Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Australian Open - 2020
ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 8 EmptyToday at 3:58 am by BEL19VE

» M Night Shyamalan
ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 11:58 pm by bogbrush

» Welcome to Our Tennis Forum
ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 8 EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 5:24 pm by Tenez

» ATP CUP 2020
ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 23, 2020 4:04 am by summerblues

» Who is in form this year?
ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 8 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2020 4:19 am by Tenez

» Predictions: How Many Slams Are They Going To End Up With?
ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 8 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2019 8:30 pm by BEL19VE

» Player of the decade or....NOLEISTHEBEST!
ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 8 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2019 2:50 am by summerblues

» General Election 2019: Advice
ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 8 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2019 8:39 am by bogbrush

» UK Elections 2019
ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2019 11:49 pm by Jahu

January 2020
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
  12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
2728293031  

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum


ATP 1000: Madrid

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 8 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by Tenez on Fri May 10, 2013 5:28 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:Ended with a bagel. Ferrer should volunteer to give the 4th place to Nadal, this would save him some face. 4th seed being humiliated with donuts at will? He should even consider retiring.

I think Nadal should retire as his dope-helped superhuman fitness is humiliating all other honest players and tennis fans.

Ferrer just totally ran out of energy at the end of second set. He fought with all his might and played his heart out. We can't blame him for the third set, maybe for a few wrong shot selections in the second.

Naahhh....it's in the mind! ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 8 2033450363

Tenez

Posts : 20396
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 8 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by noleisthebest on Fri May 10, 2013 5:30 pm

I think Nishi could give Nadal a good match, too, he has a good calm head on his shoulders and can run, too.
Unlike Nadal, he can also take the ball early!

noleisthebest

Posts : 27767
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 8 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by noleisthebest on Fri May 10, 2013 5:34 pm

Well, the main thing the crowd enjoyed the show, and the thick umpire finally got the message Nadal was trying to tell him during the entire first set...


noleisthebest

Posts : 27767
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 8 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by noleisthebest on Fri May 10, 2013 5:38 pm

This "Is it good for the show?" question Nadal kept asking the umpire in such a threatening manner got me thinking a bit.

He obviously has the green light from those running that same "show" to carry on like that, to demand to be allowed to break the rules so blatantly in public.

It's probably from them he learnt the phrase in the first place, his English being too basic to coin it himself. Or maybe he likes that song from the Queen, Show must go on.

I can't get over how scared umpires look when he goes to them like that.

What a mess.

noleisthebest

Posts : 27767
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 8 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by Tenez on Fri May 10, 2013 6:10 pm

Wel he is an athlete saying this is a show and not a proper sport.

I guess the referees should take into account that Nadal is better than Ferrer for the show so they might as well help him in the line calling too and only give Ferrer time warnings and point penalty.

Anyway the facts are clear not penalising a 45s time despite a time warning means the rule will never be applied.

I wonder what Julia Santamaria thinks about it....Like all Nadal fans I guess they want to destroy the evidence he is taking extra time.

Tenez

Posts : 20396
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 8 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by noleisthebest on Fri May 10, 2013 6:15 pm

What baffles me is how people don't want to see it, they are just not interested.

All they need is a win and that their guy's ball does not go out/or hits the net last in a point. What happens in between is irrelevant.
If the Hero takes his t-shirt off in the changeover, of course it's an added bonus in the Show.

Then, with that warm feeling in their hearts, they will switch to a different TV channel and watch Strictly Come Dancing or Big Brother and happily ride into sunset munching on a huge tub of popcorn ....


Last edited by noleisthebest on Fri May 10, 2013 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

noleisthebest

Posts : 27767
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 8 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by luvsports! on Fri May 10, 2013 6:25 pm

come on nishi!!!

luvsports!

Posts : 4718
Join date : 2012-09-28

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 8 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by Tenez on Fri May 10, 2013 6:48 pm

Nadal will crush Nishi or Andujar ...physically and mentally. Our only hope is between Murray and Stan.....maybe Tsonga on a good day.

Tenez

Posts : 20396
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 8 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by Tenez on Fri May 10, 2013 6:50 pm

Federer must have played terribly to lose against that Nishi.

Tenez

Posts : 20396
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 8 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by noleisthebest on Fri May 10, 2013 6:54 pm

Tenez wrote:Federer must have played terribly to lose against that Nishi.

I just read his interview, and he said something to that effect...and I was right about the wind!!!!

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2013/05/19/Madrid-Thursday-Federer-Reaction.aspx

noleisthebest

Posts : 27767
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 8 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by Tenez on Fri May 10, 2013 6:58 pm

“I was lacking control from the baseline, and that pretty much carried through from start to finish. I'm pretty disappointed with my play. I'm not sure how well Kei thought he played. I didn't think he had to play his very best either, which is even more disappointing.

When I read that yesterday I felt it was a bit bitter and condescending regarding Nishi...but seeing what I see today....I understand.

Tenez

Posts : 20396
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 8 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by noleisthebest on Fri May 10, 2013 7:05 pm

Nishi actually wasn't that bad yesterday. He was simple and efficient. I don't know how he is playing now, so can't comment.

....and that's him gone in straight sets, 6:4 7:5...I suppose it was a case of -I beat Federer so now I can retire- kind of thing for him.

Berd-Murray next.

noleisthebest

Posts : 27767
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 8 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by noleisthebest on Fri May 10, 2013 7:52 pm

Oh dear, Sky commentators doing a usual Murray mollycoddle...."is he willing to hit the ball" kind of comments headhurts

noleisthebest

Posts : 27767
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 8 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by Tenez on Fri May 10, 2013 7:52 pm

Well as Fed said it was mpre a case of Fed playing badly. ANd teh little I saw certainly confirmed that.

Tenez

Posts : 20396
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 8 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by noleisthebest on Fri May 10, 2013 8:36 pm

Murray is so unwatchable.

First set goes to Berd in the tie-break, and he's a break up in the second. Murray and clay....just don't go together well, all looks like hard work and punishment for him on it.

noleisthebest

Posts : 27767
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 8 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by noleisthebest on Fri May 10, 2013 11:33 pm

Murray Berd literally put me to sleep, just woke up!
Good to see Stan playing well diva ..and Leconte in the crowd smiley

noleisthebest

Posts : 27767
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 8 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by noleisthebest on Sat May 11, 2013 12:00 am

Great ,non-calculating tennis from both players, one set all Applause

noleisthebest

Posts : 27767
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 8 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by luvsports! on Sat May 11, 2013 12:01 am

tsonga saves a mp and now has a set point, which stan saves for 8-8 and now has another mp at 9-8! Come on stan! Tsonga saves another mp for 9-9. Set point tsonga 10-9 and tsonga takes it 11-9 Sad, final set.

luvsports!

Posts : 4718
Join date : 2012-09-28

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 8 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by noleisthebest on Sat May 11, 2013 12:06 am

Tsonga's explosive athleticism and stretches of confidence inspired play nicely contrasting Stan's no-nonsense full-on tennis.

Funny how Tsonga makes Stan look slow, and how Djokovic makes Tsonga look just the same.

Very difficult to call this one. Stan wants it badly and that's his only hope against the on-the-fly Tsonga. If he can survive and absorb Tsonga's surge in the next 10 mins, he could win this.

noleisthebest

Posts : 27767
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 8 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by summerblues on Sat May 11, 2013 1:23 am

Tenez wrote:I actually think that the odds for him to be 4th are higher than him staying 5th. Djoko can certainly stop him in Rome but it is a tall order. Whereas Ferrer is far from guaranteed reaching semi there.
Let's say:

  • odds of Rafa winning here: 90%
  • odds of Rafa winning Rome: 60%
  • odds of Ferrer making SF in Rome: 10% (i.e., odds of him not making SF: 90%)

So, odds of Rafa getting to #4 maybe around 0.9 x 0.6 x 0.9 = 0.486 = 48.6%, i.e., approximately 50%.

Now, I would say, all of the above odds are probably a bit too favorable for Rafa. That is, in reality I think he has less than 90% here, less than 60% in Rome, and Ferrer has better than 10% chance of SF in Rome. So, all in all, I would still say Rafa less than 50% to reach #4.

As far as Djoko in Rome goes, I would say Djoko is more likely than Rafa to go out early, but in a direct match between the two I would make Djoko the favorite, even with a bit of a margin (not crazy lopsided, but not close to 50/50 either - maybe 60/40 or 65/35 for Nole).

summerblues

Posts : 4921
Join date : 2012-05-19

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 8 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark on Sat May 11, 2013 4:21 am

Tenez wrote:Well as Fed said it was mpre a case of Fed playing badly. ANd teh little I saw certainly confirmed that.

I saw the whole match, and Fed just didn't give hiself any chance. He was too on-off between games and those off games were utilized well by nishikori. Nishinkori didn't even have to play any good, Fed was playing so bad during certain games. Fed in 1st set had 3 luv games all closed within 60 sec, then a terrible game and gets broken. His retunr was poor and he shanked off both wings.

A bit solid in the 2nd but only a bit. Still even that was good for a 6-1 set win. But again it was like the 1 st set in the decider and it cost him the match.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Posts : 3389
Join date : 2012-07-20

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 8 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark on Sat May 11, 2013 4:26 am

Power outage due to heavy rains last evening so couldn't see the last 3 QFs. Tsonga-Wawrinka must have been a good one. Murray's chance to make his first clay final looked brighter with Djokovic's early exit, but he just can't take it.

The most likely winner of this year's Madrid is Nadal. Only one that can beat him is Wawrinka and he too muct be having a perfect day. Berdy has no chance with his robotic game. Anduja, perhaps can have some donuts for dinner today.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Posts : 3389
Join date : 2012-07-20

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 8 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark on Sat May 11, 2013 4:31 am

summerblues wrote:
Tenez wrote:I actually think that the odds for him to be 4th are higher than him staying 5th. Djoko can certainly stop him in Rome but it is a tall order. Whereas Ferrer is far from guaranteed reaching semi there.
Let's say:

  • odds of Rafa winning here: 90%
  • odds of Rafa winning Rome: 60%
  • odds of Ferrer making SF in Rome: 10% (i.e., odds of him not making SF: 90%)

So, odds of Rafa getting to #4 maybe around 0.9 x 0.6 x 0.9 = 0.486 = 48.6%, i.e., approximately 50%.

Now, I would say, all of the above odds are probably a bit too favorable for Rafa. That is, in reality I think he has less than 90% here, less than 60% in Rome, and Ferrer has better than 10% chance of SF in Rome. So, all in all, I would still say Rafa less than 50% to reach #4.

As far as Djoko in Rome goes, I would say Djoko is more likely than Rafa to go out early, but in a direct match between the two I would make Djoko the favorite, even with a bit of a margin (not crazy lopsided, but not close to 50/50 either - maybe 60/40 or 65/35 for Nole).

I would rather have Nadal at #4 than have Ferrer unless Nadal gets Ferrer's in his Qtr, thats when it can balance it all out.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Posts : 3389
Join date : 2012-07-20

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 8 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark on Sat May 11, 2013 4:31 am

BTW where is Delpo? Injured?

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Posts : 3389
Join date : 2012-07-20

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 8 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by summerblues on Sat May 11, 2013 5:08 am

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:The most likely winner of this year's Madrid is Nadal. Only one that can beat him is Wawrinka and he too muct be having a perfect day. Berdy has no chance with his robotic game. Anduja, perhaps can have some donuts for dinner today.
That's pretty much how I see it too.

summerblues

Posts : 4921
Join date : 2012-05-19

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 8 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by summerblues on Sat May 11, 2013 5:12 am

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:I would rather have Nadal at #4 than have Ferrer unless Nadal gets Ferrer's in his Qtr, thats when it can balance it all out.
Yes, I think that would be all around better. Better for Rafa, but also more fair for the other three. Otherwise, someone may end up with a very easy half while someone else may have to play all the remaining three of the big four.

summerblues

Posts : 4921
Join date : 2012-05-19

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 8 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by summerblues on Sat May 11, 2013 5:15 am

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:BTW where is Delpo? Injured?
Virus. Hopefully nothing serious.

summerblues

Posts : 4921
Join date : 2012-05-19

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 8 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by Tenez on Sat May 11, 2013 8:44 am

summerblues wrote:


  • odds of Rafa winning here: 90%
  • odds of Rafa winning Rome: 60%
  • odds of Ferrer making SF in Rome: 10% (i.e., odds of him not making SF: 90%)


So, odds of Rafa getting to #4 maybe around 0.9 x 0.6 x 0.9 = 0.486 = 48.6%, i.e., approximately 50%.


Yes quite sound calculation but I would frankly see Nadal close to 100% to win Madrid.

So for me more like 95-99% x 60% x 90% = 51 - 53%

Tenez

Posts : 20396
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 8 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by Tenez on Sat May 11, 2013 8:50 am

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:The most likely winner of this year's Madrid is Nadal. Only one that can beat him is Wawrinka and he too muct be having a perfect day. Berdy has no chance with his robotic game. Anduja, perhaps can have some donuts for dinner today.

That's the way I see it too.

Tenez

Posts : 20396
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 8 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by Tenez on Sat May 11, 2013 9:06 am

summerblues wrote:
raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:I would rather have Nadal at #4 than have Ferrer unless Nadal gets Ferrer's in his Qtr, thats when it can balance it all out.
Yes, I think that would be all around better. Better for Rafa, but also more fair for the other three. Otherwise, someone may end up with a very easy half while someone else may have to play all the remaining three of the big four.

It's fairer problably but for Nadal and his gruelling style it's quite important to have 2 instead of 3 very tough final rounds.

I want him to have a max tough round. I think a good Fed coudl have a chance after a Nadal who has played Murray and Djoko successively.

Tenez

Posts : 20396
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 8 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by Tenez on Sat May 11, 2013 9:29 am

However, the exertions of his third-round win over Simon looked to take their toll on the Scot and he was unable to pull off another comeback victory.

From the BBC but that explains why Murray will struggle to win another slam.

And if talent is about making things look easy or win points easily, clearly Murray doesn't fit that category.

Tenez

Posts : 20396
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 8 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by noleisthebest on Sat May 11, 2013 9:48 am

Tenez wrote:
However, the exertions of his third-round win over Simon looked to take their toll on the Scot and he was unable to pull off another comeback victory.

From the BBC but that explains why Murray will struggle to win another slam.

And if talent is about making things look easy or win points easily, clearly Murray doesn't fit that category.
Spot on!

noleisthebest

Posts : 27767
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 8 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by paulcz on Sat May 11, 2013 12:03 pm

Just to congratulate David Ferrer for his a great effort with Nadal yesterday. David, don't give upATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 8 3157886161

paulcz

Posts : 1772
Join date : 2012-07-14

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 8 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by Tenez on Sat May 11, 2013 1:29 pm

Madrid schedule being terrible even if improved from last year.

Semi finals in a TMS shoudl be played in succession and not with 4 hours difference. The previous years they even had the second semi starting at 8pm instead of 7pm.

Start at 7pm means finish at 9.pm....meaning no sleep before 1am...not good before a final...

Tenez

Posts : 20396
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 8 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by Tenez on Sat May 11, 2013 2:35 pm


Tenez

Posts : 20396
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 8 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by noleisthebest on Sat May 11, 2013 3:01 pm

Tenez wrote:http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2013/416/mds.pdf

Rome draw.

Tough for Djoko again.

yes, look forward to the potential SF, though.

It seems that Italians don't fix draws for their players, either. Seppi playing Fognini in the first round.
I have a feeling Baghdatis is going to knock Dimitrov out in R1, too (if he is playing well, that is, haven't heard of him much lately).

Gulbis, Rosol and Berankis all playing qualies today. I hope they get through.

Just checked. Rosol thorugh, Gulbis on the weay of getting through. Berankis out in 3 sets Cry

noleisthebest

Posts : 27767
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 8 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by noleisthebest on Sat May 11, 2013 3:08 pm

And in Madrid, Nadal serving for the first set bagel. No, I don't think I want to watch that butchery....

noleisthebest

Posts : 27767
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 8 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by summerblues on Sat May 11, 2013 3:09 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:Anduja, perhaps can have some donuts for dinner today.
Good call.

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 8 3157886161

summerblues

Posts : 4921
Join date : 2012-05-19

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 8 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by sphairistike on Sat May 11, 2013 4:25 pm

Tough Rome draw for Stan The Man again! Why do they always give him Djoko so early?!

I like the draw fr Fed though. If Ferru can play as well as in Madrid and give Nadull a hard time and Djoko can play his game and get to the SF, Nadull Djoko in the SF could be interesting and tiring. Fed will have either a convalescent DelBoy or Murray in the SF so the toughest round for him will be the QF vs. Tsonga whose level on clay has improved a lot the last couple of year where he held 4 MPs vs. Djoko at the French and where he almost came back vs. Stan in Madrid despite not being at his best physically it seems...

I'm hopeful for a Fed win if e dusted off all the rust. Then with Tsonga still not at his best, DelPo neither, he could get to the final unharmed and meet a harmed Djoko or Nadull to win it! Cheers

sphairistike

Posts : 589
Join date : 2012-08-20

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 8 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by Tenez on Sat May 11, 2013 5:24 pm

sphairistike wrote:Tough Rome draw for Stan The Man again! Why do they always give him Djoko so early?!

I like the draw fr Fed though. If Ferru can play as well as in Madrid and give Nadull a hard time and Djoko can play his game and get to the SF, Nadull Djoko in the SF could be interesting and tiring. Fed will have either a convalescent DelBoy or Murray in the SF so the toughest round for him will be the QF vs. Tsonga whose level on clay has improved a lot the last couple of year where he held 4 MPs vs. Djoko at the French and where he almost came back vs. Stan in Madrid despite not being at his best physically it seems...

Yes that would be the ideal scenario for the FO as well...If ever Federer believes he is fit enough to win it.

Tenez

Posts : 20396
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 8 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by noleisthebest on Sat May 11, 2013 6:26 pm

Berd-Stan starting Somersault

noleisthebest

Posts : 27767
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 8 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by noleisthebest on Sat May 11, 2013 6:56 pm

Stan bags the first set. Time to start watching, zero grinding guaranteed diva

I expect three sets here.

noleisthebest

Posts : 27767
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 8 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by noleisthebest on Sat May 11, 2013 7:01 pm

Who is this idiot with australian accent blabbing rubbish non-stop on sky?

noleisthebest

Posts : 27767
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 8 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by noleisthebest on Sat May 11, 2013 7:03 pm

Stan looks a little tired, it's not easy to cope with/absorb Berd's power.

and Stan proves me wrong straight away! leaps out of his chair, skips and hops to the basline bouncing up and down, fresh as a daisy
.....or could that be his anti-cramping tactics.... Winking

noleisthebest

Posts : 27767
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 8 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by noleisthebest on Sat May 11, 2013 7:26 pm

On a side note, Berd's bird looks so pretty with that red lipstick smiley

So, we have a third set now. Let's see if Stan's ready to turn the corner.

noleisthebest

Posts : 27767
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 8 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by Tenez on Sat May 11, 2013 7:27 pm

Stan threw that 2nd set away...and that is what I find strange with him....He is in fact so much better than Berds.

Tenez

Posts : 20396
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 8 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by paulcz on Sat May 11, 2013 7:33 pm

Stan hangs on with Berd due to his better first serve. Berd's FH pushes Stan on court permanently.

paulcz

Posts : 1772
Join date : 2012-07-14

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 8 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by noleisthebest on Sat May 11, 2013 7:34 pm

Tenez wrote:Stan threw that 2nd set away...and that is what I find strange with him....He is in fact so much better than Berds.

The difference between the two, Berd lands the serve in and moves forward, Stan lands the serve in and chooses to stay on the base-line. That's what I find strange with him.

noleisthebest

Posts : 27767
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 8 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by noleisthebest on Sat May 11, 2013 7:36 pm

Crowd being so sweet&lovely today, I wonder why Whistle

noleisthebest

Posts : 27767
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 8 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by paulcz on Sat May 11, 2013 7:37 pm

noleisthebest wrote:On a side note, Berd's bird looks so pretty with that red lipstick smiley

So, we have a third set now. Let's see if Stan's ready to turn the corner.

Berd's bird looks too birdish, I did not even recognise her at the beginning Big Grin

paulcz

Posts : 1772
Join date : 2012-07-14

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 8 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum