Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 7 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 7 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club

+17
AceofDeath
Veejay
raiders_of_the_lost_ark
Daniel
gallery play
Polly 81
Autumnleaf
wildflower
novak143
N2D2L
BlueClay
Tenez
SayonaRa
legendkillar
paulcz
luvsports!
noleisthebest
21 posters

Page 7 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 7 Empty Re: NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club

Post by noleisthebest Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:56 pm

I didn't see the team, I am assuming Boris was there.
Started watching the clips against Tsonga but had enough after the first one.
Looks like Nole wants to keep building on his all-court game, which is great; he may not have the serve for S&V game, but his returns and groundstrokes are so deep, he should have no problem creating opportunities to come forward.
I really look forward to finally finding out whether he can do it or not as I have always believed he could, just wasn't taught it from young years, plus the DBH....I want to see him dominate Nadal like in 2011 and send him to retirement.
I'd love him to show a bit of Paire's mindset who despite his DBH has a great attacking spirit.

On a different note, i  have a bad feeling about AO being slower than ever this year...and that all the Beckers and Edbergs of this world will have to watch in horror how tennis is being brutalised by superhuman physical "strength".

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Djokovic - NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 7 Empty Re: NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club

Post by paulcz Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:58 pm

noleisthebest wrote:I didn't see the team, I am assuming Boris was there.
Started watching the clips against Tsonga but had enough after the first one.
Looks like Nole wants to keep building on his all-court game, which is great; he may not have the serve for S&V game, but his returns and groundstrokes are so deep, he should have no problem creating opportunities to come forward.
I really look forward to finally finding out whether he can do it or not as I have always believed he could, just wasn't taught it from young years, plus the DBH....I want to see him dominate Nadal like in 2011 and send him to retirement.
I'd love him to show a bit of Paire's mindset who despite his DBH has a great attacking spirit.

On a different note, i  have a bad feeling about AO being slower than ever this year...and that all the Beckers and Edbergs of this world will have to watch in horror how tennis is being brutalised by superhuman physical "strength".

Oh no, slower AO after previous finals, they lost their minds somewhere close to Spain seeshore. Have they laid a slower carpet or will they use slower balls?

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:08 pm

Congratulations to Nole for winning Abu Dhabi at their warmy and snobbish conditions  Thumbs Up  Great start for the new season. Really like seeing cool Boris with his warrior's eyes on Nole's bench. Their team radiates a warlike spirit, that is good.

And I must know it, because yesterday I watched historical film about Alexander the Great,  it was actually much more bloodish.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:28 pm

I spotted a funny pan somewhere:

NOvak + boRIS = NORIS (Chuck), although missing one r.

Chuck never sleeps, he just waits  Cool

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:36 pm

paulcz wrote: Oh no, slower AO after previous finals, they lost their minds somewhere close to Spain seeshore. Have they laid a slower carpet or will they use slower balls?

Apparently Todd Woodbridge said the balls were lively and made for Nadal.
I reckon Nadal won't like lively balls at all.
That's if I understand that by "lively" Woodbridge means fast and light.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:47 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
paulcz wrote: Oh no, slower AO after previous finals, they lost their minds somewhere close to Spain seeshore. Have they laid a slower carpet or will they use slower balls?

Apparently Todd Woodbridge said the balls were lively and made for Nadal.
I reckon Nadal won't like lively balls at all.
That's if I understand that by "lively" Woodbridge means fast and light.

The word "lively" is a sheer contrast to Nadal, there is something weird   Winking

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:42 pm

I couldn't have watched Nole's match live but have read some articles and fans reactions. To get a clear picture about the match I needed to see at least a part of the match so that in the end I managed to see last two sets of that match from a record on Eurosport. I must say I was stunned by watching these two sets. The man who played against Stan wasn't Nole. I have never seen Nole being so irritated, playing with such a bad composure and weird reactions. His poor mental approach within the match reflected in many mistakes. It reminded me Murray's moments before Lendl joined to his team.
Stan was more focused on the game and won deservedly. Nole didn't play badly, but he forgot his focus and spirit somewhere at a hotel.
There was something wrong with Nole in that match. It is a question how his focus and preparation for that match were affected by Becker, whether his decision not to play atp tour after Abu Dhabi was right. I have doubts about it.
Perceptions from Nole's game, as I said many times Nole's body is not able to generate enough power. His upper part of his body is too light to put opponents' defensive balls away. His volleys and serve has also limitations due to that. When he doesn't play with his great focus and patience, he just can't win points easily. In addition his FH hitting is not so flat to speed up the ball sufficiently. So as I said a slow hc surface is not the proper one for Nole. Playing attacking game without enough power and killing instinct looks like a sheer desperation.
So I was shocked by Nole's apathetic performance. I expected an ultra positive attitude from Nole and instead I saw a rattled player with poor focus. If he played this way, he would surely lose also with Berd, Murray, Delpo. No way, champions' approach is quite different. Fed and Nadal are typical killers as lions, who don't have any regrets. Nole's reminded me an spoilt irritated cat.
That match wasn't about one or two poor hits, but about mental game approach and Stan was one level above Nole.
Only thing I noticed which Nole changed wasn't clapping his opponent shots, which made me laugh when I saw Stan did it.

I know that my words are too harsh, but I got used to call players' performances right names.

So, it is difficult to advice him how to go on, but Nole will have to think about his game and his team. Not sure how the things are going with Nole from now on.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:11 pm

Ivan Lendl also questions hiring Becker as Nole’s coach.  Ivan says, Edber and Chang are  good  tennis players, coaches and psychologists as well, but I have doubts how Becker can help to Novak.
Despite Ivan & Becker harsh rivalry I think that Becker  won't  be a kind of rightly devoted  coach. So, it is up to Nole to  solve it soon.  The sooner, the better.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:33 pm

Yes, Lendl is right there....though that does not explain Djoko's loss. Djoko has so many dips in his matches....and that does not date from yesterday but all his career..even in 2011. He could have lost quite a few more matches in his winning streak back then had he not recovered some in time very closely.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:33 pm

How do you explain those dips?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:35 pm

Becker gave an interview to German media after the match, I'll go and dig it out.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:49 pm

noleisthebest wrote:How do you explain those dips?
No idea! Mind or fitness? very bizarre.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:51 pm

Here it is:

"I couldn't sleep till 5 AM the night after the match. I was very upset and tried to analyse every situation from the match with Wawrinka. Novak was making mistakes that were unusual for him. It is understood that Stan played a good match,  but I think Novak would have won the match were it not for those unusual mistakes.
I didn't want to talk about it straight after the match, players need time in those situations.  Novak initiated the talk two hours after the match, and we had an open and honest dialogue.
This is not an easy job, you work 24/7. Now that we have spent some time together, I got to know him a bit better, I know what he likes and what annoys him.
I was very honoured when he asked me to be his coach.

Novak needs rest badly, because he had a hard and long season behind him. Against Wawrinka, you could see he lacked energy, he didn't have the explosiveness and magic. I hope to work on a few things with him before Dubai.
As for the future, Novak invited me to his team because he does not want to stop with the 6 slams he has. He wants to get into the history of this sport".

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:02 pm

Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:How do you explain those dips?
No idea! Mind or fitness? very bizarre.
I think he finds it hard to discipline his mind with a 100% focus the ENTIRE match, especially tough and close ones.
When he sees he has won a set or in his mind "beaten" the guy, he just switches off, allows the emotion of happiness to unsettle him.
Happened so many times against Nadal.
I think with this particular match against Wawrinka, the additional trouble would have been his shame that he allowed it to happen in front of his new coach, as Becker must have pointed that weakness to him.

So, he ended up looking listless and playing well below his best after the 1st set.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:26 pm

I agree in part, especially in the end of the match......but he won that first set so after that he should have been able to relax and play even better. SO I cannot explain why his form drops like it did in the FO and USO 13 as well. Not sure it is the mind as it doesn't drop like that when not physically stretched.

Shame though.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:30 pm

He does relax and plays better against weaker opponents, worst case scenario he digs himself out in the end, that's why he always features in the Best Matches od The Year lists, just adds (unnneccesary) drama and makes his life difficult.
Against better opponents, he often manages to do a Houdini act, but this time he didn't.
Last year there were quite a few matches like that, the really strange loss was against Berdych, I forgot which tournament it was.
That's where I was hoping Becker could help most, to toughen him up a bit on the inside.
Maybe he tried, just didn't work this time, we'll see how it goes in the next few months.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:29 pm

The thing is he uses his fitness a lot to win matches so it is kind of expected that his fitness lets him down at times. It's just not normal for a 6'2 guy to cover so much ground. As well prepared as he might be it is asking way too much. Luckily it does get hurt like Murray but he still moves too much for a relatively tall guy.

Becker is most likely right when he says Djoko is exhausted....and it's only the beginning of the season.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:06 pm

I know.
The real solution to his problem is to cut his rallies to a max of 5-6 shots by flattening the forehand and taking it inside the court as much as possible, which is what I think he's been trying to do with all this coming to the net last year.
His (upper) body can't cope with long and furious baseline exchanges, he is different from Murray and Nadal in that area.
The problem is, his real strenght ARE his current groundstrokes, as they usually have great length and angles, but not that much pace, he spares the pace similar to Simon.
It's not an easy transition but it's doable I think, and it has to start in the head first.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:31 pm

yes but is he talented enough to do it? and more so... talented enough under pressure? his losses at the FO twice in a row v Nadal who is usually owns raises some valid doubts.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:47 pm

I've just read Nole's pre-tournament IW interview and this paragraph looked interesting:

"Very few points decided the two big matches that I lost this year. Stan played a tournament of his life, and he deserved to win the Grand Slam…I recognised things that I need to work on, not just game-wise, but also mentally the way that I approach certain moments in the match. Being able to recognise that is already halfway to solving it, and I’m working on it.

What kind of approach/recognition is he talking about?
Does he have moments of doubt creeping in?
Loss of focus?

He has had lots of big, close matches he won in 2011/12, and now he started losing them. is that troubling him?
Is it just lack of confidence, or is there more to it?

He keeps repeating he brought Becker to help him "mentally", to deal with/handle "big" match moments in particular, but what can Becker or anyone else who's been  there tell him?

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2014/03/10/Indian-Wells-Friday-Djokovic-Preview.aspx

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:42 pm

I do not see issues with the mental side....maybe v Stan he relaxed a bit but v Federer I saw a movement problem....and Federer rushing him a bit. Each I saw Djoko go awol it was physically more than mentally.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:03 am

I saw nearly the whole match and must say that Nole scrapped out this win from nowhere. I have never thought that Master tennis event can be won by a player without the solid  basic tennis elementary stroke, the forehand.
Nole has not shown any improvement in his game since BB joined to his team, but the contrary. Such a fragile fluctuating FH can  be seen on first rounds of challengers. I expected that his approaching slices will show at least a bit of an improvement, but it is  worse than before. Nole won due to his extra stretch abilities and superb move, but his tennis ball striking abilities showed a step backwards.
Nole's confidence is really poor and I am convinced that even Nole alone can't get it how he won it. The most positive thing from that match is that it showed how big potential for the improvement Nole still has.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:42 pm

It is quite tricky situation for Nole after that win, which he fighted out with his former main coach Marian Vajda. Now Miami just should tell him more about the difference between BB and Marian and what a benefit he gets from BB.
From the final I had a feeling that Nole turned on his ultra fighting mode just due to Marian's presence on his bench.
I was really worried about Nole's FH mistakes, that was much worse than before. The reason probably comes out from BB's effort to imprint a higher aggressivity into Nole. Then it looks to be that Nole is in the process of a switch into a higher mode of aggressivity, which point out more on his former troubles with his FH timing and his not convincing forward body motion.
Why he looks so nervous and irritated on the court, that can have different reasons. But I am sure that there is an element of qualm coming from the change of his coach. Next event in which Marian participates is Madrid in May, then that should be the definite point for Nole to sort it out.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:26 pm

Nole puts more and more spin into his FH. It's not a bad thing technically as he indeed forces some serious running to his opponent with it and eventually broke Fed's confidence on his FH and BH.

I still think Federer played poorly from middle of second set...and that is what allowed Djoko to engage in longer rallies. In fact Fed played average at the beginning too..it was Djoko playing particularly badly in that first set that made things easier for Fed.

So it's still mixed feelings regarding Djoko.....but no different than the perception I have of him since I first time I saw him.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:10 pm

I was curious what a game Nole would bring out and how he would be able to keep his focus and composure on the court. Now, I can describe his game performance apart from his FH, some DFs and poor slices as good and encouraging. Although he looked quite nervous from the beginning, he did cope with crowd pressure and was able to turn the match around by his active game approach, which is only way how to succeed against Fed, of course with a right game plan.
I can appreciate that Nole can go for more risk with serves, returns, net approaches, that counts.
It seems to be that Nole has toughened up his mental approach on the court. But he doesn't have to forget on the most elementary stroke, the forehand. If he can eliminate these mistakes from that wing, then he becomes the player to beat again. IMO, there is no way with BB.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:56 pm

I'll have to look at the match again.....but in short I do not expect any form of dominance from him from now on.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:09 pm

Tenez wrote:I'll have to look at the match again.....but in short I do not expect any form of dominance from him from now on.

Nole doesn't look mentally there and confident enough currently. So no dominance at all, I just expect with BB Nole's ups and downs, but more dissapointment. He really needs a different kind of coach, BB is not right one.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:13 pm

Don't you think Nole always looked fragile? Even in 2011 when he had that fantastic run, many of his wins had twists and turns. He could have lost 5 matches in that amazing string.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:22 pm

Interesting take on the current Nole-Becker situation from Vajda and McEnroe:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/26609361

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:41 pm

"[Boris] is used to sort of being the guy and having everyone doting over him and making sure that everything is OK for him. So for him to do that for someone else, it'll be interesting to see if he can figure a way to sort of be in the background, but also add something of substance."
=================
Exactly my thoughts.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:50 pm

Tenez wrote:Don't you think Nole always looked fragile? Even in 2011 when he had that fantastic run, many of his wins had twists and turns. He could have lost 5 matches in that amazing string.

He is not a natural killer. So when he has a big opportunity to finish up with his opponent, he starts playing for fans and joy and gets him back into the game. That something which he surely works on with BB, at least I hope. But he has a heart of a real fighter and when he feels a big challenge, he can go above the roof as nobody else.
Tbh I like that playful approach up to a point. But he needs to start playing on a full gass and not to loiter on the court thinking, I have still enough time. That does not pay off. Therefore we can these dips in his game.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:02 pm

Tenez wrote:"[Boris] is used to sort of being the guy and having everyone doting over him and making sure that everything is OK for him. So for him to do that for someone else, it'll be interesting to see if he can figure a way to sort of be in the background, but also add something of substance."
=================
Exactly my thoughts.

That is clear, BB is not the coach, but a Nole's living sitting mascot.
And then forehand seems to be utterly unimportant to practise, it is enough to sit on the bench. That is BB's all coaching.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:01 am

delete my post where i was critical of Djoko's game.....realised this am that's not the thread to talk about it.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:27 pm

Tenez wrote:delete my post where i was critical of Djoko's game.....realised this am that's not the thread to talk about it.

Ten, no problem with critics here. If it makes sense and logic, then that is always very appreciated.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:26 pm

paulcz wrote:
Tenez wrote:delete my post where i was critical of Djoko's game.....realised this am that's not the thread to talk about it.

Ten, no problem with critics here. If it makes sense and logic, then that is always very appreciated.
Thanks Paul. I appreciate.

Don't worry I will find other opportunities and threads to say it again! Winking Just that this thread is about your great player.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:28 pm

Boris already knows what a good coach should look like  Big Grin 

http://www.rhein-zeitung.de/cms_media/module_img/2120/1060496_1_org_4497578.jpg

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:43 pm

It is a real shame for Nishi, hopefully he can get well soon. That doesn't help Nole anyhow, even if he can practise FH the whole two days  Cool 

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:56 pm

paulcz wrote:It is a real shame for Nishi, hopefully he can get well soon. That doesn't help Nole anyhow, even if he can practise FH the whole two days  Cool 
Versus Nadal, every ounce of energy saved is of paramount importance. So this is excellent news. Remember Becker saying in Dubai already that Djoko was exhausted....well he played all the way to IW since and now to the final so, unlike Socal, I guarantee you that this break before final is most welcome.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:25 pm

Tenez wrote:
paulcz wrote:It is a real shame for Nishi, hopefully he can get well soon. That doesn't help Nole anyhow, even if he can practise FH the whole two days  Cool 
Versus Nadal, every ounce of energy saved is of paramount importance. So this is excellent news. Remember Becker saying in Dubai already that Djoko was exhausted....well he played all the way to IW since and now to the final so, unlike Socal, I guarantee you that this break before final is most welcome.

Nole got this one as the second w/o and they play BO3. If they played BO5 then that one surely wouldn't go a miss.
From what I saw I feel that Nole has been improving his timing by every match. Then he has Marian with him, so he could give him many perceptions from semi, which he probably didn't get much from BB. Nole is able to play that BO3 final on the adrenaline, so I would rather appreciate if he could practise his FH timing with Nishi, who is able to return many balls.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:41 pm

even BO3 are deadly nowadays. They put in BO3 what's they put in BO5. Tennis nowadays is a "no prisoner" policy!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:59 pm

Tenez wrote:even BO3 are deadly nowadays. They put in BO3 what's they put in BO5. Tennis nowadays is a "no prisoner" policy!

When I firstly saw Nole at IW, I thought about sending some meals to Nole. He looked similar to Angolian soldier, who had a racquet instead of gun.
That is incredible how skinny Nole and some players are, then no worries for standing three sets on the court.
When I was young I remember that I was able to play seven sets at singles in a row.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:05 pm

I remember already in the beginning of the 90s I saw the athletes from close range at Wimbledon, someone like Ferrera (the south African) or even some South America guys......they had a paper thin skin...you could see the muscle fibres under the skin. Absolutely amazing.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:12 pm

Congrats to Nole for the great match and great win. That was one of his best performances. Focused from the beginning, even if wind was blowing he kept his composure the whole match  Bubbly Bubbly 

Some perceptions. I saw an approaching slice from Nole which I have never seen it before. I nearly couldn't believe it. Net games was excellent, the serve and return excellent, backhand excellent and now Nole's forehand was very good.
Nole pushed away Nadal from side to side, he just didn't have anything which he could catch on the court. Well done, this win is absolutely deserved.

I was sure that Marian on his bench brings to Nole a positive coolness and this will give him a kick to his brilliancy. Nole's today performance showed how important role Marian has in his team. My advise to Nole would be to name Marian as a main coach and BB as a sitting mascot or the Head of masseurs  Magic 

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:20 pm

Right here and right now, all I can say is...
NOLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! Bubbly Bubbly Bubbly

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:08 pm

One for the rocking chair....

One day, I'll watch this clip and remember this moment of silly happiness....life is just mad sometimes... love 

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:28 pm

I am really courious about what BB tells Nole after his match. Nole had a slow start, not convincing net games incl. smashes, many weird and wide drop shots and his focus was out for one and half of set. Everything is going the opposite way as it should be with BB. BB's role should be limited to the clapping sitting mascot, who can give signs after Nole's match  Cool 

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:14 pm

I love Boris!
Every time camera show his face, he cracks me up: it's the contrast of all those crazy colours first: strong blue eyes bulging out of that bright red face, swollen with age and years of broom cupboard, food, booze and gambling excess...all framed with that albino, flame yellow upright mop of hair.
Then the expression itself: the pursed lips, narrowing eyes, trying to suck out the moment of truth and revelation from observing Nole.

The years have certainly mellowed him, he looks like an aged clown now, and you can never really be upset with them.

As for what he does for/with Nole, to be fair to him, they have not had that much time together, I think he is still trying to work Nole out, to get into his mindset. He watches him so intently during matches, you can see Nole is still a mystery to him.
Technically, they are worlds apart as players, so maybe a few tweaks on serve and volleying technique so far.
I don't think Nole will ever be an instinctive player, but the game has to be improved, and I'm glad he is trying to do it in the all-court direction.
He likes aggression, to boss the baseline, but rushing forward is a different realm, esp in today's conditions.
Personally, I'd like him to flatten his  FH as much as he possibly can.

We can judge Boris after USO.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:26 pm

noleisthebest wrote:I love Boris!
Every time camera show his face, he cracks me up: it's the contrast of all those crazy colours first: strong blue eyes bulging out of that bright red face, swollen with age and years of broom cupboard, food, booze and gambling excess...all framed with that albino, flame yellow upright mop of hair.
Then the expression itself: the pursed lips, narrowing eyes, trying to suck out the moment of truth and revelation from observing Nole.

The years have certainly mellowed him, he looks like an aged clown now, and you can never really be upset with them.

As for what he does for/with Nole, to be fair to him, they have not had that much time together, I think he is still trying to work Nole out, to get into his mindset. He watches him so intently during matches, you can see Nole is still a mystery to him.
Technically, they are worlds apart as players, so maybe a few tweaks on serve and volleying technique so far.
I don't think Nole will ever be an instinctive player, but the game has to be improved, and I'm glad he is trying to do it in the all-court direction.
He likes aggression, to boss the baseline, but rushing forward is a different realm, esp in today's conditions.
Personally, I'd like him to flatten his  FH as much as he possibly can.

We can judge Boris after USO.

Big Grin  after USO that is definitely too late. I am a bit suspicious about BB's hawk-eyed watching Nole on the court. He looks often as if he just woke up  Cool 

I gnash my teeth when seeing BB on Nole's bench, but I will give him a chance untill Sunday  Cool 

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:48 pm

Just saw this clip, when Nole had his top of the world moment.

The beauty of life: sometimes it crushes, sometimes it tiptoes...sometimes it dances and sometimes it even flies...but it keeps going on...

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:48 pm

I hope and wish a quick recovery to Nole's wrist, but from the watching the first set I could see that Nole didn't play well. He didn't play freely and focused, he played as if he was under a blanket, under a psychological cover. His focus just wasn't there and that wasn't due to his wrist. His performance was a quite contrast in a comparison with Miami. The same was his match with Garcia-Lopez, but then he just could fight it out.
We can't definitely blame his wrist for that, but I do insist on my stand, Nole in effect loses his mind under BB's coaching. I am maybe biased against BB, but Nole's performance says it clearly. I don't believe that Nole is able to win GS with BB on his bench and tend to say that Fed/Stan would beat Nole even if he was fully healthy.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next