Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Wimbledon Seeding and Draw - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Wimbledon Seeding and Draw - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Wimbledon Seeding and Draw - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Wimbledon Seeding and Draw - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Wimbledon Seeding and Draw - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Wimbledon Seeding and Draw - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Wimbledon Seeding and Draw - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Wimbledon Seeding and Draw - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Wimbledon Seeding and Draw - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Wimbledon Seeding and Draw

+8
noleisthebest
gallery play
N2D2L
bogbrush
summerblues
Slippy
naxroy
barrystar
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Wimbledon Seeding and Draw - Page 2 Empty Re: Wimbledon Seeding and Draw

Post by N2D2L Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:16 pm

Kyrgios on grass for me is tougher than Raonic, Karlovic, Anderson, Isner etc. Especially as it’s Wimbledon and he’ll actually care.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:29 pm

summerblues wrote:If Federer crashes out of Wimbledon early, it may be the end of this forum. It is only Fed's continuing success that seems to be keeping it alive.
OTF was running even during Fed’s 2016 when we all thought he was finished...

Naaah...this forum has to see the back of Nadal first...the best is yet to come! Cool

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:24 pm

its obvious draws are never rigged 

it is obvious that after 17 slams won, nadal may have faced all kind of draws.

and it is obvious this time, nadal got a decent draw, not the easiest it could have been, but one, that if he is in form, he could make it to quarters

naxroy

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:45 pm

naxroy wrote:its obvious draws are never rigged 

it is obvious that after 17 slams won, nadal may have faced all kind of draws.

and it is obvious this time, nadal got a decent draw, not the easiest it could have been, but one, that if he is in form, he could make it to quarters
The only obvious thing is that Nadal is a cheat and a nasty piece.

The rest is propaganda.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:38 am

I am beginning to think he cheated on you

naxroy

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:56 am

naxroy wrote:I am beginning to think he cheated on you
And not just on me.

On all tennis fans who have had to watch his boring, sweaty, physical tennis devoid of any beauty and flair and full of gamesmanship.
On all his colleagues/fellow players who he cheated in every match breaking the time between the points rule and thus denied them basic fair play.
On umpires, depriving them of dignity in doing their job applying rules, particularly Bernardes who he even struck off his "preferred umpires" list.

The day he retires will be a new birthday for tennis.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:35 pm

time will heal your heart, and soon you will fall in love again

naxroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:47 pm

naxroy wrote:time will heal your heart, and soon you will fall in love again
Like a fan(atic) you don;t seem able to question or find any fault to your hero.

Others can see through...

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:58 pm

oh I dislike some things from nadal:

his boring speach in trophy ceremonies
his political ideas
his sexist declarations...

but indeed, I admire his tennis, his quality and his fight

on the other hand, there is no tennis player I hate, like you do... I have better things to do in life, so I just do things I like. I would never spend 15 years of my life watching a tennis player I hate...

call me fanatic and keep the hate

naxroy

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:18 am

naxroy wrote:oh I dislike some things from nadal:

his boring speach in trophy ceremonies
his political ideas
his sexist declarations...

but indeed, I admire his tennis, his quality and his fight

on the other hand, there is no tennis player I hate, like you do... I have better things to do in life, so I just do things I like. I would never spend 15 years of my life watching a tennis player I hate...

call me fanatic and keep the hate

What about the below

1. His continuous going over the allowed time, and even justifying breaking it. ( ex. AUS open 2012 final)
2. Using his position to influence umpring ( Bernades - twice)
3. His on-the-face over-the-top celebration in a match trying to intimidate the opponent.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:59 am

1 - it doesnt bother me, it doesnt bother his rivals, doesnt seem to bother umpires.... (so not only fan(atics) are not bothered)

2- indeed, he and rest of players have that right. OTF mediocre moaning

3- he has played 1090 matches, how many rivals have complained about that "over the top" celebrations? maybe again it is just OTF classic moaning?

great player, great tennis, great example

naxroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:16 pm

naxroy wrote:1 - it doesnt bother me, it doesnt bother his rivals, doesnt seem to bother umpires.... (so not only fan(atics) are not bothered)
It does not bother you that he does it to help him play his tennis to take an advantage over his opponents. That's exactly what I call a fanatic. Someone ready to accepted his player to break the rule in order for him to "win and be(come) great".

It's funny how you wish to appear fair and all that, like your champ....but when it comes to playing the rule, and supporting a fair player....it all disappears.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:38 pm

Tenez wrote:
naxroy wrote:1 - it doesnt bother me, it doesnt bother his rivals, doesnt seem to bother umpires.... (so not only fan(atics) are not bothered)
It does not bother you that he does it to help him play his tennis to take an advantage over his opponents. That's exactly what I call a fanatic. Someone ready to accepted his player to break the rule in order for him to "win and be(come) great".

It's funny how you wish to appear fair and all that, like your champ....but when it comes to playing the rule, and supporting a fair player....it all disappears.  

so his own rivals are fanatics too? because as I said, they are not bothered either... its just you and your tear collectors in the forum

naxroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:59 pm

naxroy wrote:
Tenez wrote:

so his own rivals are fanatics too? because as I said, they are not bothered either... its just you and your tear collectors in the forum
Like you do not want to see Nadal is breaking the rule to gain an advantage over his opponents, you do not want to see that his opponents and referees are annoyed with it.

It;s documented 100s of times. Even Federer mentions it. But of course, unlike OTF they cannot sound upset or tell it quite like it is cause they have sponsors, do not wish to look bad losers and so son....But most players have complained about it. That is even why they wanted the shot clock to be implemented and this is also why Nadal was upset and left the Players committee. But of course you do not want to see that more than you want to see your player cheating.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:08 pm

Tenez wrote:

It;s documented 100s of times. Even Federer mentions it. 

Hundreds of times? wow you are lying there

federer admires nadal, thats what he says every single time. and not only federer, any of his big rivals and 99% of the tour

dont worry tenny, its just a few more years and it is over

naxroy

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:42 pm

remember to use ""

naxroy

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:47 pm

coric in 4th round will be a killer

naxroy

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:42 pm

misha zverev out

but I think kukushkin can be a tough one for nadal in round 2

he comes from doing great grass tournament in easbourne (defeated edmund among others)

naxroy

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:09 pm

naxroy wrote:coric in 4th round will be a killer

Might be next year Winking

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:50 pm

yeah I wrote that after his loss... my humour

naxroy

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:49 am

ok

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:15 am

so we had 128 players, now we have 32 (waiting for zverev´s match to end)

have our favourites changed after 2 rounds?

Cilic is out, maybe the only one who looked as a posible champion out of the ones that lost

but seeing the draw now, the semis would look something like:

federer - isner/raonic

kyrgios/djokovic - delpo/nadal

naxroy

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:09 am

It's increased my view of the chances of both (i) a "Big-Four" final; and (ii) a Federer win.

On Fed's side his form has been good and Cilic's exit has materially boosted his chances; Coric's exit is a lesser but added bonus.  I don't take the challenge of Isner/Raonic/Anderson lightly, but a fit Federer has invariably beaten more one-dimensional big-hitters over bo5 on grass.  I think Fed's biggest risk before the final is a dodgy back or bad form.

Nadal lacks true physical confidence on grass, especially if fresh in early rounds; his opponent has to be comfortable hitting flat to keep the bounce low as well as hard and deep, and be capable of winning free points on serve.  He benefits from having no more true grass-court players in his section - Del Potro is v. tough, but not the worst grass match-up.  The winner of Djoko's section will probably have better tools to play Nadal on grass, including Djoko, who is looking good.  However, he is likely to be knackered and facing Nadal on a worn and parched surface.

barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:24 am

yeah, this very much looks like a federer - djokovic final

and if kyrgios can keep his mind focused, it well could be a federer - kyrgios final

in any case, the safest bet is federer

but you never know...

naxroy

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:16 am

On Fed's side the fact that Monfils is having an interesting tournament and now faces Querrey is worthy of a mention - but again a fit Fed should have the measure of either of them in a bo5 at Wimbledon.

barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:24 am

in my opinion no player can beat roger in wimbledon in his actual form

not even sure if "2015 djokovic" would be able

of course injuries, bad days can happen, but on paper...

one option would be a series of succesive long fought duels prior to the final against a real contender, but as the draw is evolving in his side, I dont even see that possible.

before wimbledon started I thought we could see a new champion, now I dont see it.... unless kyrgios delpo do something really special

naxroy

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:43 am

@naxroy - an assessment which could only come from a Nadal fan.  Whilst many of us Fed fans may be feeling something similar to that, you'll never catch any of us tempting fate by saying it.

barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:00 pm

barrystar wrote:@naxroy - an assessment which could only come from a Nadal fan.  Whilst many of us Fed fans may be feeling something similar to that, [/b]you'll never catch any of us tempting fate by saying it.

Are you sure all Fed fans are like that?
Sounds a bit gutless, tbh.

In the hayday of my Nole fandom I was a complete opposite,  “Bring it ooon!” type Big Grin...and will always be with whoever I support.

some notable examples:

https://ourtennisforum.forumotion.co.uk/t189-nole-in-the-wtf-final-don-t-stop-me-now?

noleisthebest wrote:Thanks, t, glad you did the thread, I was going to ask LS to give us men's final early today as last I gatecrashed the party last time and he was not happy. Winking

Not a lot to say...

My hope lies in three things:

lighter balls. OK, this helps Nadal, too, but more Federer as with the last year's balls he'd have no chance. Now we see his FH is flying through the air again, not slowing down past the net point.

umpring: I am hoping Rod Laver and Oz authorities will give Fed a chance to win this by clamping down on Nadal's time abuse.
I think Nadal's had his share of privilege and that at least this once, the match will be played BY THE RULES

Fed to be relaxed. 
He does appear to be refreshed and young from inside and that was just great to witness all tournament.

How will he start tomorrow? 
Well, I'd like to think he'll put the past behind him and give us the match of his life.

ALBATROSS, FLYYYYYYY!!!!!!! lovelovelove

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:20 pm

barrystar wrote:@naxroy - an assessment which could only come from a Nadal fan.  Whilst many of us Fed fans may be feeling something similar to that, you'll never catch any of us tempting fate by saying it.

there is no such thing as fate

naxroy

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:37 pm

I know there's no such thing as fate; as I think you know, talk of not tempting fate is more of an expression describing not getting ahead of yourself than a statement of a literal belief in fate.

Last edited by barrystar on Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:42 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
barrystar wrote:@naxroy - an assessment which could only come from a Nadal fan.  Whilst many of us Fed fans may be feeling something similar to that, [/b]you'll never catch any of us tempting fate by saying it.

Are you sure all Fed fans are like that?
Sounds a bit gutless, tbh.

In the hayday of my Nole fandom I was a complete opposite,  “Bring it ooon!” type Big Grin...and will always be with whoever I support.

some notable examples:

https://ourtennisforum.forumotion.co.uk/t189-nole-in-the-wtf-final-don-t-stop-me-now?

noleisthebest wrote:Thanks, t, glad you did the thread, I was going to ask LS to give us men's final early today as last I gatecrashed the party last time and he was not happy. Winking

Not a lot to say...

My hope lies in three things:

lighter balls. OK, this helps Nadal, too, but more Federer as with the last year's balls he'd have no chance. Now we see his FH is flying through the air again, not slowing down past the net point.

umpring: I am hoping Rod Laver and Oz authorities will give Fed a chance to win this by clamping down on Nadal's time abuse.
I think Nadal's had his share of privilege and that at least this once, the match will be played BY THE RULES

Fed to be relaxed. 
He does appear to be refreshed and young from inside and that was just great to witness all tournament.

How will he start tomorrow? 
Well, I'd like to think he'll put the past behind him and give us the match of his life.

ALBATROSS, FLYYYYYYY!!!!!!! lovelovelove

Er - in each case you are doing exactly what I describe.  You are chuffed that your player has gotten into the final and are saying what you hope or would like to think will happen, but in neither case do you make a dry prediction that that Nole (or Federer) will win or is favourite to win.  That is the language of those who don't wish to "tempt fate" (pace naxroy).

barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:11 am

naxroy wrote:so we had 128 players, now we have 32 .....

but seeing the draw now, the semis would look something like:

federer - isner/raonic

kyrgios/djokovic - delpo/nadal

except for anderson beating federer, all is going as expected I would say

naxroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2