Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
federer - Ronnie O'Sullivan on Federer.... EmptySat Mar 16, 2024 8:25 am by Daniel2

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
federer - Ronnie O'Sullivan on Federer.... EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
federer - Ronnie O'Sullivan on Federer.... EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
federer - Ronnie O'Sullivan on Federer.... EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
federer - Ronnie O'Sullivan on Federer.... EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
federer - Ronnie O'Sullivan on Federer.... EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
federer - Ronnie O'Sullivan on Federer.... EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
federer - Ronnie O'Sullivan on Federer.... EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
federer - Ronnie O'Sullivan on Federer.... EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Ronnie O'Sullivan on Federer....

3 posters

Go down

federer - Ronnie O'Sullivan on Federer.... Empty Ronnie O'Sullivan on Federer....

Post by Tenez Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:36 am

Asked how he ranks against Hendry, O'Sullivan, 42, said: "It is hard because it depends what era you have done it in. It is all right winning tournaments when the field is weak, so to compare records is difficult.

"The best record would be that of Roger Federer in tennis, who has done it in the era with Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic, so it makes it even more impressive. If he came along now, he would probably win 40 Grand Slams.

Interesting. I think tennis will only get harder. But glad to see that again a genius knows a genius when he sees one.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

federer - Ronnie O'Sullivan on Federer.... Empty Re: Ronnie O'Sullivan on Federer....

Post by gallery play Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:11 am

Ronnie basically compares Hendry's era with the current state of tennis. And i think he has a point. Nadal and Federer are still splitting the slams and they hardly lose sets while doing it. That's crazy. 

There's a smugness all over the <30 generation.

gallery play

Back to top Go down

federer - Ronnie O'Sullivan on Federer.... Empty Re: Ronnie O'Sullivan on Federer....

Post by noleisthebest Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:34 am

Very perceptive of Ronnie.

I am glad Fed was born when he was, I wouldn’t want him to be starting now.

He managed to catch the last rays of golden sun and play with a small racquet and nat gut strings.

And grow and develop his beautiful game without so much pressure.

Who knows, maybe he would have played wih a DBH. Yikes

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:36 am

Yes but I disagree with this. I can see there is a problem in the 24-30 age range players but I doubt the upcoming <24 will be as weak.

Experience is so key nowadays in tennis. You even see guys like Isner now winning TMS1000 cause suddenly he is over 30. Even in snooker older players are doing better overall.

The more a sport become professional the older they get.

And as I said a 1000 times...without a big technology change, the youngsters have little to shine consistently at the top.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:11 pm

Yes, it’s not easy for youngsters, their games are letting them down more than technology, though.

Bashing Rublev with no plan B, talented Kyrgios who doesn’t want to live in the gym, Chung who is close but lacks a good serve, Zverev who is pretending he is a foot shorter than he is, weaponless Coric and Shapo whose mother is still holding him on an umbillical cord.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:15 pm

So what? we cannot blame them for not having Federer's talent....hence who wins besides Federer? All the experienced roadruners....and even them are now physically gone....except Nadal on clay!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:25 pm

They don’t need to have Federer’s talent to come to the net more often...what is stopping Zverev or Kyrgios to shorten the points.

It’s so much easier to just hit from the baseline...

That’s why I like Shapo above them all - the only one with an actual full bodied game inside him waiting to mature.
The rest will just plateau and hit glass ceiling like Dimi/Raonic/Nishi generation.

Young players make so much effort  to break through by the time they get into top 50 they kind of lose their way.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:38 pm

noleisthebest wrote:They don’t need to have Federer’s talent to come to the net more often...what is stopping Zverev or Kyrgios to shorten the points.
Of course they do. Who has won anything of value volleying recently? Certainly not the road runners.

That’s why I like Shapo above them all - the only one with an actual full bodied game inside him waiting to mature.
The rest will just plateau and hit glass ceiling like Dimi/Raonic/Nishi generation.
Because he is one who may be closest to Fed's talent.

Knowing when to volley requires in fact lots of experience and exposure to the opponent's game.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:30 pm

They do ‘t need to s&v, just mix their game a bit, not be so scared of the net.

They strike me as if they are not even practising transition game.

It’s not easy but would surely help them and ease on their fitness. Even the old dog Fed hired Stefan to teach him new tricks!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down