Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Canada/Cincinnati Masters Series
Today at 10:01 pm by Jahu

» Shot clock
Yesterday at 1:33 pm by bogbrush

» ATP 250/500 Tournaments 2018 Thread: Rio, Marseille, Delray
Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:37 pm by Jahu

» Wilander: On Federer’s Balls, Beating Nadal at RG And More....
Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:17 pm by noleisthebest

» Tennis News
Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:38 pm by luvsports!

» USO 2018 Talk
Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:46 pm by DEC1M7

» The doping program joke of the ITF!!!
Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:32 am by Slippy

» Serena at it again!
Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:05 am by legendkillar

» Djokovic's greatest triumph
Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:22 pm by bogbrush

August 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Freemason discriminated against...

Go down

Freemason discriminated against...

Post by Tenez on Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:41 am

I have nothing against FMs....but isn't that funny?

Isn;t being FM about discriminating against those who are not?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42986319

Tenez

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Freemason discriminated against...

Post by noleisthebest on Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:47 pm

Tenez wrote:I have nothing against FMs....but isn't that funny?

Isn;t being FM about discriminating against those who are not?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42986319
Very, very interesting.....

There is a Serbian guy who knows a lot about FMs, amd he knew 18 months before US elections Hillary would not be elected for the very reason she was a woman and a woman cannot be/reach the 33rd level (or however they call it)

I wonder why on earth BBC have chosen to wrote about it now?

Any ideas?

noleisthebest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar on Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:06 pm

It's because the Guardian ran a piece about there being two lodges in Parliament over the weekend.  The now deceased father of a very good friend of mine used to be a very high-up FM, sort of top half-dozen UK hierarchy, and he was not at all secretive about it.  He had all these 'parchments' recording his elevations to head of various lodges framed on the wall at home for any visitor to see and ask about.

He said that the organisation was really a club for guys of a solid middle-class conservative disposition who were looking for an excuse to get away from their wives and home life from time to time to enjoy male company, but in a different atmosphere from Working Men's clubs.  They were the sort of guys who would not get into Gentleman's Clubs of the sort that flourish in Pall Mall, but wanted something a bit similar.  Not dissimilar to Rotarian, but with a different emphasis.  He said that there was a particular boost after WWII when a lot of guys found out that there were aspects of male company in the services that they had enjoyed but could not easily replicate in ordinary civilian life.  He made it out to be a fairly herbivorous set up and what he said struck me as reasonably convincing - he had no reason to talk it up or down really.  My one caveat is that I have always wondered about police membership of the Masons.

barrystar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez on Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:28 pm

barrystar wrote:..
He said that the organisation was really a club for guys of a solid middle-class conservative disposition who were looking for an excuse to get away from their wives and home life from time to time to enjoy male company, but in a different atmosphere from Working Men's clubs.  They were the sort of guys who would not get into Gentleman's Clubs of the sort that flourish in Pall Mall, but wanted something a bit similar.  Not dissimilar to Rotarian, but with a different emphasis.  He said that there was a particular boost after WWII when a lot of guys found out that there were aspects of male company in the services that they had enjoyed but could not easily replicate in ordinary civilian life.  He made it out to be a fairly herbivorous set up and what he said struck me as reasonably convincing - he had no reason to talk it up or down really.  My one caveat is that I have always wondered about police membership of the Masons.

yes that's what they always say to preserve a good image. But to the guy who goes to the job interview and is not successful cause he has not that FM pin, or special handshake usually identified by FMs, then it's not that a friendly club.

France in 1905 became a secular country but that campaign to separate church from the State was actually orchestrated by the FMs....and nowadays 90% of our politicians are FMs.

I do not know the power of FMs here in teh UK but I think it is a natural reaction to be aware of another lobby.

Tenez

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest on Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:36 pm

Well, it all starts like a club, but behind the facade there is a bit more to it:

noleisthebest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum