Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Olympics Are Coming And I'm feelin' Good! EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Olympics Are Coming And I'm feelin' Good! EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Olympics Are Coming And I'm feelin' Good! EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Olympics Are Coming And I'm feelin' Good! EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Olympics Are Coming And I'm feelin' Good! EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Olympics Are Coming And I'm feelin' Good! EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Olympics Are Coming And I'm feelin' Good! EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Olympics Are Coming And I'm feelin' Good! EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Olympics Are Coming And I'm feelin' Good! EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Olympics Are Coming And I'm feelin' Good!

2 posters

Go down

Olympics Are Coming And I'm feelin' Good! Empty Olympics Are Coming And I'm feelin' Good!

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:06 pm

Time to get the party goin' 8) !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32_tkje6NjU&feature=related

P.S.

been grumpy long enough, the sunshine must have done the trick :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Olympics Are Coming And I'm feelin' Good! Empty Re: Olympics Are Coming And I'm feelin' Good!

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:13 pm

How's your Olympic frenzy?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Olympics Are Coming And I'm feelin' Good! Empty Re: Olympics Are Coming And I'm feelin' Good!

Post by Guest Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:30 pm

You said that olympics did not excite you. I am all set for27th.

Looking forward to watching it live (first time for me). :afro:

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:38 pm

I used to be an Olympic fanatic when I was a girl. Am a wakling encyclopedia when it comes to some of them.
Used to spend hours and hours ok, days watching EVERYTHING!!!!!such was the boredom in the pre-internet days Winking

Then came the drugs and doping, politics and all other forms of evil and ugliness.
It's all still there, but somehow, I'll make myself watch at least the opening ceremony, some swimming, some athletics (loved the high jump and long jump as well as 800m and 1500m races as well & all relay races).
I was absolutely bananas about gymnastics....not any more!
I used to be glued to TV and then walk around the house pretending I was one of them...must've been hilarious to my parents ....

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:49 pm

You are the first female I know who seems to follow or followed all kinds of sports to this extreme :queen: .

Good to know this. I have been similar, we had our first TV in 1984, My father used to be a sport fanatic as well and it was solely because of him that I became a sports fanatic, I am the only one of my kind in my whole family. Like you put it- walking encyclopedia smiley

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:02 pm

Tennis starts on Saturday!!
Woohoo!!

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:04 pm

veejay, who do you think will win?

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:12 pm

wow3 wrote:veejay, who do you think will win?

Its hard to see someone spoil the Williams party on grass so I think they will win singles and doubles
On the mens side its a tough call between Novak,Roger and Andy
Federer goes in as the favourite,I cant see him blow this opportunity with Nadal out the draw,he's playing with a lot of confidence and if it rains and the roof is used then its going to be pretty much all one way traffic from him

What about yourself,what are your predictions?

Last edited by Veejay on Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:19 pm; edited 3 times in total

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:13 pm

wow3 wrote:You are the first female I know who seems to follow or followed all kinds of sports to this extreme :queen: .

Good to know this. I have been similar, we had our first TV in 1984, My father used to be a sport fanatic as well and it was solely because of him that I became a sports fanatic, I am the only one of my kind in my whole family. Like you put it- walking encyclopedia smiley
I'm the only fanatic in my family , DIY style....My dad did take me to one football match when I was 7, I loved it! I've been to a lot of sports events and I also played a few sports, so that usually maybe goes together.
I wanted to do so many things and my dad wouldn't let me thinking I would neglect school....so I had to sneak out on Saturday mornings to play volleyball for my school team smiley My parents thought I was at my best friend's 8)

Then there were winter olympics....those were the days....

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:31 pm

Veejay wrote:

him

I think Berdych will win. IMO outsider will win it.

Williams are not winning it as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:34 pm

wow3 wrote:
Veejay wrote:

him

Really? Interesting,Berdych is a great player but his first round exit at Wimbledon is bound to have hurt his confidence

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:35 pm

Did you get to see the Coca-Cola van, pardon! the torch,Veejay?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:37 pm

[quote="Veejay"][quote="wow3"]
Veejay wrote:

him

Really? Interesting,Berdych is a great player but his first round exit at Wimbledon is bound to have hurt his confidence

That's why I am putting as fav, I think he is the best rested, I think fatigue is going to kick in at some stage. Fed has been playing non stop. He is not winning oly, I can bet on it.

After Berdych, my next bet will be Murray. Just becuase of the home support and the fact that he is represeting Britain in Britain.

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:38 pm

I suppose you all know who I think will win 8)

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:39 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Did you get to see the Coca-Cola van, pardon! the torch,Veejay?

Big Grin

No its tomorrow...coming down Camden high street Cheers

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:40 pm

Veejay wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:Did you get to see the Coca-Cola van, pardon! the torch,Veejay?

Big Grin

wow, been at least 15 years since I've been down that old lane Winking

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:41 pm

noleisthebest wrote:I suppose you all know who I think will win 8)

what if you are not nole fan, do you still think that nole will win?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:43 pm

As we are talking of it, this is when "we were young" just watch the last minute of it, purely sensational.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIl_3sYPzsQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:48 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Veejay wrote:

Big Grin

Apparently we will be waiting for hours to see a few seconds so I'm wondering if its worth it...
I should probably try and see it cause I won't get another chance to

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:48 pm

wow3 wrote:As we are talking of it, this is when "we were young" just watch the last minute of it, purely sensational.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIl_3sYPzsQ
don't remember that one (by choice), every time I see a torch, I 'm worried the flame will go out :shock:

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:49 pm

Veejay wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
Veejay wrote:

Big Grin

Apparently we will be waiting for hours to see a few seconds so I'm wondering if its worth it...
I should probably try and see it cause I won't get another chance to

I won't spoil your fun, then....Let's say I heard about it rather than saw it ...

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:51 pm

wow3 wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:I suppose you all know who I think will win 8)

what if you are not nole fan, do you still think that nole will win?

That's a crazy question wow and I can't give you the answer. Him and Rog, maybe Tsonga in the final. Nole and Fed are the best players there by FAR, but because it's best of 3 (until the final), there could be upsets, although, I'm not expecting any.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:51 pm

Oh no..thats not good...Camden is a very busy area as it is already..imagine the crowds tomorrow

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:53 pm

Did you remember the archer thing?

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:53 pm

Veejay wrote:Oh no..thats not good...Camden is a very busy area as it is already..imagine the crowds tomorrow

make sure you've got internet at hand while you're waiting.....you can either surf Wooffies's site or watch this interview from Fed (in sSwiss German, dubbed in American English):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUl9Mz8ZjTw&feature=relmfu

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:55 pm

Good interview, fed discussed as what went through his mind when serving for the match against nole.

I like that match was on my racquet.

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:56 pm

wow3 wrote:Did you remember the archer thing?

I do!!!! That was pathetic!!!!! Amazing how all those ceremonies try to outdo the previous one and then do an overkill! Beijing one was just like that, I started glazing over after half an hour.....
I'm expecting the London one to bue sublime, and that's the only reason why I'll be watching it. I also want to see Nole carry the flag, as well as Sharapova, Stan...great times for tennis. Shame Fed turned down the honour, however noble his motif was.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:56 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Veejay wrote:Oh no..thats not good...Camden is a very busy area as it is already..imagine the crowds tomorrow

make sure you've got internet at hand while you're waiting.....you can either surf Wooffies's site or watch this interview from Fed (in sSwiss German, dubbed in American English):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUl9Mz8ZjTw&feature=relmfu

Big Grin Big Grin

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:59 pm

noleisthebest wrote:

I do!!!! That was pathetic!!!!! Amazing how all those ceremonies try to outdo the previous one and then do an overkill! Beijing one was just like that, I started glazing over after half an hour.....
I'm expecting the London one to bue sublime, and that's the only reason why I'll be watching it. I also want to see Nole carry the flag, as well as Sharapova, Stan...great times for tennis. Shame Fed turned down the honour, however noble his motif was.

They say Sydney was the best,I never saw it.Beijing was really impressive.That birds nest stadium is just incredible architecture !
I cant see us topping that especially after the shambles of the closing ceremony,but Im hoping they prove me wrong

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:03 am

[quote="Veejay"]
noleisthebest wrote:

I
They say Sydney was the best,I never saw it.Beijing was really impressive.That birds nest stadium is just incredible architecture !
I cant see us topping that especially after the shambles of the closing ceremony,but Im hoping they prove me wrong

It was good, cheap and best Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:03 am

Anyway, have a great Olympic time tomorrow Veejay. I'm off to :sleep:

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:48 am

noleisthebest wrote:Anyway, have a great Olympic time tomorrow Veejay. I'm off to :sleep:

Thanks NITB..will do :lol:

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:14 pm

How did you go with the torch watching today, Veejay?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:26 pm

noleisthebest wrote:How did you go with the torch watching today, Veejay?

Never saw it,I was still sleeping when it passed through Camden :x

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:29 pm

Veejay wrote:

VEE :shock: ! JAAAY :shock: !!!!

....just kiddin', you've done the right thing Winking

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:30 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Veejay wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-19001963

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:38 pm

Veejay wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
Veejay wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-19001963

Now, you know what I mean..... 8)

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:23 pm

wow3 wrote:
Veejay wrote:

him

Berdych lost in the first round again in straight sets to Steve Darcis
This is an even bigger shock then a few weeks ago as Gublis is a good grass court player

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down