MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Duchess of Cornwall pregnant

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Duchess of Cornwall pregnant

Post by Veejay on Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:55 pm

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are expecting a baby, St James's Palace has announced.

Months of speculation about a royal pregnancy were ended on Monday afternoon when William and Kate told the world they will be parents for the first time.

But the announcement also revealed the Duchess is being treated for very acute morning sickness - hyperemesis gravidarum - at a private London hospital.

The Duke was by her side after she was admitted to the King Edward VII Hospital, where she is expected to remain for a few days. He left shortly after 8.20pm.

The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh, the Prince of Wales and members of both families are delighted with the news, said a St James's Palace spokesman.

Babies were the topic of conversation when William and Kate visited Cambridge last week for the first time as a married couple. The Duke, an RAF search and rescue pilot, was given a tiny baby romper suit made by well-wisher Samantha Hill, 27, from Sudbury, Suffolk, which was decorated with a picture of a helicopter and the words "Daddy's little co-pilot".

The baby theme continued when Kate met Tessa Davies, 35, from Cambridge, who had given her son five-month-old James the middle name William in honour of the Duke and had brought him to meet the royal couple.

St James's Palace would not say when the royal couple became aware of the pregnancy, only saying "recently".

It is understood that the pregnancy has not passed the 12-week point and the announcement was prompted by the Duchess's medical condition. For women with hyperemesis gravidarum, vomiting can be so severe that they cannot keep food or liquid down. The condition usually continues past the first three months of pregnancy and can pass by week 21, but may also last longer.

St James's Palace said in statement: "The Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh, the Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall and Prince Harry and members of both families are delighted with the news. The Duchess was admitted this afternoon to King Edward VII Hospital in central London with hyperemesis gravidarum. As the pregnancy is in its very early stages, Her Royal Highness is expected to stay in hospital for several days and will require a period of rest thereafter."

http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/william-and-kate-expecting-a-baby

Boy or girl?
Have they changed the law yet regarding female heir's to the throne? I know there was talk about it around the time of the queens jubilee

Veejay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Duchess of Cornwall pregnant

Post by ... on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:38 pm

I must say I've never been a fan of Kate Middleton but this DJ prank call disaster got me "involved".
What a tragedy that somebody else had to die even before the baby was born.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay on Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:34 pm

In theory Kate should lay an egg...
As for the suicide...terribly sad,I hope those dj's have learned their lesson.The media reported some of the other pranks they have played on people and most of it was really below the belt

Veejay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ... on Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:53 am

Obsession with "celebrities" in this country ( and I gather it's not a lot different elsewhere) is disturbing and depressing.
Sign of times.
I feel very sorry for young generation. They are being robbed both of childhood as well as future.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay on Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:05 pm

Celebrity is the new religion,people worship them as if they are demi gods
I thought it was bad here but after watching E news/channel-oh my god!!!
The worst has to be the new breed of reality tv celebrities like the Kardashians
They have no talent or skill that makes them famous,they are just famous for being themselves on t.v.Terrible role models/career for kids to aspire to!

Veejay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ... on Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:56 pm

TBH I don't have a clue who 99% of them are now. I pride myself of never hearing Lady Gaga's voice, so that gives you the idea of how "backward" I am.

People now can't imagine their lives without TVs and spend hours there as a bad habit watching junk with the good, because they don't know what to do with their own company, the art of conversation is dead and reduced to "Olright?" as an acknowledgement of your existence .
If you're "lucky" they will "open up" and talk about their house and what they have done with it and that's about it.
Everyone's so busy chasing money they stopped having time to enjoy life and don't even know how to do it, so instead they live other people's lives through gossip programmes and news, which should not be so.
Anyway, that's my moan of the day

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay on Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:28 pm

Lady Gaga is actually a very talented musician...its the talentless z-listers whi have to rely on every pr stunt or gimmick to remain relevant in the media...its those kinds of "celebrities" who I cannot bare and who I think are bad role models for kids

I agree with pretty much everything you say,I guess it just the times we live in.This obsession with fame and fortune is easily achievable through technology like smart phones and social networking sites...instant fame is there for anyone who seeks it,you just have to do something outrageous to get noticed..these days sex tapes gives wannabe celebrities instant fame

Veejay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top