Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 13 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 13 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 13 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 13 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 13 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 13 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 13 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 13 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club

+17
AceofDeath
Veejay
raiders_of_the_lost_ark
Daniel
gallery play
Polly 81
Autumnleaf
wildflower
novak143
N2D2L
BlueClay
Tenez
SayonaRa
legendkillar
paulcz
luvsports!
noleisthebest
21 posters

Page 13 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 13 Empty Re: NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club

Post by paulcz Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:40 am

FedererKing wrote:Wawrinka has just killed Djokovic at French Open with one...  so it can be done.  Also, Federer's backhand was much better in his prime.  It's a complete liability these days.

Edit.

And you are telling us this Djokovic is the bestest ever.  So how did a one handed player beat this Terminator?

Everybody can be beaten one day and under certain circumstances, but this Nole’s loss was not so much surprising as it seems to be. Of course the reasons don’t come from one player but from both of them.There were these three  reasons why that happened as I could see them:

- Nole’s immensely tough matches before the final – mentally and physically. First  Nadal and then Murray playing in his best clay season were just the worst draw before final. His prolonged match with Murray to Saturday took a lot out of him

- Nole’s position as a favorite in the final

- Stan had nothing to lose

Nole started the final quite well and took the first set, then Stan started playing more freely and Nole digged himself into defence and that was the key of his loss. He had no mental strength nor energy to turn around the course of that final. He was quite close, but still far from the win. Nerves tied his  body and he just couldn’t switch his game into an active mode.

I stopped watching the final at the beginning of the third set and knew that there was  practically no chance to make a turnaround in this final. Even if Stan is my the second favorite player, it was a real sore look at the man, who was totally drained and had no mental strength to turn around the match and just hanged there at the back court and relied on Stan’s errors.

Credit to Stan, that he finished his great job without hesitation. Stan  took his chance and as the outsider he managed to get himself into  his ultra  fighting mode and by a help of his powerful projectiles and a new winning mentality won it.  Fortunately it was Stan and no one else. Stan had some luck due to Nole’s draw and also due to his underestimated position in the final and vice versa a high expectation from Novak. Handling such a  situation is really enormous task for everybody, even for Terminators.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 13 Empty Re: NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club

Post by Daniel Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:29 pm

Tenez wrote:
FedererKing wrote:

Players don't improve in their 30s.  They physically decline (and so does reaction speed) and this is a scientific fact.  I don't think you'll find one professional trainer who disagrees.

It really doesn't matter what you think.  The professionals don't agree with you on the whole and Djokovic won't equal or beat 17 Slams.

Is this a disguised admission of your defeat? You started with peaking being between 24/25....then 26/7 ....now you say 30?

No, it's not.  As I have repeatedly said, physical decline begins around the mid 20s (some will even say it begins earlier, but is very hard to see any effect).  Saying that a player does not improve in the 30s in no way negates the previous assertion. Nearly all players lose more and play worse from around 27/28+ in tennis (statistical fact).  You can look at the ages of Slam winners again if you want - the vast majority of winners are younger than 28.  I have been consistent on this.  There are some exceptions, mainly Agassi, but that's about it.  Very few players win multiple Slams after 27, and fewer still win any slam at all in their 30s.  The decline is rapid. From 30-35 has a much faster and more devastating effect than it does from 25-30.  But both are hugely significant at the top levels of tennis, where a step slower can mean the difference between a loss and a win.  I have also noted to you numerous times that it isn't just speed, stamina and overall health that are affected - it's hand-eye coordination too, among a ton of other things.

You won't win the argument by nitpicking semantics.  That's just desperate.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:44 pm

I look forward to your explanation of how Djokovic losing more to all and sundry in the coming years is all because the field has "caught up".  Because that's what is bound to happen in the next year or two.

Or do you think Djokovic will be winning Slams from now until he is 34?

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:47 pm

FedererKing wrote:I look forward to your explanation of how Djokovic losing more to all and sundry in the coming years is all because the field has "caught up".  Because that's what is bound to happen in the next year or two.

Federer is the exceptional player and I do not expect that another player can play tennis at such a high level at his current age. Federer is a natural classic net player, which helps him to save his energy and body.

As I said in regard to current competition Novak looks to be competitive for GS titles for about a couple years in case that he is injury free. But nobody knows what can happen, only tiny health problem can change things dramatically. I would wish him to add a couple of GS and have him around as long as possible.

Novak has a big advantage as he gives a lot of time to his body preparation and fitness, that will help him a lot in the future.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:59 pm

FedererKing wrote:I look forward to your explanation of how Djokovic losing more to all and sundry in the coming years is all because the field has "caught up".  Because that's what is bound to happen in the next year or two.

Nole is and will always be highly motivated/ambitious.

I think he has two clear years of easy slam winning ahead of him as only Federer is able to challenge/outplay him.

Because he is also hard-working, he will keep improving, esp his timing. We have already seen a big difference in the last two years.

I expect that to continue until he retires.

These the things he can control.

Things he can't control are unexpected injuries, playing conditions and competition.

It won't take much to beat him once some younger, talented players improve their stamina as well as timing.

We only need someone with easy, good FH and cool competitive mind. Especially if things get faster.

There are several candidates.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:18 pm

paulcz wrote:

Federer is the exceptional player and I do not expect that another player can play tennis at such a high level at his current age. Federer is a natural classic net player, which helps him to save his energy and body.

As I said in regard to current competition Novak looks to be competitive for GS titles for about a couple years in case that he is injury free. But nobody knows what can happen, only tiny health problem can change things dramatically. I would wish him to add a couple of GS and have him around as long as possible.

Novak has a big advantage as he gives a lot of time to his body  preparation and fitness, that will help him a lot in the future.

That was to Tenez.  I think most people realize that Fed is a one-off.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:07 pm

Djoko...giving us a lesson on how to play..... Laugh

We want to know how you run!....your shots you can keep them for yourself!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:02 pm

Oooh, I like that clip!
Where did you find it? It's pretty old, at least 5-6 years.

Looking at his legs when he imitates McEnroe in the short shorts, you can see how lean and light he is.
You can't expect thunderthighs like Berdych & co to fly around like him!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:18 pm

it was on my youtube page......some cookies noticed that I like tennis. Winking

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:50 pm

Congrats to Novak, well done job Applause
6th won Master title within one season is not bad achievement. Hopefully he will not blind his eye by won trophy.
Murray tried, kept his nerves as possible, but no chance to win it. Novak is just better player and Murray knows it.

So, still one remains, Nole idemo in London Magic

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:08 pm

He, he - it's:

"Idemo u London." (To London)
...or
"Idemo na London." (To conquer London)

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:53 pm

noleisthebest wrote:He, he - it's:

"Idemo u London." (To London)
...or
"Idemo na London." (To conquer London)

Nole's  win in London would be really sweet and I am really looking forward to see it and Nole likes playing there.

So Nole, idemo na London Big Grin   We say in Czech, Let's go na beer

Not bad this season for Nole. Just wish him staying healthy, now at the end of the season needs to be more carfeful.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:57 am

You mean: Idemo na pivo! Beer

Yes, agree he is the favourite in O2, just looks so relaxed and happy within himself. And the court there is slow, so perfect for him.
Tennis and all that aside, he finally managed to settle emotionally with his marriage and the baby.
He is not alone and in wilderness any more even on a court when 200000 people cheer against him.
I am really happy for him because of that.

So, he doesn't need me any more. Winking

I have done my bit, and now can relax and be  a "normal" tennis fan seeing him just as another tennis player and judging him through the cold prism of my eye, not the irrational patriotic fervour any more.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:02 pm

noleisthebest wrote:You mean: Idemo na pivo! Beer

Yes, agree he is the favourite in O2, just looks so relaxed and happy within himself. And the court there is slow, so perfect for him.
Tennis and all that aside, he finally managed to settle emotionally with his marriage and the baby.
He is not alone and in wilderness any more even on a court when 200000 people cheer against him.
I am really happy for him because of that.

So, he doesn't need me any more. Winking

I have done my bit, and now can relax and be  a "normal" tennis fan seeing him just as another tennis player and judging him through the cold prism of my eye, not the irrational patriotic fervour any more.

Yes Nitb, nearly perfect, only instead Idemo we say "jdeme na pivo" Winking

I always try to look at tennis as at other things as if from the distance. I need to laugh many times how far are some fans able to go to big up their idols. The more idolization the more are blind.

I really enjoy how Novak has improved his game and how he behaves on and off the courts this year. I only wish him to stay healthy, everything else he holds in his hands.

Boris was a really good choice Winking

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:32 pm

paulcz wrote:
Yes Nitb, nearly perfect, only instead Idemo we say "jdeme na pivo" Winking

I always try to look at tennis as at other things as if from the distance. I need to laugh many times how far are some fans able to go to big up their idols. The more idolization the more are blind.

I really enjoy how Novak has improved his game and how he behaves on and  off the courts this year. I only wish him to stay healthy, everything else he holds in his hands.

Boris was a really good choice Winking  
I told you, but you all thought he was awful for him.

Some of Boris's steeliness has rubbed off of Nole.
He does not have any more of those wobbles and mid match slips.

Anyway...next step is to teach him how to relax that FH and start swinging it from the hips!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:38 pm

You';ve said at times he should get rid of Boris. I remember you said so after the FO.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:57 pm

Great win for Nole and brilliant job,  well done Magic  Commiserations to Fed's fan.  Nole showed what an awesome player he has become lately. But he has still some things to work on and sharpen them.

What a great year for Nole and hopefully not last that succesful. He has all cards in his hands, just to stay healthy.

Happy birthday to his great coach, Boris  Thumbs Up
His team settled down really brilliantly.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:12 pm

Great and important win for Nole to get 11th GS. He equals Borg and thereby got closer to tennis legends. Big thanks to Boris, who contributed to improve Novak's game and toughned his mentality.

Murray showed improvement on his serve and his overal more aggressive approach was the best since Lendl's time.

Well done job and really happy for Novak's performance Bubbly

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:33 pm

When a professional player can't beat someone with 100 unforced errors, it isn't a good sign for the game. But Djok can only beat who is put in front of him - and in this transitional period, he's capitalizing and playing mostly consistent and very solid.  My problem is he isn't being punished by anyone even when he has a lapse.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:34 pm

Do you know what is an UE when you have ran a few 100m at full speed and you are facing a player who retrieve anything back?

How many UEs was federer pulling whe facing Nadal in 2006? DO you wish to have a look at the FO05 final again? F06 maybe or FO 2007, FO 2008 if you prefere.....

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:31 pm

Quite interesting article from Stepanek about his good relationship with Novak.
Stepanek says, it is a big honor to be close to Novak as the best player and not only for his player’s quality, but also as a human being.
Novak is a normal man even though it looks he is invincible on the court. But how he practices and thinks about tennis, it is no wonder where he is.
Step was a sparring partner before Novak’s matches with Federer and Murray and tried to play their similar game, so he has his share on Novak’s win as well. Novak’s dominance is unprecedented and to find a weakness in his game nearly impossible. Bloody unbelievably good on the court, I had a feeling that not that Novak is chasing a ball but the ball looks for Novak. His geniality is in the game anticipation. All members of his team breathe for Novak and Novak gives his maximum on the court.
Boris is enormously competitive in all games, e.g. at snooker. When he is losing he tries to throw his opponents away by his twaddle.
Stepanek was also with Novak at cinema and sit on his bench in the finale, but needed to leave before the third set to the airport.
Nice reading and very positive response from Step.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:02 pm

Hi Paul,

good to see you enjoy Nole's winnng times.

He's worked very hard and had a path tougher than most, so I am happy for him.

But I must say I don't enjoy this circus now...including Stepanek' sudden praising...they've known each other for 10 years...but that's what media want to hear...a cheap story about someone at the top.

I enjoyed Nole-Step in Wimbledon last year, though.

Step is fun of life and this spriteful, mischievous spirit and it shows in the way he plays.

Berd played well in Australia. I can't put my finger on what exactly he improved, maybe it was the faster court that helped him, he looked like moved a bit more smoothly and naturally.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:40 am

Hi Nitb, I really enjoy these times and hopefully it will go on for a while.
Step has always been a bit wacky man and now when he is on the edge of his single tennis career he just let out a bit more about Novak. I also think that there is a bit of reconciliation behind DC semi incident with Novak's buddy Janko and that is good gesture to hear some positives from him.
Step knows Marian Vajda pretty well and was asked by Marian to spar with Novak at AO. Who would refuse it.

Re Berdych's good performance at AO, don't laugh too much, but Berd as well Step are on glutein free diet.
So, there must be something in it.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:38 am

paulcz wrote:Great and important win for Nole to get 11th GS. He equals Borg and thereby got closer to tennis legends. Big thanks to Boris, who contributed to improve Novak's game and toughned his mentality.
Murray showed improvement on his serve and his overal more aggressive approach was the best since Lendl's time.
Well done job  and really happy for Novak's performance  Bubbly
Yes, Boris helped a lot.
I knew what he could bring to the table from the very start which is why I thought he was a good choice.

Nole was very emotional, he allowed emotions to shake his focus. They almost destroyed him.
Not any more, not ever again.

That is his biggest victory of all.

...and he could not have done it without Boris (however unpleasant and ugly Boris as a person indpendent of Nole may be, but that's an irrelevant story here. God moves in mysterious ways.)

Tennis is just a natural consequence of what goes on within us. Winking

I am now hoping for more.

I am hoping that Nole will one day loosen and open his shoulders. And fly like an albatross.

And I know he is going to win RG this year. 100%.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:25 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
paulcz wrote:Great and important win for Nole to get 11th GS. He equals Borg and thereby got closer to tennis legends. Big thanks to Boris, who contributed to improve Novak's game and toughned his mentality.
Well done job  and really happy for Novak's performance  Bubbly
Yes, Boris helped a lot.
I knew what he could bring to the table from the very start which is why I thought he was a good choice.

Nole was very emotional, he allowed emotions to shake his focus. They almost destroyed him.
Not any more, not ever again.

That is his biggest victory of all.

...and he could not have done it without Boris (however unpleasant and ugly Boris as a person indpendent of Nole may be, but that's an irrelevant story here. God moves in mysterious ways.)

Tennis is just a natural consequence of what goes on within us. Winking

I am now hoping for more.

I am hoping that Nole will one day loosen and open his shoulders. And fly like an albatross.

And I know he is going to win RG this year. 100%.

Very truthful view, quite agree. Boris was the best choice from all possible options and I believed so much in BB that I lost a bit patience at the beginning of their start. BB is the king of coaches.

Nole still does not play at his full potential and has worked hugely on his FH side recently, what he showed at AO. You know he is amazing fast and he plays what he needs. But his game in his two sets against Fed showed how he is able to play and surely it was not last time.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:53 pm

I disagree about Becker's choice. He is simply lucky to be working with elastic man. Djoko's strength is his fitness and becker has nothing to do with that.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:42 pm

I think Boris's main influence is on Nole's mind. Becker simply pruned the wild shoots.

He also helped him with the serve.

Of course you need good ingredients for a quality meal.

It will be very interesting to see what Ljubicic brings to Fed'a table.

I have no doubt he was hired to unlock Nole code.

It's the Germans vs the Slavs, and funnily in mixed doubles against each other!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:17 am

noleisthebest wrote:I think Boris's main influence is on Nole's mind. Becker simply pruned the wild shoots.

He also helped him with the serve.

Of course you need good ingredients for a quality meal.

It will be very interesting to see what Ljubicic brings to Fed'a table.

I have no doubt he was hired to unlock Nole code.

It's  the Germans vs the Slavs, and funnily in mixed doubles against each other!

Djoko's weak mind will resurface asa his fitness won't be good enough. As simple as that....and Becker won't be able to help him then.

he may have helped his serve....but even that I doubt it.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:33 am

"Djoko" never had a weak mind...just excess of emotion he's learnt to control.

It was not difficult at all in fact, but needed the right person to help.

Fitness and all that will get surpassed, but not just yet.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:02 pm

I have on the ground first hand news that Nole has been practicing hard every day ON CLAY in Belgrade.

Despite playing on fast Dubai courts next week. Winking

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:18 pm

noleisthebest wrote:I have on the ground first hand news that Nole has been practicing hard every day ON CLAY in Belgrade.

Despite playing on fast Dubai courts next week. Winking

I love his character, nothing is for free. I really wish him to do it.
We spoke with my friends that Step could do a sparing partner to Nole at RG as his single career is going to finish this year. By the way Step is dating with his ex-wife Nicol Vaidis again.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:35 pm

I know he will win it this year. Million per cent.

I can't go into details, I even know who he will beat in the final. It won't be Nadal and it won't be Stan.

I was planning to go there, but won't need to now.

Step and his love life.....Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 13 2355573927

I give up!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:27 pm

noleisthebest wrote:I know he will win it this year. Million per cent.

I can't go into details, I even know who he will beat in the final. It won't be Nadal and it won't be Stan.

I was planning to go there, but won't need to now.

Step and his love life.....Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 13 2355573927

I give up!

I rather stay closer to the ground. I also believe but you know nothing is for sure.
Step and Nicol are just two who found out in the end, that they can't live without each other, it is great, isn't it Winking

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:10 pm

Step seems to be the guy who can't resist a pretty face and has a way with these young Czech girls on WTA tour.

Probably gives them a bit of attention, and they're gone!

Then he gets bored of them as they are not as bright as they are good looking and that's the end...

Guys like him never mature.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:39 am

noleisthebest wrote:Step seems to be the guy who can't resist a pretty face and has a way with these young Czech girls on WTA tour.

Probably gives them a bit of attention, and they're gone!

Then he gets bored of them as they are not as bright as they are good looking and that's the end...

Guys like him never mature.

Your view not only on him is absolutely bright Rose

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:53 pm

Thank you, Paul.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumnleaf Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:32 pm

That's depressing, won't watch. Another dull tournament is just what we need! No alarms and no surprises please.

Terrible news for the sport which needs youngsters/ fresh faces to step up more than anything now.

Autumnleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:53 am

Autumnleaf wrote:

That's depressing, won't watch. Another dull tournament is just what we need! No alarms and no surprises please.

Terrible news for the sport which needs youngsters/ fresh faces to step up more than anything now.
RG has never been dull for me, not even when Nadal was winning it all the time.

It is a special tournament and very tough to win for anyone.
Clay tests to ultimate limits: heart, body, spirit...

Even the name the French gave it: terre batteu (beaten earth/ground) is so symbolic. Not to mention the colour.

Regardless of Nadal's superiority there and all that came with it, just look how long it took Federer to lift that trophy.
Sampras never did.

And then look at Nole's path there over the years...it started in 2006 when he faced Nadal for the very first time...and retired due to bad back.
And the famous, iconic clip: Nadal you are beatable!

And it took him nearly 10 years to actually DO it!!!!

He demolished Nadal in straight sets and I am so happy I was there. But the heart failed him in the final. The desire consumed him again.

I also saw him lose the final in 2014 against Nadal...

RG is a journey for a player, a wrestle against oneself more than anything, a road of perseverance and heart.

It requires so much!

Look how close he came so many times....and kept going.

I think it's beautiful and not dull. The French have recognised it in the last two years and gave him ovation bigger than to Stan and Nadal who were the actual winners.

So for me, this RG will be very special. It will be one magnificent win. love

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumnleaf Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:18 pm

I agree in general about clay, I was talking about the match fixing, you proposed - a major final no less. There's nothing beautiful about it and it's against every sense of fair play. I'd be outraged even if a player was benefitting I actually like.

Many players have failed to win certain majors although they tried (e.g. Lendl in Wimbledon, now Murray AO) and making any final of a major and losing is difficult. Less so for Djokovic who has won more than anyone else lately. Rooting for Djokovic to win RG is like rooting for Bill Gates to win the lottery. 

The French happily rooted against him during the match, they seemed quite pleased that he lost. Cheering him as a loser after they got the desired result, doesn't change that. Happy people have every reason to cheer.

Autumnleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:35 pm

I didn't imply/propose match-fixing.

My assurance comes from a different source (no, not black magic either Winking ).

As for the "cheering" bit, in big battles such as a RG final, the loser is as important as the winner.

Unless the loser is a complete villain and/or scumbag a la Kyrgios, every tennis fan will feel for him. It's natural.

Nole has always been very gracious in defeat, he is a genuinely humble guy.

French crowd felt his pain big time which is why they gave him this moving ovation. Nobody has ever received it before. Not even Federer.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:21 pm

Novak is the best combination of a player and a person I have ever experienced. Such a great heart is hardly to see in all popular individual sports. He has amazing career, a nice and intelligent woman, a healthy son and hopefully many successful years on courts ahead of him.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:17 pm

Congratulations to Nole for the great performance and winning 27th Master titles. His FH has really improved recently. Well done Thumbs Up
Milos without serve is a half player, but he also showed some good moments and his dedication to improve his game is visible as well.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:32 pm

Yo Paul!

Why are you only hiding in this thread?
If you are a Nole fan, you need to be a great defender and face everyone...and win!  Cool

Joking aside, yes, Nole has improved some of his FHs, mainly down the line, and I tnink he is generally showing a better feel on most shots.

His bread and butter percentage groundstrokes still look the same, just are struck with more pace and with lower net clearance.

When I was watching him in Wimbledon final - I noticed how much variety he has which does not come across on TV.

Especially on the BH which is his better shot.

Anyway, Boris is doing a good job.

I hope Nole will win RG this year. 

I just saw that clip from last year's ceremony ....gulp!

It was a perfect final with a fantastic winner and a fantastic loser.

Even the crowd was fantastic in the end Winking

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:57 pm

Hey Nitb, I hope that my mission is close to the end and I don’t think it is necessary to shout out these times. I really enjoy Novak’s success and have  fun to read some comments on forums.

There are much more pleasant things than winning childish and meaningless post run-ins.  Some  posters look like that their life lies on it, but definitely it is not your case. Keep my eyes open Winking

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:42 pm

Well done Nole and Masters has its a new king Magic
What an achievement and mission is not finished yet Winking

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:38 pm

I am very glad to finally see Nole free from all the anger he had been carrying inside him for years.

No more t-shirt ripping, no more being a clown.

For the first time, his celebrating leap was joyful, light and sunny.

That is his biggest win: to cruise blue skies free like an albatross. Bubbly

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:07 pm

noleisthebest wrote:I am very glad to finally see Nole free from all the anger he had been carrying inside him for years.

No more t-shirt ripping, no more being a clown.

For the first time, his celebrating leap was joyful, light and sunny.

That is his biggest win: to cruise blue skies free like an albatross. Bubbly

Nole grew up mentally and enjoys tennis nowadays. I would also mention BB, who helped him in this area. Nole and his team's spirit is just brilliant.

Btw really nice melody and a bit jealous of albatross Winking

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:21 pm

Yes, it's a funny relationship between Nole and BB, looks like they both needed each other.

Strange how such different characters cross paths and meet at an impossible point out of which both learn and grow.

They have sown/buried each other's anger and fear (Nole) and ego, unhealthy lifestyle  (BB) and out of two negatives created a positive - happy path.

As for envying the albatross...well the sky is free and anyone can fly in it.
But not many can overcome the fear of flying.

It is a great reward for the brave.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:37 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Yes, it's a funny relationship between Nole and BB, looks like they both needed each other.

Strange how such different characters cross paths and meet at an impossible point out of which both learn and grow.

They have sown/buried each other's anger and fear (Nole) and ego, unhealthy lifestyle  (BB) and out of two negatives created a positive - happy path.

As for envying the albatross...well the sky is free and anyone can fly in it.
But not many can overcome the fear of flying.

It is a great reward for the brave.

Sometimes partnership makes wonders. It was not the best kick-off from the beginning, but I still believed that this should work well and finally it brings very gravy fruits. Nole and the vid is spot on, nitb Peace Dove

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:48 pm

One side of Nole is still very naive, and I hope BB knocks it out of him asap!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next