Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Russia banned from all competitions for 4 years!
ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2019 7:41 pm by Tenez

» Some humour for this forum
ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2019 6:51 pm by naxroy

» Generation Worthless
ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 24, 2019 10:43 pm by BEL19VE

» World Tour Final - London 2019
ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 24, 2019 12:23 am by naxroy

» Will Nadal ever win a Tour Finals title?
ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 16, 2019 2:34 am by summerblues

» When cupcake draws can't save you
ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2019 10:16 pm by Daniel2

» General Election 2019: Advice
ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2019 7:01 pm by bogbrush

» Fall 2019 tournaments
ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2019 2:16 pm by legendkillar

» Has Rafa asked Fed to his nuptials, and would Fed go if asked?
ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2019 6:11 pm by barrystar

December 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
      1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031     

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum


ATP 1000: Rome

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Rome

Post by gallery play on Fri May 17, 2013 6:06 pm

Tenez wrote:

Yes the camera certainly can but Berdych shots were really hurting Djoko too.

Also amazing how even Ferrer has better shots than Nadal. Even when Nadal serves...he ends up retrieving v Ferrer.

Ferrer can win today.

Berd might not be very popular (definitly not here) but he's becoming spooky consistant. I won't rule him out for a slam win one day

About Ferrer's shot being better than Nadal's: that's absolutely true. Nadal has more power and hits saver, which usually makes the difference

gallery play

Posts : 2620
Join date : 2012-09-05

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Rome

Post by noleisthebest on Fri May 17, 2013 6:08 pm

Ferru's chance lies in the fact he had aw/o yesterday so fresh and Nadal's got to feel a bit heavier in the legs after 3 hours with Gulbis yesterday.
Keep rallying Daviiiiid tennisball

noleisthebest

Posts : 27760
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Rome

Post by gallery play on Fri May 17, 2013 6:11 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Ferru's chance lies in the fact he had aw/o yesterday so fresh and Nadal's got to feel a bit heavier in the legs after 3 hours with Gulbis yesterday.
Keep rallying Daviiiiid ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 273093567

That's something you just can't count on. Only in Rafa's cycling down period

gallery play

Posts : 2620
Join date : 2012-09-05

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Rome

Post by noleisthebest on Fri May 17, 2013 6:14 pm

gallery play wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:Ferru's chance lies in the fact he had aw/o yesterday so fresh and Nadal's got to feel a bit heavier in the legs after 3 hours with Gulbis yesterday.
Keep rallying Daviiiiid ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 273093567

That's something you just can't count on. Only in Rafa's cycling down period

In that case we are all doomed, he seems to be physically peaking Sad

noleisthebest

Posts : 27760
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Rome

Post by gallery play on Fri May 17, 2013 6:20 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
gallery play wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:Ferru's chance lies in the fact he had aw/o yesterday so fresh and Nadal's got to feel a bit heavier in the legs after 3 hours with Gulbis yesterday.
Keep rallying Daviiiiid ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 273093567

That's something you just can't count on. Only in Rafa's cycling down period

In that case we are all doomed, he seems to be physically peaking ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 1371890812

Did you expect anything different?
2 months ago he was limping in SA and made us believe he was not recovered yet from his career threatening injury...yeah right

gallery play

Posts : 2620
Join date : 2012-09-05

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Rome

Post by noleisthebest on Fri May 17, 2013 6:25 pm

gallery play wrote:
Did you expect anything different?
2 months ago he was limping in SA and made us believe he was not recovered yet from his career threatening injury...yeah right

Tbh, I didn't. But I still think he is more beatable than ever. Call me mad, but I think last night's Fed could do it on Sunday.

noleisthebest

Posts : 27760
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Rome

Post by noleisthebest on Fri May 17, 2013 6:29 pm

Although I can't stand all this grunting, the level of it is a very good indicator of where Nadal is energy-wise in a point.

noleisthebest

Posts : 27760
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Rome

Post by gallery play on Fri May 17, 2013 6:30 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
gallery play wrote:
Did you expect anything different?
2 months ago he was limping in SA and made us believe he was not recovered yet from his career threatening injury...yeah right

Tbh, I didn't. But I still think he is more beatable than ever. Call me mad, but I think last night's Fed could do it on Sunday.

Remember his drop of form in the second? That would have cost him the set against Nadal. And Fed in a final set against Nadal on clay? Forget about it.

gallery play

Posts : 2620
Join date : 2012-09-05

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Rome

Post by noleisthebest on Fri May 17, 2013 6:32 pm

gallery play wrote:
Remember his drop of form in the second? That would have cost him the set against Nadal. And Fed in a final set against Nadal on clay? Forget about it.

I think he'd relish the opportunity. He looks very fresh and quite strong. And sensational. I would like to believe that he believes, too.

For once, I wouldn't mind a Fedal final.

noleisthebest

Posts : 27760
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Rome

Post by gallery play on Fri May 17, 2013 6:33 pm

BTW: i want to make clear that i find Nadal's tennis very poor, even by his standard. But hardly anyone can live with his physical intensity

gallery play

Posts : 2620
Join date : 2012-09-05

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Rome

Post by noleisthebest on Fri May 17, 2013 6:33 pm

Yes, he is a complete beast. I just can't believe him. Where he draws that energy from is (not) a mystery Whistle

noleisthebest

Posts : 27760
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Rome

Post by gallery play on Fri May 17, 2013 6:34 pm

gallery play wrote:
Tenez wrote:
Ferrer can win today.

SHHHH!


(Nadal will bagel him now for sure)

ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 1198964535

gallery play

Posts : 2620
Join date : 2012-09-05

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Rome

Post by noleisthebest on Fri May 17, 2013 6:39 pm

You'd never think poor guy has a knee that is ready to give in any minute.... Laugh

noleisthebest

Posts : 27760
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Rome

Post by noleisthebest on Fri May 17, 2013 6:42 pm

Ferrer has really been stellar against Nadal in these last two matches, he has given everything he had Applause !

noleisthebest

Posts : 27760
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Rome

Post by Tenez on Fri May 17, 2013 6:53 pm

gallery play wrote:
gallery play wrote:
Tenez wrote:
Ferrer can win today.

SHHHH!


(Nadal will bagel him now for sure)

ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 1198964535

I know I know. I bear all responsibilities for Ferrer's loss.

ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 49141995ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 49141995ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 49141995ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 49141995ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 49141995ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 49141995 Nadal

Tenez

Posts : 20363
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Rome

Post by Tenez on Fri May 17, 2013 6:55 pm

gallery play wrote:BTW: i want to make clear that i find Nadal's tennis very poor, even by his standard. But hardly anyone can live with his physical intensity

It's true isn't it. Even Ferrer has the better shots.

Tenez

Posts : 20363
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Rome

Post by sphairistike on Fri May 17, 2013 7:26 pm

Why does Federer have the latest QF and later SF!? Why is it opposite to Madrid?! Are they doing it on purpose to give Nadal an advantage in the final again?? ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 49141995

sphairistike

Posts : 589
Join date : 2012-08-20

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Rome

Post by sphairistike on Fri May 17, 2013 7:27 pm

sphairistike wrote:Why does Federer have the latest QF and later SF!? Why is it opposite to Madrid?! Are they doing it on purpose to give Nadal an advantage in the final again?? ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 49141995

In other words, why is it always Nadal who has the earlier SF? ALWAYS!! ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 49141995

sphairistike

Posts : 589
Join date : 2012-08-20

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Rome

Post by Tenez on Fri May 17, 2013 9:25 pm

Starting the 1/4F at 10.40 is absurd! You almost wonder whether they don't do it on purpose to punish him for having quit IMG.

Tenez

Posts : 20363
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Rome

Post by sphairistike on Fri May 17, 2013 9:49 pm

So IMG also controls Rome masters? ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 563610107

I thought it was only Miami and another one. IW I understand the TD is a friend of Nadal's. Madrid is in Spain so I understand too. Rome, I don't!

sphairistike

Posts : 589
Join date : 2012-08-20

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Rome

Post by sphairistike on Fri May 17, 2013 9:49 pm

Federer seems he's gonna just let JJ win and get some rest...

sphairistike

Posts : 589
Join date : 2012-08-20

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Rome

Post by sphairistike on Fri May 17, 2013 9:54 pm

He almost got broken in his second service game, had a BP against him and a second serve on deuce, somehow he managed a couple of aces so far to survive that game... is it worth it though?

sphairistike

Posts : 589
Join date : 2012-08-20

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Rome

Post by gallery play on Fri May 17, 2013 10:00 pm

JJ reminds me of Cilic, especially the serve, JJ hits harder though, which makes him on his day more dangerous

gallery play

Posts : 2620
Join date : 2012-09-05

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Rome

Post by Tenez on Fri May 17, 2013 10:03 pm

sphairistike wrote:Federer seems he's gonna just let JJ win and get some rest...

Not sure, especially since he probably feels Nadal is there for the taking.

Tenez

Posts : 20363
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Rome

Post by Tenez on Fri May 17, 2013 10:06 pm

gallery play wrote:JJ reminds me of Cilic, especially the serve, JJ hits harder though, which makes him on his day more dangerous

Mhhh I think JJ is a bit less robotic, more erratic and as you said more powerfull than Cilic but I see some similarity too.

Tenez

Posts : 20363
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Rome

Post by Tenez on Fri May 17, 2013 10:08 pm

Amazing how close is Fed from that BL on JJ's serve....really old school returning.

Tenez

Posts : 20363
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Rome

Post by gallery play on Fri May 17, 2013 10:11 pm

Crazy fast serves from JJ, both first and second.

2 tiebreaks?

gallery play

Posts : 2620
Join date : 2012-09-05

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Rome

Post by gallery play on Fri May 17, 2013 10:12 pm

Tenez wrote:
sphairistike wrote:Federer seems he's gonna just let JJ win and get some rest...

Not sure, especially since he probably feels Nadal is there for the taking.

SSSHHH!

gallery play

Posts : 2620
Join date : 2012-09-05

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Rome

Post by Tenez on Fri May 17, 2013 10:13 pm

gallery play wrote:
Tenez wrote:
sphairistike wrote:Federer seems he's gonna just let JJ win and get some rest...

Not sure, especially since he probably feels Nadal is there for the taking.

SSSHHH!

ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 2786941968

Tenez

Posts : 20363
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Rome

Post by Tenez on Fri May 17, 2013 10:15 pm

gallery play wrote:Crazy fast serves from JJ, both first and second.

2 tiebreaks?

fed in 2...1 TB max.

Tenez

Posts : 20363
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Rome

Post by Tenez on Fri May 17, 2013 10:16 pm

Fed has still a t shirt underneath the nike one.

Tenez

Posts : 20363
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Rome

Post by Tenez on Fri May 17, 2013 10:18 pm

Tenez wrote:
gallery play wrote:Crazy fast serves from JJ, both first and second.

2 tiebreaks?

fed in 2...1 TB max.

Make that none! ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 1071211947

Tenez

Posts : 20363
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Rome

Post by gallery play on Fri May 17, 2013 10:21 pm

ouch

gallery play

Posts : 2620
Join date : 2012-09-05

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Rome

Post by gallery play on Fri May 17, 2013 10:22 pm

Tenez wrote:
Tenez wrote:
gallery play wrote:Crazy fast serves from JJ, both first and second.

2 tiebreaks?

fed in 2...1 TB max.

Make that none! ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 1071211947

fingers crossed, please no three set match. Not this late.

gallery play

Posts : 2620
Join date : 2012-09-05

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Rome

Post by gallery play on Fri May 17, 2013 10:25 pm

JJ would be a nightmare opponant for Rafa

gallery play

Posts : 2620
Join date : 2012-09-05

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Rome

Post by Tenez on Fri May 17, 2013 10:27 pm

This power is frightening. Imagine if it had consistency?

Tenez

Posts : 20363
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Rome

Post by sphairistike on Fri May 17, 2013 10:27 pm

Tenez wrote:Fed has still a t shirt underneath the nike one.

He had one vs. Simon too. I think he wears it in the evening/ at night, as it must be cooler...

sphairistike

Posts : 589
Join date : 2012-08-20

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Rome

Post by Tenez on Fri May 17, 2013 10:28 pm

gallery play wrote:JJ would be a nightmare opponant for Rafa

Yes...another Rosol....maybe a better version even.

Tenez

Posts : 20363
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Rome

Post by Tenez on Fri May 17, 2013 10:29 pm

sphairistike wrote:
Tenez wrote:Fed has still a t shirt underneath the nike one.

He had one vs. Simon too. I think he wears it in the evening/ at night, as it must be cooler...

Yes and he must hate playing at night.

Tenez

Posts : 20363
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Rome

Post by sphairistike on Fri May 17, 2013 10:29 pm

Tenez wrote:
Tenez wrote:
gallery play wrote:Crazy fast serves from JJ, both first and second.

2 tiebreaks?

fed in 2...1 TB max.

Make that none! ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 1071211947

Stop jinxing it please, Tenez!! ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 1198964535 He's already a break down in the second!! ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 49141995

sphairistike

Posts : 589
Join date : 2012-08-20

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Rome

Post by Tenez on Fri May 17, 2013 10:33 pm

gallery play wrote:JJ would be a nightmare opponant for Rafa

Nadal would never have time inject spin on his shots and that would give JJ some many easy balls to put away.

Tenez

Posts : 20363
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Rome

Post by Tenez on Fri May 17, 2013 10:34 pm

Sphair are you watching?at work?

Tenez

Posts : 20363
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Rome

Post by sphairistike on Fri May 17, 2013 10:44 pm

I'm watching on and off from watch ESPN. Still at work though. Seems Fed is cruising through most his service games, except the one he got broken Sad / smiley

sphairistike

Posts : 589
Join date : 2012-08-20

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Rome

Post by gallery play on Fri May 17, 2013 10:46 pm

The good part is: if Federer loses this match, he still will be pleased with his game this week.

gallery play

Posts : 2620
Join date : 2012-09-05

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Rome

Post by gallery play on Fri May 17, 2013 10:51 pm

com'on. third time lucky?

gallery play

Posts : 2620
Join date : 2012-09-05

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Rome

Post by gallery play on Fri May 17, 2013 10:52 pm

YES!

gallery play

Posts : 2620
Join date : 2012-09-05

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Rome

Post by gallery play on Fri May 17, 2013 10:54 pm

Fed's playing a canonball, he's playing better than the score suggests

gallery play

Posts : 2620
Join date : 2012-09-05

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Rome

Post by Tenez on Fri May 17, 2013 10:55 pm

Yes great break when it mattered. JJ was really nervous there.

Clearly the mental side is very important in such fast games.

Tenez

Posts : 20363
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Rome

Post by sphairistike on Fri May 17, 2013 10:55 pm

Yes, and I'm confident he'll win the TB if it gets there. All his service games have been easy in this second set except the one he got broken. He might break JJ to win the match though, I won't be the one complaining! Big Grin

sphairistike

Posts : 589
Join date : 2012-08-20

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Rome

Post by sphairistike on Fri May 17, 2013 10:57 pm

The yes was for GP's comment on Fed's game...

sphairistike

Posts : 589
Join date : 2012-08-20

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Rome - Page 5 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Rome

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum