Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Russia banned from all competitions for 4 years!
Miami Open - 2019 - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2019 7:41 pm by Tenez

» Some humour for this forum
Miami Open - 2019 - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2019 6:51 pm by naxroy

» Generation Worthless
Miami Open - 2019 - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 24, 2019 10:43 pm by BEL19VE

» World Tour Final - London 2019
Miami Open - 2019 - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 24, 2019 12:23 am by naxroy

» Will Nadal ever win a Tour Finals title?
Miami Open - 2019 - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 16, 2019 2:34 am by summerblues

» When cupcake draws can't save you
Miami Open - 2019 - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2019 10:16 pm by Daniel2

» General Election 2019: Advice
Miami Open - 2019 - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2019 7:01 pm by bogbrush

» Fall 2019 tournaments
Miami Open - 2019 - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2019 2:16 pm by legendkillar

» Has Rafa asked Fed to his nuptials, and would Fed go if asked?
Miami Open - 2019 - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2019 6:11 pm by barrystar

December 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
      1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031     

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum


Miami Open - 2019

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Miami Open - 2019 - Page 7 Empty Re: Miami Open - 2019

Post by Tenez on Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:07 am

noleisthebest wrote:..Those who advocate Federer's tennis vs Blake was better than in 2017 are either trolls
certainly looks like it

or...it's quite amazing they can't see what looks glaringly obvious.
I suspect it is an ego thing. Some will never admit they were wrong. Look at SB trying to change the goal posts above. Sad really.

Not so much for the sake of tennis but life in general. Yikes
It does indeed explain in part the mess the world is in. For instance politicians making wrong decisions all the time (wilfully or stupidly) but keep going in the wrong direction to save face. Anyway let's keep to tennis.

p.s.
I feel I've been round this circle more than I wanted to, still had to make this comment as the quality of tennis and the stratospheric ecstasy he was hitting while playing, I couldn't help it. Big Grin

I know, I just enjoy rubbing noses of big egos. Winking

Tenez

Posts : 20363
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

Miami Open - 2019 - Page 7 Empty Re: Miami Open - 2019

Post by bogbrush on Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:50 am

Tenez, you really do behave like an idiot over this.

Still, with nitb as Robin to your Batman you are never alone. The Caped Crusader and his girl blunder!

bogbrush

Posts : 2829
Join date : 2015-03-30
Location : England

Back to top Go down

Miami Open - 2019 - Page 7 Empty Re: Miami Open - 2019

Post by Jahu on Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:49 pm

Yes, the Live Tournamet Threads should be kept clean from History and ifs and buts, let it be a Tournament chat.

Anyone interested in History should make a sticky Thread where everyone shouts over who is right and why everyone else is wrong  Laugh Laugh

Jahu

Posts : 3832
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

Back to top Go down

Miami Open - 2019 - Page 7 Empty Re: Miami Open - 2019

Post by summerblues on Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:27 am

Jahu wrote:Yes, the Live Tournamet Threads should be kept clean from History and ifs and buts, let it be a Tournament chat.

Anyone interested in History should make a sticky Thread where everyone shouts over who is right and why everyone else is wrong  Laugh Laugh
Very wholesome intentions but I think this forum is too small to start splitting threads off.  I think we just need to let it flow in its natural direction.  There was no tennis to discuss last week anyway.

I expect that once the clay court season starts in earnest, the talk will naturally drift more toward tournaments at hand anyway.  Imagine the possibilities:  Rafa and Nole getting bounced in first/second rounds tournament after tournament.  That would cheer us all up!

summerblues

Posts : 4907
Join date : 2012-05-19

Back to top Go down

Miami Open - 2019 - Page 7 Empty Re: Miami Open - 2019

Post by Tenez on Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:10 am

bogbrush wrote:Tenez, you really do behave like an idiot over this.

Still, with nitb as Robin to your Batman you are never alone. The Caped Crusader and his girl blunder!

You are pathetic BB. Sphair doesn't agree with me but look at our communication. Fair and polite. Ask yourself why you are being treated differently.

You have clearly lost the argument which leaves you with no choice but being insulting. Not the first time.

Tenez

Posts : 20363
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

Miami Open - 2019 - Page 7 Empty Re: Miami Open - 2019

Post by Tenez on Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:12 am

Jahu wrote:Yes, the Live Tournamet Threads should be kept clean from History and ifs and buts, let it be a Tournament chat.

Anyone interested in History should make a sticky Thread where everyone shouts over who is right and why everyone else is wrong  Laugh Laugh

You right jahu. Let's move on to MC.

Can't wait to see how Nadal has once again recovered from injury with a better game than before injury!

Tenez

Posts : 20363
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

Miami Open - 2019 - Page 7 Empty Re: Miami Open - 2019

Post by BEL19VE on Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:27 am

Tenez wrote:
Can't wait to see how Nadal has once again recovered from injury with a better game than before injury!

This shows another flaw in your theory actually.  
If players are improving because of the experience and practice they get from playing high level matches, then explain how Federer took 6 months out in 2016 and then in 2017 started playing better tennis immediately than he did at any point in the years before that (and since then hasn't been as good).
Was it his training sessions with his coaching team in late 2016? If you can improve your game by training with coaches, keep in mind there's no reason that the coaching itself would be a higher level in 2016 than 2014 etc. So it doesn't suit your theory of constant improvement due to higher quality of matches. Nadal playing well in 2013 on his return is another example just like Federer 2017.

BEL19VE

Posts : 5417
Join date : 2013-05-03

Back to top Go down

Miami Open - 2019 - Page 7 Empty Re: Miami Open - 2019

Post by bogbrush on Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:44 am

Tenez wrote:
bogbrush wrote:Tenez, you really do behave like an idiot over this.

Still, with nitb as Robin to your Batman you are never alone. The Caped Crusader and his girl blunder!

You are pathetic BB. Sphair doesn't agree with me but look at our communication. Fair and polite. Ask yourself why you are being treated differently.

You have clearly lost the argument which leaves you with no choice but being insulting. Not the first time.
Oh don't be such a dope - you're the one who goes on about rubbing noses in egos then tries to get sanctimonious.

Look, I get it; you've attached yourself to this idea that it's just a case of perpetual improvement in the game. I know why you did it, because you wanted to devalue the impact of Djokovic and claim his hegemony is simply a natural by-product of this process (funny how you sucked nitb into aligning herself with this!). 
Unfortunately it causes you to have to make increasingly absurd claims that guys like Rublev would somehow be cleaning up Slams if they were playing in 2005,or you have to look at the sheer majestic glory of the Federer / Blake highlights and somehow align yourself to the idea it wasn't spectacular.

bogbrush

Posts : 2829
Join date : 2015-03-30
Location : England

Back to top Go down

Miami Open - 2019 - Page 7 Empty Re: Miami Open - 2019

Post by noleisthebest on Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:03 am

bogbrush wrote:
Look, I get it; you've attached yourself to this idea that it's just a case of perpetual improvement in the game. I know why you did it, because you wanted to devalue the impact of Djokovic and claim his hegemony is simply a natural by-product of this process (funny how you sucked nitb into aligning herself with this!). 
Unfortunately it causes you to have to make increasingly absurd claims that guys like Rublev would somehow be cleaning up Slams if they were playing in 2005,or you have to look at the sheer majestic glory of the Federer / Blake highlights and somehow align yourself to the idea it wasn't spectacular.
Your perspective (just like anyone else's) is interesting and appreciated.
However, that doesn't mean it's correct.

I would suggest that it's more beneficial and rewarding to find out what one thinks and understand their reasoning rather than view everything exclusively through a personal lense.
Being in a personal fortress is limiting (and dead boring), get out BB and enjoy the mingle.

'nitb" has so much more to offer than what you perceive and receive as a result of that perception.

Likewise, I would like to believe you are more than a toiled brush scraping faeces deliberately being/coming across a combative hedgehog...what's the joy in that?

"My dad's bigger than your" era is over.

noleisthebest

Posts : 27760
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

Miami Open - 2019 - Page 7 Empty Re: Miami Open - 2019

Post by bogbrush on Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:48 pm

noleisthebest wrote:

Likewise, I would like to believe you are more than a toiled brush scraping faeces deliberately being/coming across a combative hedgehog...what's the joy in that?
Personally I love it! Winking

bogbrush

Posts : 2829
Join date : 2015-03-30
Location : England

Back to top Go down

Miami Open - 2019 - Page 7 Empty Re: Miami Open - 2019

Post by noleisthebest on Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:49 pm

bogbrush wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:

Likewise, I would like to believe you are more than a toiled brush scraping faeces deliberately being/coming across a combative hedgehog...what's the joy in that?
Personally I love it! Winking

You know what they say...charity starts at home! smiley

noleisthebest

Posts : 27760
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

Miami Open - 2019 - Page 7 Empty Re: Miami Open - 2019

Post by Daniel2 on Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:05 pm

Yeah, here's the thing:

Federer being better in nearly all ways back in 2006 isn't just backed up by results - it's backed up by observable facts and also the stats.  

But even if I were to compile the running speed, shot speed, winner ratio, first serve %, rally count, and every other stat that proves NITB and Tenez are talking out of their anus, nothing will change.  They don't want to believe or accept it.  They'd rather peddle this myth that players just got better and better and Federer was saved by a racquet change.

Utterly clueless about tennis doesn't even begin to cover it.

Daniel2

Posts : 410
Join date : 2019-01-09

Back to top Go down

Miami Open - 2019 - Page 7 Empty Re: Miami Open - 2019

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum