Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
federer - Only injuries will end Federer, Nadal and Djokovic's dominance EmptySat Mar 16, 2024 8:25 am by Daniel2

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
federer - Only injuries will end Federer, Nadal and Djokovic's dominance EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
federer - Only injuries will end Federer, Nadal and Djokovic's dominance EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
federer - Only injuries will end Federer, Nadal and Djokovic's dominance EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
federer - Only injuries will end Federer, Nadal and Djokovic's dominance EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
federer - Only injuries will end Federer, Nadal and Djokovic's dominance EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
federer - Only injuries will end Federer, Nadal and Djokovic's dominance EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
federer - Only injuries will end Federer, Nadal and Djokovic's dominance EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
federer - Only injuries will end Federer, Nadal and Djokovic's dominance EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Only injuries will end Federer, Nadal and Djokovic's dominance

4 posters

Go down

federer - Only injuries will end Federer, Nadal and Djokovic's dominance Empty Only injuries will end Federer, Nadal and Djokovic's dominance

Post by luvsports! Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:47 pm

Wrote this, the first of 13 I have been asked to do over the tournament, about my views on the Next Gen.

Thoughts?

https://www.theroar.com.au/2019/01/10/only-injuries-will-end-federer-nadal-and-djokovics-dominance/

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

federer - Only injuries will end Federer, Nadal and Djokovic's dominance Empty Re: Only injuries will end Federer, Nadal and Djokovic's dominance

Post by Tenez Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:58 pm

2 points: nadal and Djoko are 5 and 6 years younger than Federer so if they were to stop winning slams now, Nadal and Djoko could not be compared to Federer. Djoko and Nadal can be considered at their peak tennis wise, though to win slams it's going get harder because age is going to start to show. I agree it is not the case yet but if they were to be slamless from now on, then clearly they should not be put in teh same bag as federer.

Federer is clearly declining now overall. I am sure he has a better control of the ball now than ever, however he is simply not on the ball as much as he was. Hence he is so far the only player/champ who declined without finding his master. It could be argued that Djoko became better but clearly it remains to be proven.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

federer - Only injuries will end Federer, Nadal and Djokovic's dominance Empty Re: Only injuries will end Federer, Nadal and Djokovic's dominance

Post by Jahu Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:47 pm

"arguably the three greatest players of all time"....I stopped reading there, cause there is nothing to argue, hope your other 12 writing are more consistent with the truth  Laugh Laugh

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel2 Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:58 pm

Federer hasn't dominated the slams in years...  because of age.

Djokovic and Nadal will follow... because of age.

UNless you think Federer can win at 62 if he remains injury free?

More guff. 

Also, Nadal and Djok are not as good as Sampras and Borg.

Daniel2

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:24 pm

Daniel2 wrote:Federer hasn't dominated the slams in years...  because of age.

More guff. 

No Federer stopped winning slams cause he was playing with old tools as well as got injured.

What do you mean by Nadal and Djoko being not as "good" as past champs? This is a very subjective statement with so many factors being different, it's not even worth digging in.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel2 Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:04 am

Oh, yeah, I forgot.  Players keep improving. Age is not a factor.  I am looking forward to Grandpa Fed...  63 with a New Neo Zeo backhand.  Laugh

Daniel2

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:33 pm

Daniel2 wrote:Federer hasn't dominated the slams in years...  because of age.

More guff. 

He has won three slams in the last couple of years. 
Fedalovic has not been replaced, have they?

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down