Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» What now for Roger?
ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 4:37 pm by Jahu

» Slam chase
ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2019 11:31 pm by Tenez

» Generation Worthless
ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2019 2:08 pm by mcekovic

» Wimbledon Day 13, Sunday 14th July
ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2019 7:03 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» Wimbledon seeding is disrespectful, says Rafael Nadal
ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2019 1:15 pm by barrystar

» Women final
ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 13, 2019 4:54 pm by bogbrush

» Wimbledon Day 11, Friday 12th July
ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 13, 2019 12:10 pm by paulcz

» Wimbledon Day 9, Wednesday 10th July
ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2019 9:21 pm by Tenez

» Wimbledon Day 10, Thursday 11th July
ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2019 4:19 pm by Jahu

July 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031    

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum


ATP 1000: Madrid

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by Tenez on Tue May 07, 2013 10:20 pm

gallery play wrote:I think Dimtrov is the best thing happening to tennis right now

That's getting your neck out! Winking

Tenez

Posts : 20193
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by noleisthebest on Tue May 07, 2013 10:21 pm

Well, that's it for Nole in Madrid. He didn't lose that many points, I suppose.

Happy for Dimitrov, he won it fair and square.

As for the Spanish crowd, well...I suppose I should've not been surprised. The land of Fuentes, Contador, Nadal and 200 other dopers from the list, Julia Santamria, Juan Antonio Samaran...


Last edited by noleisthebest on Tue May 07, 2013 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

noleisthebest

Posts : 27759
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by Tenez on Tue May 07, 2013 10:21 pm

gallery play wrote:Defining moment anyone?

Yes ....for Nadal! Winking

Tenez

Posts : 20193
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by gallery play on Tue May 07, 2013 10:23 pm

Tenez wrote:
gallery play wrote:I think Dimtrov is the best thing happening to tennis right now

That's getting your neck out! ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 1071211947

I could have mentioned Tommy Haas too ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 1071211947

gallery play

Posts : 2620
Join date : 2012-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by Tenez on Tue May 07, 2013 10:23 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Well, that's it for Nole in Madrid. He didn't lose that many points, I suppose.

Happy for Dimitrov, he won it fair and square.

As for the Spanish crowd, well...I suppose I should've not been surprised. The land of Fuentes, Contador, Nadal and 200 other dopers from the list, Julia Santamria, Juan Antonio Samaran...

Do you think it's because they like Dimi's game or more related to Djoko beating Nadal. A bit of both in my view.

Tenez

Posts : 20193
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by gallery play on Tue May 07, 2013 10:25 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Well, that's it for Nole in Madrid. He didn't lose that many points, I suppose.

Happy for Dimitrov, he won it fair and square.

As for the Spanish crowd, well...I suppose I should've not been surprised. The land of Fuentes, Contador, Nadal and 200 other dopers from the list, Julia Santamria, Juan Antonio Samaran...

It always has been terrible in Madrid. Remember Nadal - Berydch 2006?

gallery play

Posts : 2620
Join date : 2012-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by Tenez on Tue May 07, 2013 10:25 pm

gallery play wrote:
Tenez wrote:
gallery play wrote:I think Dimtrov is the best thing happening to tennis right now

That's getting your neck out! ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 1071211947

I could have mentioned Tommy Haas too ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 1071211947

Fair enough! ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 2033450363

But yes I agree that it was a defining moment cause those kind of more agreesive players like Dimi with confidence can be very difficult to stop.

As I said he won;t take 2 years before he beats them regularly. 12months....max.

Tenez

Posts : 20193
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by Tenez on Tue May 07, 2013 10:26 pm

gallery play wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:Well, that's it for Nole in Madrid. He didn't lose that many points, I suppose.

Happy for Dimitrov, he won it fair and square.

As for the Spanish crowd, well...I suppose I should've not been surprised. The land of Fuentes, Contador, Nadal and 200 other dopers from the list, Julia Santamria, Juan Antonio Samaran...

It always has been terrible in Madrid. Remember Nadal - Berydch 2006?

Nadal Ljubo final was the worst. Ljubo was 2 sets up....until the roof flew off.

Tenez

Posts : 20193
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by gallery play on Tue May 07, 2013 10:28 pm

Tenez wrote:
gallery play wrote:Defining moment anyone?

Yes ....for Nadal! ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 1071211947

Nadal is beatable in Madrid. But frankly i don't care, someone needs to beat him at RG!

gallery play

Posts : 2620
Join date : 2012-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by gallery play on Tue May 07, 2013 10:30 pm

Tenez wrote:
gallery play wrote:
Tenez wrote:
gallery play wrote:I think Dimtrov is the best thing happening to tennis right now

That's getting your neck out! ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 1071211947

I could have mentioned Tommy Haas too ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 1071211947

Fair enough! ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 2033450363

But yes I agree that it was a defining moment cause those kind of more agreesive players like Dimi with confidence can be very difficult to stop.

As I said he won;t take 2 years before he beats them regularly. 12months....max.

You have the vision, but you're a little impatient ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 1071211947

gallery play

Posts : 2620
Join date : 2012-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by noleisthebest on Tue May 07, 2013 10:30 pm

I don't know why, but I am still not convinced about Dimitrov number one future.

He is an interesting player with the great hunger for the game, I suppose good material that needs a bit of honing, his game is a bit wild and untidy at the moment.

To me, he is more top 10 material.

I prefer Paire's game to Dimitrov's and think he is a more talented player.


noleisthebest

Posts : 27759
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by noleisthebest on Tue May 07, 2013 10:32 pm

gallery play wrote:

It always has been terrible in Madrid. Remember Nadal - Berydch 2006?

You're right! Glad Berd stuck it to them! They are such gutless cowards....

noleisthebest

Posts : 27759
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by noleisthebest on Tue May 07, 2013 10:35 pm

And it is exciting to have this crop of younger players ALL playing attacking tennis: Dimitrov, Paire, Berankis, Raonic, I suppose you can still fit Dolgo in there somewhere, he "looks" young with that ponytail Winking , even poor Tomic started blasting that FH of his, until his nutcase dad got in the way....

It is a breath of fresh air and very promising despite none of them winning much.

noleisthebest

Posts : 27759
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by sphairistike on Tue May 07, 2013 10:37 pm

I guess GP you owe Grigor and me some apology! Dimi won!! tongueout

sphairistike

Posts : 585
Join date : 2012-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by gallery play on Tue May 07, 2013 10:37 pm

noleisthebest wrote:I don't know why, but I am still not convinced about Dimitrov number one future.

He is an interesting player with the great hunger for the game, I suppose good material that needs a bit of honing, his game is a bit wild and untidy at the moment.

To me, he is more top 10 material.

I prefer Paire's game to Dimitrov's and think he is a more talented player.


The thing is: he was a prodigy at 16, almost equal to Federer actually. And he's only 22. Great things can happen from here on.

gallery play

Posts : 2620
Join date : 2012-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by gallery play on Tue May 07, 2013 10:38 pm

sphairistike wrote:I guess GP you owe Grigor and me some apology! Dimi won!! ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 3763815904

I have great jinxing skills, didn't you know that?
ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 1071211947

gallery play

Posts : 2620
Join date : 2012-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by Tenez on Tue May 07, 2013 10:39 pm

gallery play wrote:You have the vision, but you're a little impatient ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 1071211947

2013ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Indian Wells
CA, U.S.A.
HardR32Djokovic, Novak
7-6(4), 6-1 Stats
2012ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Shanghai
Shanghai, China
HardR32Djokovic, Novak
6-3, 6-2 Stats



Look SHanghai was just 6 or 7 months ago....IW just weeks ago.

Tenez

Posts : 20193
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by noleisthebest on Tue May 07, 2013 10:40 pm

gallery play wrote:

The thing is: he was a prodigy at 16, almost equal to Federer actually. And he's only 22. Great things can happen from here on.

I don't think Dimi is a prodigy. At least I don't use that word lightly. So far I have seen only a few in my lifetime: Maradona, Komanechi, Federer, Jordan.

But Dimi surely looks interesting. That's the best I can describe him, he seems to have just started.
Part of the problem is that he has been compared to Federer and he really has nothing to do with him.

noleisthebest

Posts : 27759
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by gallery play on Tue May 07, 2013 10:43 pm

Tenez wrote:
gallery play wrote:You have the vision, but you're a little impatient ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 1071211947

2013ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Indian Wells
CA, U.S.A.
HardR32Djokovic, Novak
7-6(4), 6-1 Stats
2012ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Shanghai
Shanghai, China
HardR32Djokovic, Novak
6-3, 6-2 Stats



Look SHanghai was just 6 or 7 months ago....IW just weeks ago.

First he needs to beat the roadrunners in best of 5 matches. Then we're talking. At 24 he will though

gallery play

Posts : 2620
Join date : 2012-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by noleisthebest on Tue May 07, 2013 10:44 pm

I have been trying to put a brave face for so long, but I can't do it any more
Noleeeeeeeeeeee Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah

noleisthebest

Posts : 27759
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by noleisthebest on Tue May 07, 2013 10:46 pm

Maybe it's not so bad he lost here. This should sharpen his hunger for RG even more.
I feel better now! smiley


Last edited by noleisthebest on Tue May 07, 2013 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

noleisthebest

Posts : 27759
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by Tenez on Tue May 07, 2013 10:46 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
gallery play wrote:

The thing is: he was a prodigy at 16, almost equal to Federer actually. And he's only 22. Great things can happen from here on.

I don't think Dimi is a prodigy. At least I don't use that word lightly. So far I have seen only a few in my lifetime: Maradona, Komanechi, Federer, Jordan.

But Dimi surely looks interesting. That's the best I can describe him, he seems to have just started.
Part of the problem is that he has been compared to Federer and he really has nothing to do with him.

To me he is a modern time Federer without that amazing timing and footwork....though timing will improve.

Today I was impressed by his returning skills. Did not pull return winners but brought many serves back and quite deep.

His BH is certainly not a weapon but certainly consistent enough to rally with the DHBHs and that is a huge sign of talent and strength.

I agree that he covers too much ground and should go for more, and shorter rallies but for that he would need a flatter BH and like Fed take the ball earlier.

Tenez

Posts : 20193
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by Tenez on Tue May 07, 2013 10:48 pm

noleisthebest wrote:I have been trying to put a brave face for so long, but I can't do it any more
Noleeeeeeeeeeee ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 3391208243 ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 3391208243 ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 3391208243 ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 3391208243 ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 3391208243 ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 3391208243 ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 3391208243 ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 3391208243 ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 3391208243 ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 3391208243 ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 3391208243 ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 3391208243

Yes that brings a strange taste for the rest of the tournament for you, isn't it?

Well you still have Praire....and an early Nadal loss coudl be fun.

Tenez

Posts : 20193
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by gallery play on Tue May 07, 2013 10:49 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
gallery play wrote:

The thing is: he was a prodigy at 16, almost equal to Federer actually. And he's only 22. Great things can happen from here on.

I don't think Dimi is a prodigy. At least I don't use that word lightly. So far I have seen only a few in my lifetime: Maradona, Komanechi, Federer, Jordan.

But Dimi surely looks interesting. That's the best I can describe him, he seems to have just started.
Part of the problem is that he has been compared to Federer and he really has nothing to do with him.

With prodigy i meant: a promise or a 'wonderchild'. Gasquet was one too, but things work out different than expected.

I miss one on your list:
Ronny o'Sullivan!!

gallery play

Posts : 2620
Join date : 2012-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by noleisthebest on Tue May 07, 2013 10:52 pm

Tenez wrote:

To me he is a modern time Federer without that amazing timing and footwork....though timing will improve.

Today I was impressed by his returning skills. Did not pull return winners but brought many serves back and quite deep.

His BH is certainly not a weapon but certainly consistent enough to rally with the DHBHs and that is a huge sign of talent and strength.

I agree that he covers too much ground and should go for more, and shorter rallies but for that he would need a flatter BH and like Fed take the ball earlier.

Yes, the footwork is the main and major difference that keeps it all together for Federer. And that's a huge difference. Dimi used to move much lighter and better a few years ago, though, but yes, without top-notch footwork it will be hard for him as he is not a natural beep-beep.
That's why I call him interesting, he is a wannabe Federer, but like I said the other day, beggars can't be chosers, and it will be exciting to see where his hunger for game takes him, he can really turn out to be something, but is quite unpolished at the moment, a bit all over the place.
He is not up there with the ball-striking either, I mean he is good, but not special like media are trying to pump him up.




noleisthebest

Posts : 27759
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by noleisthebest on Tue May 07, 2013 10:56 pm

Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:I have been trying to put a brave face for so long, but I can't do it any more
Noleeeeeeeeeeee ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 3391208243 ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 3391208243 ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 3391208243 ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 3391208243 ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 3391208243 ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 3391208243 ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 3391208243 ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 3391208243 ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 3391208243 ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 3391208243 ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 3391208243 ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 3391208243

Yes that brings a strange taste for the rest of the tournament for you, isn't it?

Well you still have Praire....and an early Nadal loss coudl be fun.

Actually, it doesn't.
I mean this was a bad loss in terms of an early exit, he had a hot player in the first match and lost. Was very upset with the crowd, though and that's what upset me more than anything.
I cannot stand Nadal, but would NEVER boo him or any other player. To me that is an unthinkable act and something that I can't prepare myself against, it always shocks me.

I'l be cheering for Paire, Fed, Grigor, Stan, Youzhny....there are a lot of good players left in the draw and good matches ahead.

noleisthebest

Posts : 27759
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by Tenez on Tue May 07, 2013 10:58 pm

gallery play wrote:

I miss one on your list:
Ronny o'Sullivan!!

You saw that? THat was amazing! He is a kind of Federer playing in an amateur sport. Well Federer with a screwed head. But so fun to watch...a pain to listen to though I quite like him.

Tenez

Posts : 20193
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by noleisthebest on Tue May 07, 2013 10:59 pm

gallery play wrote:
With prodigy i meant: a promise or a 'wonderchild'. Gasquet was one too, but things work out different than expected.

I miss one on your list:
Ronny o'Sullivan!!

Yes and I suppose Bobby Fisher, but I don't value snooker that highly in terms of skill and demand compared to other sport.

noleisthebest

Posts : 27759
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by Tenez on Tue May 07, 2013 11:03 pm

noleisthebest wrote:as he is not a natural beep-beep.

I don't think there is such a thing nowadays. Winking Ferrer maybe?


That's why I call him interesting, he is a wannabe Federer, but like I said the other day, beggars can't be chosers, and it will be exciting to see where his hunger for game takes him, he can really turn out to be something, but is quite unpolished at the moment, a bit all over the place.
He is not up there with the ball-striking either, I mean he is good, but not special like media are trying to pump him up.

I think he is a good ball striker but he chooses to go percentage shots...like Fed and everybody else did after 2007.

Tenez

Posts : 20193
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by noleisthebest on Tue May 07, 2013 11:03 pm

How glorious is this, it gives me goosebumps every time I see it love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi_5xbd5xdE

noleisthebest

Posts : 27759
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by noleisthebest on Tue May 07, 2013 11:12 pm

Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:as he is not a natural beep-beep.

I don't think there is such a thing nowadays. Winking Ferrer maybe?


That's why I call him interesting, he is a wannabe Federer, but like I said the other day, beggars can't be chosers, and it will be exciting to see where his hunger for game takes him, he can really turn out to be something, but is quite unpolished at the moment, a bit all over the place.
He is not up there with the ball-striking either, I mean he is good, but not special like media are trying to pump him up.

I think he is a good ball striker but he chooses to go percentage shots...like Fed and everybody else did after 2007.

To me that is grey area. Why would he choose to go for percentage tennis? If you've got it in you, you can't help yourself going for the ball early and attacking full on, like they all do. That's where I think his game is not pure and needs sorting out.
Even like it is now, it can bring him results, like Murray, but he does seem to have a natural attacking streak and it must be released. Maybe that's what his new team is working on. I hope they are.
I don't remember how he played on fast hard courts, but will pay attention next time.

noleisthebest

Posts : 27759
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by gallery play on Tue May 07, 2013 11:27 pm

Tenez wrote:
gallery play wrote:

I miss one on your list:
Ronny o'Sullivan!!

You saw that? THat was amazing! He is a kind of Federer playing in an amateur sport. Well Federer with a screwed head. But so fun to watch...a pain to listen to though I quite like him.

Yeah, i watched quite a lot of it. Ronny is a true genius. And crazy as can be, like a genius should. Unless you're Federer

"Snooker is just not working for me"
ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 2033450363

That lunatic!

gallery play

Posts : 2620
Join date : 2012-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by Tenez on Tue May 07, 2013 11:54 pm

noleisthebest wrote:To me that is grey area. Why would he choose to go for percentage tennis? If you've got it in you, you can't help yourself going for the ball early and attacking full on, like they all do. That's where I think his game is not pure and needs sorting out.
Even like it is now, it can bring him results, like Murray, but he does seem to have a natural attacking streak and it must be released. Maybe that's what his new team is working on. I hope they are.
I don't remember how he played on fast hard courts, but will pay attention next time.

Really? Like they all do? Bar Rosol and Praire...who has no choice...who does? Slow conditions do not reward the attackers.

We cannot compare Dimi to Murray or Djoko or Nadal when it comes to running everything down.

Tenez

Posts : 20193
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by noleisthebest on Tue May 07, 2013 11:58 pm

Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:To me that is grey area. Why would he choose to go for percentage tennis? If you've got it in you, you can't help yourself going for the ball early and attacking full on, like they all do. That's where I think his game is not pure and needs sorting out.
Even like it is now, it can bring him results, like Murray, but he does seem to have a natural attacking streak and it must be released. Maybe that's what his new team is working on. I hope they are.
I don't remember how he played on fast hard courts, but will pay attention next time.

Really? Like they all do? Bar Rosol and Praire...who has no choice...who does? Slow conditions do not reward the attackers.

We cannot compare Dimi to Murray or Djoko or Nadal when it comes to running everything down.

Why do you have to read evil into everything I say?
I meant all the players who have the talent to do it, of course.

noleisthebest

Posts : 27759
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by summerblues on Wed May 08, 2013 1:42 am

Tenez wrote:SB Can you watch some of it at work or do you record the matches?
I have a TennisTV subscription, so I can watch replay of the matches there after I get home from work. Plus, here in the US, some of the tournaments (including this one) are also available for free on espn3 (internet streaming provided by the espn sports cable network). That is actually one of the advantages of tennis not being too popular here - I am sure if it were a big ticket sport, espn3 would not be streaming it so willingly. Espn3 also allows to watch the matches later (usually even a few weeks later). That works perfect for me because I do not have a TV, so it is much preferable for me if the tournament is available via internet instead of TV.

Today, I was planning to maybe watch a replay of Tommy's match, assuming he did well against Seppi. Well, he did do well, but I have an inkling that I am going to be watching a replay of a different match instead Winking

summerblues

Posts : 4706
Join date : 2012-05-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by summerblues on Wed May 08, 2013 1:43 am

summerblues wrote:Good Luck Roger, Grisha, Tommy and Stan
Sweeeeet.

summerblues

Posts : 4706
Join date : 2012-05-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by summerblues on Wed May 08, 2013 1:48 am

noleisthebest wrote:Paire, Wawrinka, Youzhny, Troicki, Traver, Giraldo, Monaco through.

Gasquet, Tipsarevic, Fognini, Seppi out
Oh dear. This is so wrong. Clearly it should have been "Haas through".

summerblues

Posts : 4706
Join date : 2012-05-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by summerblues on Wed May 08, 2013 2:01 am

Amazing result. Dimi has been sort of knocking on the door since early this spring. He has now showed repeatedly that he can compete with Nole, Andy and Rafa, but today he finally crossed the finish line.

Also happy for the way he won - almost better than if it had been in straight sets. He has shown that he is willing to toughen it out even when it does not come easy - he could have collapsed after that second set heartbreak but he did not.

Lendl said earlier this year:

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2013/03/lendl-fit-dimitrov-could-be-world-no-1/46924/#.UYmiD4zD-70

If you train for five-hour matches, it gives you a lot of confidence. Take Grigor Dimitrov,
who has played some great tennis against Andy and against Novak Djokovic this year,
that guy comes out so hot, but we know, and so does Novak, he can’t sustain it.
If he could he would be No. 1 in the world.
Grigor needs to show he can last, and that will both give him extra confidence and will take an option away from players like Nole and Rafa who would otherwise just try to outlast him.

I so hope Dimi further builds on this. Out of the youngsters, he is the only one I can really get behind emotionally. I can root for the other ones too, but it is mostly because I just want someone - anyone - to start breaking through. But in Dimi's case, I am actually really rooting for him.

summerblues

Posts : 4706
Join date : 2012-05-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark on Wed May 08, 2013 6:08 am

gallery play wrote:
Tenez wrote:
gallery play wrote:Defining moment anyone?

Yes ....for Nadal! ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 1071211947

Nadal is beatable in Madrid. But frankly i don't care, someone needs to beat him at RG!

Absolutely right. These Masters wins/loss mean nothing unless someone can beat him at RG. He may be beatable on clay, but can he be beaten at RG?

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Posts : 3323
Join date : 2012-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark on Wed May 08, 2013 6:11 am

summerblues wrote:Amazing result. Dimi has been sort of knocking on the door since early this spring. He has now showed repeatedly that he can compete with Nole, Andy and Rafa, but today he finally crossed the finish line.

Also happy for the way he won - almost better than if it had been in straight sets. He has shown that he is willing to toughen it out even when it does not come easy - he could have collapsed after that second set heartbreak but he did not.

Lendl said earlier this year:

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2013/03/lendl-fit-dimitrov-could-be-world-no-1/46924/#.UYmiD4zD-70

If you train for five-hour matches, it gives you a lot of confidence. Take Grigor Dimitrov,
who has played some great tennis against Andy and against Novak Djokovic this year,
that guy comes out so hot, but we know, and so does Novak, he can’t sustain it.
If he could he would be No. 1 in the world.
Grigor needs to show he can last, and that will both give him extra confidence and will take an option away from players like Nole and Rafa who would otherwise just try to outlast him.

I so hope Dimi further builds on this. Out of the youngsters, he is the only one I can really get behind emotionally. I can root for the other ones too, but it is mostly because I just want someone - anyone - to start breaking through. But in Dimi's case, I am actually really rooting for him.

Good honest post sb, and I do share those sentiments. A lot of young players lose because of their inability to stay for long enough in a match. Its not such a skill that can't be acquired, and I'm glad there are many who are showing how to do it. The "freak of nature" is an extinct phrase now.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Posts : 3323
Join date : 2012-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by Tenez on Wed May 08, 2013 9:04 am

summerblues wrote:Today, I was planning to maybe watch a replay of Tommy's match, assuming he did well against Seppi. Well, he did do well, but I have an inkling that I am going to be watching a replay of a different match instead ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 1071211947

Rao Verdasco of course. ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 1071211947

Tenez

Posts : 20193
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by Tenez on Wed May 08, 2013 9:12 am

summerblues wrote:Lendl said earlier this year:

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2013/03/lendl-fit-dimitrov-could-be-world-no-1/46924/#.UYmiD4zD-70

If you train for five-hour matches, it gives you a lot of confidence. Take Grigor Dimitrov,
who has played some great tennis against Andy and against Novak Djokovic this year,
that guy comes out so hot, but we know, and so does Novak, he can’t sustain it.
If he could he would be No. 1 in the world.
Grigor needs to show he can last, and that will both give him extra confidence and will take an option away from players like Nole and Rafa who would otherwise just try to outlast him.

I so hope Dimi further builds on this. Out of the youngsters, he is the only one I can really get behind emotionally. I can root for the other ones too, but it is mostly because I just want someone - anyone - to start breaking through. But in Dimi's case, I am actually really rooting for him.

Yes Lendl stays out of tennis for 2 decades almost comes back and sees it exactly like it is. He knows more than anybody that tennis is about fitness first. When fitness is roughly similar, then skills can make the difference.

Though I like Dimi, I regret that he is not more attacking....but on clay clearly he has no choice but slug it out....however there was no reason to do more ground covering than Djoko!!!

The thing about djoko is though he does not hit the ball too hard he always manages to force the running to his opponent....even when he is 3m outside the trameline. ....bloody strings, he woudl have been unable to do that with nat guts!

Tenez

Posts : 20193
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by Tenez on Wed May 08, 2013 9:29 am

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:
gallery play wrote:
Tenez wrote:
gallery play wrote:Defining moment anyone?

Yes ....for Nadal! ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 1071211947

Nadal is beatable in Madrid. But frankly i don't care, someone needs to beat him at RG!

Absolutely right. These Masters wins/loss mean nothing unless someone can beat him at RG. He may be beatable on clay, but can he be beaten at RG?

I think he woudl have been beaten again last year had the rain not saved him. Djoko started slowly but over the distance, 5 sets, it was just a question of time before he sucked the energy out of Nadal. But when Nadal tires, he is a step slower, his shots fall shorter and less spiny meaning the goal posts become wider, the opponent confidence shoots up and everything becomes even tougher for Nadal. For Nadal it is very deceptive cause he has always showed huge stamina and fitness but his type of game means he can suddenly hit the wall...more so if they apply the 25s at slams too.

Miami 05, Wimbledon 07, even against Coria in Rome or MC ? showed a Nadal hitting the wall....if it was not for Coria choking from 5/1 in the 5th or something like that.

Tenez

Posts : 20193
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by noleisthebest on Wed May 08, 2013 11:47 am

JJ Berdych out playing, JJ a set up.

Troicki cooking Nishikori, go Vik!

noleisthebest

Posts : 27759
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by noleisthebest on Wed May 08, 2013 11:49 am

Tenez wrote: Nadal Ljubo final was the worst. Ljubo was 2 sets up....until the roof flew off.

I don't remember that. What happened?

noleisthebest

Posts : 27759
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by Tenez on Wed May 08, 2013 11:58 am

noleisthebest wrote:
Tenez wrote: Nadal Ljubo final was the worst. Ljubo was 2 sets up....until the roof flew off.

I don't remember that. What happened?

Ljubo was 2 sets up and a break up in tyhe 3rd (Madrid HC) and the crowd started to "cheer". It's normal to cheer but then it was simply crazy....south america DC atmosphere sounded like quiet lake in comparison.

Tenez

Posts : 20193
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by Tenez on Wed May 08, 2013 12:07 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9FVPmbOb5M

Actually he was not a break up in the 3rd but amazing tennis for 2 sets...Nadal runs for ever but it's ljubo who gets tired. Amazing.

What the first 2 sets beautiful tennis from Ljubo!

Tenez

Posts : 20193
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by noleisthebest on Wed May 08, 2013 12:10 pm

Tenez wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9FVPmbOb5M

Actually he was not a break up in the 3rd but amazing tennis for 2 sets...Nadal runs for ever but it's ljubo who gets tired. Amazing.

What the first 2 sets beautiful tennis from Ljubo!

Thanks T.
I have always liked Ljubo who liked base line just a bit too much for a guy with his kind of serve, Dodig is a bit like him in terms of all-roundness and being rock-solid. Wrong era, though.

Nadal looks so pumped in that match, he must have been on some serious dope to be hitting forehand like that in the 5th set, and yes it was in 2005 when doping was legal in Spain...and how old was he then, 18?

What do you think about Nadal playing Fed in the semi in Madrid?

noleisthebest

Posts : 27759
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by luvsports! on Wed May 08, 2013 12:41 pm

This is the best clay court for feds to try and beat rafa, don't think it will happen but he has a better shot here than in rome or RG.

luvsports!

Posts : 4681
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by noleisthebest on Wed May 08, 2013 12:44 pm

Nishikori and Berdych thorugh.

noleisthebest

Posts : 27759
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Madrid  - Page 4 Empty Re: ATP 1000: Madrid

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum