins in the past.

I think the dry conditions were very difficult for him, should not be estimated. He won the first set in Monte Carlo with the same game plan he lost the first set here.

After today's match Nadal goes down in the history of tennis as "The King of retrieving", he was quite unbelievable at times. I am not talking about scrapping points here, just pure defending.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueClay Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:11 pm

summerblues wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:Please tell me you are not happy Nadal won today, BC!
I do not think he is happy, but he is pretty down-to-earth realistic. What can you do? Nadal is going to win on Sunday, barring a minor miracle.

I don't hate Nadal. I dislike a lot of things that he does (long list) but I don't hate him as some others obviously do here.

BlueClay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:12 pm

BlueClay wrote:
Do you want me to be completely honest with you? Will you be able to handle it? I prefer Nadal to Djokovic (sorry.) Match of The Year, Roland Garros 2013 (Semi)-Final: Djokovic - Nadal Prediction Thread - Page 6 2211252749 Never was a big Djokovic fan. I respect what he has been able to do in the past two years or so but when he first came around with all of his quitting antics and his nauseating family and the run-ins he had with Federer, I really did not like him much. Today I am more neutral about him. Djokovic fought hard today and it is too bad there had to be a loser.

BC,

I knew that all the time Winking
Now do you want me to be completely honest with you and can you handle it?
I don't think you are a Fed fan at all, I think you are a full on Nadal fan. But that's fine.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueClay Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:14 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
BlueClay wrote:

BC,

I knew that all the time Match of The Year, Roland Garros 2013 (Semi)-Final: Djokovic - Nadal Prediction Thread - Page 6 1071211947
I don't think you are a Fed fan at all, I think you are a full on Nadal fan. But that's fine.

No absolutely not true. I am a Federer fan completely. When he retires I will not be a happy camper.

BlueClay

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:14 pm

noleisthebest wrote:He won the first set in Monte Carlo with the same game plan he lost the first set here.
I do not know about that. In MC 1st set, he was patiently staying in rallies, biding his time. Only at 4:0 or 5:0 he started swinging, and that is when he got broken.

Today, right from the word go he was trying to blow Rafa off the court. That just hardly ever works.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:17 pm

BlueClay wrote:I don't hate Nadal. I dislike a lot of things that he does (long list) but I don't hate him as some others obviously do here.
Fair enough. I remembered you saying a few days ago you disliked quite a few things about Rafa, so I assumed you were rooting for Nole.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueClay Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:20 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
BlueClay wrote:

BC,

I knew that all the time Match of The Year, Roland Garros 2013 (Semi)-Final: Djokovic - Nadal Prediction Thread - Page 6 1071211947

Why would you say I am not a Fed fan but a Nadal fan? I think Nadal is a doper and I don't believe his injuries. He uses gamesmanship at times and I am not fond of his grinding style but I do not hate him. I am realistic when it comes to his chances on clay. He is the best on clay and the best at the FO and for me I could not see how people could pick Djokovic over Nadal at the FO based on their past records there.

BlueClay

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueClay Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:22 pm

summerblues wrote:
BlueClay wrote:I don't hate Nadal. I dislike a lot of things that he does (long list) but I don't hate him as some others obviously do here.
Fair enough. I remembered you saying a few days ago you disliked quite a few things about Rafa, so I assumed you were rooting for Nole.

I wasn't really rooting for either, don't really care either way. I was basing my prediction that Nadal would win on what I thought the realistic chances were not on which player I favour.

BlueClay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:22 pm

BlueClay wrote:

Why would you say I am not a Fed fan but a Nadal fan? I think Nadal is a doper and I don't believe his injuries. He uses gamesmanship at times and I am not fond of his grinding style but I do not hate him. I am realistic when it comes to his chances on clay. He is the best on clay and the best at the FO and for me I could not see how people could pick Djokovic over Nadal at the FO based on their past records there.

Because you seem to relish coming here and telling us how Nadal is going to win everything. Almost exclusively.
And I have never seen you say anything nice about Federer.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueClay Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:24 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
BlueClay wrote:

Because you seem to relish coming here and telling us how Nadal is going to win everything. Almost exclusively.
And I have never seen you say anything nice about Federer.

I love Federer but I think he is past it now. I try to be very realistic and not let my preferences guide me in my predictions. Not easy to do.

BlueClay

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:27 pm

RG has turned out to be the biggest disaster ever..
I had high hopes for Roger and Novak..but it seems like the drusgs cheat has gotten away with it again...no one can deny that he was on the juice again from the second week
The difference between first week Nadal and second week Nadal is way too good to be true

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:27 pm

BlueClay wrote:
I love Federer but I think he is past it now. I try to be very realistic and not let my preferences guide me in my predictions. Not easy to do.

What do you love about Federer: his winning or his tennis?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:28 pm

Veejay wrote:RG has turned out to be the biggest disaster ever..
I had high hopes for Roger and Novak..but it seems like the drusgs cheat has gotten away with it again...no one can deny that he was on the juice again from the second week
The difference between first week Nadal and second week Nadal is way too good to be true

Tell me about it Wah brokenheart

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueClay Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:29 pm

But you had to know Nadal was going to step up his level against Djokovic. He does not have to play his best to beat Wawrinka. He does have to play his best to beat Djokovic. You can't judge his level against those lesser players.

BlueClay

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueClay Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:30 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
BlueClay wrote:

What do you love about Federer: his winning or his tennis?

First and foremost his beautiful tennis! But I loved seeing him dominate the sport like no other as well.Match of The Year, Roland Garros 2013 (Semi)-Final: Djokovic - Nadal Prediction Thread - Page 6 364988687

BlueClay

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:33 pm

BlueClay wrote:

But you had to know Nadal was going to step up his level against Djokovic. He does not have to play his best to beat Wawrinka. He does have to play his best to beat Djokovic. You can't judge his level against those lesser players.

Exactly.. and what doe ste[ping up mean?
This is ot the same nadl who lost at Mont Carlo...but youre missing the biggest point,such overnight improvement is way too good to be true,especially if you take his previous form into consideration

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:35 pm

BlueClay wrote:
First and foremost his beautiful tennis! But I loved seeing him dominate the sport like no other as well.Match of The Year, Roland Garros 2013 (Semi)-Final: Djokovic - Nadal Prediction Thread - Page 6 364988687

Fed's tennis is still very beautiful and breath-taking. Even when he is losing smiley

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueClay Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:38 pm

Veejay wrote:
BlueClay wrote:

Exactly.. and what doe ste[ping up mean?
This is ot the same nadl who lost at Mont Carlo...but youre missing the biggest point,such overnight improvement is way too good to be true,especially if you take his previous form into consideration

I think Nadal dopes but he certainly is not the only tennis player or pro athlete who dopes. I think most of them do at the top. Monte Carlo is a tune-up and really means nothing in the grand scheme of things. Only slams matter for these guys now.

BlueClay

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueClay Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:39 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
BlueClay wrote:

Fed's tennis is still very beautiful and breath-taking. Even when he is losing Match of The Year, Roland Garros 2013 (Semi)-Final: Djokovic - Nadal Prediction Thread - Page 6 650269930

Not always lately. Match of The Year, Roland Garros 2013 (Semi)-Final: Djokovic - Nadal Prediction Thread - Page 6 2786941968

BlueClay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:39 pm

I hope Tsonga Ferrer match finishes today.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:43 pm

BlueClay wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
Fed's tennis is still very beautiful and breath-taking. Even when he is losing Match of The Year, Roland Garros 2013 (Semi)-Final: Djokovic - Nadal Prediction Thread - Page 6 650269930
Not always lately. Match of The Year, Roland Garros 2013 (Semi)-Final: Djokovic - Nadal Prediction Thread - Page 6 2786941968
The only times I did not enjoy watching him was the two matches he played against Nadal this year.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueClay Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:45 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
BlueClay wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:

The only times I did not enjoy watching him was the two matches he played against Nadal this year.

What about his losses to Murray, Benneteau, Nishikori and Berdych? Those were no picnics.

BlueClay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:49 pm

BlueClay wrote:
What about his losses to Murray, Benneteau, Nishikori and Berdych? Those were no picnics.

What about them?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:53 pm

Tsonga-Ferrer such an anticlimax to the first SF match....

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueClay Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:01 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
BlueClay wrote:

What about them?

They were brutal to watch for a Fed fan at least imo. Really showing his decline. I know you will probably disagree and that is fine.

BlueClay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:12 pm

BlueClay wrote:
They were brutal to watch for a Fed fan at least imo. Really showing his decline. I know you will probably disagree and that is fine.
I don't remember them, certainly not the brutality - those were Fed's losses to Nadal in IW when he played with the very bad back and in Rome where he didn't even bother much. The pain of brutality does not come from the way Federer plays but the physicality with which he is beaten.

He has played some excellent matches this year and less than a year ago in O2. And I know he will play some brilliant tennis in Wimbledon again.

The fact his game and serving are almost intact indicate his chronic back problem. That obviously affects him a lot, but I blink over the times when he plays through it. I don't relish in the fact he struggles. Just enjoy when he doesn't.
He is not going to be around for ever and I am trying to maximise the good times while they last. And will always support him and cheer for him never moan about the losses.
So I find it a bit upsetting when I see his fans complain about him esp after all the years of spectacular tennis he has given them.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:18 pm

Watching Ferrer v Tsonga.....I actually coudl fancy Ferrer's chance on Sunday. Match of The Year, Roland Garros 2013 (Semi)-Final: Djokovic - Nadal Prediction Thread - Page 6 4006036031

Yes, it;s wishful thinking but that is the only thing that may make me watch some of it.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:19 pm

And teh good news is that regardless of the Sunday result, Ferrer will overtake Nadal in teh ranking again!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:20 pm

Well done David!

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:21 pm

Ferrer in RG final. Goodall was correct when he said Ferrer can reach the final last week.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:22 pm

The thing is I feel that even today's Ferrer would have no chance v Federer.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:22 pm

Tenez wrote:And teh good news is that regardless of the Sunday result, Ferrer will overtake Nadal in teh ranking again!
Not for very long though. If David wins on Sunday, he will move ahead of Roger too. Kind of funny.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:23 pm

Tenez wrote:The thing is I feel that even today's Ferrer would have no chance v Federer.
Most likely, he never troubles Federer. Pretty sad for Roger; this draw was as good as he could have hoped for.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next