Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
nadal - Nadal Anticipates and Rationalizes a Loss in RG? EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
nadal - Nadal Anticipates and Rationalizes a Loss in RG? EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
nadal - Nadal Anticipates and Rationalizes a Loss in RG? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
nadal - Nadal Anticipates and Rationalizes a Loss in RG? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
nadal - Nadal Anticipates and Rationalizes a Loss in RG? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
nadal - Nadal Anticipates and Rationalizes a Loss in RG? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
nadal - Nadal Anticipates and Rationalizes a Loss in RG? EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
nadal - Nadal Anticipates and Rationalizes a Loss in RG? EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
nadal - Nadal Anticipates and Rationalizes a Loss in RG? EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Nadal Anticipates and Rationalizes a Loss in RG?

+3
BlueClay
paulcz
SayonaRa
7 posters

Go down

nadal - Nadal Anticipates and Rationalizes a Loss in RG? Empty Nadal Anticipates and Rationalizes a Loss in RG?

Post by SayonaRa Sat May 25, 2013 8:21 am

Nadal: "So if you can ask me if I win one Grand Slam
during the whole year or win six tournaments like I already did, I will choose
win six tournaments.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/tennis/Id-rather-win-tour-events-not-just-Slams-says-Nadal/articleshow/20246098.cms

Is the Times of India trustworthy? I thought nadal can’t stoop any lower constantly hiding
behind fake injuries and almost always giving excuses BEFORE entering a tournament.
Now he sure sinks to a new low by denigrating the most coveted trophy in tennis
history. Those of you agreeing that 6 non-slam titles > 1 GS please raise
your hands.

Why is he dissing the GS like this? Considering the timing of
nadal sour-graping the GS just when he’s entering RG’13, my take is that the
king of clay foresees a loss this time and in the event of being dethroned, he
wants purposefully to rationalize the anticipated loss by discrediting the GS
title IN ADVANCE. This is very consistent nadal sore-loser talk. He does this
all the time to save face and release pressure. He has now exhausted all his
injuries excuses. So on to new material to indirectly belittle another GS title
in RG he thinks he can’t win. It’s like him saying “I don’t care about RG, my
other 6 non-slam titles means more to me.” Poor nadal, can any tennis player, let
alone a tennis champion, sound more disconnected and incoherent choosing NOT to win a GS?

Isn't the king of clay putting on another funny act when the true test is upon him? nadal - Nadal Anticipates and Rationalizes a Loss in RG? 2033450363 nadal - Nadal Anticipates and Rationalizes a Loss in RG? 2033450363

SayonaRa

Back to top Go down

nadal - Nadal Anticipates and Rationalizes a Loss in RG? Empty Re: Nadal Anticipates and Rationalizes a Loss in RG?

Post by SayonaRa Sat May 25, 2013 8:39 am

My comments are based on the fact that The Times of India reported Nadal's latest (d)evaluation of the GS accurately.

SayonaRa

Back to top Go down

nadal - Nadal Anticipates and Rationalizes a Loss in RG? Empty Re: Nadal Anticipates and Rationalizes a Loss in RG?

Post by paulcz Sat May 25, 2013 10:22 am

After Nadal get demolished from by Nole he is going to add many great wins at Hawai, Tahiti, Seychelles and many other challengers from all over where people knows tennis. It is obvious that quantity is in his head nadal - Nadal Anticipates and Rationalizes a Loss in RG? 2786941968

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueClay Sat May 25, 2013 2:27 pm

Dont take his words so literally. All he is doing is trying to take pressure off himself. Nothing new there.

BlueClay

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat May 25, 2013 4:04 pm

BlueClay wrote:Dont take his words so literally. All he is doing is trying to take pressure off himself. Nothing new there.

Nothing new indeed. If anything it shows how much he cares for slams.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by SayonaRa Sat May 25, 2013 4:37 pm

nadal - Nadal Anticipates and Rationalizes a Loss in RG? 2033450363

It also shows how deceitful and dumb he really is. So whatever funny thing he says we should think the opposite is true. Readers are catching up and outsmarting his phoney cry-wolf
approach and he still keeps pulling the same old tricks. Is the guy ever going to grow
up?

SayonaRa

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Sat May 25, 2013 4:48 pm

I have to agree with Tenez
Nadal does this every time to take the presure off him,he cant handle being considered the player to beat
Its no secret that he does better chasing someone rather then being the player to beat
the no1 ranking is a perfect xample,cant hang onto it for a full season,cant cope with the presure of being no1 and defending the ranking,does much better chasing it being ranked 2nd or 3rd
He once even claimed Federer is the favourite at RG over him ( erm ) ...most people wont make much of that,thinking he is just being very humble abd respectful...I think he is taking the piss,mocking and laughing at the gulible fools who buy it

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueClay Sat May 25, 2013 4:58 pm

SR wrote:nadal - Nadal Anticipates and Rationalizes a Loss in RG? 2033450363

It also shows how deceitful and dumb he really is. So whatever funny thing he says we should think the opposite is true. Readers are catching up and outsmarting his phoney cry-wolf
approach and he still keeps pulling the same old tricks. Is the guy ever going to grow
up?

Relax, he is just a tennis player, he is not trying to solve the problem of world hunger. He is not the dumb one, his fans are because they eat all this stuff up.

BlueClay

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Sat May 25, 2013 5:02 pm

up?

Its ususally the opposite,but bottom line is,he is full of shit.You cant take anything he says seriously

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueClay Sat May 25, 2013 5:25 pm

Veejay wrote:

up?

Its ususally the opposite,but bottom line is,he is full of shit.You cant take anything he says seriously

Nadal has some of the dumbest fans I have ever seen. Scary dumb.

BlueClay

Back to top Go down

Post by SayonaRa Sat May 25, 2013 5:56 pm

Veejay wrote:

I just saw this post/question in Ruan's Blog:

"Are the French anti-doping authorities (AFLD) going to show up
UNANNOUNCED in Paris this year, like they did in 09′ when Nadal didn’t
win?"

V, do you know if that was really what happened in RG'09? The anti-doping guys showed up, nadal failed a drug test and had to lose to Soderling because he already got busted before the match? If so, that's allegedly what happened in the exact same way in Wimby when he lost to Rosol.

SayonaRa

Back to top Go down

Post by SayonaRa Sat May 25, 2013 6:04 pm

BlueClay wrote:

Couldn't agree more, BC. Elsewhere, I've never met grown-ups supposedly educated and well informed to be so gullible in believing every word nadal says when the evidence of his phoniness is so clear.

SayonaRa

Back to top Go down

Post by SayonaRa Sat May 25, 2013 6:23 pm

paulcz wrote:After Nadal get demolished from by Nole he is going to add many great wins at Hawai, Tahiti, Seychelles and many other challengers from all over where people knows tennis. It is obvious that quantity is in his head nadal - Nadal Anticipates and Rationalizes a Loss in RG? 2786941968

Quantity only counts when it's untainted and authentic. What's the point of collecting titles if he can't do it naturally? He should worry more about WADA closing in on him. He may lose all his trophies and ends up with nothing like LA. nadal - Nadal Anticipates and Rationalizes a Loss in RG? 2033450363

SayonaRa

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Sat May 25, 2013 6:26 pm

V, do you know if that was really what happened in RG'09? The anti-doping guys showed up, nadal failed a drug test and had to lose to Soderling because he already got busted before the match? If so, that's allegedly what happened in the exact same way in Wimby when he lost to Rosol.

There have been rumours going around for quite some time now that claim he may have failed a drugs test at RG that year
I dont know,Im probably less likely to believe it because I dont think he was doping that summer,he blew Hewit right off the court in a pretty routine clay court performance the previous match showing no signs of injury but was totally out played by Solderling
Nadal was stunned,when he gets stunned he becomes very beatable
The matches he has lost to Tsonga,Solderling and Rosol,they managed to unsettle him somehow I think mostyl cause they were playing at a level he thought was beyond their ability

Of course it is possible,I believe the rumour is partially based on the fact that Nadal didnt play Queens,but 2 exhibition matches.If he was suspended then he would have been allowed to play the exhibition matches but not on tour
Then he waited till after the Wimbledon draw was released to say whether he was going to defend his title or not
Now if he was truely injured like he claimed he was then he would have just withdrawn,not first wait to see what his chances are like and then decide,that clearly proves that he was considering to play which means he was healthy enough to.. he withdrew after seeing a possible second round match up with a player he just lost to in straight sets
The other rumour is that the press confence was pushed back from that early afternoon till the early evening that Friday because Nadal was waiting to hear what the "ruling" was
To not defend his Wimbledon title was a very big decision,so there has to be more to the story..whatever it may be

Now theres a rumour going around that the same thing happeend at Wimbledon last year..once again I dont know,all we can do is speculate
I dont think those loses are down to a failed drugs test,even if it is true,those players completely out played him and they would have given him a serious run for his money on his very very best day

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sat May 25, 2013 6:51 pm

BlueClay wrote:
Veejay wrote:

up?

Nearly correct BC, I agree up to a point, just only would replace „some“ by the „most“. Despite I have written much about this shitless weirdo I think we can also toughen up here from time to time. It is really good to have you here on the board nadal - Nadal Anticipates and Rationalizes a Loss in RG? 3157886161

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueClay Sat May 25, 2013 6:52 pm

Veejay wrote:

There have been rumours going around for quite some time now that claim he may have failed a drugs test at RG that year
I dont know,Im probably less likely to believe it because I dont think he was doping that summer,he blew Hewit right off the court in a pretty routine clay court performance the previous match showing no signs of injury but was totally out played by Solderling
Nadal was stunned,when he gets stunned he becomes very beatable
The matches he has lost to Tsonga,Solderling and Rosol,they managed to unsettle him somehow I think mostyl cause they were playing at a level he thought was beyond their ability

Of course it is possible,I believe the rumour is partially based on the fact that Nadal didnt play Queens,but 2 exhibition matches.If he was suspended then he would have been allowed to play the exhibition matches but not on tour
Then he waited till after the Wimbledon draw was released to say whether he was going to defend his title or not
Now if he was truely injured like he claimed he was then he would have just withdrawn,not first wait to see what his chances are like and then decide,that clearly proves that he was considering to play which means he was healthy enough to.. he withdrew after seeing a possible second round match up with a player he just lost to in straight sets
The other rumour is that the press confence was pushed back from that early afternoon till the early evening that Friday because Nadal was waiting to hear what the "ruling" was
To not defend his Wimbledon title was a very big decision,so there has to be more to the story..whatever it may be

Now theres a rumour going around that the same thing happeend at Wimbledon last year..once again I dont know,all we can do is speculate
I dont think those loses are down to a failed drugs test,even if it is true,those players completely out played him and they would have given him a serious run for his money on his very very best day

Wait, what do you mean there are rumours? Are you involved in the professional tennis industry somehow?

There is no question in my mind that some of those Nadal "breaks" have been silent suspensions. Nothing else makes sense and certainly the "injury story" put forth by the Nadal camp after the Wimbeldon loss was a comedy of errors. What kind of idiot could possibly believe Nadal has a serious injury, so serious that he did not have surgery or any kind of standard immobilization treatments that we know of. We know he did not have any of those treatments because every third day we saw pics of him jumping off boats and on jet-skis. Nobody with a serious knee injury would be doing those activiites. No way.

BlueClay

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sat May 25, 2013 6:59 pm

BlueClay wrote:

up?

Relax, he is just a tennis player, he is not trying to solve the problem of world hunger. He is not the dumb one, his fans are because they eat all this stuff up.

Exactly. I can only understand the children and perhaps girls with a weird taste, then oldies who practically did not play tennis at all, that can find something on Nadal, which them attracts to watching him. The mind boggles for the others nadal - Nadal Anticipates and Rationalizes a Loss in RG? 2786941968

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Sat May 25, 2013 7:05 pm

Wait, what do you mean there are rumours? Are you involved in the professional
tennis industry somehow?

No,these are just rumours floating around,it could have been started by anyone and theres obviously a big possiblity that theres no substance to it which is why I dont pay that much attention to it
But at the same time you have to ask yourself how often do rumours like these turn out to be true,and I'm not just taking about doping,all kinds of rumours about famous people...95 % of the time rumours turn out to be 100% true ,and every single time it has been 100% true when it comes to doping,cause as the saying goes,theres no smoke without fire

I do know someone who has a friend that works for IMG and he has told me a few things about certain sports stars that he has heard,one thing he told me about turned out to be 100% true and the rest I have speculated about but I maintain that its just a rumour-hear say and that there is no basis in fact
Most people wont even believe that a friend of mine actually knows someone who works there and I totally understand that

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by SayonaRa Mon May 27, 2013 9:00 am

Veejay wrote:
Wait, what do you mean there are rumours? Are you involved in the professional
tennis industry somehow?

No,these are just rumours floating around,it could have been started by anyone and theres obviously a big possiblity that theres no substance to it which is why I dont pay that much attention to it
But at the same time you have to ask yourself how often do rumours like these turn out to be true,and I'm not just taking about doping,all kinds of rumours about famous people...95 % of the time rumours turn out to be 100% true ,and every single time it has been 100% true when it comes to doping,cause as the saying goes,theres no smoke without fire

I do know someone who has a friend that works for IMG and he has told me a few things about certain sports stars that he has heard,one thing he told me about turned out to be 100% true and the rest I have speculated about but I maintain that its just a rumour-hear say and that there is no basis in fact
Most people wont even believe that a friend of mine actually knows someone who works there and I totally understand that

I believe you. I've the same friend. nadal - Nadal Anticipates and Rationalizes a Loss in RG? 1071211947

Am I reading you guys wrong? You seem to have become more conservative and BC is the daring and committed one more convinced that nadal dopes? nadal - Nadal Anticipates and Rationalizes a Loss in RG? 563610107

SayonaRa

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon May 27, 2013 9:09 am

SR wrote:
Veejay wrote:

I just saw this post/question in Ruan's Blog:

"Are the French anti-doping authorities (AFLD) going to show up
UNANNOUNCED in Paris this year, like they did in 09′ when Nadal didn’t
win?"

In the 2009 FO AFLD was indeed authorised by the ATP/ITF to do their own testing. For some reasons, and according to the AFLD director, they were not allowed by the ITF to carry on the same tests the following years. It's a shame the director of AFLD never said why their were banned from teh FO when they actually are free to test any competition on France soil but he was disgutted by it.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by SayonaRa Mon May 27, 2013 9:59 am

If we just look at the strikingly matching circumstantial evidence and without taking
anything away from Sodderling and Rosol, nadal’s RG 09 and W 12 losses to them are
just too similar and suspicious. Sometime during his suspension nadal also
stated that he was NOT injured in RG 12. I’m inclined to believe the "rumours" that the AFLD
tested him in Paris and the independent Olympics Anti-doping Initiative tested him in London. Surprise, surprise. He failed the drug tests in both cases. Nadal
fans can deny and delude themselves all they want, but as V said, no fire, no
smoke.

SayonaRa

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon May 27, 2013 10:12 am

I think Nadal lost his matches to Soderling and Rosol fair and square.

They both played phenomenal matches and were able to beat Nadal with some fearless tennis.

I watched the highlights of Soderling Nadal match the other day ( pure bliss smiley ) , Nadal was desperate to win ( just like against Rosol) but couldn't do anything.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon May 27, 2013 10:22 am

As I said earlier, proper testing is done in slams when a player loses or when he wins. We all know that players, if they do dope, take their stuff before the slams or maybe even at the beginning. An early loss woudl result in blood testing when maybe the blood is not clean yet. This adds pressure to the player.

So it might be those early losses which resulted in positive tests and silent bans. Had Nadal reached the later stages he may have been clean by then.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon May 27, 2013 10:25 am

Tenez wrote:As I said earlier, proper testing is done in slams when a player loses or when he wins. We all know that players, if they do dope, take their stuff before the slams or maybe even at the beginning. An early loss woudl result in blood testing when maybe the blood is not clean yet. This adds pressure to the player.

So it might be those early losses which resulted in positive tests and silent bans. Had Nadal reached the later stages he may have been clean by then.

That makes those two losses even more special Bubbly

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by SayonaRa Mon May 27, 2013 10:26 am

Hey, NITB, if your view was the case, much worse for the king of clay. It means he's beatable. Lose-lose situation for him in either case, no wonder he's hair is thinning so fast. nadal - Nadal Anticipates and Rationalizes a Loss in RG? 2033450363

SayonaRa

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon May 27, 2013 10:28 am

I was meant to say :As I said earlier, proper testing is done in slams when a player loses or when he wins it. SO once only in effect. Winning preserves them from being tested....until they win the whole thing.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon May 27, 2013 10:30 am

SR wrote:Hey, NITB, if your view was the case, much worse for the king of clay. It means he's beatable. Lose-lose situation for him in either case, no wonder he's hair is thinning so fast. nadal - Nadal Anticipates and Rationalizes a Loss in RG? 2033450363

Of course he is beatable, Nole said so long ago Winking!

Just a shame he has been allowed to get away with so much during his career and robbed some honest and decent players of many titles....and wrecked tennis in the meantime!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by SayonaRa Mon May 27, 2013 10:31 am

Tenez wrote:As I said earlier, proper testing is done in slams when a player loses or when he wins. We all know that players, if they do dope, take their stuff before the slams or maybe even at the beginning. An early loss woudl result in blood testing when maybe the blood is not clean yet. This adds pressure to the player.

Yup, all sounds very logical to me. nadal - Nadal Anticipates and Rationalizes a Loss in RG? 364988687

SayonaRa

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon May 27, 2013 10:32 am

Tenez wrote:I was meant to say :As I said earlier, proper testing is done in slams when a player loses or when he wins it. SO once only in effect. Winning preserves them from being tested....until they win the whole thing.

They should test them ALL after every match in slams!
ITF is plain greedy.....and Nadal lost those two matches fair and square. The fact he suffered silent bans is just a consequence of having lost early in the tournament before he could pass as " clean"....

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by SayonaRa Mon May 27, 2013 10:58 am

noleisthebest wrote:

Of course he is beatable, Nole said so long ago nadal - Nadal Anticipates and Rationalizes a Loss in RG? 1071211947!

I meant beatable by players other than Nole, in a Bo5 format and in the early round, when he's in good form UNINJURED. For the longest time, his fans wanted the rest of the world to believe that: "nadal's unbeatable when healthy". Pure delusion.

SayonaRa

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon May 27, 2013 11:11 am

We all know Nadal is hard to beat and that it is not because he is a great player, the requirement is purely physical.
Or, in case of Soderling's match just a superb performance, in case of Rosol same as Soderling plus faster grass and indoor conditions.

I think Nadal is much more beatable now with implementation of 25 sec rule, which is why we are seeing guys like Ferrer coming quite close.

Wimbledon should be very, very interesting. And I do hope Nadal does not win this RG, I think he would find it very hard to swallow that loss.

So we can all hope if not before, then in the SF against Nole.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by SayonaRa Mon May 27, 2013 11:17 am

Tenez wrote:I was meant to say :As I said earlier, proper testing is done in slams when a player loses or when he wins it. SO once only in effect. Winning preserves them from being tested....until they win the whole thing.

If I'm reading you right, what you said supports nitb's view that nadal wanted to win in the worse way vs Soderling and Rosol (to avoid the drug tests), but couldn't. Then after the losses he got tested and failed and the bans ensued. This scenario makes even more sense than what I previously thought (by mistake): that he was tested positive prior to the Paris and London matches and was told to tank these matches because he wasn't allowed to continue playing after the failed tests.

Been trying to work out the most likely scenario for the relevant nadal's FO and W losses. I think I got it now. Thanks!

SayonaRa

Back to top Go down

Post by SayonaRa Mon May 27, 2013 11:22 am

noleisthebest wrote:We all know Nadal is hard to beat and that it is not because he is a great player, the requirement is purely physical.
Or, in case of Soderling's match just a superb performance, in case of Rosol same as Soderling plus faster grass and indoor conditions.

I think Nadal is much more beatable now with implementation of 25 sec rule, which is why we are seeing guys like Ferrer coming quite close.

Yes, good point. That may be the most significant factor why, albeit winning most of the clays titles, he's not looking as sharp as he was before the ban. He easily finished Ferrer off in 2 before, now he needs 3 player like an old lady in slow motion more ancient than Fed. nadal - Nadal Anticipates and Rationalizes a Loss in RG? 2033450363 nadal - Nadal Anticipates and Rationalizes a Loss in RG? 2033450363

SayonaRa

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon May 27, 2013 11:35 am

SR wrote:

If I'm reading you right, what you said supports nitb's view that nadal wanted to win in the worse way vs Soderling and Rosol (to avoid the drug tests), but couldn't. Then after the losses he got tested and failed and the bans ensued. This scenario makes even more sense than what I previously thought (by mistake): that he was tested positive prior to the Paris and London matches and was told to tank these matches because he wasn't allowed to continue playing after the failed tests.

Been trying to work out the most likely scenario for the relevant nadal's FO and W losses. I think I got it now. Thanks!

Yes it is difficult to say if and where for certain he was tested. He may have been tested + before the slam but the procedure takes time and it's always easier to blame a loser than a winning champion bringing lost of sponsors cash on the table.

The ugly loss v Rosol coudl certainly support this fear and fight to win at all cost.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by sphairistike Tue May 28, 2013 2:14 pm

What do you guys think of his match vs. Brands?

4-6, 7-6(4), 6-4, 6-3

He could have easily been two sets to love down then he would have still won it I guess as in 2011 Round 1 when he was two sets down to Isner...

sphairistike

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue May 28, 2013 2:47 pm

Yes...being 2 sets to love would not have meant much sadly. Cause at 2 sets up...Brands looked like had just played 2 sets...Nadal looked as good as when he started the match.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down