Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
federer - FEDERER FANPAGE EmptySat Mar 16, 2024 8:25 am by Daniel2

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
federer - FEDERER FANPAGE EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
federer - FEDERER FANPAGE EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
federer - FEDERER FANPAGE EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
federer - FEDERER FANPAGE EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
federer - FEDERER FANPAGE EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
federer - FEDERER FANPAGE EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
federer - FEDERER FANPAGE EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
federer - FEDERER FANPAGE EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

FEDERER FANPAGE

+6
raiders_of_the_lost_ark
laverfan
SayonaRa
Tenez
noleisthebest
Veejay
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

federer - FEDERER FANPAGE Empty FEDERER FANPAGE

Post by Veejay Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:17 pm

Seeing that we have 1 for both Djokovic and Nadal,I think its only fair that there be a page dedicated to arguably the greatest player to ever play the game...

For those haters who still hate and doubt...have a look at this...but beware its gonna hurt so I suggest you have box of kleenex tissues handy..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Ss1TgmA8I

Veejay

Back to top Go down

federer - FEDERER FANPAGE Empty Re: FEDERER FANPAGE

Post by noleisthebest Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:28 pm

Very good idea Veejay Star

I have written about Federer many times in the past, in various contexts.
How can anyone not love him?

I'll write some more as it comes to me, but for now, I'll repost a little poem I cold-heartedly wrote about him last year (got to keep those emotions in check Winking )

He...

is silent.
he is timeless

flies forward flooding
the air with movement of
suspended escape.

burns deeply behind the eye
that sees the end
before it's started.

loves to play
loves to cry

loves the ball
she loves him back.

fire he has
the roaring kind
he tames so well.

P.S.

to one and only RF, may his flight continue! Bubbly

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:34 pm

Luv the poem.. Applause
Youre really good at writing NITB smiley
Keep it coming Big Grin

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:40 pm

There are so many things to write about him.
Many a journalistic pen has gone blunt trying to outdo the other praising his game and presence on the court.

I don't really know where to start....he is everything tennis should be in terms of the game plus it's all so, so beautiful.
And if that is not enough, add the thrill he gives you when you watch him, the suspense as he unleashes his attack and finishes it off, ideally at the net.

All his strokes and shots are perfect and mesmerising: the serve, especially as it used to be: waspish and deadly, yet elegant, and not brute force.
Forehand...in all its variations just so potent and explosive, my favourite probably mid-court inside-out one, although I love the sliced one, too.

Backhand......aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah......just one endless aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah....how he does it, I'll never know, I can just admire it every time.

The thing that stands out most is how much he has in his game, he can do virtually anything he wants with that magic wand of his.
He probably himself hasn't played all the shots from his bag of tricks.

Like true artist, they all happen on the spur of the moment.

Lucky him to have such an amazing grace and talent....and to be able to play like that ALL his life....If only I could just for one day.... Magic

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:41 pm

Veejay wrote:Luv the poem.. Applause
Youre really good at writing NITB smiley
Keep it coming Big Grin

Thanks Blush

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:46 pm

noleisthebest wrote:There are so many things to write about him.
Many a journalistic pen has gone blunt trying to outdo the other praising his game and presence on the court.

I don't really know where to start....he is everything tennis should be in terms of the game plus it's all so, so beautiful.
And if that is not enough, add the thrill he gives you when you watch him, the suspense as he unleashes his attack and finishes it off, ideally at the net.

All his strokes and shots are perfect and mesmerising: the serve, especially as it used to be: waspish and deadly, yet elegant, and not brute force.
Forehand...in all its variations just so potent and explosive, my favourite probably mid-court inside-out one, although I love the sliced one, too.

Backhand......aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah......just one endless aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah....how he does it, I'll never know, I can just admire it every time.

The thing that stands out most is how much he has in his game, he can do virtually anything he wants with that magic wand of his.
He probably himself hasn't played all the shots from his bag of tricks.

Like true artist, they all happen on the spur of the moment.

Lucky him to have such an amazing grace and talent....and to be able to play like that ALL his life....If only I could just for one day.... Magic

Totally agree with everything youre saying NITB
To me he is just sublime and memorising,he makes tennis look like a performing art
I never get bored watching him...
Wouldnt it be nice to be him for just 1 day!!!

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:47 pm

I'll let you into a secret: as I was reading all the stuff on the doping thread, Nadal etc, etc, I just got sick of it all, all the negativity, all the gloom and really wanted to leap out of it and start a thread called Beautiful Things.

You beat me to it, thanks Winking

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:52 pm

noleisthebest wrote:I'll let you into a secret: as I was reading all the stuff on the doping thread, Nadal etc, etc, I just got sick of it all, all the negativity, all the gloom and really wanted to leap out of it and start a thread called Beautiful Things.

You beat me to it, thanks Winking

I agree we need to keep ourforum a positive place,focus more on the positive things rather then the negative things Cool

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:16 pm

There's a very nice article from The Times, written by Simon Barnes during last Wimbledon:

"Nadal was still in it at that point in time and tennis world was beginning to almost rhetorically contemplate whether Federer was going to win any more slams.

Majority were being sceptical; only die-hard fans among the tennis pens romantically kept trying to convince their readership and possibly themselves that there is "one more left in the old man".

From that time, here comes what the eyes of a poet saw:

"Bjorn Borg was overwhelmed by his own brilliance and retired at the age of 26. Pete Sampras grabbed his fourteenth and last grand-slam title and retired before the final ball had hit the concrete.. John McEnroe couldn't take it any more and needed a sabbatical. But Roger Federer goes on and on.

Jimmy Connors went on and on, too, until they had to drag him off, but that's Jimmy for you, raging against the dying of the light. But Federer isn't raging and the light is not dying. His great days are over, nine grand-slam tournaments have gone by since he last won one, but he's not sulking about it, and he's certainly not retiring.

He cruised past his second-round opponent, Fabio Fognini of Italy, yesterday, winning 6-1 , 6-3, 6-2. Every ten points or so Fognini was absolutely brilliant: every ten shots Federer was relatively ordinary.. It was a brief sketch of the palmy days, when Rodger could do no wrong.

But these days, it's all quite different. If Federer, 30 is to win this Wimbledon, he will probably have to beat Novak Djokovic, then Rafael Nadal, and he doesn't really have the game to beat both in quick succession (but wouldn't it be wonderful to be wrong)?

But that is to miss the point. What matters is not that Federer might or might not win: what matters is that he is playing at all. These are without question his years of decline, at lest so far as winning slams and holding the No 1 one ranking are concerned. Most champions find it hard to deal with their own decline, and so do we. We implore them to hang up their boots before they compromise their own legend. More often than not, they oblige us. Not Federer.

No player got more from being No 1 than Federer. His sense of his own superiority to the rest was a potent weapon in his armoury and he held that position from February 2004 to August 2008, 237 weeks. Now he is third and highly unlikely to climb again. Still though, he's out there, bringing beauty.

My colleague Ed Smith wrote recently of Federer as an artist i the midst of his Late Period, characteristically quoting the Palestinian thinker Edward Said: "Age confers a spirit of reconciliation and serenity in later works.
That is traditionally (if not invariably) true in great art: Shakespeare brought us the reconciliation of The Tempest, Beethoven the late quartets and the Ninth Symphony, Joyce ended his last great book with the river merging with the sea, death merging with life and the uncompleted sentence " a way a lone a last a loved along the". There is something of this elegiac mood in Late Period Federer. After his tyro works and his Middle Period of matchless dominance, he is now bringing us a different kind of brilliance. And it is no longer about mere winning.
Federer is finding satisfaction as one of life's semi-finalists, in no longer being the best player at winning tennis tournament.

This is interesting, because it seems that Federer enjoys Federer's tennis for the same reason we do: for reasons that are not all about winning and losing. There is a pleasure to be taken in Federer's tennis unconnected with its effectiveness as a medium for victory.

In Middle Period Federer, the art and the victory were inextricable. He sought great victories: beauty was simply his method, just as mad intensity is the method of Djokovic and utter relentlessness is what does it for Nadal.

For Middle Fed, victory was the aim, beauty merely the means. But Late Period Fed tells us another story. The great victories are gone but the beauty remains, and is still worth playing for.And it is interesting that Federer himself seems to go along with this. the function of the beauty no longer matters quite so much to him: even for him the beauty is worth something on its won.

If victory was all he cared about, Federer would have retired by now. No doubt he believes he can win another slam. He could indeed, if Rafa's knees give out and Novak goes supernova.

But it's a long shot. We have to conclude that Federer just love splaying tennis, still loves the debate across the net and the logic of a well-crafted point.

He is also, I suspect, wise enough to know that you're a long time retired, and to realise that no matter what else he does in life, he will never master anything to quite the same degree. The tennis he plays now is still better, i one sense, than the tennis played by anybody else in the world. Federer play on in the knowledge that he is No1 in a way that nether Djokovic nor Nadal can ever aspire to.

Nadal is on eleven slams, and may yet overtake Federer's 16. But Nadal knows that in some ways he will never overtake Federer. Federer' s magic numbers are stunningly good, but even if - or when - they are beaten Federer will still be No 1 for the intangible and the incalculables that he is still bringing to the sport. Federer is still producing masterpieces even if he is not winning slams: savour the privilege of watching him while you can".

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:26 pm

OK, and what's a fan-page without a photo that encapsulates all the grace, serenity and silence ...

federer - FEDERER FANPAGE Large_roger-federer-wimbledon-703

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:31 pm

I used to be annoyed with some of his comments in the past, but have learnt to live with them, his arrogance certainly suits him, and he carries it well.

Definitely the best thing that happened to tennis in so many ways.

I won't soil this page with that other "thing" that did the opposite....but the two just go hand in hand....

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:53 pm

noleisthebest wrote:I used to be annoyed with some of his comments in the past, but have learnt to live with them, his arrogance certainly suits him, and he carries it well.

Definitely the best thing that happened to tennis in so many ways.

I won't soil this page with that other "thing" that did the opposite....but the two just go hand in hand....

I think a lot of people dont get his sense of humour,it comes across as extremely arrogant but much of what he says is either him being just brutally honest or that he is actually joking
But I agree there have been times when his comments were unsavoury and was in poor taste which couldnt be classified as either of the above,but I would rather have that then poor sportsmanship in an actual match that has a direct impact on the outcome
Its impossible to do the right thing in every single circumstance as we are all human and make mistakes but I would say he comes pretty close
Theres pretty much nothing else you can criticise him for
Thanks for the Simon Barnes article,it was a great read Cool

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:20 pm

Veejay wrote:Seeing that we have 1 for both Djokovic and Nadal,I think its only fair that there be a page dedicated to arguably the greatest player to ever play the game...

For those haters who still hate and doubt...have a look at this...but beware its gonna hurt so I suggest you have box of kleenex tissues handy..

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Ss1TgmA8I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Ss1TgmA8I[/quote[/url]]

I am afraid, it's not arguable. He is the greatest tennis player by some healthy margins. Winking

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by SayonaRa Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:27 am

[quote="Tenez"]
Veejay wrote:Seeing that we have 1 for both Djokovic and Nadal,I think its only fair that there be a page dedicated to arguably the greatest player to ever play the game...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Ss1TgmA8I[/quote]

I am afraid, it's not arguable. He is the greatest tennis player by some healthy margins. federer - FEDERER FANPAGE 1071211947

Absolutely. I've posted in v2 it's not arguable, not debatable. RF's records are self-explanatory and self-evident. But Hawkeye et al never tire of wishful thinking, forever trying to force the non-issue that Nadal may be bigger. federer - FEDERER FANPAGE 2033450363

V, T (and NITB) federer - FEDERER FANPAGE 3157886161 federer - FEDERER FANPAGE 1101037640 federer - FEDERER FANPAGE 2375004229 federer - FEDERER FANPAGE 2084913611, now pass me the kleenex for a different reason..........

federer - FEDERER FANPAGE Empty

SayonaRa

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:43 am

Sampras commented on Federer's career at the moment and compared it with his own at the same stage:

“Roger is nowhere near where I was before I won my last major (at the 2002 U.S. Open). I was a mess. I was pretty lost, looking at different coaches, not really feeling great about my game. I’m not worried about Roger. He has to take care of his body, but I’m not worried about him tennis-wise. He seems really motivated to play all these events, I don’t even know where he gets that. But he could be around until he’s 33, 34, maybe even more.”

Interesting to see how Sampras saw himself as a "mess", but am surprised he can't see why Federer is still going motivated and strong.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:26 pm

Just saw this photo from Fed's latest Rolex add. Doesn't he look sharp?
Lucky Mirka....

federer - FEDERER FANPAGE 15041_534827956563553_6812481_n

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:29 am

The Dodig improvisation tweaked Federer's back. Winking

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:26 am

Time to dust this thread off!
I just saw this article on tennis.com, so could be an interesting read in this relatively quiet tennis week

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2013/09/reading-readers-sept-19/49226/#.UjuFFuDRfzI

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:30 am

Tignor wrote: If and when Nadal gets closer to Federer’s record 17, the question of how many French Open titles is too many French Open titles to qualify Rafa as an all-around GOAT will almost certainly come up.
completely agree.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:03 pm

Annacone is no longer Federer's coach:

"After a terrific 3 ½ years working together, Paul and I have decided to move on to the next chapter in our professional lives. When we started together we had a vision of a 3 year plan to win another Grand Slam title and get back to the number #1 ranking. Along with many other goals and great memories, these 2 main goals were achieved. After numerous conversations culminating at the end of our most recent training block, we felt like this was the best time and path for both of us. Paul remains a dear friend, and we both look forward to continuing our friendship. I want to thank Paul for his help and the value he has added to me and my team."

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:44 pm

Ouah!!!! Interesting. Federer does not like to waste money. He sucked all the knowledge out of Anacone and now wants to part. Coaches do not last with fed do they?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:09 am

Tenez wrote:Ouah!!!! Interesting. Federer does not like to waste money. He sucked all the knowledge out of Anacone and now wants to part. Coaches do not last with fed do they?
Do you think Fed parted with Anacone because Fed thought it was very expensive and not worth now? I don't know what's the amount of money Anacone gets, but it certainly wouldn't be something Fed couldn't afford any more.

Its not easy being Fed's coach.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:50 am

He certainly could afford it....but was it worth it in Fed's opinion?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by SayonaRa Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:29 pm

Tenez wrote:Federer does not like to waste money.
Hi Tenez, where did you read that?

SayonaRa

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:21 pm

SR wrote:
There was some talk on Fed's website forum about money being an issue, but its as much speculation as anything..  I guess it makes sense that if he feels Annacone doesn't have that much left than he can help Fed with, it's not worth keeping him on...    I guess you could look at that as a money thing, but just as easily chalk it up to  "I don't need him" and money isn't in his thinking..

I think it's several things-- as I mentioned in the other thread on this- Annacone was always intent on having big blocks off and not traveling with Fed..  He kept to that schedule this year even when Fed was struggling, trying out a new racquet,t adding tournaments,etc.. To me- I would be aggravated if I was the player-  my highly paid (theres the money again :-) coach who's working maybe 25 weeks a year with me
can't spend a few extra unplanned weeks with me in the midst of a crisis or change?     Then there's simply the fact that whatever they are doing isn't working anymore and maybe Annacone just  doesn't have the game plan to help.  I really never saw a huge influence in Fed's game from Annacone...  Maybe a little more aggression, but Fed could turn that on and off for periods on his own before Annacone.   This blind net rushing Fed has been doing I would hope wasn't what Annacone was preaching.  I think when they started, Fed was still at a high level and just a little rededication on his part led to the success he had that built up into the fantastic 2012.. We'll never know but I'm not sure Fed wouldn't have had the same success without Annacone. 

There's another factor that no one talks about- Annacones side of it. Maybe he knows that Fed is out of the game in 2-3 years at most and wants to jump ship before he's forced too by Fed retiring..  Maybe Fed even told him that next year is it..    It wasn't widely reported but Larry Ellison (Nadals buddy) and Annacone announced last month a joint program in California to develop junior players in the USA. Annacone would be the head of it.  At the time, it was said he would be there in his off schedule,etc,,, but maybe he just felt like now was a time to take that opportunity and fully commit to it, or maybe even Fed saw the handwriting on the wall- and told him to "go for it"...

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by SayonaRa Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:09 pm

Thanks, Truffin,

Looks like their relationship just went passed its sell-by date. I don’t think it’s the money but the utter non-productivity and futility of it towards the end, when Anacone no longer seemed dedicated to his client but more focus on his own fresh agenda developing in California. Of course Anacone is entitled to pursue other personal interests outside the Fed camp, but it would be really crazy for Fed to hold on to a rather non-committal coach whose heart is just no longer in the job any more.

Btw, I was totally wrong speculating Fed’s defeat by Robredo and Monfils as being purposeful losses. No, the split proves that those were darn real losses and for Fed not to make QFs anymore is just unacceptable. Otherwise, he won’t have been so driven to make the split in the hope to turn things around.

SayonaRa

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:03 am

SR wrote:
No did not read it but I noted how quick he terminates the relationship with his coaches...even when on a winning streak (Lundgren).

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:07 am

truffin1 wrote:
SR wrote:
There was some talk on Fed's website forum about money being an issue, but its as much speculation as anything..  I guess it makes sense that if he feels Annacone doesn't have that much left than he can help Fed with, it's not worth keeping him on...    I guess you could look at that as a money thing, but just as easily chalk it up to  "I don't need him" and money isn't in his thinking..

I think it's several things-- as I mentioned in the other thread on this- Annacone was always intent on having big blocks off and not traveling with Fed..  He kept to that schedule this year even when Fed was struggling, trying out a new racquet,t adding tournaments,etc.. To me- I would be aggravated if I was the player-  my highly paid (theres the money again :-) coach who's working maybe 25 weeks a year with me
can't spend a few extra unplanned weeks with me in the midst of a crisis or change?     Then there's simply the fact that whatever they are doing isn't working anymore and maybe Annacone just  doesn't have the game plan to help.  I really never saw a huge influence in Fed's game from Annacone...  Maybe a little more aggression, but Fed could turn that on and off for periods on his own before Annacone.   This blind net rushing Fed has been doing I would hope wasn't what Annacone was preaching.  I think when they started, Fed was still at a high level and just a little rededication on his part led to the success he had that built up into the fantastic 2012.. We'll never know but I'm not sure Fed wouldn't have had the same success without Annacone. 

There's another factor that no one talks about- Annacones side of it. Maybe he knows that Fed is out of the game in 2-3 years at most and wants to jump ship before he's forced too by Fed retiring..  Maybe Fed even told him that next year is it..    It wasn't widely reported but Larry Ellison (Nadals buddy) and Annacone announced last month a joint program in California to develop junior players in the USA. Annacone would be the head of it.  At the time, it was said he would be there in his off schedule,etc,,, but maybe he just felt like now was a time to take that opportunity and fully commit to it, or maybe even Fed saw the handwriting on the wall- and told him to "go for it"...
Very good points/information...again!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by SayonaRa Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:34 pm

Quote of the Day:

"a horrid season and he still turns up top 8" Laugh 

SayonaRa

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:38 pm

yep....whose quote is it?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by SayonaRa Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:05 pm

One Fed fan named Aoun Jafarey. That quote can be found below this article:
http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2013/10/44/London-Finale-2013-Federer-Qualifies.aspx

SayonaRa

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:08 am

Hopefully he will end up ahead of Berdych!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:33 am

The 2 most interesting matches are not on CC but on court 1.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by SayonaRa Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:31 pm

Tenez wrote:Hopefully he will end up ahead of Berdych!
Magic of the master tennis craftsman returns.Magic

What does he have to do/win now to get ahead of Berdych?

SayonaRa

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:03 pm

SR wrote:Magic of the master tennis craftsman returns.Magic

What does he have to do/win now to get ahead of Berdych?
If you look at the ranking chart, Berd is about 400 points ahead of Fed, so needs to make the difference up either in Paris or London, or a bit of both.
With Fed defending a lot of points from last year's WTF, it's not going to be easy. Main thing he is playng well. Points will take care of themselves.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Rankings/Rankings-Home.aspx

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by SayonaRa Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:21 pm

Thanks.

Looks like Berdych won’t make SF. In that case, what’s the point differential bet them going to London if a) Fed wins tomorrow and b) Fed loses tomorrow?

(I doubt he will beat the Terminator on roids rage the way I saw him play vs Gas Yikes , even if roger survives Djoko)

SayonaRa

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:33 pm

Berd defended his Paris QF points, and Fed didn't play last year, so all points he wins there should be a bonus.
Before the Asian swing, I was hoping Fed could go back to top four before AO 2014, as that really is the only meaningful ranking jump he needs now in order to potentially be able to avoid Nadal or Novak before the semis.
Even with Murray potentially not playing in AO next year, it's still a tall order.
But as I said, the main thing is he is playing well now and with not that many points to defend next year, there is plenty to look forward to.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:58 pm

if you look at the race to london, this week, Berdych had 365 points more than fed. After today I believe the difference will drop to 185 points. So Fed has to make 185 points up between now and end of London.

The other unknown is that Berdych has DC points to earn I believe if he wins the DC. But if Fed wins tomorrow, he will overtake Berdych prior to London.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:02 am

Tenez wrote:if you look at the race to london, this week, Berdych had 365 points more than fed. After today I believe the difference will drop to 185 points. So Fed has to make 185 points up between now and end of London.

The other unknown is that Berdych has DC points to earn I believe if he wins the DC. But if Fed wins tomorrow, he will overtake Berdych prior to London.
PS: In fact according to the race's table it seems the difference between Fed and Berdych is of 175 points and not 185.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:34 am

Love this! Basel runner up ovation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-HtO5AVPJs

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:22 am

A little love goes a long way and it's good that people show it everywhere he goes.
I'd love to make a film "24 hours in a day of Roger Federer".
The amount of emotion and the way he deals with it would be fascinating to look at.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by SayonaRa Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:13 pm

Tenez wrote:PS: In fact according to the race's table it seems the difference between Fed and Berdych is of 175 points and not 185.
What's the latest update on their points status quo heading to London?

Even if it still stands at or around 400, I'd be surprised if Fed fails to close that gap post-WTF. Let's hope we'll see more of the type of quality he demonstrated in the 1st set of today's semi. Bubbly

SayonaRa

Back to top Go down

Post by SayonaRa Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:16 pm

luvsports! wrote:Love this! Basel runner up ovation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-HtO5AVPJs
Saw that a couple of times, each time I go misty eyes. Tears of joy, you know. racket2 Magic   Cry

SayonaRa

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:55 pm

SR wrote:
Tenez wrote:PS: In fact according to the race's table it seems the difference between Fed and Berdych is of 175 points and not 185.
What's the latest update on their points status quo heading to London?

Even if it still stands at or around 400, I'd be surprised if Fed fails to close that gap post-WTF. Let's hope we'll see more of the type of quality he demonstrated in the 1st set of today's semi. Bubbly
As I say above it seems Fed trails Berdych by "175" points. I am not sure how much a win at London is worth but in short if Fed qulaifies for the semi and Berdych does not then Fed should come on top. Not easy though.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by SayonaRa Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:44 am

Oops, my bad. Got it now, T. Just learn that 1 RR win = 200 pts. Title win =1,500 pts. But any RR loss(es) of the eventual winner will be deducted from the1,500 pts he earns at the final.

Right now, hard to imagine Berdy doing better than Nadal &/or Ferrer for the Group A semi but I think Fed has the form to overcome delpo and reach semi with Djoko in Group B. Fingers-crossed.

(PS: No disrespects to Gasg & Wari, but I'm leaving them out for apparent reasons)

SayonaRa

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:57 am

Well then it is simple. Federer just needs one more win than Berdych in the RR...unless both reach the semi and then it's open again.

I am actually not sure whether non countable tournaments come into play when WTF is added.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:33 pm

Congrats to Federer on winning another Sportsmanship award, another Fan Favorite award, and another Humanitarian Award from the ATP...  A true gentleman on and off the court.

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:37 pm

Good on him. Who won it last year? Djoko?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:57 pm

Yes I believe Djoko won the Humanitarian award last year--   while Fed won the other two as usual.    I was under the impression that the Humanitarian award was a one time thing--  but I guess Fed breaks that record as well!

Either they view Feds work (rightly so) as that much above everyone else, or sadly- there simply aren't that many players truly giving back like the foundations of Federer, Djokovic and Nadal who have won the awards the past few years sp they have had to loop back to Fed.

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next