» Men's Final - USO 2018
Today at 10:43 am by Tenez

» How good is Stefanos Tsitsipas?
Yesterday at 1:15 pm by Jahu

» Ladies Final - USO 2018
Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:48 am by bogbrush

» Why the big 3 Slam tally might never be matched
Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:26 pm by Jahu

» Has there ever been a more eventful grand slam?
Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:51 pm by Jahu

» Mens SF - USO2018
Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:41 pm by Tenez

» Screech is back - and not a moment too soon
Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:44 pm by Daniel

» Could Djokovic achieve the greatest comeback since 'Lazarus'?
Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:42 pm by Daniel

» Hey, Nadal fans....
Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:26 pm by Daniel

September 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

#1 ranking

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Re: #1 ranking

Post by Tenez on Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:45 am

bogbrush wrote:
Tenez wrote:No - It's in the revelation of St John.

1:12 And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And having turned I saw seven golden candlesticks; 1:13 and in the midst of the candlesticks one like unto a son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about at the breasts with a golden girdle. 1:14 And his head and his hair were white as white wool, white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; 1:15 and his feet like unto burnished brass, as if it had been refined in a furnace; and his voice as the voice of many waters. 1:16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth proceeded a sharp two-edged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength. 1:17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as one dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying, Fear not; I am the first and the last, 1:18 and the Living one; and I was dead, and behold, I am alive for evermore, and I have the keys of death and of Hades.
John was on some pretty intense shit when he wrote all that.

The very definition of a bad trip.
You could have listened to that little voice who questioned you and your eternity many years ago. Instead you blocked it and now you have become deaf.

I find the scriptures, be it Bible, Taosism, Boudism, Koran, etc...very interesting, especially since they lead to the same point.

Tenez

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel on Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:17 am

barrystar wrote:In relation to snooker, I think that the standard has just raced up in more recent years.  For me what is absolutely astounding is the break-building abilities of nearly all of them, how often they nervelessly take on some absolutely horrible colour in the middle of a break which in the old days would have had most of them settling for 40-50 in the bank and position.  Nowadays any player who does that gets nowhere.

The conditions have changed massively since the '70s though. The balls are lighter, the cloth is super fine and makes potting so easy for the pros that the game has become a joke.  You couldn't break build back then the way you can now... pack splits and potting, esp down the rails, was a lot harder.  Additionally, positional play was tougher.  The cue action needed back then to go round the angles was much harder.  Go to your local club and you'll likely find thicker cloth... and you'll quickly see how balls don't pot when they hit any part of the inner jaw - or how hard it is to get action on the cueball.  And your local club will still not come near to the cloth of the '70s.

Part of the reason I largely stopped watching snooker is that it's become a one man sport.

Daniel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest on Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:19 am

Daniel wrote:
barrystar wrote:In relation to snooker, I think that the standard has just raced up in more recent years.  For me what is absolutely astounding is the break-building abilities of nearly all of them, how often they nervelessly take on some absolutely horrible colour in the middle of a break which in the old days would have had most of them settling for 40-50 in the bank and position.  Nowadays any player who does that gets nowhere.

The conditions have changed massively since the '70s though. The balls are lighter, the cloth is super fine and makes potting so easy for the pros that the game has become a joke.  You couldn't break build back then the way you can now... pack splits and potting, esp down the rails, was a lot harder.  Additionally, positional play was tougher.  The cue action needed back then to go round the angles was much harder.  Go to your local club and you'll likely find thicker cloth... and you'll quickly see how balls don't pot when they hit any part of the inner jaw - or how hard it is to get action on the cueball.  And your local club will still not come near to the cloth of the '70s.

Part of the reason I largely stopped watching snooker is that it's become a one man sport.

That sound just like tennis before new strings came on the scene.

Now we have a shot variety bigger than ever, but the game itself has become monotonous. (with a few exceptions)

noleisthebest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel on Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:59 am

Yeah, there are parallels.  Definitely.  But tennis still has far more going on in it than snooker.  And it still has 3 surfaces that do play at least somewhat differently - even now.  Snooker is one surface... and it;s been severely dumbed down.  Snooker is like checkers; tennis is like chess.

PS  Darts is like tic-tac-toe - even though I am good at it and love playing it.

Daniel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush on Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:07 pm

Tenez wrote:
bogbrush wrote:
Tenez wrote:No - It's in the revelation of St John.

1:12 And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And having turned I saw seven golden candlesticks; 1:13 and in the midst of the candlesticks one like unto a son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about at the breasts with a golden girdle. 1:14 And his head and his hair were white as white wool, white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; 1:15 and his feet like unto burnished brass, as if it had been refined in a furnace; and his voice as the voice of many waters. 1:16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth proceeded a sharp two-edged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength. 1:17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as one dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying, Fear not; I am the first and the last, 1:18 and the Living one; and I was dead, and behold, I am alive for evermore, and I have the keys of death and of Hades.
John was on some pretty intense shit when he wrote all that.

The very definition of a bad trip.
You could have listened to that little voice who questioned you and your eternity many years ago. Instead you blocked it and now you have become deaf.

I find the scriptures, be it Bible, Taosism, Boudism, Koran, etc...very interesting, especially since they lead to the same point.
Yeah, they’re all a load of nonsense. I can agree on that.

Funny how the Book of Revelations corresponds so well to an intense psychedelic experience. Even the title implies some kind of seriously mind blowing episode. It’s pretty obvious that’s what it was - the whole account is complete and utter bollocks with one crazy event morphing into another; trumpets, dragons, weird recurrent numbers. Pity they didn’t set it all down with pictures, they would have been wild..

bogbrush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest on Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:06 pm

BB,
I appreciate you trusting in your own ability etc.
But just because you don’t understand something, doesn’t mean it’s a “load of nonsense”.

If everyone thought like you, we’d still be tilling the ground with old tools...which in hindsight is not such a bad thing.

But we are where we are precisely because the Bible said  so many thousands of years ago.

noleisthebest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush on Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:42 pm

Woah! The Bible told us to invent space rockets and do genetic engineering? Was that in Leviticus?

If everyone thought like me the World would be incredible, full of people taking personal responsibility with no need for oppressive government.

Anyway, sorry for the derail but I just don’t buy the need for fantasy books to tell us to behave. And I certainly don’t think some guys bad acid trip needs to be taken seriously.

bogbrush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest on Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:58 pm

bogbrush wrote:Woah! The Bible told us to invent space rockets and do genetic engineering? Was that in Leviticus?

If everyone thought like me the World would be incredible, full of people taking personal responsibility with no need for oppressive government.

Anyway, sorry for the derail but I just don’t buy the need for fantasy books to tell us to behave. And I certainly don’t think some guys bad acid trip needs to be taken seriously.
Yes, you’ve hot the nail on the head.

That is the only reason people are not interested in following teachings of Christ, it’s simply too tough...and people like you don’t like to see themselves as anything less than perfect.

As a result, we have a chaos, destroyed planet and billions of unhappy people.

noleisthebest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush on Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:06 pm

You obviously don’t understand the nuance of English. I said I don’t need a fantasy book to tell me, the implication being that grown ups can work this out for themselves.

Disbelief is nothing to do with it being hard, it’s because most of us simply don’t buy superstitious nonsense.

bogbrush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest on Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:33 pm

bogbrush wrote:You obviously don’t understand the nuance of English. I said I don’t need a fantasy book to tell me, the implication being that grown ups can work this out for themselves.
Word “fantasy” has nothing to do woth nuancies in any language, let alone English.
It’s a basic adjective common in any indoeuropean language.
bogbrush wrote:
Disbelief is nothing to do with it being hard, it’s because most of us simply don’t buy superstitious nonsense.
The Bible has nothing to do with superstition, quite the opposite.

If you made an effort to read it, you’d know it.

Again, I repeat, the only reason why masses or “most of you” don’t like it is because it’s tok hard to follow, requires humility. Amd of course not to be confused with the mess men have made out of it trying to suit it to their selfish needs.

Since we are both hapoy to stick by our guns, there is only one way to find out who is right on this one, you or I, when we die.

noleisthebest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu on Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:21 pm

Religion sucks, only good for those who are insecure in real world. Officially.

When you die you are 2 meters in underground mud, same as anyone else, anyway too much of it from nitb in this forum.

Anyway back to reality, think Fed will take this No1 a bit more seriously then we are talking here, so not just a week and be done, I bet he will play some Clay too.

Jahu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush on Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:16 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
bogbrush wrote:You obviously don’t understand the nuance of English. I said I don’t need a fantasy book to tell me, the implication being that grown ups can work this out for themselves.
Word “fantasy” has nothing to do woth nuancies in any language, let alone English.
It’s a basic adjective common in any indoeuropean language.
bogbrush wrote:
The Bible has nothing to do with superstition, quite the opposite.

If you made an effort to read it, you’d know it.

Again, I repeat, the only reason why masses or “most of you” don’t like it is because it’s tok hard to follow, requires humility. Amd of course not to be confused with the mess men have made out of it trying to suit it to their selfish needs.

Since we are both hapoy to stick by our guns, there is only one way to find out who is right on this one, you or I, when we die.

Happily, you won’t know you’re wrong. Belief is mysticcal nonsense like skyfather creator guff is the very definition of superstition, so that’s what it is pure and simple. I’ve read loads of it, it’s just a load of nonsense with significant parts patched together from other religions. Bloody Middle East has a lot to answer for dumping this crap on the rest of us.

I repeat, I don’t believe it because it’s total bollocks. Nothing to do with a hard way, I know plenty of creeps who believe in God and live sloppy lives. That really is a weak belief, it’s just there to make you feel superior (which is pride isn’t it?)

bogbrush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush on Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:21 pm

Jahu wrote:Religion sucks, only good for those who are insecure in real world. Officially.

When you die you are 2 meters in underground mud, same as anyone else, anyway too much of it from nitb in this forum.

Anyway back to reality, think Fed will take this No1 a bit more seriously then we are talking here, so not just a week and be done, I bet he will play some Clay too.
Maybe but I hope he leaves the clay alone unless he’s completely certain he will be fully fit for Wimbledon. Last year suggests he ran short at the end even with no clay so I hope he skips it.

bogbrush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu on Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:22 pm

I would just want 1 MC title, that's all for clay, don't care for RG honestly if another W is possible.

Jahu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush on Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:21 pm

MC would work, then rest for W.

bogbrush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest on Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:19 pm

Monte Carlo is pretty, but a Mickey Mouse tournament.

Rome is the real deal.

noleisthebest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush on Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:46 pm

Rome is also much closer to Wimbledon.

bogbrush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest on Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:44 am

Jahu wrote:Religion sucks, only good for those who are insecure in real world. Officially.

Yahoo,
You old coward and cameleon.
Listen and learn:

noleisthebest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu on Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:03 am

Go away, I mean come back to reality not religious dreams  Laugh

Jahu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel on Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:59 pm

I like trumpets and I like Trump.  But Revelations takes it to Bob Marley pot smokin' levels.

Daniel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! on Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:58 pm

[size=44]Rafael Nadal Withdraws From Indian Wells & Miami[/size]
http://www.atpworldtour.com/en/news/nadal-withdraws-indian-wells-miami-2018

luvsports!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel on Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:35 pm

haha - desperate for his clay.  Don't worry, he's very unlikely to ever miss that.

Daniel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest on Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:48 pm

luvsports! wrote:[size=44]Rafael Nadal Withdraws From Indian Wells & Miami[/size]
http://www.atpworldtour.com/en/news/nadal-withdraws-indian-wells-miami-2018
Does that mean Fed’s number one is rekatively safe till Wimbledon?

Fed must have known about this injury when hewas delivering his soeech at Laureus.

noleisthebest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush on Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:13 pm

Wow. It means Federer needs 720 points from the sunshine pair to be #1 going into clay, though He must get half of them - by reaching the semi finals - at IW to hold the rank right through.

You have to start looking at realistic chances of him pinning down an extended run. If Nadal were to suffer into clay all bets would be off for a year end #1. In fact I’m starting to wonder whether Nadal might begin to regard the autumn hard / indoor tournaments in the same way Federer treats clay. It looks like someone crocked themselves chasing the y/e #1 two years in a row.

bogbrush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues on Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:40 am

Rafa's prophetic words from six years ago?:
I have had experiences that I never could have dreamed of, but to finish your career with pain in all parts of your body is not positive.  If he [Federer] finishes his career as a rose, it’s because he has an extraordinary body, but neither Murray nor Djokovic nor I will end up roses.

Top 5 two years ago - at the end of 2015:  Djokovic, Murray, Federer, Wawrinka, Nadal.  Nole/Andy/Stan have barely played the last 6 months, and now Rafa is sputtering.  Only the oldest, Federer, is still standing tall.

summerblues

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel on Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:20 am

Rafa excuses more like. Not "Federer plays an attacking game" / "Federer manages his schedule better".  No "He got lucky!".

Daniel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play on Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:53 am

Hmm, Rafa takes his h2h against Federer very seriously. He protects it at all costs.. 

I guess Federer is now even more happy he played in Rotterdam to take it away from Nadal. It would have been an anti-climax to get the top ranking without playing.

gallery play

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play on Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:09 am

bogbrush wrote:Wow. It means Federer needs 720 points from the sunshine pair to be #1 going into clay, though He must get half of them - by reaching the semi finals - at IW to hold the rank right through.
Yep, and my guess is that if he wins Wimbledon (why not?) , his #1 spot is safe until AO 2019.

gallery play

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest on Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:13 am

gallery play wrote:Hmm, Rafa takes his h2h against Federer very seriously. He protects it at all costs..
I thought the same. He really hates to lose his face.

Like his fans who only turn up here when he’s winning.
And declare themselves as lover of tennis. Laugh

gallery play wrote:
I guess Federer is now even more happy he played in Rotterdam to take it away from Nadal. It would have been an anti-climax to get the top ranking without playing.
I love the fact he went there and did it!

He carped his diem, too!  Bubbly

noleisthebest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush on Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:07 pm

I just wonder..... if Nadal was in trouble through clay might Federer go for RG?

Oldest man to get the Calendar Grand Slam?  Cool

bogbrush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest on Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:12 pm

bogbrush wrote:I just wonder..... if Nadal was in trouble through clay might Federer go for RG?

Oldest man to get the Calendar Grand Slam?  Cool
That would be cheap.

If Paganini says no, it’s a no.

Fed would have to play another tournament before RG, as well.

It all looks possible and exciting on paper but the cruel fact is Fed’s age. He has been playing with house money since 2017, and being Swiss he is a smart banker. Winking

noleisthebest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush on Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:01 pm

The record books don’t care.

Might be worth going in without an event preparation.

bogbrush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest on Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:24 pm

He could, I certainly wouldn’t mind.

But I doubt he’d want to slog there with super slow balls like last time he went there.

He was livid.

noleisthebest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez on Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:53 pm

noleisthebest wrote:He could, I certainly wouldn’t mind.

But I doubt he’d want to slog there with super slow balls like last time he went there.

He was livid.

With his new BH there are no more slow balls for Federer.

Tenez

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest on Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:03 pm

Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:He could, I certainly wouldn’t mind.

He was livid.

With his new BH there are no more slow balls for Federer.
True, but when you see bim exhausted at the end of a week in Rotterdam which was fast and had no sloggers, you can see how quickly he may wilt in RG.

He’d be totally spent for Wimbledon.

noleisthebest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues on Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:53 pm

I doubt Fed will play RG.  He is too level headed for that.  At the back of my mind, there is this CYGS thought, but even I know it is crazy.

Nearer term though, if he is healthy, he should be able to win some serious points in IW/Miami.  The field looks rather week at the moment:

Nole/Andy/Rafa/Stan/Nishi all either not playing, or in very suspect condition.  Zverev/Thiem/Kyrgios all looking worse than this time last year.

Who are the challengers?  Cilic perhaps, if he can play well.  Dimi too - Fed destroyed him in Rotterdam but Dimi may have been ill there (?).  After that, not much.  Other players can spring a surprise, but none are looking consistently dangerous.

I doubt Fed will repeat the double - he is 36 and the age has to start showing - but he could come close.

summerblues

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush on Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:30 pm

Federer really has to think everything through carefully.

I still don’t see how he beats a fit Nadal at RG but him aside there’s nobody he should fear, and if Nadal does suffer this problem for a few months it’s all there for him.

If that was the case he might well devise a new schedule based around the three remaining Slams; one warm-up event before each and a good rest to the WTF.

bogbrush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest on Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:25 pm

I haven’t seen top ten for some time, and it was a bit of a shock who’s there now:

Roger Federer
Rafael Nadal
Marin Cilic
Grigor Dimitrov
Alexander Zverev
Dominic Thiem
David Goffin
Juan Martin del Potro
Kevin Anderson
Jack Sock

It’s prime time for youngsters to step up.

noleisthebest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez on Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:56 pm

noleisthebest wrote:I haven’t seen top ten for some time, and it was a bit of a shock who’s there now:

Roger Federer
Rafael Nadal
Marin Cilic
Grigor Dimitrov
Alexander Zverev
Dominic Thiem
David Goffin
Juan Martin del Potro
Kevin Anderson
Jack Sock

It’s prime time for youngsters to step up.

This to me is a clear effect of the road runners being injured. Those guys were constantly blocking the door to the bigger points. They were so consistent that only mature and more experienced players could make an impact.

But obviously, it was not going to last for ever. It did last much longer than I expected for sure.

Tenez

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar on Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:44 pm

bogbrush wrote:Federer really has to think everything through carefully.

I still don’t see how he beats a fit Nadal at RG but him aside there’s nobody he should fear, and if Nadal does suffer this problem for a few months it’s all there for him.

If that was the case he might well devise a new schedule based around the three remaining Slams; one warm-up event before each and a good rest to the WTF.

He's already surprised me with Rotterdam, but I think RG is a very different kettle of fish, this is Paganini on clay.

'The advantage when you play on clay for the joints is that there is less shock because there is the slide, and the disadvantage of [playing on] hard courts is that shock,' he said. 'But the advantage on hard courts is that the shock is brief.
In contrast, the disadvantage with the slide on clay is that there is a lot of vibration in the joints. We don’t see it from the outside, but to control this slide there is instability in the knee, the foot, the ankle.
And that in some cases can be bad for the knee or joint in question.

If he plays, say, 10 matches over the IW/Miami double he's got 22 matches under his belt this year already.  I don't think changing to clay, and then back to grass is a very clever idea for a 36-yr old who should have a real chance at Wimbledon again, and even the USO if his back holds out.  If he were to play clay, perhaps the best way to do it would be to win IW and skip Miami, but he's already said defending both titles is a priority.

barrystar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez on Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:57 pm

[quote="barrystar"]
'The advantage when you play on clay for the joints is that there is less shock because there is the slide, and the disadvantage of [playing on] hard courts is that shock,' he said. 'But the advantage on hard courts is that the shock is brief.
In contrast, the disadvantage with the slide on clay is that there is a lot of vibration in the joints. We don’t see it from the outside, but to control this slide there is instability in the knee, the foot, the ankle.

Yes I can see his point but I don;t think one second HC will be any easier on joints. Didn't his injury actually happened during the AO? Nadal has always complained about HC v Clay. If anything grass can be even dodgier as we can see so many players getting injured there.

But he's already said defending both titles is a priority. Has he? so weird. I am sure he is going to lose early in one of them.

Tenez

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar on Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:07 pm

Here is the report: https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/feb/12/roger-federer-rotterdam-world-number-one

I guess by being here now, and maybe being in Dubai, it’s just going to have to be lighter if I play the clay-court season. Or not at all. So I just have to get into this situation a little bit, because the priority is for me to try to defend my sunshine double in Indian Wells and Miami. So, then we’ll see what happens with the clay, what happens next

barrystar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest on Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:15 pm

O
barrystar wrote:
bogbrush wrote:Federer really has to think everything through carefully.

He's already surprised me with Rotterdam, but I think RG is a very different kettle of fish, this is Paganini on clay.

If he plays, say, 10 matches over the IW/Miami double he's got 22 matches under his belt this year already.  I don't think changing to clay, and then back to grass is a very clever idea for a 36-yr old who should have a real chance at Wimbledon again, and even the USO if his back holds out.  If he were to play clay, perhaps the best way to do it would be to win IW and skip Miami, but he's already said defending both titles is a priority.

I think it is difficult to make the right judgement for Federer, let alone for ourselves.

It looks as if things need time to ripen and make their own mind up, almost like there is no point in planning or wanting something to happen...this Indian summer of Roger’s career is his and ours yet it’s in nobody's hands.

As if it’s already all happened, just now unravelling one by one...

First that enormous win in the AO 17 final, then becoming number one again in Rotterdam.

Those two momets look more significant and amazing by the week.

So now what is next...who knows.

Paganinni, like a conserver of a precious, priceless ancient vase, almost jealously does not want the masterpiece to travel to an exhibition far away and maybe get damaged in transport...keep it safe  where it’s safe, under the vacuum glass of its tried  and trusted habitat.

Of course the world wants to see the Magical Man, to touch him, everyhwere...

I am deeply happy I got to see him in Rotterdam, in his golden moment, almost proud.

But what about him...how did he celebrate it?

Where did he take that funny cardboard trophy?
To an invisible mountain top this time?

To a place that only existed in his heart for a brief moment to match that trophy in/with its light, temporary, “recyclable” quality....

Maybe that’s it...keep recycling that moment.

Cos silverware does not matter any more.

The battle is won. The shield and sword can be put away.

Anything can happen.

We just need to wait and be happy that somewhere, Maestro is mixing his paints gold, red and blue... Winking

noleisthebest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar on Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:43 am

bogbrush wrote:Wow. It means Federer needs 720 points from the sunshine pair to be #1 going into clay, though He must get half of them - by reaching the semi finals - at IW to hold the rank right through.

You have to start looking at realistic chances of him pinning down an extended run. If Nadal were to suffer into clay all bets would be off for a year end #1. In fact I’m starting to wonder whether Nadal might begin to regard the autumn hard / indoor tournaments in the same way Federer treats clay. It looks like someone crocked themselves chasing the y/e #1 two years in a row.

Oddly enough I saw it the other way and thought he should miss January to April. Think the courts in the autumn swing are more favourable to him. 

Think Federer is in for a long haul with the No.1 ranking. 

I don't think tennis has ever needed Roger more than it really does now! The field is totally decimated.

legendkillar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar on Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:45 am

SB posted something quite eloquent on 606V2 regarding a comment Rafa made. He should bring it here as it's looking a distinct reality!

legendkillar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez on Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:02 am

legendkillar wrote:SB posted something quite eloquent on 606V2 regarding a comment Rafa made. He should bring it here as it's looking a distinct reality!
Is it the bit where Nadal says in 2012 Fed has a special body or something?

Tenez

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar on Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:17 pm

That would be one. Basically stating he, Murray and Djokovic will limp into retirement whereas Federer will walk gracefully instead. Quite sombre on the face of things.

legendkillar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest on Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:42 pm

That’s Nadal for you....can’t go down gracefully but has to drag Murray and Djokovic with him.

For Murray he may be right, as Murray’s had 3 surgeries so far, but no way is Djokovic spent physically like the other two.

On the one hand, Nadal is right that Federer is lucky  because of the talent he’s been given, but on the other Nadal was greedy and like Salieri -  jealous: he stopped at nothing in order  to destroy that talent and in the process destroyed his body.

My heart is not bleeding.

noleisthebest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez on Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:50 pm

noleisthebest wrote:That’s Nadal for you....can’t go down gracefully but has to drag Murray and Djokovic with him.
he knows one one he sees one!

For Murray he may be right, as he’s had 3 surgeries so far, but no way is Djokovic spent physically like the other two.
It's going to be interesting. Sure Murray looks gone but the other 2 are not done yet maybe....the problem will be their old game. can they adapt to the more aggressive game of teh next gen.

On the one hand, Nadal i... he stopped at nothing in order  to destroy that talent and in the process destroyed his body.
Yes but that is he had to do. Like Djoko decided to develop his retrieving skills over his attacking ones in order to be successful. Everybody wants to succeed. They have to do it their way.

Tenez

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest on Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:59 pm

Federer (and Djokovic) can turn around and say the same to Nadal: HE was the one who was lucky, luckiest of them all... to be allowed to dope, choose umpires, have courts and balls slowed down for him, draws rigged...

noleisthebest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next