Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 8 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 8 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 8 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 8 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 8 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 8 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 8 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 8 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club

+17
AceofDeath
Veejay
raiders_of_the_lost_ark
Daniel
gallery play
Polly 81
Autumnleaf
wildflower
novak143
N2D2L
BlueClay
Tenez
SayonaRa
legendkillar
paulcz
luvsports!
noleisthebest
21 posters

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 8 Empty Re: NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club

Post by Tenez Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:21 pm

paulcz wrote:I hope and wish a quick recovery to Nole's wrist, but from the watching the first set I could see that Nole didn't play well. He didn't play freely and focused, he played as if he was under a blanket, under a psychological cover. His focus just wasn't there and that wasn't due to his wrist. His performance was a quite contrast in a comparison with Miami.  The same was his match with Garcia-Lopez, but then he just could fight it out.
We can't definitely blame his wrist for that, but I do insist on my stand, Nole in effect loses  his mind under BB's coaching. I am maybe biased against BB, but Nole's performance says it clearly. I don't believe that Nole is able to win GS with BB on his bench and tend  to say that Fed/Stan would beat Nole even if he was fully healthy.
I would! If he is hurting, he is hurting. At this level it is very detrimental.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 8 Empty Re: NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club

Post by paulcz Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:29 am

Tenez wrote:
paulcz wrote:I hope and wish a quick recovery to Nole's wrist, but from the watching the first set I could see that Nole didn't play well. He didn't play freely and focused, he played as if he was under a blanket, under a psychological cover. His focus just wasn't there and that wasn't due to his wrist. His performance was a quite contrast in a comparison with Miami.  The same was his match with Garcia-Lopez, but then he just could fight it out.
We  can't definitely blame his wrist for that, but I do insist on my stand, Nole in effect loses  his mind under BB's coaching. I am maybe biased against BB, but Nole's performance says it clearly. I don't believe that Nole is able to win GS with BB on his bench and tend  to say that Fed/Stan would beat Nole even if he was fully healthy.
I would! If he is hurting, he is hurting. At this level it is very detrimental.

I think or hope that I can recognize when Nole doesn't play what he is able to play and when he is not focused on the game. At that point I can hopefully differ what an effect comes from injury and what goes from his unsettled mind. It is not easy to see, but due to the fact that I watch almost all Nole's matches for a long period can say that I know his game predictability well.
Of course that his wrist/arm played role in his performance. But the only question which relates to his match is, how much was his game effected by his njury and how much it was due to his flying mind. That is the topic. Despite here is no clear answer (can't never be), I need to point out the negative element of his game, which I could see in his game and was pretty visible from his last two matches in MC. That comes from his unsettled mind and worse focus on the game.

Let's go to play our game! As we often speak with my tennis friends, if we were children and knew about tennis what we know at the current, we would surely be within TOP20  Whistle 

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu May 08, 2014 9:41 am

According to his therapist Pavel Kolar (same one that was treating his ankle last year), it looks like Nole will be "ready" for Rome:

"He should be ready for Rome, that's the plan. The French Open should follow.
The treatment took place last week but we agreed he would resume training gradually, slowly, to avoid a recurrence.
Madrid was too early, he would have to start playing on clay which is far more demanding than other surfaces, you play more returns and more spins, straining your wrist, so we decided he would come back in Rome."

I don't think Nole will play in Rome.
He will probably turn up for PR purposes, as Nole loves Italia.
He may work a few practice sessions, appear on talk shows, maybe even play one or two matches, to test/assess the level of injury/recovery.
Anything else would be a costly mistake.

http://www.espn.co.uk/tennis/sport/story/305793.html

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu May 08, 2014 10:49 am

Interesting to read that it is indeed this wrist spinny shot of his that's doing the damage.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu May 08, 2014 11:29 pm

Tenez wrote:Interesting to read that it is indeed this wrist spinny shot of his that's doing the damage.  

Yes...you were right all these years...and I did change my mind after seeing it with my own eyes in Boodles.
That's why we love you, you have X-ray tennis eyes!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri May 09, 2014 12:44 am

Winking

As long as it allows him to beat Nadal with those...all is forgiven!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun May 11, 2014 10:09 am

Here is the interview Nole gave to B92 in Belgrade a few days ago.
Among many other things he says his chance of playing Rome is 95%, pending on the result of final sonar scan:

http://www.b92.net/sport/intervjui/intervjui.php?yyyy=2014&mm=05&nav_category=91&nav_id=845862

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun May 11, 2014 10:25 am

Important diary dates in Nole's 2014:

8th of June - RG final
Wedding in mid-July (in Sveti Stefan a beautiful jet-set little island in Montenegro)
http://www.kurir-info.rs/dokovic-se-zeni-u-julu-vencanje-na-svetom-stefanu-clanak-1361039
Baby arrival - end of October

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu May 15, 2014 11:06 am

Nole is ready for RG!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sun May 18, 2014 8:04 pm

Congrats to Nole for a good win. The match showed what a big difference is between these two players game wise. The ratio of winners 46:15 for Nole is absolutely striking. Has somebody done something of this sort against Nadal ? Surely not on the dirt.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun May 18, 2014 8:53 pm

Not for 3 sets but for 1 and 2 yes. Federer.

I guess the difference is that Nole can do it on every match.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun May 18, 2014 9:37 pm

Nadal: "I was able to find positive things during the tournament but I played three very tough matches this week and it was very hard mentally, as well as physically," said Nadal
"I was a little bit tired."
======
I must say there is probably some truth in that. He looked quite stiff today...but bizarely he played well in his short match yesterday.
And it's clear that without energy, his mental power is pretty weak!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon May 19, 2014 7:53 am

Tenez wrote:Nadal: "I was able to find positive things during the tournament but I played three very tough matches this week and it was very hard mentally, as well as physically," said Nadal
"I was a little bit tired."
======
I must say there is probably some truth in that. He looked quite stiff today...but bizarely he played well in his short match yesterday.
And it's clear that without energy, his mental power is pretty weak!

Knowing what he's put his body through over the years, although he is only 28, do you think he is beginning to struggle with recovery?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon May 19, 2014 8:08 am

As a Nole fan, I'll remember this Rome for the lovely ceremony.
For once, the mummified Lea Pericoli did not hassle him to imitate Nadal...

Nice choice of music (Chariots of Fire), and particularly moving that linesmen formed the heart shape Nole drew on clay after the match dedicating it to Roman fans and people back in Serbia.
Most of them have not even seen it as over 50% of the country has been without electricity for a week.
I tried to find the clip of presentation, but it's not up yet.
Instead, here's Nole's immediate post match interview. He has become so articulate, enabling his intelligence and thoughtfulness to shine through:

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon May 19, 2014 9:08 am

noleisthebest wrote:...Knowing what he's put his body through over the years, although he is only 28, do you think he is beginning to struggle with recovery?
I think he even had trouble recovering in 2007 and 2008...Remember his destruction by Youzhny in Chennay's final after his long match v Moya and how stiff he looked after his semi in Hamburg v Djoko 2008.
So from now on I expect him to feel it more but his team has usually the right products to recover from such matches. Yesterday he did not start badly cause he did not have a tough match the previous day but I guess the struggle of the whole week started to feel in his legs...and maybe arms. He pointed a few times to his legs to his team. And this is why now clearly Djoko could pick and pull winners either side. In a way very similar to what Federer did at the WTF after his tough semi v Murray. Fed's winners looked easier than they would have been.

This is no excuse for Nadal of course as it is simply the usual consequence of not being able to win easily even versus the lower ranked players.

So how those players arrive in finals of the FO is going to be key!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon May 19, 2014 10:27 am

Yes, plus RG is the trickiest and least predictable for playing conditions: rain delays, no roof, dry clay, wet clay, playing through light rain, wind, no lights in particular!
So many things can change during those two weeks and even one match.
Nole could have won that 2012 final, had they not stopped it because of the light rain and carried over to the next...how can you count that as the best of 5?
So, RG, regardless of players and draws, kind of has a mind of its own.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon May 19, 2014 10:36 am

As for Nadal's heavy legs vs Nole...I was actually admiring how fast he was all week, he moved like a bullet against Dimi, so find it strange he has such a drop in mobility after one easy match, despite the previous three matches.

Nadal's armour of invincibility is definitely starting to show cracks, he is still tough to beat, though.
I am convinced had Nadal played anyone else in the final he would have moved better. He is on edge vs Nole.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon May 19, 2014 10:40 am

Isn't the FO going to have floodlights this year? I know it's planned but not sure when!

Nole is so unpredictable....even yesterday, he should have won in 2 easy sets but gave away all the tight games...to give Nadal a respectable score. Nadal...makes his opponent pay dearly for not keeping the foot down.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon May 19, 2014 10:41 am

noleisthebest wrote:As for Nadal's heavy legs vs Nole...I was actually admiring how fast he was all week, he moved like a bullet against Dimi, so find it strange he has such a drop in mobility after one easy match, despite the previous three matches.

Nadal's armour of invincibility is definitely starting to show  cracks, he is still tough to beat, though.
I am convinced had Nadal played anyone else in the final he would have moved better. He is on edge vs Nole.
Yes he is on edge v Nole...but Fed also beat him in 2 clay finals...while he was younger and could recover better...though was tired in those finals.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon May 19, 2014 10:50 am

Yes, Fed should have beaten him more often, esp in younger years. And he should have definitely not lost that Wimbledon 2008. I actually never watched that match, just some parts of it, so difficult to comment.
Again, it was dark towards the end, and who knows what would have happened had CC had the roof/lights then...

Nadal has been so lucky.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon May 19, 2014 11:24 am

Cause the key is that when someone doesn't more as well, the goal posts become much wider, you are much more relax and pull winners with more more ease than when you know you have to hit the corners (or here the lines).

This is the problem I have with my game which I can hardly bring in competition. I am playing a very relax game with fine timing and almost 0 margins for error in clube sessions as I play for fun, but to reproduce this in competition is extremely hard, I just have to play as if I did not care though I care a lot....so I play very well against the best players against which I have nothing to lose, or the crap ones I could beat with my left arm....but those I should still beat convincingly and who do not get more than 2 or 3 games in friendly matches, are much harder in competition....especially if I have a bad start. My excuse is that I only play competitively once a year and have to produce a tennis different to the one I usually play.

That's why I think Federer is probably the strongest player mentally cause he plays a game which can only be effective when played cool and relax and this s why it took him so long to produce it on the main tour, at the highest level. To be able to play that kind of tennis when you go for 5 in a row at Wimbledon against someone whose tennis is based at dragging you down, cutting the legs of his opponents. People one day might realise the challenge he was faced and a challenge he could only take on thanks to an extraordinary talent and immense self confidence in it.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon May 19, 2014 11:25 am

Tenez wrote:Cause the key is that when someone doesn't run as well, the goal posts become much wider, you are much more relax and pull winners with more more ease than when you know you have to hit the corners (or here the lines).

This is the problem I have with my game which I can hardly bring in competition. I am playing a very relax game with fine timing and almost 0 margins for error in clube sessions as I play for fun, but to reproduce this in competition is extremely hard, I just have to play as if I did not care though I care a lot....so I play very well against the best players against which I have nothing to lose, or the crap ones I could beat with my left arm....but those I should still beat convincingly and who do not get more than 2 or 3 games in friendly matches, are much harder in competition....especially if I have a bad start. My excuse is that I only play competitively once a year and have to produce a tennis different to the one I usually play.

That's why I think Federer is probably the strongest player mentally cause he plays a game which can only be effective when played cool and relax and this s why it took him so long to produce it on the main tour, at the highest level. To be able to play that kind of tennis when you go for 5 in a row at Wimbledon against someone whose tennis is based at dragging you down, cutting the legs of his opponents. People one day might realise the challenge he was faced and a challenge he could only take on thanks to an extraordinary talent and immense self confidence in it.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon May 19, 2014 11:48 am

I know exactly what you mean as I have the same "problem".

I used inverted comas there, because for me there is only one way to play, especially as I only play for fun.
Still, even those matches are very competitive as  people try and cheat all the time.

I don't struggle with fitness as I'm fitter than all the people I play, but the retrieving some of them play is soul destroying.

So I can understand the disgust Federer must be feeling all the time. I will never be able to appreciate the physical challenge and level they play at, the speed of the ball in the time frame they have.
I suppose, that's where talent shines most -being able to harness and master that component is the most difficult in tennis and impossible without talent. To actually be so fast to be able to react in that fraction of time and take away time from the opponent all in one. Over and over again...not to mention the beauty and elegance he does it with,  but that's for us to enjoy.
His reward is the joy of playing, being in harmony with his ability and execution.
I know how huge and special it is as nobody else is able to carry on like that and win.
Other players have runs of form, flashes of inspiration, but he's had it all in abundance and on tap for years, which resulted in unprecedented dominance.
Every time he commits his whole body into a FH, it's like a little miracle.
His mind sends the ball where it should go straight away. No waste.

Now that's it's all slowed down, he rallies more, but again to a bare minimum.

I should have posted this on Federer Fan Page, you tricked me into it!  Grr

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by wildflower Mon May 19, 2014 10:36 pm

Novak Djokovic has donated all of his €549,000 prize money from winning the Rome Masters to flood victims in his home country of Serbia.

wildflower

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon May 19, 2014 10:39 pm

Hello wildflower and welcome to OTF!
Yes, I read about it, very generous of Nole. His love for Serbia is very special.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon May 19, 2014 10:47 pm

wildflower wrote:Novak Djokovic has donated all of his €549,000 prize money from winning the Rome Masters to flood victims in his home country of Serbia.
That is a lot of money to donate. I am not usually impressed by those kind of donation as they earn so much but that is a very generous gesture!...even for someone as wealthy as Djoko. Hats off. Even more glad he won yesterday cause he would have only donated half that amount otherwise.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by wildflower Mon May 19, 2014 11:13 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Hello wildflower and welcome to OTF!
Yes, I read about it, very generous of Nole. His love for Serbia is very special.

Thanks. 
He's amazing man, isn't he? Gotta respect it.

wildflower

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:34 pm

Back to my lonely, but happy corner smiley

Not much to say except that I am very proud of Nole's 7th slam title and 2nd Wimbledon. love
I stopped watching the match at 5:5 in the 1st set. So look forward to buying the official Wimbledon DVD as soon as it comes out.

I saw the match point replay and the ceremony. Was very moved by Nole's best speech ever.
Very happy for Boris, too. What a big teddy he is!

Finally, last but not the least....

NOLE MAJSTOREEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!  Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 8 3755116760

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:29 am

Happy for Nole as he finally seized  the biggest  GS title. Nole  can be really happy with that  win after a rollercoaster  in the fourth set.  But to be honest I needed to stop watching the match after that and started doing some housework effing and jeffing what  BB does with Nole. Nole wasn't able to serve out the match and could  be really lucky that Fed just did not keep his serve in the fifth.
From what I saw the keys for Nole's win were great return, his efficient kicked second serve, which caused Fed a lot of trouble, a  very good positioning on the court (so quick to the center of the BL), improved volleys and very balanced and  well prepared for playing passing shots.  I appreciate that he avoided to play playful drop shots.
Fed's serve was excellent and that  kept him with Nole on the court. When they were rallying, Nole's  positiong looked better quite often and that was precisely what he needed to do and actually what he had said about his tactics a day before their match. There is hardly anything what should be criticised from Fed's game. He knew that he won't be able to rally with Nole the whole match, so his decision to ch&ch was basically right. But  Nole's good positioning and preparation for approach shots was visible and worked  well.
To mention a negative point from Nole's game, he needs to improve his FH hitting, that is an element of his game, which still needs some work. He still plays a ball from that side a bit late, especially from a high bounce. I expected that BB will help Nole with serve and better focus on the key points of the game, but there is nothing new. If I didn’t see improved volleys and smashes, then BB’s coaching  involve just a sitting mascot. Has BB  already said something about Nole’s game? Not sure. This win helped BB to stay on Nole’s bench and also saved Nole’s fans against heartattacks. So BB should start some coaching from now on.

It was about time that Nole showed again what a warrior he is. Nole  can be really happy with that  win after a turnaround in the fourth set.  I need to say that his win was deserved eventually. Hats off to both players  Magic 

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:46 pm

The way I see yesterday's match, it was played on Nole's terms, mainly because the court and conditions were slow.
I watched Nole-Tsonga in R3 live from close up and was amazed at the ease with which Nole covered the court.
Tsonga is no pusher but Nole was always there on the ball. When he is hitting his BH sharply and is fully focused, he is the current master of the base line.
I think Fed had chances to win, too.
I noticed straight away that Nole was hitting his FH better than Fed which was quite a surprise. That was also the case against Tsonga, for most of the time.
Fed without a FH on grass....was reduced to a "rally-er". Surely, he did get hold of one or two, but that was not enough.
Even though Fed won the first set, Nole played better than him (up to 5:5 deuce, when I stopped watching), he was not able to take any time away from Nole, bar a few times with some excellent CC BHs.
So that was Fed with a plan B.
I don't know why he played his FH so plain.
He's been, more or less, playing it like that for a long time, in fact, ever since he changed his racquet.
BH has definitely benefitted from it, but FH is still waiting to connect.
So for me, this is not the end for Fed, he needs to keep working on his FH, he is very close. When he commits to it he's deadly. But for some reason, he does it so rarely these days.
Yesterday he was not flying, he was just playing tennis, and that made all the difference.

As for Nole, I was impressed with his readiness and focus, his ball-striking was the best I've seen from him.
You are wrong about Boris being a waste of space, Boris has done a lot of work with Nole.
Nole has played much better this Wimbledon than last. He has improved his serve, his FH is considerably more penetrating, his volleys have tripled in variety; last year Nole would barely put away safe FH volleys or try to tip them over the net, this year, he has displayed the full variety at the net, incl a few unsuccessful attempts at Fed style soft half-volley pick-ups near the net.
He has clearly worked hard and gained confidence in that area, and all credit has to go to Boris, I am so happy for both, as they both needed this win.
Their relationship is not a father-son like Lendl-Murray was.
In Nole-Boris relationship, Nole is doing the father bit to Boris in fact, they were both fast sinking ships when they started their work, and now they are steady, happy cruisers.
I think that particular element of their dynamics has helped Nole to mature and toughen up a bit.
There has been a lot of deep emotion shared between the two forming a solid foundation after this Wimbledon, and like in any proper relationship with a good foundation, they should be able to build on it now that the monkey is off both their backs...

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:32 pm

I still do not see what Becker brought in. Djoko managed to beat an average Federer. Nothing new there. He also failed to close the match in 4, serving for the match.

What's Becker role there?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:53 pm

Ok, I'll take it as a genuine question...not a bad thing to put Nole under scrutiny for a change.

First of all, the question, just like the one about equal pay has a wrong premise as I don't believe in any physchological babble.

In my opinion statements like this:

"Asked to relate particular advice that came from Becker, Djokovic replied: "He said that he knows I have the game to win this tournament, and I just need to hang in there and stay tough, regardless of what I go through on the court."

...are nothing but popcorn food for thought for the masses. It sounds "cool", it's uplifting, just say a magic piece of wisdom and voila! you are a Wimbledon champion!
Almost as "funny" as politicians promising better life every 4 years at general elections.

If only if it was that easy...

So, what did Boris do?
To start with, improved Nole's serving, FH and volleying (I'll leave the details out).
Had a few beers and got drunk together a couple of times probably, too.
Tried to defrost Nole's fears by telling him his own...maybe even earnt his trust by sharing some of his regrets.

Serbs are very intimate and passionate people and you cannot have a "business" relationship with them, not with Nole. It's got to be a little mad, it needs to feel right! That's why it never worked with Todd Martin for example.
And that's why it took time.

You say Nole beat average Federer. True. But a roaring and fighting Federer. And most importantly the believing one.
I haven't seen it but Nole said that when he was losing that 4th set it was more with Fed pulling off great shots than him the wrong ones, so couldn't blame himself.

This "blaming" thing that surfaced during his Wimbledon  interviews this year was interesting, according to him, being a perfectionist and getting down on himself and self-destructing.
It must have got into quite a spiral to have brought those tears of relief as he lifted the trophy.

Bottom line, he didn't lose the match or in his words "hand it to him" in the 5th, losing concentration, like he did so many times against Nadal...to be honest, he just lacked belief, was too hesitant and conservative, digging himself into a bigger and bigger hole in those slam finals...

In his Serbian interview right after the match he said that after the 4th set he went to the toilet and talked to himself like a madman.
Which one of us hasn't done it?

As I said in the post above yours, (all this psychobabble stuff aside) the court was slow and easy for Nole to cover. When he said he played his best match, he meant it.
And Fed's wand seemed to have run out of stardust on his FH.
To me, that is the only big WHY.
But again, too much control at Nole's disposal: some focus, slow court, that's what it took to beat Fed.
To Nole, it probably felt like their last O2 matches all over again (it did to me), except that yesterday Fed fought a bit more.

What can you do...

Now I've got a question for you.
You saw the "glammy" 2008 final (and I again didn't but for different reasons), how would you compare it with yesterday's?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:13 pm

Hi Nitb, I looked at the whole fifth set again to see more details and can say that Nole helped to start on the serve, but also must appreciate that Nole stepped into court and his positioning was better than Fed and showed a bit improved FH hitting.

Now we can be happy and relieved that Nole finally succeed under BB at GS and that is really great. I can see improved volleys and smashes and a slightly better FH hitting, but there is still something to do. I expected that BB'coaching will bring a great fortitude and new positive energy for key points at his game, but here is still a question mark even though he won it. Hopefully this great title is going toughen up his team. Anyway I must say that Nole played the best tennis on the grass in the final and showed another improvement in his game and confidence is going to come back with a success.

Tbh I didn't believe that Nole can win it when having watched one of the best serving day from Fed. There were not many chances on Fed's serve. Just don't want to analyze Fed's game here, but his FH errors came from opening up a deuce court and Fed's rushing up to that side.  

I see as the big improvements made by new coaches recently like Murray under Lendl, Stan under Norman or Nishi with Chang, their game just rocketed since they joined to their teams. However it is not easy to find a proper coach for players, they are strong individuals and relationships is quite fragile thing. The point is that every bit of improvements is very valuable for top players and therefore let's hope Nole's team is going to pull together and do well.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:38 am

Nole and Fed have played 35 matches, but I think the RG 2011 SF and this Wimbledon final were the biggest.
In RG, Fed ended Nole's Streak and I am pretty sure prevented him from winning his
RG by beating Nadal in the final who was there for the taking, for sure.
Who knows how tennis history would have unfolded from there...

On Sunday, Nole paid the heartache back.
In both cases, Nadal aka Mr Lucky ends up a winner (to some degree) by doing virtually nothing!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:21 pm

Hi Paul,

you didn't tell us anything about your Wimbledon experience!
Did you manage to see any good matches?

I thought it's quite interesting that Petra and Nole are champions in 2014, just like when they both won it for the first time in 2011.

How's Radek coping with it all?
What's the Czech press saying about him/them?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumnleaf Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:14 pm

@NITB Congrats to you and Nole again, hope it's not too late. Big Grin 

About BB: he sure helped Nole to get more media coverage in Germany, he is the only guy who gets written about at all and most of it is about BB. The headline in our local newspaper about the final read: "Djokovic wins in Becker's living room." Big Grin That's about the only time, Wimbledon was mentioned in more than in passing while we have great coverage on the football.

For years BB has been the butt of jokes with all his failed attempts at business and marriage/ reproducing. Now is the first time he gets some good press since ... he won Wimbledon I guess? Big Grin

Autumnleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:53 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Hi Paul,

you didn't tell us anything about your Wimbledon experience!
Did you manage to see any good matches?

I thought it's quite interesting that Petra and Nole are champions in 2014, just like when they both won it for the first time in 2011.

How's Radek coping with it all?
What's the Czech press saying about him/them?

Yeah, Wimbledon, that is something, just mecca of tennis,  I spent two days there (2nd and 4th day) with tickets just for grounds, which was quite ok, but I wanted yet to see a match at the center or no. 1 court, but my friends were not able to get up early morning and stand in queue. A guy offered me a ticket for no. 1 court for 300BP, which was not just cheap. So here was my disapointment. But watching tennis from grounds has its magic and I love it.
I saw players like Janowicz, Monfills, Gasquet, Robredo, Kohli and many Czech players as Rosol, Vesely, Koukalova, Cetkovska.
I liked to see Rosol with your the "second" man  Paire and I changed a bit my opinion on Rosol. He grew up mentally and played really well that match, that I started to believe that he can take Nadal out again. When hearing that he lost the second set in TB from the setpoint, that was a real shame, but fortunately  Kyrgi done it. So this year Wimbledon was one of the best.
I was impressed with some things around the courts, like what line women were on courts and did not believe how thick BL are on courts. So, it is quite long story to tell everything about game there, but I liked that we helped to win Rosol with Paire, Vesely against Monfills and our Czech women. I would have never said that there is a woman, who has bigger thighs than Serena W, yes she is  Townsand, here I was  totally wrong.

The nicest part of my trip was when I was leaving London and was dozing at the airport, I open my eyes and see Jiri Vesely sitting next to me on the bench, so we chatted about 10 minutes about tennis. He lost with our hero Kyrgi, but then I was sad that Jiri lost his match. Jiri is a great guy and I hope that with a great tennis future. Just a dark stain from our chat was as he said that he does not like playing on the grass. He is still too young so that he will surely change hiw view on that  Winking 

Petra is a story for all Czechs, even people who dont play tennis, just watched her Wimbledon final. Her game fits to grass enormously, but her game will always struggle on clay, but who cares. And Step? He is a heartbreaker of all Czech sporty women. I heard that his last take is an ex-friend of Czech famous hockey player Jaromir Jagr, so Step still go  the same way.
I have read and heard a lot of about breakup of the couple (Petra with Step), so it seems to be truth that Petra finally made her mind and said goodbye to Step, which was her best life decision, for sure  Cool

Last edited by paulcz on Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:53 pm

Autumnleaf wrote:@NITB Congrats to you and Nole again, hope it's not too late. Big Grin 

About BB: he sure helped Nole to get more media coverage in Germany, he is the only guy who gets written about at all and most of it is about BB. The headline in our local newspaper about the final read: "Djokovic wins in Becker's living room." Big Grin That's about the only time, Wimbledon was mentioned in more than in passing while we have great coverage on the football.

For years BB has been the butt of jokes with all his failed attempts at business and marriage/ reproducing. Now is the first time he gets some good press since ... he won Wimbledon I guess? Big Grin

Thanks AL.

Tbh, I've never been into this congratulations business, that's so v2!
Not sure I had much to do with Nole's Wimbledon win, and I doubt he's got the time to read what we say here.

As for Boris, I seem the only one to like him...but then again, I do have a weird taste, don't I...

Boris has been a Serbian "son" for many years, he was Slobodan Zivojinovic's best man,  liked black women, so definitely not your your off-the-peg German.
Very exuberant and colourful character.

He seems to be living his life the same way he played tennis: the boom-boom style. Fame and success came very early to him, he was 't able to say no very often, and then when all the pandemonium ended it probably was not easy to wear the boots of suddenly very boring and uneventful life.

Media will always find someone to judge and pick on. Their moral hypocrisy stinks.

I am happy for him and his new career, I love seeing all the 80s players coaching this generation. Shame Murray didn't/couldn't keep Ivan.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:37 pm

paulcz wrote:Yeah, Wimbledon, that is something, just mecca of tennis,  I spent two days there (2nd and 4th day) with tickets just for grounds, which was quite ok, but I wanted yet to see a match at the center or no. 1 court, but my friends were not able to get up early morning and stand in queue. A guy offered me a ticket for no. 1 court for 300BP, which was not just cheap. So here was my disapointment. But watching tennis from grounds has its magic and I love it.
I saw players like Janowicz, Monfills, Gasquet, Robredo, Kohli and many Czech players as Rosol, Vesely, Koukalova, Cetkovska.
I liked to see Rosol with your the "second" man  Paire and I changed a bit my opinion on Rosol. He grew up mentally and played really well that match, that I started to believe that he can take Nadal out again. When hearing that he lost the second set in TB from the setpoint, that was a real shame, but fortunately  Kirgy done it. So this year Wimbledon was one of the best.
I was impressed with some things around the courts, like what line women were on courts and did not believe how thick BL are on courts. So, it is quite long story to tell everything about game there, but I liked that we helped to win Rosol with Paire, Vesely against Monfills and our Czech women. I would have never said that there is a woman, who has bigger thighs than Serena W, yes she is  Townsand, here I was  totally wrong.

The nicest part of my trip was when I was leaving London and was dozing at the airport, I open my eyes and see Jiri Vesely sitting next to me on the bench, so we chatted about 10 minutes about tennis. He lost with our hero Kirgy, but then I was sad that Jiri lost his match. Jiri is a great guy and I hope that with a great tennis future. Just a dark stain from our chat was as he said that he does not like playing on the grass. He is still too young so that he will surely change hiw view on that  Winking 

Petra is a story for all Czechs, even people who dont play tennis, just watched her Wimbledon final. His game fits to grass enormously, but her game will always struggle on clay, but who cares. And Step? He is a heartbreaker of all Czech sporty women. I heard that his last take is an ex-friend of Czech famous hockey player Jaromir Jagr, so Step still go  the same way.
I have read and heard a lot of about breakup of the couple (Petra with Step), so it seems to be truth that Petra finally made her mind and said goodbye to Step, which was her best life decision, for sure  Cool

Seems like you had a very nice time, Paul!

I went three times and loved it, last time I went I also bought the ground pass, and didn't even have to queue for one minute!

Did you watch any matches on Henman Hill, and most importantly, did you try Pimms? diva

To be honest, although it's great to be on CC and C1 (and I'd say it's only worth it if you have a good seat, which is unfortunately very expensive, or in my case it was once "free" courtesy of successful schmoozing), watching tennis on non-show courts is more enjoyable as you can see some wonderful players from super close and even chat and have a photo with them after the match!

Last year I saw Mannarino and Brown several times, this year's highlight were Llodra/Mahut, Benne/Vasselin and Chardy.
I had time of my life admiring their talent, esp Llodra and Chardy.
I could watch them strike the ball all day...

I have decided to enrich my Wimbledon CV next year, when God willing, I'll be one of those camping fanatics!

Now, Vesely aka Cheerful!!!

He looks to be the next big thing from Check Republic. Lot of potential and if he fulfils it should be better than Berd.
What are his plans for the rest of the season, will CZ tennis federation help him?

Talking of Berd, I must say I was disappointed by what he did in his match against Hanescu, people were always saying he was nasty, but I couldn't notice it until that incident when he drilled the ball into Hanescu, missed him and sent it out, and then argued with the umpire that Hanescu touched the ball and wanted the point for himself!

That was so unnecessary.

Anyway, I was in the club playing when Rosol-Nadal match started, saw he was a set and a break up and got so excited I rushed back hime to watch him....shame he couldn't serve out that 2nd set TB.
It would've been so cool if he knocked Nadal again...

He played just like last time, but wasn't meant to be, it was time for Kyrgi, the new star to be born, and he did it in similar, fearless  fashion. So good!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:41 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
paulcz wrote:Yeah, Wimbledon, that is something, just mecca of tennis,  I spent two days there (2nd and 4th day) with tickets just for grounds, which was quite ok, but I wanted yet to see a match at the center or no. 1 court, but my friends were not able to get up early morning and stand in queue. A guy offered me a ticket for no. 1 court for 300BP, which was not just cheap. So here was my disapointment. But watching tennis from grounds has its magic and I love it.
I liked to see Rosol with your the "second" man  Paire and I changed a bit my opinion on Rosol. He grew up mentally and played really well that match, that I started to believe that he can take Nadal out again. When hearing that he lost the second set in TB from the setpoint, that was a real shame, but fortunately  Kyrgi done it. So this year Wimbledon was one of the best.

The nicest part of my trip was when I was leaving London and was dozing at the airport, I open my eyes and see Jiri Vesely sitting next to me on the bench, so we chatted about 10 minutes about tennis. He lost with our hero Kyrgi, but then I was sad that Jiri lost his match. Jiri is a great guy and I hope that with a great tennis future. Just a dark stain from our chat was as he said that he does not like playing on the grass. He is still too young so that he will surely change hiw view on that  Winking 

Petra is a story for all Czechs, even people who dont play tennis, just watched her Wimbledon final. Her game fits to grass enormously, but her game will always struggle on clay, but who cares. And Step? He is a heartbreaker of all Czech sporty women. I heard that his last take is an ex-friend of Czech famous hockey player Jaromir Jagr, so Step still go  the same way.

Seems like you had a very nice time, Paul!

I went three times and loved it, last time I went I also bought the ground pass, and didn't even have to queue for one minute!

Did you watch any matches on Henman Hill, and most importantly, did you try Pimms? diva

To be honest, although it's great to be on CC and C1 (and I'd say it's only worth it if you have a good seat, which is unfortunately very expensive, or in my case it was once "free" courtesy of successful schmoozing), watching tennis on non-show courts is more enjoyable as you can see some wonderful players from super close and even chat and have a photo with them after the match!

Last year I saw Mannarino and Brown several times, this year's highlight were Llodra/Mahut, Benne/Vasselin and Chardy.
I had time of my life admiring their talent, esp Llodra and Chardy.
I could watch them strike the ball all day...

I have decided to enrich my Wimbledon CV next year, when God willing, I'll be one of those camping fanatics!

Now, Vesely aka Cheerful!!!

He looks to be the next big thing from Check Republic. Lot of potential and if he fulfils it should be better than Berd.
What are his plans for the rest of the season, will CZ tennis federation help him?

Talking of Berd, I must say I was disappointed by what he did in his match against Hanescu, people were always saying he was nasty, but I couldn't notice it until that incident when he drilled the ball into Hanescu, missed him and sent it out, and then argued with the umpire that Hanescu touched the ball and wanted the point for himself!

That was so unnecessary.

Anyway, I was in the club playing when Rosol-Nadal match started, saw he was a set and a break up and got so excited I rushed back hime to watch him....shame he couldn't serve out that 2nd set TB.
It would've been so cool if he knocked Nadal again...

He played just like last time, but wasn't meant to be, it was time for Kyrgi, the new star to be born, and he did it in similar, fearless  fashion. So good!

Tbh I consider camping as well or to get there early morning and lie down on quilt and then wake up at 10 30 and go. Tickets are cheap the first week and you can choose whatever you can see, which I appreciate.  Hopefully it is going to happen next year.
Yes, French players as Paire, Mannarino have a special flair in their game and play with extra passion. Watching them from grounds is amazing. Your second man Paire showed  his hot head again and his match with Rosol had a real go.
Paire played one amazing volley when at the net played so a gentle touchy volley that a ball jumped just close behind the net and overjumped back to his court, just a beauty for crowds.  
I liked Robredo's game and he played with Mannarino nicely. I suppose that Robredo is only Spanish player, who I can watch regardless if it is on live or not.

I had a glance on Henman Hill and saw a couple of balls of Fed playing Lorenzi, but I really prefer watching tennis on live. That is something quite different against watching a display.

Ah, I forgot to have Pimms, which is a real shame. Tbh when I was there my mind was so focus on tennis, that I just forgot to eat and drink. So, an ice-cream and water was enough for me, just no wasting time in a queue  Winking 

Berd had high ambitions for this season and he played really well at the beginning of this year. I think that his game fits the best hard courts, where he can eliminate his worse move. He can do well, but no way that I am fan of his tennis or his personality. I was sitting next to his father some time but without any chat.

Jiri Vesely is going to be Czech no. 1 in a couple of years. Except him there is nobody currently. He is really nice guy, with a great mentallity, just what bothers me about him is his body height - 197cm, just a couple inches higher than me and I need to say that this body frame is not the best for current baseline tennis.

I need to point out, that playing on the grass would fit my tennis the best. But it is too late  Sad

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:59 pm

Nole is the coolest  Cool

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:34 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Nole is the coolest  Cool

Now, it is BB's turn to show something, we are keen on seeing cool teddy as well. There must be something in BB for sure  Winking

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:53 am

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:09 am

And just in case anyone wondered, Nole IS playing Paris. Knowing him, fatherhood will give him wings and I expect him to play really well there and in London.

Book your tickets for the sizzling Fed-Nole final in O2! Bubbly

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:08 am

That is a great smash from Nole outside of courts Bubbly

Just to go on with such a nice outcome! Congratulations!

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:16 pm

Congrats to great and important win in the Paris final. Nole just made my day again Bubbly

Marian should stay with Nole untill Nole's last tennis match, so please Winking

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:36 am

Here is a very nice article about Nole:

Djokovic made step-by-step progress to that performance. He began the week in a testy, hands-in-the-air mood against Philipp Kohlschreiber. The shakiness continued in the second set against Monfils and the first set against Murray. If this had been summer, Djokovic might not have found a way to win either of those matches. As it was, against Monfils he fought tooth and nail to get it done in straights, and against Murray he relaxed after being broken early in the second and cruised. In both cases, Djokovic remembered who he was, and that his strength is his ability to endure his opponent’s hot streaks and remain steady while they falter. In the past, Djokovic has expressed confidence that he can outlast Monfils mentally and Murray physically, and he called on both of those beliefs in Paris.

In this sense, 2014 has been the most human of Djokovic’s No. 1 seasons. But, despite his reputation for playing "clinical" tennis and being a baseline "machine," he has always been the most human of No. 1s. In spite of his accomplishments, he appears at times to lose all confidence in himself; it even happened for a brief period on his backhand side in the Paris final. Djokovic pleads with his players’ box, he shows the world his frustration and vulnerability, and, as he says, he cant help “making life complicated” for himself in matches that should be simple. He often plays his best by convincing himself that a match is already lost. He is, in short, not unlike a lot of us.

Djokovic will probably finish No. 1 for the third time in four years. If it happens, that feat will further secure his place among the game’s all-time greats, but it won’t make him seem superhuman. It will just make him the best human at tennis.

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2014/11/father-plays-best/53195/

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:12 am

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:10 pm

and another great interview from Vajda!

http://sport.aktuality.sk/c/165567/marian-vajda-exkluzivne-pre-sport-becker-mi-do-prace-nezasahuje/

The more I read about Marian, the more I think he is behind Nole's success.
Marian also coached Dominik Hrbaty and Karol Kucera. Both of them were exceptional tennis players and great men.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:38 pm

Express news
So that BB finally done it, he got another chance for coaching Nole also next year. Hopefully Marian will also be on Nole's bench more often.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next