» ATP 250/500 Tournaments 2018 Thread: Rio, Marseille, Delray
Today at 1:29 pm by noleisthebest

» 6 in a row
Yesterday at 2:31 am by Daniel

» FEDERER FANPAGE
Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:03 am by noleisthebest

» Transgenderism and the women’s game
Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:09 pm by bogbrush

» Is this the most delusional article ever written about tennis?
Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:42 am by Daniel

» better make it 20
Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:46 pm by Daniel

» Weird fact of the Day
Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:06 am by barrystar

February 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

#1 ranking

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Re: #1 ranking

Post by Tenez on Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:45 am

bogbrush wrote:
Tenez wrote:No - It's in the revelation of St John.

1:12 And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And having turned I saw seven golden candlesticks; 1:13 and in the midst of the candlesticks one like unto a son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about at the breasts with a golden girdle. 1:14 And his head and his hair were white as white wool, white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; 1:15 and his feet like unto burnished brass, as if it had been refined in a furnace; and his voice as the voice of many waters. 1:16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth proceeded a sharp two-edged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength. 1:17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as one dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying, Fear not; I am the first and the last, 1:18 and the Living one; and I was dead, and behold, I am alive for evermore, and I have the keys of death and of Hades.
John was on some pretty intense shit when he wrote all that.

The very definition of a bad trip.
You could have listened to that little voice who questioned you and your eternity many years ago. Instead you blocked it and now you have become deaf.

I find the scriptures, be it Bible, Taosism, Boudism, Koran, etc...very interesting, especially since they lead to the same point.

Tenez

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel on Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:17 am

barrystar wrote:In relation to snooker, I think that the standard has just raced up in more recent years.  For me what is absolutely astounding is the break-building abilities of nearly all of them, how often they nervelessly take on some absolutely horrible colour in the middle of a break which in the old days would have had most of them settling for 40-50 in the bank and position.  Nowadays any player who does that gets nowhere.

The conditions have changed massively since the '70s though. The balls are lighter, the cloth is super fine and makes potting so easy for the pros that the game has become a joke.  You couldn't break build back then the way you can now... pack splits and potting, esp down the rails, was a lot harder.  Additionally, positional play was tougher.  The cue action needed back then to go round the angles was much harder.  Go to your local club and you'll likely find thicker cloth... and you'll quickly see how balls don't pot when they hit any part of the inner jaw - or how hard it is to get action on the cueball.  And your local club will still not come near to the cloth of the '70s.

Part of the reason I largely stopped watching snooker is that it's become a one man sport.

Daniel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest on Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:19 am

Daniel wrote:
barrystar wrote:In relation to snooker, I think that the standard has just raced up in more recent years.  For me what is absolutely astounding is the break-building abilities of nearly all of them, how often they nervelessly take on some absolutely horrible colour in the middle of a break which in the old days would have had most of them settling for 40-50 in the bank and position.  Nowadays any player who does that gets nowhere.

The conditions have changed massively since the '70s though. The balls are lighter, the cloth is super fine and makes potting so easy for the pros that the game has become a joke.  You couldn't break build back then the way you can now... pack splits and potting, esp down the rails, was a lot harder.  Additionally, positional play was tougher.  The cue action needed back then to go round the angles was much harder.  Go to your local club and you'll likely find thicker cloth... and you'll quickly see how balls don't pot when they hit any part of the inner jaw - or how hard it is to get action on the cueball.  And your local club will still not come near to the cloth of the '70s.

Part of the reason I largely stopped watching snooker is that it's become a one man sport.

That sound just like tennis before new strings came on the scene.

Now we have a shot variety bigger than ever, but the game itself has become monotonous. (with a few exceptions)

noleisthebest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel on Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:59 am

Yeah, there are parallels.  Definitely.  But tennis still has far more going on in it than snooker.  And it still has 3 surfaces that do play at least somewhat differently - even now.  Snooker is one surface... and it;s been severely dumbed down.  Snooker is like checkers; tennis is like chess.

PS  Darts is like tic-tac-toe - even though I am good at it and love playing it.

Daniel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush on Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:07 pm

Tenez wrote:
bogbrush wrote:
Tenez wrote:No - It's in the revelation of St John.

1:12 And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And having turned I saw seven golden candlesticks; 1:13 and in the midst of the candlesticks one like unto a son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about at the breasts with a golden girdle. 1:14 And his head and his hair were white as white wool, white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; 1:15 and his feet like unto burnished brass, as if it had been refined in a furnace; and his voice as the voice of many waters. 1:16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth proceeded a sharp two-edged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength. 1:17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as one dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying, Fear not; I am the first and the last, 1:18 and the Living one; and I was dead, and behold, I am alive for evermore, and I have the keys of death and of Hades.
John was on some pretty intense shit when he wrote all that.

The very definition of a bad trip.
You could have listened to that little voice who questioned you and your eternity many years ago. Instead you blocked it and now you have become deaf.

I find the scriptures, be it Bible, Taosism, Boudism, Koran, etc...very interesting, especially since they lead to the same point.
Yeah, they’re all a load of nonsense. I can agree on that.

Funny how the Book of Revelations corresponds so well to an intense psychedelic experience. Even the title implies some kind of seriously mind blowing episode. It’s pretty obvious that’s what it was - the whole account is complete and utter bollocks with one crazy event morphing into another; trumpets, dragons, weird recurrent numbers. Pity they didn’t set it all down with pictures, they would have been wild..

bogbrush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest on Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:06 pm

BB,
I appreciate you trusting in your own ability etc.
But just because you don’t understand something, doesn’t mean it’s a “load of nonsense”.

If everyone thought like you, we’d still be tilling the ground with old tools...which in hindsight is not such a bad thing.

But we are where we are precisely because the Bible said  so many thousands of years ago.

noleisthebest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush on Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:42 pm

Woah! The Bible told us to invent space rockets and do genetic engineering? Was that in Leviticus?

If everyone thought like me the World would be incredible, full of people taking personal responsibility with no need for oppressive government.

Anyway, sorry for the derail but I just don’t buy the need for fantasy books to tell us to behave. And I certainly don’t think some guys bad acid trip needs to be taken seriously.

bogbrush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest on Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:58 pm

bogbrush wrote:Woah! The Bible told us to invent space rockets and do genetic engineering? Was that in Leviticus?

If everyone thought like me the World would be incredible, full of people taking personal responsibility with no need for oppressive government.

Anyway, sorry for the derail but I just don’t buy the need for fantasy books to tell us to behave. And I certainly don’t think some guys bad acid trip needs to be taken seriously.
Yes, you’ve hot the nail on the head.

That is the only reason people are not interested in following teachings of Christ, it’s simply too tough...and people like you don’t like to see themselves as anything less than perfect.

As a result, we have a chaos, destroyed planet and billions of unhappy people.

noleisthebest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush on Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:06 pm

You obviously don’t understand the nuance of English. I said I don’t need a fantasy book to tell me, the implication being that grown ups can work this out for themselves.

Disbelief is nothing to do with it being hard, it’s because most of us simply don’t buy superstitious nonsense.

bogbrush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest on Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:33 pm

bogbrush wrote:You obviously don’t understand the nuance of English. I said I don’t need a fantasy book to tell me, the implication being that grown ups can work this out for themselves.
Word “fantasy” has nothing to do woth nuancies in any language, let alone English.
It’s a basic adjective common in any indoeuropean language.
bogbrush wrote:
Disbelief is nothing to do with it being hard, it’s because most of us simply don’t buy superstitious nonsense.
The Bible has nothing to do with superstition, quite the opposite.

If you made an effort to read it, you’d know it.

Again, I repeat, the only reason why masses or “most of you” don’t like it is because it’s tok hard to follow, requires humility. Amd of course not to be confused with the mess men have made out of it trying to suit it to their selfish needs.

Since we are both hapoy to stick by our guns, there is only one way to find out who is right on this one, you or I, when we die.

noleisthebest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu on Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:21 pm

Religion sucks, only good for those who are insecure in real world. Officially.

When you die you are 2 meters in underground mud, same as anyone else, anyway too much of it from nitb in this forum.

Anyway back to reality, think Fed will take this No1 a bit more seriously then we are talking here, so not just a week and be done, I bet he will play some Clay too.

Jahu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush on Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:16 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
bogbrush wrote:You obviously don’t understand the nuance of English. I said I don’t need a fantasy book to tell me, the implication being that grown ups can work this out for themselves.
Word “fantasy” has nothing to do woth nuancies in any language, let alone English.
It’s a basic adjective common in any indoeuropean language.
bogbrush wrote:
The Bible has nothing to do with superstition, quite the opposite.

If you made an effort to read it, you’d know it.

Again, I repeat, the only reason why masses or “most of you” don’t like it is because it’s tok hard to follow, requires humility. Amd of course not to be confused with the mess men have made out of it trying to suit it to their selfish needs.

Since we are both hapoy to stick by our guns, there is only one way to find out who is right on this one, you or I, when we die.

Happily, you won’t know you’re wrong. Belief is mysticcal nonsense like skyfather creator guff is the very definition of superstition, so that’s what it is pure and simple. I’ve read loads of it, it’s just a load of nonsense with significant parts patched together from other religions. Bloody Middle East has a lot to answer for dumping this crap on the rest of us.

I repeat, I don’t believe it because it’s total bollocks. Nothing to do with a hard way, I know plenty of creeps who believe in God and live sloppy lives. That really is a weak belief, it’s just there to make you feel superior (which is pride isn’t it?)

bogbrush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush on Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:21 pm

Jahu wrote:Religion sucks, only good for those who are insecure in real world. Officially.

When you die you are 2 meters in underground mud, same as anyone else, anyway too much of it from nitb in this forum.

Anyway back to reality, think Fed will take this No1 a bit more seriously then we are talking here, so not just a week and be done, I bet he will play some Clay too.
Maybe but I hope he leaves the clay alone unless he’s completely certain he will be fully fit for Wimbledon. Last year suggests he ran short at the end even with no clay so I hope he skips it.

bogbrush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu on Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:22 pm

I would just want 1 MC title, that's all for clay, don't care for RG honestly if another W is possible.

Jahu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush on Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:21 pm

MC would work, then rest for W.

bogbrush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest on Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:19 pm

Monte Carlo is pretty, but a Mickey Mouse tournament.

Rome is the real deal.

noleisthebest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush on Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:46 pm

Rome is also much closer to Wimbledon.

bogbrush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest on Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:44 am

Jahu wrote:Religion sucks, only good for those who are insecure in real world. Officially.

Yahoo,
You old coward and cameleon.
Listen and learn:

noleisthebest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu on Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:03 am

Go away, I mean come back to reality not religious dreams  Laugh

Jahu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel on Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:59 pm

I like trumpets and I like Trump.  But Revelations takes it to Bob Marley pot smokin' levels.

Daniel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4