Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 16 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 16 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 16 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 16 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 16 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 16 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 16 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 16 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 16 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club

+17
AceofDeath
Veejay
raiders_of_the_lost_ark
Daniel
gallery play
Polly 81
Autumnleaf
wildflower
novak143
N2D2L
BlueClay
Tenez
SayonaRa
legendkillar
paulcz
luvsports!
noleisthebest
21 posters

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

Go down

Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 16 Empty Re: NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club

Post by luvsports! Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:18 am

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:Lets see what kind of reasoning some blinkered fans bring here. The same point twisted as and when required to suit their argument. They are so blinded, they don't even see what they write is paradox.

1. Extra day(s) rest: One 1 occasion this  extra day or days of rest becomes the reason for a major loss . E.g. Djokovic losing to Fed in RG2011 Semis. Fognini withdrew from the QF and this Extra Rest becomes the excuse.

On another occasion when there is little lack of extra days, this becomes the excuse for the loss. E.g. In RG 2015 semis, when Both semis start at the SAME time, the next day they only play for about an hour . But this lack of extra rest is the reason for the loss in the finals.

2. Nadal as Djokovic's Opponent: On one occasion when when looking at who has the tougher draw, Nadal is mighty opponent to have in the path. Eg. Nadal at RG QF.

And when the discussion is about Can Djokovic beat Nadal to prevent him winning RGs, the same blinkered fans write " A fit Nole is Nadal’s nightmare." 

So Nadal is made both an easy and tough opponent as and when it suits their argument. Bah!!

I can bring a lot more points, but it don't think its required right now.

I don't think they played at the same time. Tsonga Stan was first and then Murray Djok. They played almost four sets on that day and then a 6-1 set the day after. 

Just to clarify, that day from Stan was majestic. Big Grin 
He beat Djoko before in slams and he did it again. No excuses needed.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 16 Empty Re: NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:15 pm

luvsports! wrote:I don't think they played at the same time. Tsonga Stan was first and then Murray Djok.

No it wasn't. RG is different from other slams.. Sunday start and SF on 2nd Friday , both at same time on their 2 main courts. And this is how its going to be this year too. Bring it up when RG website is showing the schedule, you'll see yourself.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:24 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:
luvsports! wrote:I don't think they played at the same time. Tsonga Stan was first and then Murray Djok.

No it wasn't. RG is different from other slams.. Sunday start and SF on 2nd Friday , both at same time on their 2 main courts. And this is how its going to be this year too. Bring it up when RG website is showing the schedule, you'll see yourself.
You are confusing SF with QF.
Remember how Tsonga-Ferrer semi when there was barely anyone left after the first semi.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:26 pm

[th]Matches on Main Courts[/th][th]Matches on Court Philippe Chatrier (Center Court)[/th][th]Event[/th][th]Winner[/th][th]Loser[/th][th]Score[/th][th]Matches on Court Suzanne Lenglen (Grandstand)[/th][th]Event[/th][th]Winner[/th][th]Loser[/th][th]Score[/th]
Men's Singles SemifinalsDjokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 16 16px-Flag_of_Switzerland.svg Stan Wawrinka [8]Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 16 23px-Flag_of_France.svg Jo-Wilfried Tsonga [14]6–3, 6–7(1–7), 7–6(7–3), 6–4
Men's Singles SemifinalsDjokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 16 23px-Flag_of_Serbia.svg Novak Djokovic [1] vs. Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 16 23px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg Andy Murray [3]6–3, 6–3, 5–7, 3–3, suspended
Men's Legends Over 45 DoublesDjokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 16 23px-Flag_of_France.svg Cédric Pioline
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 16 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg Mark Woodforde
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 16 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg John McEnroe
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 16 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg Patrick McEnroe
6–4, 6–1
Women's Doubles SemifinalsDjokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 16 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg Bethanie Mattek-Sands [7]
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 16 23px-Flag_of_the_Czech_Republic.svg Lucie Šafářová [7]
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 16 23px-Flag_of_the_Czech_Republic.svg Andrea Hlaváčková [9]
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 16 23px-Flag_of_the_Czech_Republic.svg Lucie Hradecká [9]
6–2, 5–7, 6–4
Women's Doubles SemifinalsDjokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 16 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg Casey Dellacqua [12]
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 16 23px-Flag_of_Kazakhstan.svg Yaroslava Shvedova [12]
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 16 23px-Flag_of_Russia.svg Ekaterina Makarova [2]
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 16 23px-Flag_of_Russia.svg Elena Vesnina [2]
6–3, 6–2
Women's Legends DoublesDjokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 16 23px-Flag_of_Spain.svg Conchita Martínez
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 16 23px-Flag_of_Russia.svg Anastasia Myskina
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 16 23px-Flag_of_France.svg Nathalie Tauziat
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 16 23px-Flag_of_France.svg Sandrine Testud
6–2, 4–6, [10–8]

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:31 pm

Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 16 Otf10

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:32 pm

No Rotla, you are wrong.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:35 pm

noleisthebest wrote:

Remember how Tsonga-Ferrer semi when there was barely anyone left after the first semi.

Yes that was in 2013 after the Novak Rafa epic.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:38 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:Lets see what kind of reasoning some blinkered fans bring here. The same point twisted as and when required to suit their argument. They are so blinded, they don't even see what they write is paradox.

1. Extra day(s) rest: One 1 occasion this  extra day or days of rest becomes the reason for a major loss . E.g. Djokovic losing to Fed in RG2011 Semis. Fognini withdrew from the QF and this Extra Rest becomes the excuse.

On another occasion when there is little lack of extra days, this becomes the excuse for the loss. E.g. In RG 2015 semis, when Both semis start at the SAME time, the next day they only play for about an hour . But this lack of extra rest is the reason for the loss in the finals.

2. Nadal as Djokovic's Opponent: On one occasion when when looking at who has the tougher draw, Nadal is mighty opponent to have in the path. Eg. Nadal at RG QF.

And when the discussion is about Can Djokovic beat Nadal to prevent him winning RGs, the same blinkered fans write " A fit Nole is Nadal’s nightmare." 

So Nadal is made both an easy and tough opponent as and when it suits their argument. Bah!!

You could fill a book with this sort of thing. 

That French Open thing with Fognini afforded me the richest seam of WUM material for socal ever. It was something I could return to any time and be absolutely certain I'd get a massive bite.

Been missing him this last year or so as it happens.....  Big Grin Cool

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:47 pm

|socal came to post here a few times for a while....but then disappeared again.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:46 pm

luvsports! wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:

Yes that was in 2013 after the Novak Rafa epic.
Yes, the Frenchies were naturally trying to give Tsonga an advantage by scheduling him first, they didn’t expect him to lose to Stan.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:13 pm

bogbrush wrote:

That French Open thing with Fognini afforded me the richest seam of WUM material for socal ever. It was something I could return to any time and be absolutely certain I'd get a massive bite.

I remember that one. Laugh

When Fognini gave Nole the w/o I thought: great, he’ll have extra day of rest.
Only when he lost to Fed did I realise it may have affected his nerves.

I don’t think there was any conspiracy there.

Any player should love wo-ers for extra rest.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:22 pm

bogbrush wrote:

But is the biggest word I know in a sporting debate when discussing achievements Winking

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:25 pm

In retrospect, I wish Fed had lost that match. I would have fancied Djoko's chances as I don't think he lost a single match that year v Nadal.

Federer with his new frame would have beaten Nadal convincingly.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:41 pm

Tenez wrote:In retrospect, I wish Fed had lost that match. I would have fancied Djoko's chances as I don't think he lost a single match that year v Nadal.

Federer with his new frame would have beaten Nadal convincingly.
Stil it was one awesome plus super historic match. (yes, I know you disagree...)
Fed was desperate to show he was The Eternal number one...remember his finger wagging post match?

I was really distressed. Wah / Laugh

And I just remembered why I was annoyed with Fognini!!! Grr

It was because his w/o didn’t count as a win for Nole hence he never broke Mac’s number of unbeaten matches, The Streak.

Also that moron Tipsarevic did the same earlier that year in Serbian Open.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:20 pm

I have been lucky - my wife used to work for a company that did a lot of business for Wimbledon, so we could get tickets quite easily, pretty much every year in fact as I have already said...

barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:06 pm

I only saw Nole’s semi and final this AO (and a few games vs Medved)....and seeing this clip just now made me realise what a great player he has become.

Well done, Nole! Applause

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:36 pm

A bit of well overdue TLC for the one and only Nole! love

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum