Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 15 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 15 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 15 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 15 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 15 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 15 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 15 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 15 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 15 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club

+17
AceofDeath
Veejay
raiders_of_the_lost_ark
Daniel
gallery play
Polly 81
Autumnleaf
wildflower
novak143
N2D2L
BlueClay
Tenez
SayonaRa
legendkillar
paulcz
luvsports!
noleisthebest
21 posters

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 15 Empty Re: NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club

Post by noleisthebest Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:57 pm

legendkillar wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:Quoting Swiss Blick, Serbian media are reporting Nole’s had a minor elbow surgery in Basel!!!

https://www.blick.ch/sport/tennis/atp/probleme-mit-der-rechten-hand-djokovic-in-muttenz-operiert-id7925345.html

Wonder what that will mean in terms of recovery. Will he be fit for the Clay swing??
Nole is opposite to Nadal when it comes to injuries, he keeps his cards super close to his chest (and rightly so).

I’d love to see him play asap and hope he’ll be reqdy for clay...though the head tells me Wimbledon.

Clay is very physical and I am not sure he would want to test his elbow through that.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 15 Empty Re: NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club

Post by noleisthebest Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:00 pm

Tenez wrote:What's bizarre is that I thought Djoko's shots were better in that AO that I ever saw him play. His serve was really his problems, which of course can be a real problem for the elbow.

I think he made the most of the period he played (though Nadal made even more of it).

I'll try to discribed what period in this in another thread. But there is a reason why those guys (3 RRunners) but also other fit players were so successful/consistent and that this period is about to end for them.
I think Agassi infulenced him with hitting the ball flatter.

Im the past, Nole was stubborn with his wristy spin just like Fed with his smaller racquet.

He should have switched to flatter hitting and sparing his arm (wrist and elbow) much earlier...I was going on about it for years..but I also kind of understand his logic, too - you don’t change the winning combination.

But he is paying for it now.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:35 pm

barrystar wrote:nitb's comment that Djoko needs to be loved by everyone looks very perceptive to me.  

I really like the way he conducts himself as a player on Court, he can be gracious in defeat in particular (after his two slam final losses to Andy he was impressive), and appreciative of good play by his opponents.  I thought he fitted #1 well too.  However, there is often a feeling of awkwardness, that he's trying too hard away from the pure tennis side of things.  Maybe there's a bit of a chip on the shoulder somewhere, perhaps inherited from his parents whose behaviour has been rather bumptious at times?  I cannot pretend to know.  Also, it is true he got off to a very bad start with his fellow pros due to his use (misuse?) of MTO's when he was younger.  He seems to be respected not so much liked by many of his peers - a tendency to want to be liked too much can lead to being mistrusted because people aren't sure where you are really coming from.

If he gets healthy in body and mind I'm confident he'll start winning again - but the elbow is a tough place to have problems, a lot of 'stuff' needs to channel through the elbow of a tennis player and  there cannot be much room for doubt in it's capacity.

He is a bit of a character...not 1d Nadal, for sure.

The urge to entertain, please, imitate...it’s transcends the old-fashioned need for a clap/love.

I think he is quite a finely tuned mind, a curious one...who simply did not land on the most fertile soil like Federer...so he is now a wandering spirit, whose only root is Serbia and her love he feeds on richly.

At the same time he is a playful child and a lonely ravenous wolf.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:47 am

legendkillar wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:Quoting Swiss Blick, Serbian media are reporting Nole’s had a minor elbow surgery in Basel!!!

https://www.blick.ch/sport/tennis/atp/probleme-mit-der-rechten-hand-djokovic-in-muttenz-operiert-id7925345.html

Wonder what that will mean in terms of recovery. Will he be fit for the Clay swing??
From what I’ve gathered, the surgery i volved removing a small piece of floating cartilige causing irritation and inflamation.

If that’s the case, Nole should be back and hopefully pain-free within 6 weeks at the latest, I reckon.

In the nick of time! Winking

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:57 am

noleisthebest wrote:
legendkillar wrote:

From what I’ve gathered, the surgery i volved removing a small piece of floating cartilige causing irritation and inflamation.

If that’s the case, Nole should be back and hopefully pain-free within 6 weeks at the latest, I reckon.

I had surgery like that in my knee - it made a huge difference and, once I regained confidence in the knee (which took a while) we are now as right as rain. That's good news if true.

barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:32 pm

Bit of a Joke this Djoko, 3 days ago operation, today he is training, one does not know what to trust from this deluded out of this planet faker. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Be04X5_jkde/?utm_source=ig_embed

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:59 pm

Jahu wrote:Bit of a Joke this Djoko, 3 days ago operation, today he is training, one does not know what to trust from this deluded out of this planet faker. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Be04X5_jkde/?utm_source=ig_embed

It's funny. This exercise, on the clip you posted, is so much the base of his game.Trying to develop robotic power from both wings at the detriment of guile and imagination.

Where would tennis be without Federer?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:02 pm

Yeah, DJoko just being a Nadal 3.0 with stronger lungs, now with no muscles but lets see how it goes. I think all this medical crap is a cover for his mental side.

Without Federer, tennis would be in hands of Edmunds and Cilic  Laugh

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:38 am

As he’s now exceedingly unlikely to reach 20 Slams I have ordained his only purpose in life to be to block Nadal from winning any more French Opens.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:39 am

barrystar wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
legendkillar wrote:

I had surgery like that in my knee - it made a huge difference and, once I regained confidence in the knee (which took a while) we are now as right as rain. That's good news if true.
Two years arsing about for that?

I’m sceptical.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:18 am

I am not sceptical.
His losses in 2016 and 2017, the way he played and was serving are very consistent with an elbow injury.

He was winning non-stop in 2015-16 when he held all 4 slams (which btw is a collossal achievement)....something had to give, simple wear and tear from all those matches week in week out.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:24 am

bogbrush wrote:As he’s now exceedingly unlikely to reach 20 Slams I have ordained his only purpose in life to be to block Nadal from winning any more French Opens.

Can he do it? Absolute fitness is what often gives the edge to the road-runners in a lot of matches bailing them out. How well can that elbow get, its to be seen.

He has no aura of invincibility and there are others who can match the running. His ranking is down so he would need to pass a tough road to get to success.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:37 am

Aura of invincibility can quickly return....if he becomes invincible again.

I don't know how much that elbow affected him but he has done well for someone having an elbow problem...but of course we know that his legs/court speed is his real strength.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:38 am

bogbrush wrote:As he’s now exceedingly unlikely to reach 20 Slams I have ordained his only purpose in life to be to block Nadal from winning any more French Opens.

There are some wildcards out there who might find a Sodeling-esq bit of inspiration Winking

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:45 am

Funny - I was watching a short of Sod Nadal FO09 earlier...and frankly, Nadal had no issue at all physically at least for 3 sets, then you see him tire but so does Soderling.

The difference between that match and other matches they have had is that a handful of key points went Sod's way instead of Nadal's.

I however think there was something dodgy about Nadal taking a 6 months break after that defeat. Maybe because it was the first and only time teh French anti-doping agency was given the right to test blood during the tournament?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:46 am

legendkillar wrote:

There are some wildcards out there who might find a Sodeling-esq bit of inspiration Winking
Nole beat Nadal in straight sets in RG QF in 2014, the earlier they meet, the easier it is, so ranking may not be the problem at all.

Though those draw riggers may have different idea...I am sick already! Grr

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:51 am

Tenez wrote:Funny - I was watching a short of Sod Nadal FO09 earlier...and frankly, Nadal had no issue at all physically at least for 3 sets, then you see him tire but so does Soderling.

The difference between that match and other matches they have had is that a handful of key points went Sod's way instead of Nadal's.

I however think there was something dodgy about Nadal taking a 6 months break after that defeat. Maybe because it was the first and only time teh French anti-doping agency was given the right to test blood during the tournament?

I remember watching that match and Soderling just totally redlined him. That and Wawrinka's overcoming of Djokovic's being the only times I've seen brute force win out.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:54 am

noleisthebest wrote:
legendkillar wrote:

Nole beat Nadal in straight sets in RG QF in 2014, the earlier they meet, the easier it is, so ranking may not be the problem at all.

Though those draw riggers may have different idea...I am sick already! Grr

But there isn't a Djokovic esq player on tour at the moment that can suck the life out of Nadal. 

It's why I feel it would need to be someone with explosive power and a purple patch to deny him more FO's.

Don't know if a rigged draw is now an issue with such a depleted field. Assuming Federer is going to miss the FO, who really will stand in Nadal's way?? A fit Delpo perhaps.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:12 am

legendkillar wrote:...at the moment that can suck the life out of Nadal. 

It's why I feel it would need to be someone with explosive power and a purple patch to deny him more FO's.

Don't know if a rigged draw is now an issue with such a depleted field. Assuming Federer is going to miss the FO, who really will stand in Nadal's way?? A fit Delpo perhaps.

Every draw that has a fit Nole in the opposite half from Nadal is rigged.

I saw an interesting stat that Nadal usually gets given physically smaller players in first rounds, and that was the case in AO for sure - Dzumhur etc...

My favourite was when Darcis beat him in straight sets in Wimbledon in R1. Singlehandedly.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:13 am

legendkillar wrote:
Tenez wrote:Funny - I was watching a short of Sod Nadal FO09 earlier...and frankly, Nadal had no issue at all physically at least for 3 sets, then you see him tire but so does Soderling.

I remember watching that match and Soderling just totally redlined him. That and Wawrinka's overcoming of Djokovic's being the only times I've seen brute force win out.
I don’t think Stan would’ve won that match had Nole had a day of rest before the final.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:19 am

noleisthebest wrote:
legendkillar wrote:

I don’t think Stan would’ve won that match had Nole had a day of rest before the final.

Arguable. I like to think Stan's shots made Djoko tired, like in their USO final. It's very demanding to have to run at Stan's shots pace. But also, it's Djoko's problem if he had to battle it out v Murray.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:23 am

Well...Djoko evrn though he was a number one had a draw from hell (unlike Stan).
He had to beat Nadal in the QF and probably got emotionally drained there a bit.
Then the next best physical player - Murray, and he was scheduled his SF match last that day, deliberately so he could not finish the same day.

You can’t expect a player to dismiss someone like Murray in the semi over three easy sets.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:48 am

noleisthebest wrote:

I saw an interesting stat that Nadal usually gets given physically smaller players in first rounds, and that was the case in AO for sure - Dzumhur etc...

My favourite was when Darcis beat him in straight sets in Wimbledon in R1. Singlehandedly.

Even now I am not so sure if Djokovic can beat Nadal on Clay, because I am not sure if Nadal carries that baggage of being routinely beaten by him. 

Hence why I find it a struggle to see anyone who will stop him. I did think Thiem could until last year! Sad

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:50 am

noleisthebest wrote:
legendkillar wrote:

I dunno on that front. Stan was in beast mode for the AO definitely, the FO and USO I would probably agree not Novak at his best. But yeah the FO09 and AO14 where I think brute force won out.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:00 pm

It's a pity Federer can't enter the French without a ranking and draw Nadal in the 1st round, it's the only way I think he had a shot.

I suspect Djokovic's fitness for running forever is fine and his only issue is the elbow. If he's cured that then I genuinely expect him to return to #1 and be a threat everywhere.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:31 pm

legendkillar wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:

Even now I am not so sure if Djokovic can beat Nadal on Clay, because I am not sure if Nadal carries that baggage of being routinely beaten by him. 

Hence why I find it a struggle to see anyone who will stop him. I did think Thiem could until last year! Sad

Nadal is physically tough to beat on clay. But frankly I think 3 or 4 players can. For those who have power from both sides...it can be quite easy.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:32 pm

Djoko sucks, just a reminder, no worries Nadal will never win a GS again, so stop you lot spreading Love for Djoko in hope he can stop Nadal, he cant, Nadal is done.

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:34 pm

bogbrush wrote:It's a pity Federer can't enter the French without a ranking and draw Nadal in the 1st round, it's the only way I think he had a shot.

Ah...so you agree he tires quickly nowadays?

I also agree Fed would beat anyone on teh day on any surface nowadays....just doing it at the end of a tournament....much less likely, especially v those RRs.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:01 pm

Tenez wrote:
legendkillar wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:

Nadal is physically tough to beat on clay. But frankly I think 3 or 4 players can. For those who have power from both sides...it can be quite easy.

Currently in short supply. Who is there really? It's onsong Delpo, Tsonga or Foggo? They are rarer blue moon solar eclipse! Especially on Clay.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:16 pm

You will be surprised.....Wait for the clay season! I cannot be wrong 13 times in a row when it comes to Nadal on clay! Winking

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:24 pm

I would be if such an event came to pass!

Your only hope would be injury as I see that as the only thing this year that can beat him at the FO.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:26 pm

Nope - I am hoping the youngsters are going to take over there too. Chung and Zvevev coudl do lots of damage. But also Nishi, Delpo as you mentioned.

I am prepared to bet against Nadal winning the FO!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:38 pm

That's a rich bet! 

I'd love to have your optimism. I see nothing but another Nadal FO.

Happily be proven wrong. Winking

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:47 pm

Formula for Nadal winning anther RG:
Big balls
midget lightweight players (but not Schwarzman) in week one, preferably SBH-ers or coming back from injury

If fit - Shapo, Fognini far away from him in the draw...or like in AO, all the talent squashed in quarter, again, not Nadal’s.

If fit, Nole very far away from Nadal in draw...and with a horrible, draining draw himself, players a la Delpo in R1 etc....

That’s how Nadal wins ths RG.

Of course no time violations.

Only when he is 5:1 up etc....

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:49 pm

Jahu wrote:Djoko sucks, just a reminder, no worries Nadal will never win a GS again, so stop you lot spreading Love for Djoko in hope he can stop Nadal, he cant, Nadal is done.
Why is Nadal done?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:50 pm

legendkillar wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:

A fit Nole is Nadal’s nightmare.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:23 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Jahu wrote:Djoko sucks, just a reminder, no worries Nadal will never win a GS again, so stop you lot spreading Love for Djoko in hope he can stop Nadal, he cant, Nadal is done.
Why is Nadal done?

He knows he can't reach and bypass 20 of Feds, it will crush his black soul now, his body is on last legs. Now a fit Djoko would take another 2-3 slams if he would get to 90% of his level.

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:49 pm

Tenez wrote:
bogbrush wrote:It's a pity Federer can't enter the French without a ranking and draw Nadal in the 1st round, it's the only way I think he had a shot.

Ah...so you agree he tires quickly nowadays?

I also agree Fed would beat anyone on teh day on any surface nowadays....just doing it at the end of a tournament....much less likely, especially v those RRs.
On clay v Nadal, he did that when he was 25.

In Hopman Cup after a set.... no.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:36 pm

legendkillar wrote:That's a rich bet! 

I'd love to have your optimism. I see nothing but another Nadal FO.

Happily be proven wrong. Winking

He won't go on forever, and he's been beaten twice there.  He isn't unbeatable and he's getting older.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:37 am

This morning, Serbian media showing Nole’s latest instagram post:

“No wonder we need rehab now”

https://www.instagram.com/p/Be31sFDjtwH/?hl=en&taken-by=djokernole

Is it a prod/warning shot at Nadal?
Reminding himself of his glory days?
Or just a blast from the past kind of post?

Very interesting...

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:16 pm

Yeah, no wonder. Imagine if only they had the game to close points out rapidly? They could be playing at a great level into their late 30's.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:46 pm

You say that, but can you really see eg, Stan playing when he is 37?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:52 pm

Imagine if only they had the game to close points out rapidly? They could be playing at a great level into their late 30's.
≠===========
But neither would have ever won a slam and Nadal would even struggle to be ranked in the top 50s

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:48 pm

With a bt of patina, the AO12 final is beginning to look epic in its own right.

I don’t think we’ll ever get to see anything like it again.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:36 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Well...Djoko evrn though he was a number one had a draw from hell (unlike Stan).
He had to beat Nadal in the QF and probably got emotionally drained there a bit.
Then the next best physical player - Murray, and he was scheduled his SF match last that day, deliberately so he could not finish the same day.

You can’t expect a player to dismiss someone like Murray in the semi over three easy sets.

Unbelievable that you are still trying find a flaw in Stan's 2015 RG win by trying to build excuses. But none of them are valid. So get over it. It was the most flawless power-hitting in a slam win.

Murray, and he was scheduled his SF match last that day, deliberately so he could not finish the same day.

IIRC In RG both semis start exactly at the same time at philippe chatrier and court suzanne lenglen. Not one after the other.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:16 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:Well...Djoko evrn though he was a number one had a draw from hell (unlike Stan).

Unbelievable that you are still trying find a flaw in Stan's 2015 RG win by trying to build excuses. But none of them are valid. So get over it. It was the most flawless power-hitting in a slam win.
I know you are Stan fanboy rotla, but Stan had a huge advantage of a day’s rest.
He also had a much easier path/draw to the final than Nole.

Those are the facts.

Would Stan have beaten Nadal there in the QF straight sets?
I don’t think so.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:
IIRC In RG both semis start exactly at the same time at philippe chatrier and court suzanne lenglen. Not one after the other.
Bottom line was, Nole-Murray match was stopped after three sets due to darkness and oncoming storm.

Stan-Tsonga played four very long and close sets and finished on the same day, so they can’t have started at the same time.

You can check the match length for both if you like.

Noone is disputing Stan’s win, but truth has to be said about unfair scheduling Nole has been having for years.

And that was one example.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:16 am

The "Had a rest" excuse is one of the most common and lame. Stan destroyed him.  And twice (US Open2016).  He netted me a nice win twice.

Truth is, Nadal and Djok have no B game.  No strategy.  When they come up against a player in-form player with half a brain, they are generally in the shit.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:34 am

Daniel wrote:The "Had a rest" excuse is one of the most common and lame. Stan destroyed him.  And twice (US Open2016).  He netted me a nice win twice.

Their H2H tells a very different story, Daniel.

And I know Stan dedtroyed him on that day, but I think he wouldn’t have had Nole had a day of rest.
Daniel wrote:
Truth is, Nadal and Djok have no B game.  No strategy.  When they come up against a player in-form player with half a brain, they are generally in the shit.
Nadal and Nole are very different players.

Ask Federer.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:38 am

Tenez wrote:Imagine if only they had the game to close points out rapidly? They could be playing at a great level into their late 30's.
≠===========
But neither would have ever won a slam and Nadal would even struggle to be ranked in the top 50s
Well, if they had the game to they would.

But they don’t.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:41 am

Lets see what kind of reasoning some blinkered fans bring here. The same point twisted as and when required to suit their argument. They are so blinded, they don't even see what they write is paradox.

1. Extra day(s) rest: One 1 occasion this  extra day or days of rest becomes the reason for a major loss . E.g. Djokovic losing to Fed in RG2011 Semis. Fognini withdrew from the QF and this Extra Rest becomes the excuse.

On another occasion when there is little lack of extra days, this becomes the excuse for the loss. E.g. In RG 2015 semis, when Both semis start at the SAME time, the next day they only play for about an hour . But this lack of extra rest is the reason for the loss in the finals.

2. Nadal as Djokovic's Opponent: On one occasion when when looking at who has the tougher draw, Nadal is mighty opponent to have in the path. Eg. Nadal at RG QF.

And when the discussion is about Can Djokovic beat Nadal to prevent him winning RGs, the same blinkered fans write " A fit Nole is Nadal’s nightmare." 

So Nadal is made both an easy and tough opponent as and when it suits their argument. Bah!!

I can bring a lot more points, but it don't think its required right now.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next