Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
federer - FEDERER FANPAGE - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
federer - FEDERER FANPAGE - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
federer - FEDERER FANPAGE - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
federer - FEDERER FANPAGE - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
federer - FEDERER FANPAGE - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
federer - FEDERER FANPAGE - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
federer - FEDERER FANPAGE - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
federer - FEDERER FANPAGE - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
federer - FEDERER FANPAGE - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

FEDERER FANPAGE

+6
raiders_of_the_lost_ark
laverfan
SayonaRa
Tenez
noleisthebest
Veejay
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

federer - FEDERER FANPAGE - Page 2 Empty Re: FEDERER FANPAGE

Post by Tenez Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:04 pm

Yes...but obviously what we want is Federer winning the match this evening more than those fancy titles. Winking

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:44 pm

Exactly!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:54 am

Fed's problem is lack serving especially on important points or when he is facing a BP. He almost always misses the 1st serve and then on against quality opponents, he will be chasing the point till he drops it.

I rarely see him serve out fantastic when facing break points. This has been his problem all this year. I think his ratio of BP saved will be quite low among top player ( No stats with me, but just from memory of his performances this year)

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:19 am

Rotla,
Despite a few wild shots from Fed yesterday, the real problem for him was the slowness of court.
It would take all Fed's got, all the freshness, all his talent and  focus to beat Nole on that court and it would have to be two fast sets.
We know that's impossible with Nole's defensive skills and athleticism.

This is what Nadal said after the match yesterday, another proof that this tournament is tailored for him to win it (just in case the ultra easy draw was not enough:
"The balls are very important sometimes when you play in these kind of surfaces. I am happy. The court is in perfect conditions here.”

I am sure balls in Bercy were faster.

If I was Fed I'd demand faster balls on tournaments from now on.
Conditions like O2 will kill his spirit soon, it's just too much.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:47 am

Certainly the slow conds do nothing to Fed's serve, game and confidence in general. Yesterday there were should-be-clear-winners with angle coming back. Djoko was breathless at times but still able to play the next rally.

This is also th emain reason why I think Fed needs to change racquet. His BH woudl be much more consistent with a slightly larger frame and that means he will be able to hit harder at times and it woudl make a whole difference as Djoko kept on piling that BH knowing there was little danger coming from it. It simply neutralise Federer in thta corner.

Hope he will make the move this year end....but I doubt.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:32 am

Tenez wrote:Certainly the slow conds do nothing to Fed's serve, game and confidence in general. Yesterday there were should-be-clear-winners with angle coming back. Djoko was  breathless at times but still able to play the next rally.

This is also th emain reason why I think Fed needs to change racquet. His BH woudl be much more consistent with a slightly larger frame and that means he will be able to hit harder at times and it woudl make a whole difference as Djoko kept on piling that BH knowing there was little danger coming from it. It simply neutralise Federer in thta corner.

Hope he will make the move this year end....but I doubt.
Unfortunately, that seems to be the only option that's left with these slow conditions.
I am impressed with Forget actually having faster balls in Bercy than in O2, although the conditions were meant to be identical.
I bet there was a lot of moaning from Nadal.

The thing that surprised me a little was the hesitance to move forward from Fed.
Call me mad, but at times it almost looked like he was trying things out.
The reason I thought that is there were moments when he really turned his game on and played like in Bercy.
So, maybe he was saving himself for the rest of the tournament.
Although some of really silly FH sitters he missed did look very odd. He also looked quite despondent as he was leaving the court.
What do you think?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:48 pm

I really do not think he was trying to save himself. He went to the net a bit but for that one really needs a perfect approach so it's a bit of a risky strategy especially against someone who moves so quickly and get in position in a flash. Versus Berdych certainly but v Djoko and Nadal? tough job.

What really was clear to me yesterday is that hitting lines and angles was not good enough to score.....and that is simply wrong...regardless whether Fed coudl have played better. It's makes it such a mental challenge when you know you have to play with thin margins and that those thin margins are not good enough. Fed was left with the sole option to rallying ad nausea.

But I also noticed that Djoko's FH is loopy enough to force lots of running. It does not use muscles and does not need to clear the net as much cause he talkes the ball earlier but his bigger frames clearly allows him a safe looping of the ball, while Fed is limited by his racquet.

The main advantage of his racquet is that when hit flat and well timed, it's a precise and powerful one, hower clearly from what we could see yesterday even his precise and powerful shots are not good enough so I do not see the point in persevering with it.

he only won that second set cause he has the best TB record ever and is mentally the strongest player....cause even if he won he had to produce great shots under pressure....something quite suicidal to do on rest of set.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:59 pm

Yes , seeing it all live last night, it was clear as daylight!

I was amazing that in certain rallies in the 3rd set Nole was able to produce more power and pace with his groundstrokes just by hitting the ball harder, whereas Fed's  best timed flat FHs and BHs needed to have an open court to be successful, and even then he missed one FDTL (I think that was when he got broken first time).
I was a bit surprised he was complacent and happy to stay on those CC BH rallies with Nole, and not once chose to run  around the BH  and try a FHDTL.
I am glad you think he could add safe power to his shots with a bigger racquet, if Stan can do it, Fed would be 10 times better.

It's good he is playing Gasquet and not Delpo next.

I still think he can make a good result in London and expect him to play well tomorrow.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:28 pm

Interesting to see what Fed had to say post-match:

"The surface is slow here and it's the first match, so there's going to be errors.
You have to take a lot of chances to get the ball past Novak, eventually that draws errors out of you.
I think Novak also struggled for a long period of time. So did I.
I'm not even sure if we played our best in the third. It's just one of those matches you try to take advantage when the other guy is not 100%."

So goes with what I was thinking when comparing last night's match  to their Bercy semi a few days ago.
Fed played a much better match in Paris against the much fresher Nole, because the court/balls were faster.

That's why I was surprised to see Fed subdued last night, because he had a tired Novak on the other side, but the slowness of court combined with not his best night led to that performance.
I thought Nole didn't play that well, although he hit a few great shots and served very  well, but, his BH rallying was enough to win the match and that is not good news foe Fed, so I still think more attacking would have been better, why change the winning formula.
I reckon if it was the final, instead of a RR,  Fed would've been more aggressive, like he was in last year's final.
Anyway, will be interesting to see how it all folds out...

In short: ABN!!!  diva

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:59 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Yes , seeing it all live last night, it was clear as daylight!

I was amazing that in certain rallies in the 3rd set Nole was able to produce more power and pace with his groundstrokes just by hitting the ball harder, whereas Fed's  best timed flat FHs and BHs needed to have an open court to be successful, and even then he missed one FDTL (I think that was when he got broken first time).
I was a bit surprised he was complacent and happy to stay on those CC BH rallies with Nole, and not once chose to run  around the BH  and try a FHDTL.
I am glad you think he could add safe power to his shots with a bigger racquet, if Stan can do it, Fed would be 10 times better.

It's good he is playing Gasquet and not Delpo next.

I still think he can make a good result in London and expect him to play well tomorrow.
Yes
And yes his BH woudl be even better than Stan and Gasquet which is not so clear cut now. he produces more spin and angles in general but that means less pace too. Against those roadrunners (don;t take it badly) on those slow conds it's important to have weapons on both sides.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:22 am

Here comes the full interview Federer gave to CS yesterday:

2013 was Roger Federer's most difficult year since the beginning of his career - with back problems, uncharacteristic defeats, unbroken runs that ended, and a drop in the world ranking from two to six. But he still reached three finals and won his 77th major title at the grass-court tournament in Halle. And in the fall, at the indoor tournaments in Basel (final) and Paris (semi-final), things improved again quickly. This meant that, in the end, he qualified safely for the World Tour Finals in London for the 12th time in a row, where, thanks to wins over Richard Gasquet and Juan Martin Del Potro, he reached the semi-finals for the 11th time, in which he lost to Rafael Nadal. Afterwards he was looking forward to the forthcoming season with due confidence.
Roger Federer: "It Boosts My Morale for 2014"
Marco Falbo: Roger Federer, you are ending 2013 ranked No. 6, after starting it ranked No. 2. How do you assess your season that has just ended?

Roger Federer: It was a very difficult year. It may have begun well with the semi-final in Australia, and it ended well. But it would be better to forget the months from March to October, despite the quarter-finals at Roland Garros and the win in Halle. My back problems began at Indian Wells in March; after the match against Ivan Dodig, I shouldn't have kept playing, the games against Stanislas Wawrinka and Rafael Nadal were too much. After that, I fell behind with my training and was unable to catch up again because my back problems soon returned. In the summer too, it would have been better to have given up in Hamburg and Gstaad. These problems cost me a lot of time and threw me off course.
See also

Was 2013 a lost year?

No year is lost. In the circumstances, it was actually an interesting season. It's no joke being injured, of course. But I had to get through it, I had to question everything. Along with the back problems, I had other setbacks of a kind I had seldom had in the previous ten years. But nonetheless it was an interesting experience – to see how different people reacted, and how I dealt with this situation myself. Sometimes, I could hardly move properly, and yet was sharply criticized by some people.

After always reaching at least the semi-finals at 36 Grand Slam tournaments in a row, you lost in the second round at Wimbledon to Sergiy Stakhovsky. Was that the low point of your year?

Of course, that defeat was one of the biggest disappointments of my season. I went to Wimbledon convinced that I could win the tournament for the eighth time. But it wasn't a complete surprise for me. Because I hadn't played really well in Paris. Then Wimbledon was the start of the bigger problems.

Haven't these unaccustomed defeats against low-ranked players taken away your enjoyment of tennis?

Defeats are part of tennis. What matters is how you react. What is also important for me is that I am honest with myself. I am the sort of person who often questions everything; I did the same when things were going really well for me. That's why I am not affected much by the criticism, which I don't think is justified.

Where do you see yourself in terms of your performance? Have you come up against certain limitations, or do you think that you are still capable of top performances?

I can see no reason why I shouldn't play better again in 2014, and have some great wins. I have still got some major goals, because I certainly haven't forgotten how to play tennis; after all, I was still number one in the fall of 2012, and at the end of the season, once my back was better, my results also improved. I reached the final in Basel and the semi-finals at Paris-Bercy and the World Tour Finals, and beat top-ten players without playing my best tennis. If my serve or my forehand had been a bit more solid, the results could have been much better.
You achieved some of your best wins at the indoor tournaments.

You contested 13 matches in three weeks, and beat top players such as Juan Martin Del Potro twice, Richard Gasquet, and Grigor Dimitrov. Were you surprised?

The end result is good, even though I would have liked to win a tournament. But that would perhaps have been asking too much, after such a year. After all, I was able to concentrate again fully on my tennis and on tactics for three weeks, and my body didn't give me any problems. In the preceding months, that had been different. That is a big step, and makes me want more. My self-confidence has also returned. By the end, everyone around me was talking positively again, the mood was much better than in the summer. That boosts my morale for the coming year, and it's a big relief. The fun has definitely returned.

What are your specific goals for 2014?

I would like to win about five tournaments again and play in great finals, that's where I have most fun. My ranking is less important to me, unless it's about being number one. But it would be good to be in the top four or top eight, to get good seedings.
Are there any changes in your planning in 2014?

Yes, they're already being prepared. I'm concentrating fully on my training; for once I won't be participating in any show tournaments, in contrast with 2012 when I went to South America. What is important is that I can train hard in Dubai in December without any setbacks. I think that it will take until April for me to catch up completely with my training. For once, I'll be opening the new season at the ATP tournament in Brisbane, after which it's the Australian Open.

Will you be testing rackets with bigger heads, as you did in the summer when you even contested two tournaments with one?

I will, for sure. Because this summer's tests don't tell us much because I wasn't able to play properly in Hamburg and Gstaad because of my back problems.

Stanislas Wawrinka has become a top ten player. Might that mean that you would be more willing to appear in the Davis Cup again? In particular, will you be there against Serbia in the first round in February 2014?

The situation is the same as two years ago. I've long known that Wawrinka could beat the best players, he hasn't had to prove anything to me for a long time. In the next few weeks I will make a decision about the Davis Cup. But at the moment I have no idea what it will be. But I am happy for Stan that things are going so well for him. It was a fantastic end of season, with two Swiss players in the semi-finals of the World Tour Finals. And neither of us knew right up to the final tournament at Paris-Bercy whether we would even qualify.

Novak Djokovic said in London that you were still very strong but that you had become a bit slower and didn't move as well as in the past. What's your response to that?

What he says is true. But it would also be strange if I could move wonderfully and at my best after a year when I couldn't train enough and in between times lost quite a bit of my self-confidence. I don't feel that I am as fast as in my best years, either. But despite that I can still compete with the best. That makes me feel positive. For months, I played while being afraid of back pains and got into bad habits in the process. On court, I was orientating myself to the back rather than to the front, I lost my usual aggressiveness. And somehow I became a different player. Now I need time to get all of that out of my system again.

Why did you split from your American coach Paul Annacone after more than three years? And what do you expect from a new coach?

It was a mutual split. We talked to each other in Dubai before the tournament in Shanghai and both of us had the feeling that it was the right moment. The split went as well as it possibly could. Paul will remain a good friend and we're still in close contact with each other. In Severin Lüthi, I still have a coach who has been extremely helpful for me for a long time. But I don't know if he can or wants to be on the road with me for 40 weeks next year. At the moment, I don't know if I am going to appoint a new coach at all. I'm very happy with my team.

How do you assess the situation at the top, with Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic as numbers one and two?

The two players' achievements this year have been massive, and they are clearly better than the others. I think Nadal is the right number one, because he won two Grand Slam titles. I'm looking forward to seeing how the two of them start next season, they are quite clearly the ones to beat.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:24 am

" But despite that I can still compete with the best. That makes me feel positive. For months, I played while being afraid of back pains and got into bad habits in the process. On court, I was orientating myself to the back rather than to the front, I lost my usual aggressiveness. And somehow I became a different player. Now I need time to get all of that out of my system again."

I think this paragraph answers all the "ageing" sceptics.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:28 am

Novak Djokovic said in London that you were still very strong but that you had become a bit slower and didn't move as well as in the past. What's your response to that?

What he says is true. But it would also be strange if I could move wonderfully and at my best after a year when I couldn't train enough and in between times lost quite a bit of my
self-confidence. I don't feel that I am as fast as in my best years, either. But despite that I can still compete with the best. That makes me feel positive. For months, I played while being afraid of back pains and got into bad habits in the process. On court, I was orientating myself to the back rather than to the front, I lost my usual aggressiveness. And somehow I became a different player. Now I need time to get all of that out of my system again.
Very interesting interview. So he says he is a bit slower but then again he explains it with his back injury. He is going to be 33 this year so that certainly adds up....but if he stays fit I also believe he has a chance to win more big things.

I would like to see that big racquet again!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:29 am

Yes funny how we picked on the same paragraph.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:36 am

Tenez wrote:Yes funny how we picked on the same paragraph.
smiley

I like the fact he seems to be really dedicated to making some good results now that "the fun is back", no exos, no time wasting.
And the bigger racquet also sounds promising, so obviously serious Wimbledon plans esp after mentioning  he expects to be back on track in April.
Personally, I think his footwork is still brilliant, when he played pain-free he was fantastic. Now just to get more matches under his belt and be more relaxed as the routine sets in, i.e. he gets journos  and all "well-wishers" off his back.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:47 am

Sure but how much is true? Back problems come and go...not sure he can switch hit on again.

However I am convinced that if his fitness holds we will seen great and winning tennis again...simply cause he is still the best player out there on some surfaces.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:28 pm

This probably deserves its own new thread, but anyway…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXR9c_SksLI&list=TLM2TOQewZBzXig94z1PIq84JcfYIQcV3t

(Thanks HMM@v2).

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:32 pm

Nice video of Feds having a knock up with Laver! (great stuff from the legend)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLtvrv4isLA

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:40 pm

Strange to see Laver with that huge racquet, nice he could enjoy volley warm-up with such a partner!

I wish Fed got some great court named after him, Wimbledon will never do it.
It would be strange anyway, I can't imagine Centre Court being anything else than Centre Court.
There should be some statue of him somewhere there though,  with that glorious BH swing.
It would be nice to walk past "him" on a sunny day and say hello to once he stops playing.

And then sigh and remember the good old days when we could watch him live.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:33 pm

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:11 pm

Federer renewed his contract with Basel. Stan playing, too (I don't remember him playing there much), and apparently Nadal, as well...he will, of course, not turn up, just like last year.

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2014/04/federer-renews-agreement-play-hometown-tournament/51292/#.U11-t8u9KSM

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:23 pm

Good to see Federer and TD get past the fiasco of contracts last year.  Thumbs Up 

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:54 pm

laverfan wrote:Good to see Federer and TD get past the fiasco of contracts last year.  Thumbs Up 

Me no understand. What happened last year?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:41 pm

Last year Federer did not renew his Basel contract because TD didn't want to pay Fed a new contract, instead giving the money to Nadal who in the end didn't even turn up.
I think they expected Swiss players there to play for peanuts, which is why Stan played there so rarely.
Now both have signed new contracts.
I think that's the gist but am mot 100% sure.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:46 pm

I had a little look and found out that apparently Mirka is due in July, after Wimbledon, and that she is expecting twins again.
Obviously don't know how reliable these websites are, but if they are correct, Fed is free to play out the next few months, incl. the entire clay season if he feels physically fresh.
Hard to know what his priorities are right now, but knowing him, he'll aim both for RG and Wimbledon.
Draws will be very important.

http://www.parentdish.co.uk/2014/03/13/roger-federer-and-wife-mirka-expecting-twins-for-the-second-time/

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/542843/20140312/roger-federer-mirka-twin-pregnancy.htm

Last edited by noleisthebest on Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:53 pm

Twins again?!?! At this rate he will surpass his 17 slams...in kids!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:54 pm

Tenez wrote:Twins again?!?! At this rate he will surpass his 17 slams...in kids!

I hope it's boys this time!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Polly 81 Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:49 pm

No way is Mirka going to hold until July. IIRC they announced the pregnancy of 2009 around March, and they were born in July. This year's Australian Open, she was already quite big. I'd say she's due pretty soon. Wouldn't be surprised if it's twins though.

Polly 81

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:09 pm

Whenever the babies come, I hope it all goes well.
I am sure Mirka will have all the care and help in the world she can think of including Roger to make her cups of coffee for a few days.

He has been playing so well this year and with Nadal not being his roaring clay self, we could have some exciting times ahead.
Now that it's started in style, 2014 simply has to keep rolling!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Polly 81 Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:16 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Now that it's started in style, 2014 simply has to keep rolling!
Hear, hear!

Polly 81

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:41 pm

The age will be always topic and in case of Fed in particular. It is not easy to analyse how big are effects of players's ageing on his game, how much they struggle due to injuries and in Fed's case how both these effects go with his racket change.
IMO, just a superb serving of Fed kept him in the final with Nole and the grass helped him a lot. Even though Fed is still exceptional player currently I don't believe that he is able to beat Nole and Nadal on hard courts in BO5 format when all players are injury free. Fed has  improved his BH with a help of a larger frame and still keep superb serving, but on the other hand due to a larger frame and here I think that also due to his a bit slower move  he plays slower and not that precise from his FH as he used to.
His racket change together with healing of his back and new partnership with Edberg gave him a lot energy to this year. But surely the age of 33 year old is an edge for competing with the best current players in B05 format.
So, ageing surely affects Fet currently, on the other hand due to these three positive points, he  still plays well and on the grass in particular. Let's not write him off, except two players he can beat still everybody at GS currently. But I see that Fed gets his last chance to win a GS next Wimbledon.

Tbh, when seeing Fed how struggling with his game after a change of a racket last year, then it didn't occur to my mind how big improvement of his game is going to happen.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:41 pm

federer wins another sportsmanshp award  Big Grin Cool

that must kill ruffin lol...

i doubt that grigor dimitrov is going to have a career similar to federer,i think its going to be far more like safin's than federer's

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:18 am

Long time no see this thread, where is good old Veejay!

Nice to flick through the headlines today Big Grin

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/tennis/920734/Roger-Federer-Marin-Cilic-world-No-1-Rotterdam

Tennis world having to dig yet deeper to express their admiration for the one and only RF.

Wilander puts his finger on it in this interview:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/tennis/920792/Roger-Federer-Rafael-Nadal-Mats-Wilander-Tennis-News

“The fact that he becomes number one fourteen years after the first time is just incredible,
For me, it proves that Roger has this love for the game that goes beyond winning. But what is most impressive about Federer is what we do not see. 
That's what's happening inside. His greatest talent is not his service or forehand. It's his immutable need of love to learn and that passion for the game. 
He changes his racket. He changes his backhand technique. He changes tactics. 

We talk about his grace, the way he moves on the court. 
But it is this inner strength, this emotional part, fragile and invisible, that places it far in front of everyone.”

Underneath all those amazing FHs, SABRs, BHDTLs still beats a heart. love

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:03 am

Even Nadal “had to” congratulate Maestro: Laugh

“At his age he has achieved something very complicated and we must congratulate him.”

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/tennis/920432/Roger-Federer-Rafael-Nadal-Rotterdam-Open-tennis-world-No-1-Australian-Open

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2