Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Castle needs sacking.  And so does Becker. EmptySat Mar 16, 2024 8:25 am by Daniel2

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Castle needs sacking.  And so does Becker. EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Castle needs sacking.  And so does Becker. EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Castle needs sacking.  And so does Becker. EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Castle needs sacking.  And so does Becker. EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Castle needs sacking.  And so does Becker. EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Castle needs sacking.  And so does Becker. EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Castle needs sacking.  And so does Becker. EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Castle needs sacking.  And so does Becker. EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Castle needs sacking. And so does Becker.

+3
noleisthebest
AceofDeath
Daniel
7 posters

Go down

Castle needs sacking.  And so does Becker. Empty Castle needs sacking. And so does Becker.

Post by Daniel Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:02 pm

Not only for the "Go on!"  comment at end of 5th set...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/44834528

Check that out.  He's willing Nadal's ball to land - and then says "oh no!"  when djok returns it!  LMAO!

Last edited by Daniel on Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Castle needs sacking.  And so does Becker. Empty Re: Castle needs sacking. And so does Becker.

Post by AceofDeath Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:15 pm

Not a sackable offence to favour a player over another in my opinion.. But yes he is a first grade fanboy tvvat

AceofDeath

Back to top Go down

Castle needs sacking.  And so does Becker. Empty Re: Castle needs sacking. And so does Becker.

Post by noleisthebest Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:15 pm

Where do I sign?  🆒

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:19 pm

Not sure this is really such an issue. It seemed to me at the time he said was more he felt a near match winning point shouldn't be determined by luck, in this case a slip. Didn't change anything.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:21 pm

He’s rubbish, and his blatant bias is an unacceptable distraction.
I’d less use the expression ‘sacked’ in favour of just not using him.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:22 pm

Castle does not stop blabbing even during points, that’s what annoys me even more than his bias.

Mind you, Inverdale is just as pathetic.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:28 pm

Cotter has been the biggest dick in the commentary box this fortnight. 

Yesterday he came out with the gem "Kerber doing a Cash and a Nadal by going up on the roof on the box"

Total tool! Saw a Barry Davies documentary couple of weeks back in which Cotter wanted to measure up to Davies. Not with crap like that you won't!

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:30 pm

legendkillar wrote:Not sure this is really such an issue. It seemed to me at the time he said was more he felt a near match winning point shouldn't be determined by luck, in this case a slip. Didn't change anything.

It wasn't luck.  Nadal was forced into getting that ball by a good forehand.  And read my post again... he shouts "oh no!" when djok reaches a ball earlier in the 3rd set.

It IS a sackable offence.  It's completely against the BBC charter.  He was willing balls to drop in favour of Nadal and actively supporting Nadal through his commentary.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:35 pm

Does it matter??

The Beeb are hardly flushed with decent commentators. Anyone decent is pimped out to the outer courts. Which is why I am thankful the Beeb have lost most of the sporting events. 

They have been pushing the Fedal and Serena agenda for the last couple of weeks. The results are different. That's more than enough retribution for me. they didn't get the outcome they so desired. Watch them struggle not to mention Fedal today.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Emancipator Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:03 pm

Agree that he is too biased. Loves Nadal and was on the cusp of declaring him GOAT a few years ago. Sycophant of the highest order.

But there are others that are even more fanatic about Federer. Sue Barker 'said Roger and Rafa' in the intro to yesterday's coverage for the semi-final. Didn't even bother to correct herself.

Lloyd is another one that constantly fawns over Federer

Emancipator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:38 pm

Come on guys, Rusedsky is same for Fed, every second word is Greatest ever blla blla.

They are human too.

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:25 pm

Does it matter?  Well, yes, it does - unless you like your tax dollars going to someone who is unprofessional.  I guess for me it's not too much of a problem given I don't have a TV and don't pay a licence.  

But Castle is being extraordinary amounts and is supposed to be impartial.  So.... depends whether you m,ind being a mug or not.  I don't.  And he ruins matches for me.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:42 pm

We’ve been here many times. The only really excellent commentator is David Mercer, and the best advisor/backup is Frew MacMillan.

The rest are whores to whatever reputation is on Court, or in the case of Becker and McEnroe, comedy turns.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:50 pm

Becker is currently saying that Anderson will have a lot of chances to come because Djokovic will be nervous as he hasn't won a Slam in a while.

Yeah.  Sure.  Let's forget:

1. Anderson is totally knackered.
2. Anderson showed no bottle in the US Open and isn't a champion.
3. Anderson hasn't won squat.
4. Anderson is just a serve bot and Djokovic is the best returner.
5. Anderson has won like 12 points on Djokovic's serve.
6. Anderson is 2 sets to love down!  FFS!

SHUT UP BECKER, you pecker.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:25 pm

Daniel wrote:Does it matter?  Well, yes, it does - unless you like your tax dollars going to someone who is unprofessional.  I guess for me it's not too much of a problem given I don't have a TV and don't pay a licence.  

But Castle is being extraordinary amounts and is supposed to be impartial.  So.... depends whether you m,ind being a mug or not.  I don't.  And he ruins matches for me.

My taxes go on a lot of unprofessional and useless wankers out there. So Castle for me is minute in those stakes.

There’s a reason TV remotes have a mute function. Not just for when your spouse feels they have something important to say that requires silence of the upmost, but also to drown out the Andrew Castle’s of this world.

You could always submit a complaint to the BBC citing parts of their charter that he infringed.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:12 pm

I don't like being a mug that should have read ha!

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:03 pm

Try watching F1 on Sky with Hamilton. That’s proper partisan!

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:13 am

legendkillar wrote:Try watching F1 on Sky with Hamilton. That’s proper partisan!
One of the reasons (there are others too) why I always hope for Vettel to win. It'sd ridiculous. Martin Brundle tries to keep the show sane but the rest of them are no more than fans.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:25 am

Oh indeed. Dan and Ted are the chuffing pits! Any collision with Hamilton is deliberate and a crying shame! Herbert and Hill contribute nothing, Di Resta is showing some promise of a non-bias commentator. Brundle I like as he just wants racers to race and accepts collisions are part of it. 

One of my favourite past times when visiting 606V2 last year was reading Craig telling you how Hamilton was the better driver than Vettel because Vettel was outpointed by Riccardo one year.

The BBC golf coverage is crap. The commentators always talking up McIlroy's chances even if he was 20 shots off the pace! 

All I ever want to hear for once is a commentator give a competitor their due regardless of who they are if they've played well.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down