Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Man With A Heart Of Gold EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Man With A Heart Of Gold EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Man With A Heart Of Gold EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Man With A Heart Of Gold EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Man With A Heart Of Gold EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Man With A Heart Of Gold EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Man With A Heart Of Gold EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Man With A Heart Of Gold EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Man With A Heart Of Gold EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Man With A Heart Of Gold

+3
Gable70
truffin1
noleisthebest
7 posters

Go down

Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Man With A Heart Of Gold Empty NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Man With A Heart Of Gold

Post by noleisthebest Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:33 pm

As a faithful and long-suffering Nole fan, I have endured and read numerous barbed comments from various tennis corners:

First, he was a quitter, then a faker, a doper, road-runner, yes, even a lucky-shot slapper....some even slammed hims as being unpatriotic for the fact he lived in Monte Carlo and didn't pay his tax in Serbia (as if they didn't know you pay tax in the country you earn not live...).

He was the third-wheel spoiler in the Fedal bonanza....draws were rigged in order to push Nadal and sideline Djokovic. Of course, mainstream media would never write about it. For Novak came from a small, Nowhereland of Serbia.

I often imagined how he would have been treated had he changed his nationality to British in 2006. Serious talks were held at the time.

Fortunately, Nole stuck to his roots and grafted his rise the hard way: per aspera ad astra. Every moment of humiliation and pain of injustice he had to endure en route to his current success gave him immense, rock-solid belief, strength and confidence.
Granted, a few scars have been left on his heart in the process, and made him that little bit older for his years, but also added to the rough beauty of his passionate, growing and blossoming character he is becoming.

For life is certainly not a sprint, but a long race.

Last night, Novak injured his ankle and played through the discomfort and pain almost 4 sets, taking Serbia to Davis Cup victory against the US and semi-final.

He broke down in tears talking about the extent of his injury on Serbian TV:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8jXmnqZYt4&feature=player_embedded
(he says: Emotions are strong, playing for Serbia is a great honour and pleasure. As for the injury, it's not good, not good at all. I don't know what's going to happen, but I hope it's going to be alright.)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2305668/Novak-Djokovic-tears-ankle-injury-Davis-Cup-VIDEO.html

This is what US captain Jim Courier said of Novak after the match:

“Novak is such a complete tennis player. We’ve seen him grow over the years not only game-wise but mentally. He’s got a lot of that positive to draw from over the years from the matches he’s won when he’s been pushed to the brink.
So against Querrey was an example of him drawing on that experience and energy when he had the ankle issue. The reality of the matchup changes. If Novak twists his ankle, he goes from being the absolute best mover in the world to being just one of the great movers on the tour. You take away his ability to maybe slide to the forehand, but nothing else changed. So it’s de minimus, the change, realistically, from a tactical change on our side. So Sam didn’t need to make any changes. He just needed to execute how he was going to execute all along.”

And this is what Steve Tignor wrote about him:

"Grand Slam champions always look their best—their happiest and most relaxed—when they’re making the rounds with the winner’s trophy the day after a major final. You've seen the pictures: Rafael Nadal lounging on the Arc de Triomphe, Roger Federer smiling at the top of the Empire State Building, Victoria Azarenka popping champagne down by the Yarra River in Melbourne. All of the concern that we’re used to seeing in their eyes when they’re on court has drained away. All of the worry and work, their faces say, was worth it just for this moment.

This year, though, you may have noticed that there weren't any of these happy snap shots of the Australian Open men’s champion, Novak Djokovic. That’s because, rather than hang around and savor his title for a day, he hopped on a 3:00 A.M. flight—he had to get permission to skip the photo-ops—that was bound, ultimately, for Belgium. Once there, Djokovic would lead his Davis Cup teammates in the first tie of their 2013 campaign. He had a long way to go and a lot of jet lag to get over, and he didn’t have any time to waste, even to enjoy a few extra moments with the trophy. I remember thinking, when Djokovic announced his early departure, something along the lines of: “Wow, he’s celebrating his Aussie Open by getting on a plane at 3:00 in the morning? I guess Novak really is up for Davis Cup this time.”

I thought the same thing when I saw the first photos last week of Djokovic and his teammates in remote Boise, Idaho. And what else could anyone think on Sunday afternoon, as they watched him hobble his way through an ankle injury, and Sam Querrey, in four sets to clinch Serbia’s quarterfinal tie over the United States. While the last two sets were 6-1, 6-0 blowouts, and Querrey was flagging badly by the end, this was one of Djokovic’s most impressive performances of 2013, and an exercise in resilience for team’s sake.

Djokovic fell down and picked himself up in different ways all afternoon. He turned his ankle badly in the third game, then came back out and immediately broke Querrey. Serving for that set at 6-5, Djokovic, grimacing as he swung, saved break points with smart kick serves and held for the set. After losing the next set in a tiebreaker and feeling the emotion in the building swing against him, what did Djokovic do? He won 12 of the next 13 games for the match and the tie. We hear a lot about Djokovic’s movement, but he showed today that he can win when that movement is compromised; his shot-making, his efficiency, and his focus were especially good over the last two sets. That's what playing for country and teammates can do for you.

Djokovic’s was just one of many outstanding moments in this Davis Cup weekend—by now it basically goes without saying that every DC weekend is a big one. This time we had unlikely (and hard to spell) heroes such as Ilija Bozoljac of Serbia and Carlos Berlocq of Argentina, who clinched an upset win for his country over France in a fifth rubber. We had a stunning, out-of-nowhere comeback by Great Britain over Russia from 0-2 down. We had Serbia and Canada each win doubles matches 15-13 in the fifth set, within a few hours of each other. We had a proud defending champion from the Czech Republic move on without its best player, Tomas Berdych. And we had a new DC anchorman, Milos Raonic, send Canada into the semifinals for the first time in the country’s history.

But there’s something special about seeing the world’s best player commit so fully to the team concept; having him, in this case, put the group's interests over his own. Afterward, Djokovic said that he would have an MRI on his swollen ankle tomorrow, and that he was seriously concerned about his status for his next tournament, in his adopted hometown of Monte Carlo. He said, “I sincerely hope I didn’t make it worse,” by playing on it today. He also said that, while he could have stopped playing and the Serbs still would have had a chance to win, there really was no choice; this is his “responsibility” to the country and team. It’s no small risk for him: The most important part of Djokovic’s season, the clay swing that leads to the French Open, begins in two weeks. But Nole, whether he's playing for his parents, his team, his country, or his "family" of fans around the world, is a fairly rare thing in the selfish game of tennis: a star who thrives on community and the larger cause.

While it wasn’t as historic, Djokovic’s weekend in Boise reminded me of another No. 1 player’s, John McEnroe's, in St. Louis in 1982. McEnroe clinched a DC tie for the U.S. over Sweden with an epic, six-hour win over Mats Wilander. He later used the experience to try to sell younger American stars on the beauty of Davis Cup. A week earlier, McEnroe had lost a heartbreaking five-set Wimbledon final to Jimmy Connors, but he was able to put it behind him right away with his Davis Cup win.

This weekend, Djokovic was coming off a couple of disappointing results of his own, in Indian Wells and Miami. Mentally, his adventures in Boise should clear his mind of those losses. Physically, though, his stalwart commitment to Davis Cup this year could put him in a worse place going forward. To echo Novak’s words: I sincerely hope not."

NOLE, THE MAN WITH A HEART OF GOLD, KEEP ON FIGHTING!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Two3MdN87_4

Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Man With A Heart Of Gold 1oDibQ.AuSt.36

And last but not the least my favourite chapter from the Bible, 1 Corinthians, 13

1.Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.
2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned,[a] but have not love, it profits me nothing.

4 Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up;
5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil;
6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth;
7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8 Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away.
9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part.
10 But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.

11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.

13 And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Last edited by noleisthebest on Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Man With A Heart Of Gold Empty Re: NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Man With A Heart Of Gold

Post by noleisthebest Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:45 pm

I am just so sad after seeing that interview Cry

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Man With A Heart Of Gold Empty Re: NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Man With A Heart Of Gold

Post by truffin1 Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:43 pm

Novak deserves more accolades than he gets. He's really putting a stamp on his era.
It appears that once again, Nadal gets all the luck.. His fans might moan and groan about injuries (I don't consider that bad luck but a byproduct of his chosen style) but between the surfaces tailored to his game, his main rival hurt at the worst time-- it seems to all fall in place for him perfectly.

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:01 pm

truffin1 wrote:Novak deserves more accolades than he gets. He's really putting a stamp on his era.
It appears that once again, Nadal gets all the luck.. His fans might moan and groan about injuries (I don't consider that bad luck but a byproduct of his chosen style) but between the surfaces tailored to his game, his main rival hurt at the worst time-- it seems to all fall in place for him perfectly.

I have always found that anglo-saxon media (and let's be honest, they control virtually everything) to be giving him the cold shoulder treatment.
That was particularly obvious during the fantastic run he had in 2011. I don't remember reading any really positive write-up on him, bar a few in marginal papers.
Even Simon Barnes of The Times could only muster one semi-decent article in which he reduced Novak to "intense madness".
Particularly annoying were British media who had to ram Murray down our throats in the process.

American media are just too dumb to get anything between black and white, and in Federer-Nadal marriage there was no room for the third person.

His path is definitely swimming against the tide, bit that's proving to make him quite a story which is yet to have quite an ending.

Still waters run deep.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:11 pm

I remember the bbc 606 days where it was almost stigmatic to like Novak. If there was anything positive to be said about him, people would start their sentences: I'm not his fan but....

Nothing but sheep, cowardly mentality and forums are full of those: sitting on the fence, having no opinion, or having one but scared to utter it: you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours, kind of types.

Life is for living and definitely too short for mind-games.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:11 pm

noleisthebest wrote:I remember the bbc 606 days where it was almost stigmatic to like Novak. If there was anything positive to be said about him, people would start their sentences: I'm not his fan but....

Nothing but sheep, cowardly mentality and forums are full of those: sitting on the fence, having no opinion, or having one but scared to utter it: you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours, kind of types.

Life is for living and definitely too short for mind-games.

For awhile it was hard for me to seperate some behaviour I saw from his family/box both in person and tv with him as a player- and that negative feeling rubbed off on him. I also am not a fan of some of the types of celebrations,etc that he's know for-- just not my thing- However, I have seen him grow as a person as they all do at they get older and find their place in the sport, he seems to have reigned in the family (I watched his dad literly trash talk his opponent non stop in Cinci a few years from the box, but notice they are quiet now), and he really is thoughtful in his interviews. He's come into his own.
I beleive this is his era.. We went from the Federer era, Fedal, and then a transition year where Nadal was #1 for 7 months in 2010- and since then- Djokovic era. I hope he keeps it up and keeps the injuries at bay..

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:59 pm

truffin1 wrote:
For awhile it was hard for me to seperate some behaviour I saw from his family/box both in person and tv with him as a player- and that negative feeling rubbed off on him.

Yes, parents....if only we could choose them!

Unpolished and rough at the edge, bristling with such hard fought-and-worked-for pride in their son, I think on the whole Nole could've done a lot worse and here is why:

I wasn't aware of their interfering during matches, except for the famous "Be quiet!" moment, which in hindsight and an already thin layer of patina is beginning to look endearing and innocent! (just like the Superbrat's or Lendl's antics).

There definitely were a few unPR-ed moments from them both, but I have never took them badly (although some of them did make even me wince), who can forget the "King is dead!'...

Having a good understanding of where they were coming from, I was a little less harsh in judging them (or anyone else for that matter). Try and just imagine them living hand to mouth existence struggling, wheeling and dealing, borrowing and selling, all that in very unglamorous, hard and tough war circumstances where few walk upright and morals are cheap... Debonair and carefree - yes those people lived only on TV.
A complete contrast to, say, Ernest Gulbis who was training in the same tennis academy at the same time as Novak.

Imagine young Gulbis having his parents come to visit him any time he wanted it, making sure he lacked for nothing, and poor little Nole just being left there on his own with the basics, gratefully mature and fast developing a sense of responsibility too advanced for his young years.
Do you know that when he was 6 he was interviewed in some children's programme and asked (after he had just been explaining how much he trains): when do you play? Nole answered dead-pan: at night! And went into detail to describe all the things he had to do first before having time to play.

And through all that, his uncool parents never let him know how much they really struggled, although Novak being sharp as he is, I'm pretty sure he must have had some kind of idea.

So they may have lacked in the facade and little things, but they did the big ones right: they loved their son and never burdened him like Agassi did his son, or Toni his nephew (just to mention a few).
And you can tell the difference in just the way Nole turned out: he is a happy soul who enjoys playing and loves life.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:07 am

truffin1 wrote: He's come into his own.
I beleive this is his era.. We went from the Federer era, Fedal, and then a transition year where Nadal was #1 for 7 months in 2010- and since then- Djokovic era. I hope he keeps it up and keeps the injuries at bay..
Yes, and I'll add: at last!
Imagine if courts were not slowed down and he hadn't been drawn in Federer's half in slams 12/12 (except RG, of course), would Nadal have completed his career slam?
( https://ourtennisforum.forumotion.co.uk/t41-draw-fixing-an-official-study )
Would Novak have won at least one more USO?

But, these are only speculations and better be left behind, nothing can be done about it now.
I am so happy he has had his 2011 for two reasons: he stopped tennis rot of Nadal's supremacy and finally broke through to the top where he belongs.
Tennis is in a lot better place with him at the top, as opposed to Nadal.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Gable70 Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:36 pm

I'm new here, and this thread made me chuckle heartily. Novak supposedly loves his country so much that he lives in MC and pays no taxes in Serbia. He also put on quite a show with his crocodile tears after a supposedly devastating ankle injury(I knew he was not injured) at DC, even though he finished that match with the loss of 1 game, and is now going to play MC with no ill effects. Why do you people fall for this stuff from this guy? I know this post will probably get me banned here because it's obvious what this place is, but I still had to get it off my chest after reading through this forum for the past week or so.

Really, this forum should be renamed He-Man Nadal Hater's club. There are also far too many threads started about Novak. So many in fact that it could be mistaken for a fan site. Do you people actually want to discuss tennis or just hate on Nadal and fellate Novak? This seems like a place where a few posters gather to spew hatred towards Nadal all day while giving Novak far more attention than warranted, praising him for the silliest of things and glossing over the things he does that aren't very becoming of him. This is not a very welcoming place for fans who don't want to to partake in either one of those things.

Gable70

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:37 pm

Gable70 wrote:I'm new here, and this thread made me chuckle heartily. Novak supposedly loves his country so much that he lives in MC and pays no taxes in Serbia. He also put on quite a show with his crocodile tears after a supposedly devastating ankle injury(I knew he was not injured) at DC, even though he finished that match with the loss of 1 game, and is now going to play MC with no ill effects. Why do you people fall for this stuff from this guy? I know this post will probably get me banned here because it's obvious what this place is, but I still had to get it off my chest after reading through this forum for the past week or so.

Really, this forum should be renamed He-Man Nadal Hater's club. There are also far too many threads started about Novak. So many in fact that it could be mistaken for a fan site. Do you people actually want to discuss tennis or just hate on Nadal and fellate Novak? This seems like a place where a few posters gather to spew hatred towards Nadal all day while giving Novak far more attention than warranted, praising him for the silliest of things and glossing over the things he does that aren't very becoming of him. This is not a very welcoming place for fans who don't want to to partake in either one of those things.
Another desperate Moribundus moron fan, who does not know anything about tennis and weeps his figments.
Please think about things at least a little bit before you write something.Moribundus did not play 7 months after Rosol sent him home from Wimbledon, where he evidently did not suffer anything and you put your crap about Nole's condition. I recommend to you writing PMs to some of these as Amritia, Larry Ellison or Red. These are surely your friends and your ideas are very close and absolutely on the same level with theirs. Do not waste your time with us and turn to them. Thanks, bye.

Last edited by paulcz on Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by SayonaRa Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:05 pm

@ Gable

See, Gable. this is what you don’t understand. OTF is a forum for
gutsy people not afraid to speak their mind. Right or wrong, there’s no censorship
or self-censorship. We don’t believe in treating grown-ups like children. We
respect a poster’s propensity towards independent thinking and analysis. We don’t
hold anyone’s hands. This is not a kindergarten-like venue where you’re told to
obey a prescribed set of rules. That would stifle originality and be counter-productive
to the spirit of free speech and the very purpose of a forum, no? Unless you
are really REALLY out of line, this forum doesn’t ban people. We’d rather have
no members than members so timid and insecure that they are constantly seeking
approval and pretending to be politically correct just to post a simple tennis comment.

You seem to be the conventional type of poster unfamiliar
with our avant garde approach. And your views appear to be rather mild, mundane
and totally within the expected. So don’t worry. You’ve hardly said anything revolutionary
or “ban-worthy.”

Re nadal, I’m surprised you don’t seem to be aware of the
fact that nadal constantly invites and dares the fans to criticize him, as he flaunts
his gamesmanship like no other players in the history of tennis. So what’s
wrong with doing the natural and giving nadal what he asks for, by responding
to his challenges? Don’t be silly, other forums don’t rise up to the challenge
doesn’t mean that we’re wrong when we demonstrate the will and the needed courage
to do so.

Re Djoko, I’ll let our resident Djoko fans respond to the
Djoko issues you’ve raised in due course. In any event, thanks for dropping by.
I hope you feel better now that you get all that negative feeling out of your
chest. Cheers! Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Man With A Heart Of Gold 3885497126

SayonaRa

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:08 pm

vive la revolution!

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by SayonaRa Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:55 pm

Gable didn't pass the "Revolution Test". Shall we reject his OTF membership? Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Man With A Heart Of Gold 2033450363

SayonaRa

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:12 pm

maybe a bit harsh, but when he isn't looking we should put a whoopie cushion on his chair and then put clingfilm over the toilet seat so when he pees it goes everywhere, te heee.

damn that kind of contradicts your whole ting about not being childish OOPS! sorry

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by SayonaRa Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:42 am

Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Man With A Heart Of Gold 2033450363 Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Man With A Heart Of Gold 2033450363
That must have happened to you before?

No worries. You didn’t contradict anything, as I never mentioned imaginary pranks.

I won’t be surprised if Gable is another amrit cover-up.

SayonaRa

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:57 am

Nope but it has happened to the people I have done it on Winking I am just that cool, 20 going on 6

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Gable70 Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:11 am

Pathetic responses but I honestly expected nothing less. Hopefully, the handful of folks here keep their lunacy confined to this hell pit instead of spreading it around to other forums. You people know nothing about tennis and never will.

Gable70

Back to top Go down

Post by Gable70 Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:14 am

paulcz wrote:
Gable70 wrote:I'm new here, and this thread made me chuckle heartily. Novak supposedly loves his country so much that he lives in MC and pays no taxes in Serbia. He also put on quite a show with his crocodile tears after a supposedly devastating ankle injury(I knew he was not injured) at DC, even though he finished that match with the loss of 1 game, and is now going to play MC with no ill effects. Why do you people fall for this stuff from this guy? I know this post will probably get me banned here because it's obvious what this place is, but I still had to get it off my chest after reading through this forum for the past week or so.

Another desperate Moribundus moron fan, who does not know anything about tennis and weeps his figments.
Please think about things at least a little bit before you write something.Moribundus did not play 7 months after Rosol sent him home from Wimbledon, where he evidently did not suffer anything and you put your crap about Nole's condition. I recommend to you writing PMs to some of these as Amritia, Larry Ellison or Red. These are surely your friends and your ideas are very close and absolutely on the same level with theirs. Do not waste your time with us and turn to them. Thanks, bye.

You are bizarre and frankly speaking, seem to have a few screws loose. Your hatred for Nadal has overtaken you to the point of insanity. It's frightening to be honest.

Gable70

Back to top Go down

Post by Gable70 Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:18 am

SR wrote:@ Gable

See, Gable. this is what you don’t understand. OTF is a forum for
gutsy people not afraid to speak their mind. Right or wrong, there’s no censorship
or self-censorship. We don’t believe in treating grown-ups like children. We
respect a poster’s propensity towards independent thinking and analysis. We don’t
hold anyone’s hands. This is not a kindergarten-like venue where you’re told to
obey a prescribed set of rules. That would stifle originality and be counter-productive
to the spirit of free speech and the very purpose of a forum, no? Unless you
are really REALLY out of line, this forum doesn’t ban people. We’d rather have
no members than members so timid and insecure that they are constantly seeking
approval and pretending to be politically correct just to post a simple tennis comment.

You seem to be the conventional type of poster unfamiliar
with our avant garde approach. And your views appear to be rather mild, mundane
and totally within the expected. So don’t worry. You’ve hardly said anything revolutionary
or “ban-worthy.”

Re nadal, I’m surprised you don’t seem to be aware of the
fact that nadal constantly invites and dares the fans to criticize him, as he flaunts
his gamesmanship like no other players in the history of tennis. So what’s
wrong with doing the natural and giving nadal what he asks for, by responding
to his challenges? Don’t be silly, other forums don’t rise up to the challenge
doesn’t mean that we’re wrong when we demonstrate the will and the needed courage
to do so.

Re Djoko, I’ll let our resident Djoko fans respond to the
Djoko issues you’ve raised in due course. In any event, thanks for dropping by.
I hope you feel better now that you get all that negative feeling out of your
chest. Cheers! Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Man With A Heart Of Gold 3885497126

Oh, come on now. This is not some avant guard forum where only a few enlightened people dare to tread. It's a place where a handful of people come to bitch about Nadal and wish for his death while fellating Novak and Fed, or any other player not named Nadal. You like being insular because you can spew all the garbage you want with no repercussions. This is not a tennis forum and should be renamed the He-Man Nadal Hater's forum. That is far more accurate than its original name.

Gable70

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:43 am

I love your posts gable they are just so great.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:02 pm

Gable70 wrote:
paulcz wrote:

You are bizarre and frankly speaking, seem to have a few screws loose. Your hatred for Nadal has overtaken you to the point of insanity. It's frightening to be honest.

No reason to be offended, your posts are still moaning and figments, nothing rationale, neither tennis idea, no tennis knowledge nor perceptions. Unfortunately that is quite typical for all Moribundus fans. I do not like writing about it, but there is nothing to discuss about from that you has written so far.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:22 am

I am so surprised Nole plays without taping his ankles...I said it before that he would most likely get injured.

Glad it is not a bad one.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:53 am

Tenez wrote:I am so surprised Nole plays without taping his ankles...I said it before that he would most likely get injured.

Glad it is not a bad one.

I think he mentioned once in the past (after being asked the same taping question by some journalist) that his joints are "very strong form skiing" in quite a proud way.
Maybe he also dislikes taping as it may add that little bit of restrictive annoyance as he likes to slide a lot on all surfaces.

I'm sure this incident will make his and his team rethink the position.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:56 pm

noleisthebest wrote:

I think he mentioned once in the past (after being asked the same taping question by some journalist) that his joints are "very strong form skiing" in quite a proud way.
Maybe he also dislikes taping as it may add that little bit of restrictive annoyance as he likes to slide a lot on all surfaces.

I'm sure this incident will make his and his team rethink the position.

They should cause there is way too much moving around nowadays...especially and I just simply very surprised he risked it. As he gets older his ligaments will get stiffer. Plus he is a tall guy so even more stress on his ankles than Nadal for instance.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down