Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
federer - Federer insists he has still the game to become number 1!!! EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
federer - Federer insists he has still the game to become number 1!!! EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
federer - Federer insists he has still the game to become number 1!!! EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
federer - Federer insists he has still the game to become number 1!!! EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
federer - Federer insists he has still the game to become number 1!!! EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
federer - Federer insists he has still the game to become number 1!!! EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
federer - Federer insists he has still the game to become number 1!!! EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
federer - Federer insists he has still the game to become number 1!!! EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
federer - Federer insists he has still the game to become number 1!!! EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Federer insists he has still the game to become number 1!!!

4 posters

Go down

federer - Federer insists he has still the game to become number 1!!! Empty Federer insists he has still the game to become number 1!!!

Post by Tenez Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:09 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/federer-insists-still-game-no-143950757--ten.html

INteresting....cause I don't think he has...unless they speed the courts and that doesn't his back stops preventing him from serving decently. Is that a marketing coup?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

federer - Federer insists he has still the game to become number 1!!! Empty Re: Federer insists he has still the game to become number 1!!!

Post by noleisthebest Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:22 pm

As things stand and all things considered, he is the second best player right now (regardless of ranking)
He is better than Novak on grass, and better than Murray on all surfaces.

Motivation plays a huge role with Federer. Last time I saw him motivated was in the AO SF against Murray which he lost, I believe due to fatigue. He just ran out of gas and I bet he hates that loss.

He knows his body best and whether it can hold up the relentless pressure a year on ATP tour brings.

His game is all there and but because of slower recovery, there are more factors now involved in him winning long slam matches in later stages. AO 2013 is a good example of how a bad draw cost him fresh legs against Murray who breezed through his cakewalk draw despite being lower ranked than Federer.

It will be interesting to see him in Dubai. If he wants his number one again (which I am not convinced about) he'd better start hauling in some trophies.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

federer - Federer insists he has still the game to become number 1!!! Empty Re: Federer insists he has still the game to become number 1!!!

Post by paulcz Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:59 pm

noleisthebest wrote:As things stand and all things considered, he is the second best player right now (regardless of ranking)
He is better than Novak on grass, and better than Murray on all surfaces.

Motivation plays a huge role with Federer. Last time I saw him motivated was in the AO SF against Murray which he lost, I believe due to fatigue. He just ran out of gas and I bet he hates that loss.

He knows his body best and whether it can hold up the relentless pressure a year on ATP tour brings.

His game is all there and but because of slower recovery, there are more factors now involved in him winning long slam matches in later stages. AO 2013 is a good example of how a bad draw cost him fresh legs against Murray who breezed through his cakewalk draw despite being lower ranked than Federer.

It will be interesting to see him in Dubai. If he wants his number one again (which I am not convinced about) he'd better start hauling in some trophies.
I agree with Ten point. If they do not speed up the game by harder balls or the surface then I do not believe that Fed has a chance in Wimbledon. He has lost his swiftness, a bit of speed and serve and I do not believe that his body can recover in such an extent that he will go through SF. Let's see his SF in Dubai with Berd/Tsonga, that will clearly show what sharpness he still has.
I begin to believe that Wimbledon will elevate Tomic/Rao, perhaps not that Sock federer - Federer insists he has still the game to become number 1!!! 2033450363

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:40 pm

Maybe he has the game.. but definitly not the schedule;
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013/feb/24/roger-federer

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:44 pm

Yes...clearly he is after the slams....if that!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:37 pm

It has just dawned on me that media (as well as his fans) have been prediciting/expecting Federer's downfall for ages.
I just don't understand the need to keep digging the hole and continue picking at nothing.
I've always said that if nobody else does it, it will be the journalists with their pathetic interrogation that will send him to early retirement.
If I was him I'd tell them to get lost once and for all!

Stg like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDFW-unhTVg&playnext=1&list=PLF3D299A063501313&feature=results_video

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:42 pm

I am not surprised Federer came out with Number one talk in his interview. Whether it's a dream, reality or possibility,
I suppose for him it's the knowledge he can still do it that's as important as the actual realisation now.
He probably proved himself to himself last year and must be at great peace about it.
So why is this thought still racing through his veins?
Slams seem to be one thing, but being number one, a completely different beast.
No point comparing those, but as it seems to be the 40th anniversary of Number Ones, ATP made this video, and you can see how much it means to some players, even Rafter who managed to do it for just one week (as he jokingly says, nobody can beat his record!)

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2013/02/9/Corona-Slice-25-February-2013.aspx#ooid=kwamhqOTrHWSSSaNOPSIo5elVAyBGl6F

And lovely to see some of the older players, quite heart-warming.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:52 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Slams seem to be one thing, but being number one, a completely different beast.
No point comparing those, but as it seems to be the 40th anniversary of Number Ones, ATP made this video, and you can see how much it means to some players, even Rafter who managed to do it for just one week (as he jokingly says, nobody can beat his record!)

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2013/02/9/Corona-Slice-25-February-2013.aspx#ooid=kwamhqOTrHWSSSaNOPSIo5elVAyBGl6F

And lovely to see some of the older players, quite heart-warming.

Well I have always said it is extremely important to all players. It's the panacae to all problems (I can't remember whose champ said that) but being number 1 makes them the centre of the world. It's quality time and intense joy while slams give them the longer term inner peace and sense of achievement.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down