» Men's Final - USO 2018
Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:36 pm by legendkillar

» How good is Stefanos Tsitsipas?
Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:15 pm by Jahu

» Ladies Final - USO 2018
Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:48 am by bogbrush

» Why the big 3 Slam tally might never be matched
Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:26 pm by Jahu

» Has there ever been a more eventful grand slam?
Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:51 pm by Jahu

» Mens SF - USO2018
Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:41 pm by Tenez

» Screech is back - and not a moment too soon
Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:44 pm by Daniel

» Could Djokovic achieve the greatest comeback since 'Lazarus'?
Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:42 pm by Daniel

September 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Ladies Final - USO 2018

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Ladies Final - USO 2018

Post by break_in_the_fifth on Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:26 pm

According to Serena's coach, Osaka's coach was coaching the whole time and they all do it Yikes

break_in_the_fifth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu on Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:26 pm

Mats said Ramos should/could of calmed Serena, state the rules, that he can;t take the warning back or apologize, but did not say that Ramos was wrong on punishment, but also that Serena knows the rules and these are not kids playing but grown up professionals.

Jahu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DEC1M7 on Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:41 pm

This is hilarious, Serena in press looking confused that Patrick has admitted guilt.

DEC1M7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush on Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:03 am

DEC1M7 wrote:This is hilarious, Serena in press looking confused that Patrick has admitted guilt.
They should apologise for telling her that.

bogbrush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wow. on Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:31 am

Big Grin
bogbrush wrote:
DEC1M7 wrote:This is hilarious, Serena in press looking confused that Patrick has admitted guilt.
They should apologise for telling her that.

Wow.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu on Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:34 am

Ok to close down this horror of an act:

Williams' meltdown | How the drama unfolded

• Serena Williams is given a code violation warning for coaching with the score at 2-6, 1-0, which she fiercely disputes. "I don't cheat to win, I'd rather lose," she tells umpire Carlos Ramos. 

• After being broken by her opponent Naomi Osaka to make the score 2-6, 3-2, Williams is given a code violation for smashing her racket in frustration. Coupled with the earlier warning, this brings about a point penalty. 

• In response Williams says:  "Every time I play here, I have problems. I did not have coaching, I don't cheat. You need to make an announcement. I have a daughter and I stand for what's right. You owe me an apology."

• At the next change of ends at 2-6, 3-4 Williams unleashes a volley of abuse, saying: "For you to attack my character is wrong. You owe me an apology. You will never be on a court with me as long as you live. You are the liar. You owe me an apology. Say it. Say you're sorry. How dare you insinuate that I was cheating? You stole a point from me. You're a thief too. "

• Williams is given a game penalty for verbal abuse, making the score 2-6, 3-5. She demands referee Brian Earley come on to the court. 

• She says to Earley: “You know my character. This is not right. To lose a game for saying that, it’s not fair. How many other men do things? There’s a lot of men out here who have said a lot of things. It’s because I am a woman, and that’s not right.”

• Osaka holds her nerve to win 6-2, 6-4 for first major title. 

• Williams refuses to shake Ramos's hand and demands an apology. 

Jahu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel on Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:01 am

Serena has a huge chip on her shoulder and a large boulder on her arse.

She's the female Nadal.  In fact, she's worse.  She's a disgusting person and someone who has been brought up to shout and scream when she doesn't get what she wants. 

I'd have handed her a set penalty.  Go away, you ugly mong.

Daniel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush on Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:29 am

Nadal to be fair is nothing like her, in fact I don’t know of any man playing the game who is.

She’s carrying the whole victim thing around like a big badge of entitlement.

bogbrush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues on Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:35 am

I was wondering how come there were 50+ posts on the Ladies' final...

summerblues

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar on Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:42 am

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/45461716

What a disgrace of a human being she is. As is that cockwomeble BJK. Totally abusing the meaning of equality. No class whatsoever. 

Don’t condone violence, but I’d make an exception with them two! Disguising creatures the pair of them. Making a mockery of their gender as well as their country.

legendkillar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wow. on Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:55 am

Well just read the bbc article and it seems that Serena has lots of support from various quarters and it was a case of sexism  Doh

Wow.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wow. on Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:57 am

Daniel wrote:Serena has a huge chip on her shoulder and a large boulder on her arse.

She's the female Nadal.  In fact, she's worse.  She's a disgusting person and someone who has been brought up to shout and scream when she doesn't get what she wants. 

I'd have handed her a set penalty.  Go away, you ugly mong.
No matter how much I dislike Nadal, he would have never behaved this way on the court. Serena is the worst tennis player to play this sport.

Wow.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu on Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:52 am

Well at least she said she will continue to fight for woman's rights, so the female world is in good hands  Laugh

Jahu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush on Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:03 am

Jahu wrote:Well at least she said she will continue to fight for woman's rights, so the female world is in good hands  Laugh
Did she? This is what makes me sick about much of this stuff. She not interested in equality but in the right to bully, to receive special treatment, and to deflect any of her shortcomings onto others. And she gets all that from a fawning media eager to check their own virtuous credentials.

Remember the fuss when they asked John McEnroe if she’d do well against men then went off the deep end when he answered? That wasn’t her of course but it’s the environment she thrives in where she is lauded for having a baby (as if she’s the first) and constantly backed up.

I doubt Ramos will get another big match with her on. In that respect she was matched by Nadal.

bogbrush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush on Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:05 am

I suppose we should be happy. She can fight for the rights of diminutive female Asian line judges to be protected from physical threats by abusive pigs.

bogbrush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu on Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:20 am

She defo has this idea that she is fighting for woman:

“I’ve seen other men call other umpires several things,” she said. “I’m here fighting for women’s rights and for women’s equality and for all kinds of stuff. For me to say ‘thief,’ and for him to take a game, it made me feel like it was a sexist remark. He’s never taken a game from a man because they said ‘thief’.
“For me, it blows my mind,” Williams said. “But I’m going to continue to fight for women.”

Jahu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wow. on Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:37 am

Laugh Laugh Laugh
bogbrush wrote:I suppose we should be happy. She can fight for the rights of diminutive female Asian line judges to be protected from physical threats by abusive pigs.

Wow.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar on Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:41 am

I can't remember a male player conducting themselves in the way she did! I don't remember Federer saying "man I have kids!" Someone on Twitter even mentioned it was PND. 

I agree with BB. There's no interest in the greater good of her endeavours. More about how she can further her own personal priorities. It's what pisses me off about BJK weighing in like the imbecile she is. 

Always recall when Matt Lucas was doing an interview (can't remember the show) and Boy George was on it. Matt was talking about how more widely accepting society is now in differences between people. Boy George got the arsehole because he felt that because society was more accepting of differences that being gay was no longer "different"

It's that nonsense that grows idiots like Serena and BJK. Get with the times you tosspots! The desperation to mask failure by spouting discrimination. It's the one thing that frustrates me with the supposed minority groups that chasing equality and trying to change attitudes and cultures in the majority. Sad thing in all of this they never changed theirs.

legendkillar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush on Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:04 am

Ah, Bill King. As my 90 year old Mum says when someone she doesn’t like appears to stick their nose in, “well it wouldn’t be a show without Punch would it?’

bogbrush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez on Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:16 am

I have not watched but I have a bit of sympathy for Serena. From what I read Carlos was a bit stupid to be so strict considering that Osaka was being coached too.

The way Serena lost her temper is something else but Carlos is the culprit in the first place.

Tenez

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar on Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:19 am

Does that mean you’d expect the same level of leniency for Nadal? Winking

legendkillar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Slippy on Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:41 am

Tenez wrote:I have not watched but I have a bit of sympathy for Serena. From what I read Carlos was a bit stupid to be so strict considering that Osaka was being coached too.

The way Serena lost her temper is something else but Carlos is the culprit in the first place.
And you know that Osaka was being coached and that Ramos was aware of it because...? Ramos is a stickler for the rules and if he’d seen Osaka being coached he’d have given her a warning - he didn’t. However, he did see Serena being coached and correctly warned her. 

Even then, it’s worth noting that she only got a warning. It was her decision to total her racquet a few games later knowing she already had a warning and would get a point penalty. It was then also her decision to call him a liar and a thief and expect him to just take it. Serena is 100% at fault here - not the umpire.

Slippy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush on Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:42 am

Tenez wrote:I have not watched but I have a bit of sympathy for Serena. From what I read Carlos was a bit stupid to be so strict considering that Osaka was being coached too.

Right. So we get upset for over a decade because Nadal abuses time rules and Umpires don’t enforce rules, but then when a guy enforces the rules for (i) coaching (later confessed by the perpetrator), (ii) smashing racquet to bits and (iii) a tirade of personal abuse that’s the Umpires fault?

He wasn’t strict. He was patient with the ranting. The coaching has been admitted to. The  racquet was in pieces.

bogbrush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush on Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:44 am

Slippy wrote:

And you know that Osaka was being coached and that Ramos was aware of it because...? Ramos is a stickler for the rules and if he’d seen Osaka being coached he’d have given her a warning - he didn’t. However, he did see Serena being coached and correctly warned her. 

Even then, it’s worth noting that she only got a warning. It was her decision to total her racquet a few games later knowing she already had a warning and would get a point penalty. It was then also her decision to call him a liar and a thief and expect him to just take it. Serena is 100% at fault here - not the umpire.
Astonishingly, her arrogance is so vast that she appeared to believe the initial warning no longer was in effect because she’d told him she wouldn’t cheat. 

Honestly, that’s what it’s all about. She actually thinks that because she told him it no longer counted.

bogbrush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy on Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:52 am

Serena did it all wrong in my opinion

naxroy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu on Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:17 pm

Nice and clear.

Jahu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel on Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:55 pm

Tenez.... why do you have these massive double standards?  Or is it because they're women?  First Sharatwatface and now Serena Entitlement.

Daniel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DEC1M7 on Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:04 pm

Daniel wrote:Tenez.... why do you have these massive double standards?  Or is it because they're women?  First Sharatwatface and now Serena Entitlement.
He's woke and has taken into account Osaka's white privilege. Thumbs Up

DEC1M7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush on Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:50 pm

That cartoon is genius but apparently because it portrayed a fat, rude, spoilt black woman as fat, rude, spoilt and black it is blatantly racist.

bogbrush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez on Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:27 am

Daniel wrote:Tenez.... why do you have these massive double standards?  Or is it because they're women?  First Sharatwatface and now Serena Entitlement.
That's me. I have no fan. I really disliked Shara before her doping case and was never a fan of Serena's game....but my preferences don't make me blind unlike many people. It's not because I disliked Sharapova that I couldn't see she took that drug in good faith not knowing that drug was now banned.

Same with Serena. She made a meal of it but Ramos was stupid. We have seen coaching from Rafa for years, cheating on every point by taking extra time and never did he get a point, let alone a game for it. So I can see Serena's point as well...even if I am not a fan.

Tenez

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Slippy on Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:37 am

Tenez wrote:
That's me. I have no fan. I really disliked Shara before her doping case and was never a fan of Serena's game....but my preferences don't make me blind unlike many people. It's not because I disliked Sharapova that I couldn't see she took that drug in good faith not knowing that drug was now banned.

Same with Serena. She made a meal of it but Ramos was stupid. We have seen coaching from Rafa for years, cheating on every point by taking extra time and never did he get a point, let alone a game for it. So I can see Serena's point as well...even if I am not a fan.

Serena didn’t get a point or a game penalty for coaching either. She got a warning - which  Rafa has received several times in the past.

Slippy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar on Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:58 am

Tenez wrote:

Can't actually take you seriously as impartial if you revert back to Nadal being the only player who should be punished with the full force of the law.

Sharapova fucked up. Serena fucked up. They need to own it. This is why society fails when we spend an age trying to mask and pacify the stupidity of others.

legendkillar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez on Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:28 pm

legendkillar wrote:
Tenez wrote:

Can't actually take you seriously as impartial if you revert back to Nadal being the only player who should be punished with the full force of the law.

Sharapova fucked up. Serena fucked up. They need to own it. This is why society fails when we spend an age trying to mask and pacify the stupidity of others.

You don;t have to take me seriously....just my points. I am using Nadal cause he is by far the worst offender. Did you expect me to list all the players who have been warned for time taking or coaching?

...and Ramos fucked it all up too.

Tenez

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar on Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:33 pm

Tenez wrote:
legendkillar wrote:
Tenez wrote:

You don;t have to take me seriously....just my points. I am using Nadal cause he is by far the worst offender. Did you expect me to list all the players who have been warned for time taking or coaching?

...and Ramos fucked it all up too.

Ramos didn’t fuck up. He just didn’t submit to a psychopath!

Well not all players, but do you think you could stretch to 2? I’d even break out my Montecristo’s if you did smiley

legendkillar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez on Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:38 pm

You mean Djoko? Murray and many more....I was just making a point that side coaching is very common and I don;t think the others come close when it comes to Nadal who is told where to stand and where to serve on every point.

Tenez

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar on Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:55 pm

Let chaos reign and the loonies take over the asylum!

legendkillar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez on Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:11 pm

legendkillar wrote:Let chaos reign and the loonies take over the asylum!
I am surprised you haven't noticed this has been the case for decades already. In fact chaos has always been ruling here down on earth.

Tenez

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel on Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:41 pm

It's very common because men like Ramos are thrown to the wolves for stopping it - and appeasers like you make excuses for scumbags.

Daniel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel on Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:17 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfcQsI54gQM

triggering lefties everywhere.  I love this guy.

Daniel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu on Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:31 pm

Is it you?  Laugh

Good compilation.

Jahu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush on Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:48 am

If you really want one of this best while keeping it on sport, try this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmcX-ON_imA

You even get a bit of Fed at 2:09 for good measure.

bogbrush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2