Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Gerry Webber Open Halle & Queens - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Gerry Webber Open Halle & Queens - Page 7 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Gerry Webber Open Halle & Queens - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Gerry Webber Open Halle & Queens - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Gerry Webber Open Halle & Queens - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Gerry Webber Open Halle & Queens - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Gerry Webber Open Halle & Queens - Page 7 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Gerry Webber Open Halle & Queens - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Gerry Webber Open Halle & Queens - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Gerry Webber Open Halle & Queens

+10
gallery play
Tenez
Emancipator
bogbrush
Daniel
luvsports!
legendkillar
naxroy
barrystar
raiders_of_the_lost_ark
14 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Gerry Webber Open Halle & Queens - Page 7 Empty Re: Gerry Webber Open Halle & Queens

Post by Tenez Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:44 pm

gallery play wrote:
summerblues wrote:
gallery play wrote:Glad you notice because Marin's without a doubt the most underrated player on OTF
Oh, not with me.  I said last year that when Delpo and Cilic had first come out, I thought they were kind of similar but Cilic the better of the two (even though for a long time it did not pan out that way).  And I remember somebody (maybe even you?) agreeing with me.
I think they are not that alike. Delpo is -despite his power- a point constructor. Marin can't wait to pull the trigger: it's his strength but also his weakness. 
Agree.

They differ 6 days in age but to me Delpo is a player of the past and Marin a potential slam winner for upcoming years.
Potential Slam winner yes.....but slam winners.....no. he is simply way too emotional. And again, he has good shots when the ball comes to him soft but he is not good at handling pace. He makes too many UEs when someone can handle his pace.

Today Djoko was very nervous and played very soft and safe at the end and that allowed Cilic to hit key winners.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Gerry Webber Open Halle & Queens - Page 7 Empty Re: Gerry Webber Open Halle & Queens

Post by legendkillar Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:10 pm

Coric reminded me somewhat of Rosol with the BH. Was really powerful with depth. 

Federer looked rather agitated this week. Some of his matches was visibly annoyed.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:32 am

legendkillar wrote:Federer looked rather agitated this week. Some of his matches was visibly annoyed.
Or pretended to be annoyed to mask the fact he did not care.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:34 am

Tenez wrote:
summerblues wrote:
gallery play wrote:Glad you notice because Marin's without a doubt the most underrated player on OTF
Oh, not with me.  I said last year that when Delpo and Cilic had first come out, I thought they were kind of similar but Cilic the better of the two (even though for a long time it did not pan out that way).  And I remember somebody (maybe even you?) agreeing with me.
https://www.atpworldtour.com/en/players/fedex-head-2-head/juan-martin-del-potro-vs-marin-cilic/d683/c977

And thus in spite of Delpo being injured most of the time.

Cilic impresed me only once....and that was when he beat Federer at the USO....but I am pretty sure that Fed made hi look better than he was.
Oh no doubt I was wrong.  I am just saying that when I saw them for the very first time - way back before Delpo even played Rafa in Indian Wells (or was it Miami?) I thought Cilic had more potential.  Clearly it did not pan out that way, though we may disagree somewhat about the reasons why.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:23 am

summerblues wrote:
legendkillar wrote:Federer looked rather agitated this week. Some of his matches was visibly annoyed.
Or pretended to be annoyed to mask the fact he did not care.

Well whichever it was, he looked quite riled in some of his matches. Kudla match I think it was he teed a ball off.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7