Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Has Nadal Unofficialy Retired? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Has Nadal Unofficialy Retired? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Has Nadal Unofficialy Retired? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Has Nadal Unofficialy Retired? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Has Nadal Unofficialy Retired? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Has Nadal Unofficialy Retired? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Has Nadal Unofficialy Retired? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Has Nadal Unofficialy Retired? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Has Nadal Unofficialy Retired? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Has Nadal Unofficialy Retired?

+6
Larry Ellison
Veejay
luvsports!
laverfan
Tenez
noleisthebest
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Has Nadal Unofficialy Retired? - Page 2 Empty Re: Has Nadal Unofficialy Retired?

Post by noleisthebest Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:28 pm

Veejay wrote:Only an article written about Nadal will ever contradict itself by saying,"its unlikely that he will return" and then go on to say " its likely that he will"
I dont know what to believe anymore,I guess only time will tell

Believe this!

"A report in the Chilean newspaper La Tercera says the Vina de
Mar tournament is planning to offer Rafael Nadal a $1.2 million
appearance fee to play there. Vina del Mar, a clay-court event, is the
first stop in Latin America’s ‘Golden Swing” and begins the week of
February 4, right after the first round of Davis Cup.

Nadal, who has been out since Wimbledon due to a knee injury, will
return to the tour at the beginning of the 2013 season in Doha. He also
scheduled to play the Australian Open and is considering playing Davis
Cup against Canada in Vancouver.

Nadal has said at various times this year that he would like to reduce
the number of hard-court tournaments he plays to lessen the wear and
tear on his knees. Nadal has already committed to playing Acapulco,
which is also played on clay and begins on February 25."

To which I can only say Has Nadal Unofficialy Retired? - Page 2 1071211947.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6rsASXUfiU

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Has Nadal Unofficialy Retired? - Page 2 Empty Re: Has Nadal Unofficialy Retired?

Post by noleisthebest Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:16 pm

Sorry to ruin the festive spirit, just found out that Nadal is coming back at FO now.
Source: the one and only Wooffie Has Nadal Unofficialy Retired? - Page 2 2084913611

"Thirty of Rafael Nadal’s clan, friends and supporters sat down around
a dinner table on Thursday night to celebrate the bonds that tie them
together. His family was there in force; his manager, trainers, public
relations boss, sponsors and doctors were all in attendance. The mood
was typically Spanish: light-hearted, contented, if a little reserved.

The man in the centre has had his life put on hold for the past six
months, as have the majority of those around him. When Nadal is out
there in the middle, he is comforted by the sight of so many he loves
and respects, and it has been the same as he has tried to work his way
back to the fitness levels necessary to compete with the young titans at
the top of the tennis game. It did not particularly help that Nadal was
not feeling 100 per cent in himself, a little chill serving to remind
him that he is not impervious to catching a cold.

That has been the sense in tennis since Nadal was bashed around
Centre Court in the second round of Wimbledon this year by Lukas Rosol, a
Czech who lost in the next round to Philipp Kohlschreiber, of Germany
and failed to qualify for the US Open before ending the year by winning
an ATP Challenger in Bratislava and rising to No 73 in the world, eight
places from his career high.

It did not require mention of Rosol to make Nadal come out in a sweat.

The tennis world has been fevered with expectation about the
Spaniard’s return to the scene since he left Wimbledon in July. He has
come close a few times, but, he says, has got himself into a worse state
by thinking too optimistically about his preparedness rather than
letting nature take its course. He says that he is not patient but
trying to remain positive.

I had hoped to come away from our conversation certain that he would
be back better than ever, but the sense was more of nervous
apprehension. He is being cautious, not willing to say too much too
soon. He knows that Spain is agog, and that is a tremendous pressure to
bear. He is the country’s most favoured sportsman and at a time that
Spain is in the grip of a savage economic downturn, they want their
hearts to be lightened. They know that, in Nadal, they have someone who
can do that.

They may have to wait a while for complete fulfilment. Nadal is not
quite there; he is a little way from being ready to play. He needs to be
given him time and space. By the French Open in May, perhaps, the real
Nadal will be with us.
It will be worth waiting for ..."

http://www.wooffiesrafaramblings.com/2012/12/conversation-serves-only-to-heighten.html

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:28 pm

This is getting really confusing
Nadal is going to play an exhibition next week and then he will collect his appearance fee in Chile but will only be back on the pro tour by RG?

Or are they admitting that the juiced up Nadal will only be back by RG as usual?

Have they decided to lie low while the Peurto trail kicks off and hope that the scandal will have died down by RG?

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:35 pm

Don't know, but here's his interview with Neil Harman form today's Times:

"After six months out with a knee injury, the Spaniard is set to take a first step back to competitive action. But, he tells Neil Harman, it will have to be a cautious one ...

The Vall d’Or golf club in Porto Colom, Majorca, is decked in twinkling Christmas lights, its tree fully adorned, and Rafael Nadal
takes a soft seat in a corner that is a touch cramped so that he has to keep moving around, feeling for and flexing the most talked-about left knee in tennis.

On the table are copies of his biography, newly published in Italian,ready for him to sign; the front cover shows Nadal naked to the waist and with a degree of haughtiness on his face.

Looking at that and looking at him now, the suspicion is that he has lost a little weight, and his manner is thoughtful and a touch apprehensive. The preparation for the formal announcement of his return has carried over from weeks to months, thebulletins on his Facebook page, once brimful of images of swimming, fishing and family, have been
replaced by gym poses and his efforts on the practice court as Nadal has stepped it up. Now he is ready. Or is he?

He would love to tell you that he is free from concern, that the burdens have vanished, that he will be dashing about in the Abu Dhabi exhibition for three days next week like a frisky lamb, the like of which is depicted in the golf club’s nativity scene.

But he is guarded, and properly so. Of course, he wants to be back tothe old Rafa right away, swirling his racket like a cutlass, threshing aswath through the opposition, as the ball spits and dips from his strings accompanied by the guttural “aaarrggerr” he emits as it finds its spot in the corner.

That will not be the case in the Emirates next week. He will be playing to win; not much point being out there otherwise, but he will be playing foremost in the hope that he feels no pain. That is more important. And if he does feel a jolt, he will stop, pack his bags, fly home to Majorca and the process will start again.

“I am not nervous,” he says, nervously. “The only thing is the knee, the rest of the things, I can play better, I can play worse, it doesn’t matter how I play tennis in the next month or a month and a half; for me, my goal is not Abu Dhabi, it is not Doha, it is not the Australian Open — my goal is try to be fit, to be 100 per cent recovered with my knee and 100 per cent fit in personal performance by Indian Wells and Miami [the two hard-court American Masters 1000 events in March], to try to arrive to Monte Carlo and all the clay-court season in good shape.

“I’m going to try to play in Abu Dhabi, knowing the knee is still not perfect. The doctors say that the images are very good, so that is a big calm for me, but I still feel something. I need to be careful. I need to be focused on how the knee is getting better or worse every day,and don’t make a mistake that can be negative for my future.

“Not yet do I have the feeling that I am 100 per cent ready to compete, to say, ‘I’m going to go there, I will be ready to run for every ball, to play aggressive, to do what I want with my legs and then try to play my best tennis to win.’

“Today it is not the case, so I really don’t like to be on a court and don’t feel I can compete and run as much as I can and I want, so if that happens I will be changing my mind and will be back in Majorca and will keep practising with my recovery and change to try to play on clay.I don’t want to start with big doubts on the knee.”

With those cautionary thoughts in mind, those preparing the red carpets in Doha in the first week of January and at the Australian Open thereafter had better hold their horses. Nadal has not expended so much energy, tried to be as patient as a hyperactive 26-year-old champion can possibly be, and presented as much optimism as he can in the circumstances to throw it all away again.

A hard-court stretch beckons at the start of the year and it has been on these hard courts that the joints and muscles take their worst pounding, accelerating the wear and tear of the patella tendon that caused him to miss the last six months of the 2012 season.

“I accepted the situation very well and that it is part of my career,” he says. “Nothing can be easy and it is another challenge for me to try to be back to my best after a while out of competition. Missing the Olympic Games was a real negative, a sad moment, and the other is that, with this injury, nobody can tell me that I have four months, six months, eight months; it is day by day.

“If you break your leg and they tell you have eight months out — the first two months this, the second two months that — then you will start something. It is very sad, but it is easy because you create your plan in your mind. This is about going into the gym every day, working very hard, and with a lot of days like you don’t feel you improve. That is very tiring mentally.

“The uncertainty is the worst part. I haven’t been afraid about retirement or all these kind of things. I don’t have zero doubt, but the only thing is, tennis is not forever. It is not like golf, when you have 20 or 25 years. Tennis is a limited time and you know the time I lost last year will not come back.

“That is the negative thing of our sport, but it is a challenge, and with all that I won in the last eight years, it gives me a lot of calm to wait for the right moment to come back. Another thing I think is that you never know if this period of time will help me to have a longer career because I had a break mentally.

“I am a positive guy and I think that I won’t forget how to play tennis in six, eight months. I don’t know when I will be back, but it will take time to come back to my best. I will work very hard to be back where I would love to be. I’m going to play tennis another time, it’s not something I have forgotten how to do.

“I played more than 600 matches on the tour and I haven’t been two years without playing a match. The last tournament I played with real conditions was the French Open and I won it, so the emotions for that final and how I won are still there.

“What will not be important for me is the first point in Abu Dhabi. It will be when I feel that my knee is ready. It is not the right time yet to feel these kinds of things. I will have these feelings hopefully at the end of February and the beginning of March — that is when I’m going to be 100 per cent fit and when I really start the season and feel‘let’s start to win now’.”

You pause to let him reflect on the raw emotions at Roland Garros — where he won his seventh clay-court grand-slam tournament title and eleventh overall in May — and those at Wimbledon three weeks later when he persuaded himself that he was ready to play when he knew, deep down, that he was not. “Different things in my head make me feel very emotional [about winning the French Open],” he says. “Don’t forget I lost the Wimbledon final [of 2011], the US Open final, I lost the Australian final after almost six hours, and in Indian Wells and Miami.

“I felt I was playing great the whole [French] tournament, I felt the match was right, I was two sets to love and then the rain was there, the court starts to be more slow and [there are] heavy balls, so the top-spin was not creating pain on the game of [Novak] Djokovic and I spent a very bad night preparing for the next day. Not much sleep.

I had the problem of the knee, with injections to put it to sleep before the semi-final and final Has Nadal Unofficialy Retired? - Page 2 2786941968, so a lot of facts, with a lot of people supporting me in this period of time, made me emotional.

“I was enjoying more than ever being back in the real competition, because in 2011, although I won a lot against almost everybody except Djokovic Has Nadal Unofficialy Retired? - Page 2 4006036031, my passion for the game was going down — that was my feeling.
In 2012 I was enjoying it a lot more.

“The difficult thing was stopping. To say, ‘I’m not going to play Wimbledon because the knee is not good.’ When you are there it is very difficult. I am saying, ‘Please, doctor, do everything, but put me on court.’ They gave me more injections so I didn’t have the feeling, but I didn’t practise well for a week.

“I played the first match and the second with that, with no feeling. It is impossible to compete like this, but I tried. But if you are back in that position and you will do the same and lose in the second round, I will say, ‘No, I’m not that stupid, I’m not going to play.’ Before the tournament, I couldn’t predict that, but I tried.”

Might it be possible for Nadal to try to modify his style, to put less pressure on the areas of his body that have taken such exertion over the years? No one has played the game in his fashion and none may in the future.

“I would love to be that good to change, but I am good because I play this way,” he says. “If I play like [Roger] Federer, I’m not good, that’s the reality. Everybody plays with everything they have, so Federer understands the sport one way, Djokovic another way, Andy [Murray] another way, and I understand it my way.

“I didn’t start playing tennis a few months ago, I started at 3. My style has been always similar, that’s true, but my position on the court has improved, my serve has improved. But the general game you cannot change, the mind you cannot change. I think my way worked well. I don’t have a lot of options.

“My way is to play when I am ready to play my way. When I have played like this I’ve had the right results. I’ve been competing for everything and feeling I can beat everybody. So I am 26 years old, it is not the time to change a lot of things. It is time to recover well, to improve a few things that can help you, to run a little bit less. But the essence of the game will be the same.”

In Nadal’s absence the scenes shifted, as he knew they would. Murray won the Olympic gold he craved, Murray won the US Open that Nadal had won before. He watched the stories unfold with a sense that what he had always imagined would happen to the British No 1 had rightfully come to pass.

“You have asked me this question [about Murray winning a grand-slam] a lot of times,” Nadal says. “When you lost the confidence that Andy would win a grand-slam or would be a great champion, I always answered the same. When you are No 4 in the world, playing semi-finals and finals of grand-slams, all the same time playing Nadal, Federer, Djokovic, you will win a grand-slam soon. Because you got there time and again, if you feel great and the opponent doesn’t feel that great, you will win.”
But at two sets all, with Djokovic having won sets three and four, did you think Murray would prevail? Nadal pauses. I nudge him for an answer. “I was watching, yes, I will say I really thought Andy would win because the tennis owed him something. That was my feeling. The Olympics was a big change and with the calm of winning that at home, you
go to a grand-slam final and you feel that Andy, before the match, believed he was the favourite. If you really believe in yourself, it doesn’t matter if you were leading by two sets to love and the opponent comes back. I really felt Andy would win, even though you know how much a great champion Djokovic is and how many matches he had saved in difficult circumstances. ”

So he drives the five miles from the golf course to his home in Portocristo — his family lives in various homes around a picturesque bay where everyone can see everyone else — to pack for the trip to the Middle East. Spain, a country in the depths of financial despair, where there have been 21 successive quarters of rising unemployment, needs some good news, and Nadal may be about to provide a welcome respite from such overriding gloom.

“The situation in Spain is negative, so I cannot say being me is difficult,” he says. “What is difficult is the people who are suffering,trying to find work every week and to survive with very few things. That is difficult. Not being Rafa Nadal. It is a dream for me and I am lucky and I say thanks for the life and for what is happening to me.

“I really have done in all my life what I felt [inside]. I didn’t create an image. I don’t do things for what others will think of me. I do it my way. I try to do what for me is correct, what the close people to me and family taught me, and that is what I have done all my life. I feel very lucky to be who I am. I say thanks for the life, the sponsors who have confidence in me even more than ever in these kinds of moments.

“I have missed the feeling when you go inside the court, competing for something brings you something very special. This is not because you play a tennis match, but you are going to play in front of a lot of people who are cheering for you, who you know are behind you, supporting the sport, and that is something I missed. But I have to accept and await the right moment to be back.

“It will take time [to be the real Nadal again]. The people have to know when you are outside of the competition and haven’t played for a long time, you will have problems to come back to your best, but that is the beautiful thing of life — it gives you challenges, and this is another one. I think I have passed a few before with a very positive feeling and I hope that is going to happen again.”

Last edited by noleisthebest on Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:09 am; edited 2 times in total

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:40 pm

"the suspicion is that he has lost a little weight"
Gee I wonder why,,where did all the muscle tone deflate to?? Laugh
All this time in the world to rehabilitate his knees by play playing golf an jet skiing but no time in 6 months to pump iron in the gym?

Thats for Laverfan ^^

Edited

"have been replaced by gym poses and his efforts on the practice court as Nadal has stepped it up."
So he has been to the gym but has still lost weight
Amazing how he cant build muscle going to a gym but yet build muscle when he has no time to visit a gym! Laugh

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:36 am

Nadal now says he isn't expecting to be fully fit bebore March 2013. In a latest interview to a Spanish daily, he said his main focus will be the clay season.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/rafael-nadal-does-not-expect-to-be-fully-fit-before-march/311971-5-22.html

"My goal is to be in shape, get back to feeling completely fine and feeling completely prepared. My season, my real objective, is to be in perfect condition for Indian Wells and Miami (in March) and get to Monte Carlo (in April) with good feelings, to tackle the clay season in good shape. The last tournament I played in good shape was Roland Garros and I won it. The end of February or March is when I will feel good. That's when my season starts, that's when I'll tell myself that I am ready to win."

See the line above in bold. He and his camp has been lying so much and for so long, its getting hard for them even to remember what they had been saying previously. Had to be this way, a liar is never consistent with what he says. He was all saying about the knee injury and playing trough the pain throughout the Clay season including RG. And now he says he was in good shape. Now he is a proven one.

Does LK and anyone else still want to believe in what all crap he utters about his injury? He is anything but injured.

There was once a time when I liked Nadal for the great competitive play. Even if I leave the doping and all aside, its impossible to like a liar who takes people to be morons.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by SayonaRa Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:40 am

Good catch raiders, totally agree.

He can lie all he wants but the truth will come out sooner
or later. It’s called payback for bad karma. What injuries? He wasn’t injured
in either RG or Wimby. I’m inclined to agree with the theory that he failed a
drug test pre-Wimby 2012 (not his first. He allegedly failed one around WTF
11). So they banned him and he had to pull out of London.
That was the reason he let rosol win, it was pre-planned (no disrespect to
rosol).

Yes, to be fair nadal did bring something special to the atp
during the 1st half of his career. But look at him now. Just
pathetic. He’s done nothing but cried INCESSANTLY about a non-existence knee
issue. Wasn’t he the fearless, tireless and strongest el toro before? Now just another
paper tiger, excuses ready to go 2 days before Abu Dhabi,
still whining about not 100%. Which sports champ do you know behave like this? It’s an utter disgrace.

SayonaRa

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:50 pm

NADAL PULLS OUT OF ABU DHABI!!!

"Rafael Nadal's return to competition has been delayed by a stomach virus.

The Spaniard was scheduled to play in an exhibition tournament in Abu Dhabi on Thursday after missing seven months because of tendinitis in his left knee. But he said on his Facebook page on Tuesday that his doctors ordered him to pull out when he was running a fever, telling him his body needed rest.

"My rehab has gone well, my knee feels good and I was looking forward to competing," he said.

The 11-time Grand Slam champion hasn't played since June, when he lost to 100th-ranked Lukas Rosol in the second round at Wimbledon."

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by SayonaRa Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:05 pm

ports.ndtv.com/tennis/news/item/201168-rafael-nadal-pulls-out-of-abu-dhabi-with-stomach-bug

I think you're right, noley, looks like the guy is heading towards unofficial retirement. I don't expect to see him at AO. He's turned into a cowardly lion. Has Nadal Unofficialy Retired? - Page 2 2033450363

PS: In all seriously I'm so disappointed. I was really looking forward to see him play after the long absence. I guess he simply chickened out. I feel sorry for his fans. Has Nadal Unofficialy Retired? - Page 2 2211252749

SayonaRa

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:01 pm

SR wrote:ports.ndtv.com/tennis/news/item/201168-rafael-nadal-pulls-out-of-abu-dhabi-with-stomach-bug

I think you're right, noley, looks like the guy is heading towards unofficial retirement. I don't expect to see him at AO. He's turned into a cowardly lion. Has Nadal Unofficialy Retired? - Page 2 2033450363

PS: In all seriously I'm so disappointed. I was really looking forward to see him play after the long absence. I guess he simply chickened out. I feel sorry for his fans. Has Nadal Unofficialy Retired? - Page 2 2211252749

Morybundus still needs to get a couple of trashings before his retirement and what else would Tony do. There is no sorry for fans of this shitless player Has Nadal Unofficialy Retired? - Page 2 123628122

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by SayonaRa Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:37 pm

Has Nadal Unofficialy Retired? - Page 2 2033450363 I thought I'm a tough customer. You're way tougher than me.

I said I was disappointed bc yes, I really wanted to see him crushed. I want to see the real nadal the paper tiger when he's not playing on his terms, I mean minus the "magic portion" we've been accustomed to seeing him being empowered by it for so long.

Now I don't think my wish of seeing fed beat him will come true anymore. Looks like he's running scared and will quit tennis soon. I heard already he's not likely to play Doha, which means he will not play AO without any match practice.

Speaking of his fans, V2 feels like a morgue. So many nadal fans there but not a sound about their hero's withdrawal. I guess it hurts too much to talk about it seriously?

SayonaRa

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:00 pm

v2 on a Christmas break SR, there is not much to discuss in this off-season (apart from Nadal).

OTF is more Nadal-obsessed than v2, it's the oxygen here.
I'm a nadal fan- I'm like the carbon monoxide- no wonder you guys want me out Laugh

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:01 pm

SR wrote:Has Nadal Unofficialy Retired? - Page 2 2033450363 I thought I'm a tough customer. You're way tougher than me.

I said I was disappointed bc yes, I really wanted to see him crushed. I want to see the real nadal the paper tiger when he's not playing on his terms, I mean minus the "magic portion" we've been accustomed to seeing him being empowered by it for so long.

Now I don't think my wish of seeing fed beat him will come true anymore. Looks like he's running scared and will quit tennis soon. I heard already he's not likely to play Doha, which means he will not play AO without any match practice.

Speaking of his fans, V2 feels like a morgue. So many nadal fans there but not a sound about their hero's withdrawal. I guess it hurts too much to talk about it seriously?

Absolutely agree. Thanks SR, exactly, the "tough" becomes incredibly soft when writing about Morybundus, but he is sheer exception Has Nadal Unofficialy Retired? - Page 2 4006036031

V2 is like a group of believers who think that this Morybundus´ excuses is something temporarish, which will disappear and new era of their hero begin again, that is foolish. They need to reconcile that their hero is behind his zenit and goes down. Quite funny to have a look at the v2 topics there from time to time. V2 is sick as their hero. Morybundus has definitely hit v2.

I do not remember a player who was so full of fears as Morybundus, that is something special. I would give him an award of the biggest "Scared scumbag" who has been ever playing tennis. That is only the award which he can own forever.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:09 pm

The only one who is scared here is you Laugh
Scared that Nadal might come back to his best and destroy his rivals.

Remember even if he does stop now he already has 11 slams, that's more than anyone from the Czech Republic has ever accumulated Laugh

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:11 pm

A quote from James Blake, who unlike you and me Paul, has actually played in the professional circuit:
http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/articles/2012-09-08/201209081347132610283.html

'Rafael Nadal. He seems fearless on the court.'

James Blake Applause
Hatahs Laugh

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:23 pm

Amritia3ee wrote:The only one who is scared here is you Has Nadal Unofficialy Retired? - Page 2 2033450363
Scared that Nadal might come back to his best and destroy his rivals.

Remember even if he does stop now he already has 11 slams, that's more than anyone from the Czech Republic has ever accumulated Has Nadal Unofficialy Retired? - Page 2 2033450363

Amritia, be happy with 11. You are not correct, somebody from Czech got 18, but it does not matter.

I like that you have somebody like an idol, that is it.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:42 pm

That's a lie Laugh
No one from the Czech Republic has got 18 Grand Slam Titles.

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:40 pm

Amritia3ee wrote:That's a lie Has Nadal Unofficialy Retired? - Page 2 2033450363

Amri, as a non-biased tennis lover, surely, you must have heard of one of the best playera ever to pick up a racquet, her name is Martina Navratilova.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:42 pm

SR wrote:

Say hello to them from Tenez and myself Has Nadal Unofficialy Retired? - Page 2 1071211947

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:55 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Amritia3ee wrote:That's a lie Has Nadal Unofficialy Retired? - Page 2 2033450363

Amri, as a non-biased tennis lover, surely, you must have heard of one of the best playera ever to pick up a racquet, her name is Martina Navratilova.
She's counts as American now Thumbs Up
*According to wikipedia

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:07 pm

Amritia3ee wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:

She's counts as American now Has Nadal Unofficialy Retired? - Page 2 3157886161
*According to wikipedia

So is Ivan Lendl.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:17 pm

Why do they all go to USA? They should stay in Czech Republic.

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:29 pm

Amritia3ee wrote:Why do they all go to USA? They should stay in Czech Republic.

That's their personal choice. Probably better training conditions due to good weather all year round. The fact is , they are both Czechs and have learnt to play tennis there, so US has not contributed anything to them as players.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:40 pm

They should be loyal to Czech Republic.

Henman still stays in England Thumbs Up

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:47 pm

Amritia3ee wrote:Why do they all go to USA? They should stay in Czech Republic.

Hey a girl Amritia, only youth is your excuse Has Nadal Unofficialy Retired? - Page 2 1071211947

Both Ivan and Martina grew up in Czech in communist era, when the tennis was considered as an anti-regime or a capitalistic sport. Communists did not enable sportmen to travel abroad freely, there were restrictions to travel for players, their coaches and families. So the tennis had its restricted conditions till 89´. No wonder, that both these great players emigrated in US. There can not be any criticism to them.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:51 pm

paulcz wrote:
Hey a girl Amritia, only youth is your excuse Has Nadal Unofficialy Retired? - Page 2 1071211947
That's not only factually incorrect, it's also wrong grammar.

paulcz wrote:
Both Ivan and Martina grew up in Czech in communist era, when the tennis was considered as an anti-regime or a capitalistic sport. Communists did not enable sportmen to travel abroad freely, there were restrictions to travel for players, their coaches and families. So the tennis had its restricted conditions till 89´. No wonder, that both these great players emigrated in US. There can not be any criticism to them.
Why doesn't Lendl live there now?
He stays in Miami I think.

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:01 pm

Amritia3ee wrote:
paulcz wrote:

paulcz wrote:

As someone who likes to remind others of diverting from the topic of the thread, can you please refrain from unnecessary diversions and low punches.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:06 pm

NITB, on Paul's thread you were talking about a James Bond party you went to.

Should have reminded yourself there too I suppose Laugh

As for 'low punches'; coming from you that's quite a statement Laugh

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:14 pm

Amritia3ee wrote:
paulcz wrote:

paulcz wrote:

So, an older girl "Amritia" Has Nadal Unofficialy Retired? - Page 2 1071211947

please think a little bit about it before you ask such questions. Either you are very young or a kind of Morybundus pack or a mix of both. Unbiased fan, here is the answer:

Ivan is married with American Samantha Franklin and has 5 daughters and lives in US since 86´, so from that it is obvious that he will stay in US.

The end of explanations.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:19 pm

paulcz wrote:

So, an older girl "Amritia"
Still wrong Sherlock Laugh

paulcz wrote:
Ivan is married with American Samantha Franklin and has 5 daughters and lives in US since 86´, so from that it is obvious that he will stay in US.

The end of explanations.
He could move back to the Czech Republic, although I can see why he stays in the USA Thumbs Up

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:22 pm

OK back on topic,
Only really SR has answered the title of the article so far.

I will now answer:
No.

I don't think he's unofficially retired.

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:19 pm

amrit i am interested to hear your views on the current plight of rafa.

why was he going to play in the exhibition 2mo despite claims he wouldn't play in aus and would start his 2013 campaign in viva la mexico?

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:39 pm

luvsports! wrote:amrit i am interested to hear your views on the current plight of rafa.

why was he going to play in the exhibition 2mo despite claims he wouldn't play in aus and would start his 2013 campaign in viva la mexico?

He was due to play tomorrow, but has pulled out due to a stomach virus.
He says his knee is improving, but he recognises that as soon as he returns he won't be back to his best.

He never said he wouldn't play Aus- however he did say that's it's unlikely he would reach his top level coming back after such a long time.

It's up to him I suppose- should he bother returning for the HC season, or rest more and then come back on clay?
We'll see. As I said when he does come back, and if and when he comes back to his best, he is practically unbeatable (on all surfaces apart from indoor HC). There is a reason some fans of other players are almost obsessed with him- and are constantly thinking of new names for him. On the inside they know, as do I, at his best he takes Djokovic, after a poor 2011 Nadal has changed his tactics against the Serb and he has now beaten Djoko 3 times in a row in the last 3 matches, Federer is basically his pet rabbit when they play in Grand Slams, and Murray has a massive losing H2h against him.
They hope, they hope desperately that he doesn't come back to full force. Because when he does.... when he does the others are truly f*cked.

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:46 pm

yes that point just shows you are not unbiased and are a big rafa fan.
I mean that in a good way btw, but i feel you should drop this pretense it just isn't working.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:26 pm

'Miracles do not exist and I am unlikely to return and compete for the Australian Open'.
Although he hasn't said categorically he will miss Aus, he is hinting at it no?

you didn't answer the question though. If we go by this quote, why would he play abu dhabi but not play a month later?
surely he should just rest as much as possible rather than risk aggravating the injury even more no?

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:34 pm

That was a mistranslation from an interview with Radio Onda Cero.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rFzlzihxEc

The translation into English isn't like 'complete' ie 'enter' but like 'compete' as in 'compete for the AO Grand Slam. '

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:42 pm

From the Onda Cero website:
http://www.ondacero.es/audios-online/al-primer-toque/al-primer-toque-entrevistas/nadal-improbable-que-pueda-llegar-abierto-australia-ganar_2012120400004.html

Nadal: 'Es improbable que pueda llegar al Abierto de Australia y ganar'
Translation in English: It is unlikely that one can return to the Australian Open and win.'

If you do not believe me, you can use a spanish dictionary, but this is totally different from saying 'i am unlikely to compete' as in 'enter'.

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:05 pm

i believe ya bud dw.
how about this one?
"I'd like to return in January, but I'm not expecting to win the Open."

Why is there even that uncertainty if he was going to play in abu dhabi like a month before hand?!?!

surely he should be fine for aus. Was he saying aus may not happen as a precaution just in case he damaged his knee again in abu dhabi? We cannot know this unless he said something about it.

please can you address this question without responding with a question of your own, not too much to ask right? appreciate it.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:27 pm

"I'd like to return in January, but I'm not expecting to win the Open."
Yes he said that.

Are you asking why and what he was saying?

I'll answer (without making any questions of my own lol).
Basically Rafa's saying that he needs a month or so of match practice before coming back to his best as he has been out of the game for so long. This makes sense, as normally Nadal does tend to be a bit slow after coming back from injury, and this is his longest break yet.

Does it make sense? smiley

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:31 pm

it does thanks but i don't agree with it smiley happy holls!

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:33 pm

luvsports! wrote: happy holls!
Same to you Thumbs Up

it does thanks but i don't agree with it smiley
What don't you agree with?
Do you think Nadal can win the AO after so much time out?

From an impartial perspective, I really don't think he can, no way.

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:14 am

Amritia3ee wrote:v2 on a Christmas break SR, there is not much to discuss in this off-season (apart from Nadal).

He is the only one making sure to keep media informed about his chores. I have never seen a player who ( and whose camp) engages who much with the media.

Amritia3ee wrote:OTF is more Nadal-obsessed than v2, it's the oxygen here.
No. If anyone is obsessed about Nadal , its you. Look how far have you gone in your blind love for him, so that you can just like and enjoy Nadal ( you know what I mean Winking ). Do you see any of us like that? Naah.. so who is obsessed?

Amritia3ee wrote:I'm a nadal fan- I'm like the carbon monoxide- no wonder you guys want me out Laugh

Yes right. And I suppose you are still here only because I would need a written approval from The President for it, isn' it? Dear amri, stop acting like a mud laden hippo diva queen who likes to think that the flies are attracted to her because she is so beautiful. If anyone would want you out of here, it would not take more than 2-3 mouse clicks for me. But you are still here, because we respect posters and their opinions.. including yours. Thumbs Up

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:22 pm

Will he or will he not? THAT is the question!

"The race is on between two Australian tournaments to try and secure a commitment from Rafael Nadal to accept a wild card invitation. Nadal just pulled out of the Abu Dhabi exhibition with the stomach flu, and itis unclear whether he will be healthy enough to contest the ATP tournament in Doha next week. The Spaniard has not played since Wimbledon. The eight-man exhibition at the Kooyong Club in Melbourne, which begins on January 9, is holding a spot open for him, as is the ATP stop in Sydney, which begins on January 7.

“I’m sorry to hear that Rafa’s plans for a return in Abu Dhabi are not as he wanted,” Kooyong tournament director Colin Stubs told the Australian media. “We’ve not heard anything official but his management knows we are ready to help if we can.”

Sydney tournament director Craig Watson has also been in contact with Nadal’s agent.

“It hasn’t suited him in the past, but this year is different because he’s carrying an injury and he needs to be match fit before the Australian Open,” Watson told The Daily Telegraph.“It’s only his stomach, but if the problem continues he could very well
be looking to play that second week of January, which would be great. No question it’s a long shot, but where he is now things could quickly become unhinged if he doesn’t get that match practice.”

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:40 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:
He is the only one making sure to keep media informed about his chores. I have never seen a player who ( and whose camp) engages who much with the media.
This feeling only arises because on OTF there is so much scrutiny over anything he says.
One statement he says in Spanish gets mistranslated into three different things in English as well, that adds to it.
But in general I don't think so at all, on Facebook I am a fan of both Nadal and Tsonga fan pages which keep track of all media interactions. There's not much difference between the two in this respect, both Facebook pages are relatively busy.

No. If anyone is obsessed about Nadal , its you. Look how far have you gone in your blind love for him, so that you can just like and enjoy Nadal ( you know what I mean ). Do you see any of us like that? Naah.. so who is obsessed?
Obsessed can be both positive and negatively used.
I like Nadal in a positive way, but some on here seem to be obsessed thinking of new adjectives for him all the time, obsessing over every single thing he says etc.

And I suppose you are still here only because I would need a written approval from The President for it, isn' it?
No. I doubt this is the case.

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:04 pm

NADAL PULLS OUT OF AUSTRALIAN OPEN!!!

Has this thread been prophetic or what? Has Nadal Unofficialy Retired? - Page 2 1071211947

"The Australian Open has confirmed that 2009 champion Rafael Nadal has withdrawn from this year's tournament with a stomach virus.
"I am sorry and very sad to announce that I will not play in the Australian Open," Nadal said in a statement. "My knee is coming along okay, but a stomach virus has left me unable to get ready in time to tackle the rigours of a Grand Slam.

"Because of the virus, I have been unable to get any match practice andsimply would not be doing myself or my friends in Australia justice if Iwent down there so unprepared. You need your body to be at its best for the Australian Open.

"It was a difficult decision and I am extremely disappointed to be missing such a great event. I love coming to Melbourne and playing on Rod Laver Arena before the Australian crowds. It brings out the best in
me. It hurts to have to wait another 12 months before I get another chance. In the meantime, the focus is now on desperately trying to get back on the tour."

Nadal previously withdrew from this week's exhibition tournament in AbuDhabi with a stomach virus, and has also pulled out of Doha, where he was scheduled to compete next week.

Doctors have advised that Nadal take a week-long period of rest without training, beginning today. He will then be examined and have an x-ray in four to five days.

“Rafa suffered last week a viral process that provoked a gastroenteritis with high fever for four to five days,” said Angel
Ruiz-Cotorro, who heads Nadal’s medical team and is the director of the Mapfre Center for Tennis Medicine. “Starting next week he won’t be in sufficient physical conditions to continue with his rehabilitation process.”

Rafa’s uncle and coach, Toni Nadal, added that there wouldn't be enough time for Rafael to properly prepare for the Australian Open.

“It is simply not conceivable that his first event is a best of five sets event, he wouldn’t be ready for that,” Toni Nadal said. "It is true we have been quite unlucky with this but there is nothing we can do. After all this time it is better to do things well and the most professional thing to do is to start when we are ready.”

In an interview with the London Times last week, Rafael Nadal said that his knee “is still not perfect. The doctors say that the
images are very good, so that is a big calm for me, but I still feel something. I need to be careful. I need to be focused on how the knee isgetting better or worse every day, and don’t make a mistake that can be negative for my future.

“What will not be important for me is the first point in Abu Dhabi where he was scheduled to play. It will be when I feel that my knee is ready. It is not the right time yet to feel these kinds of things. I will have these feelings hopefully at the end of February and the beginning of March—that is when I’m going to be 100 percent fit and when I really start the season and feel ‘Let’s start to win now’.”

Nadal has not played on tour since losing in the second round of Wimbledon to Lukas Rosol. He is targeting the clay-court tournament in Acapulco, in early February, as a return date."

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by sphairistike Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:22 pm

One tournament at a time... Has Nadal Unofficialy Retired? - Page 2 1071211947

sphairistike

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:24 pm

sphairistike wrote:One tournament at a time... Has Nadal Unofficialy Retired? - Page 2 1071211947

It's unbelievable, isn't it?
The guy just doesn't stop to amaze me with his innovative ways, he is a genius....I bet he fakes his poor English as well!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by sphairistike Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:29 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
sphairistike wrote:One tournament at a time... Has Nadal Unofficialy Retired? - Page 2 1071211947

The guy just doesn't stop to amaze me with his innovative ways, he is a genius....I bet he fakes his poor English as well!

Everything about this guy is fake! Has Nadal Unofficialy Retired? - Page 2 563610107

sphairistike

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:15 pm

sphairistike wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:

Everything about this guy is fake! Has Nadal Unofficialy Retired? - Page 2 563610107

I would not be surprised if Nadal´s camp would come up with an idea that Nadals want to establish a new tennis pro tour organisation which will propose to play only on clay or something similar. They can not be taken seriously anymoreHas Nadal Unofficialy Retired? - Page 2 2786941968

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by SayonaRa Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:29 am

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:Nadal now says he isn't expecting to be fully fit bebore March 2013. In a latest interview to a Spanish daily, he said his main focus will be the clay season.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/rafael-nadal-does-not-expect-to-be-fully-fit-before-march/311971-5-22.html

"My goal is to be in shape, get back to feeling completely fine and feeling completely prepared. My season, my real objective, is to be in perfect condition for Indian Wells and Miami (in March) and get to Monte Carlo (in April) with good feelings, to tackle the clay season in good shape. The last tournament I played in good shape was Roland Garros and I won it. The end of February or March is when I will feel good. That's when my season starts, that's when I'll tell myself that I am ready to win."

See the line above in bold. He and his camp has been lying so much and for so long, its getting hard for them even to remember what they had been saying previously. Had to be this way, a liar is never consistent with what he says. He was all saying about the knee injury and playing trough the pain throughout the Clay season including RG. And now he says he was in good shape. Now he is a proven one.

Does LK and anyone else still want to believe in what all crap he utters about his injury? He is anything but injured.

There was once a time when I liked Nadal for the great competitive play. Even if I leave the doping and all aside, its impossible to like a liar who takes people to be morons.

raiders: "He was all saying about the knee injury and playing trough the pain throughout the Clay season including RG."
I'm looking for the best link for this contraditory nadal camp statement. Do you happen to have it? Thanks and have a great New Year. Has Nadal Unofficialy Retired? - Page 2 3885497126

SayonaRa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next