Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Shot clock
Today at 10:37 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» Canada/Cincinnati Masters Series
Today at 10:21 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» ATP 250/500 Tournaments 2018 Thread: Rio, Marseille, Delray
Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:37 pm by Jahu

» Wilander: On Federer’s Balls, Beating Nadal at RG And More....
Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:17 pm by noleisthebest

» Tennis News
Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:38 pm by luvsports!

» USO 2018 Talk
Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:46 pm by DEC1M7

» The doping program joke of the ITF!!!
Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:32 am by Slippy

» Serena at it again!
Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:05 am by legendkillar

» Djokovic's greatest triumph
Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:22 pm by bogbrush

August 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
  12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
2728293031  

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum


Aus Open Day 10:

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 10:

Post by bogbrush on Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:25 pm

Anyone see much of the Chung / Sandgren match?

It’s very up & down.

bogbrush

Posts : 2280
Join date : 2015-03-30
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 10:

Post by noleisthebest on Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:27 pm

bogbrush wrote:Anyone see much of the Chung / Sandgren match?

It’s very up & down.
No, but look forward to seeing how Chung copes on tje vig scene against Maestro...

So far he hasn’t shown choking qualities...but I think he may tomorrow.

noleisthebest

Posts : 27239
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 10:

Post by bogbrush on Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:32 pm

By up & down I didn’t mean inconsistent, I meant down the middle baseline exchanges with little risk being taken.

Sandgren donated the 2nd set, blowing it when serving.

I’m feeling encouraged watching this match.

bogbrush

Posts : 2280
Join date : 2015-03-30
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 10:

Post by barrystar on Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:16 pm

I think one can say with a degree of confidence that Federer will pose a different, and more exacting challenge to Chung, and in particular the Chung serve, than Sandgren did.  I may be looking for it, but Sandgren seems to have spent a lot of time feeding manageable balls to Chung and getting what he deserved as a result.

barrystar

Posts : 546
Join date : 2017-11-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 10:

Post by bogbrush on Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:38 pm

That’s exactly how I’m seeing it. Plus Sandgren must be really tired.

bogbrush

Posts : 2280
Join date : 2015-03-30
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 10:

Post by Tenez on Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:42 pm

I think the main fear or doubt for Federer is that Chung is similar to Djoko and Djoko turned out to be Federer's toughest opponent ever. At least the only one with still a question mark.

Of course fit Djoko's main advantage over Chung would be the serve but I feel Chung could compensate that by his BL shots which seem pacier.

Yet I don;t think Chung has it in him to beat Federer...unless he manages to throw a few long rallies.

Once again, Federer has no choice but to execute perfectly to save energy for that possible final. He has not got the luxury to play too relax.

Tenez

Posts : 19321
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 10:

Post by bogbrush on Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:48 pm

It takes two to rally long.

bogbrush

Posts : 2280
Join date : 2015-03-30
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 10:

Post by luvsports! on Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:00 pm

Tenez wrote:I think the main fear or doubt for Federer is that Chung is similar to Djoko and Djoko turned out to be Federer's toughest opponent ever. At least the only one with still a question mark.

Of course fit Djoko's main advantage over Chung would be the serve but I feel Chung could compensate that by his BL shots which seem pacier.

Yet I don;t think Chung has it in him to beat Federer...unless he manages to throw a few long rallies.

Once again, Federer has no choice but to execute perfectly to save energy for that possible final. He has not got the luxury to play too relax.

Do you see Chung as a more talented version of Djoko? 
Why does he not fall into the roadrunner category?

luvsports!

Posts : 4486
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 10:

Post by Tenez on Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:14 pm

luvsports! wrote:
Tenez wrote:I think the main fear or doubt for Federer is that Chung is similar to Djoko and Djoko turned out to be Federer's toughest opponent ever. At least the only one with still a question mark.

Of course fit Djoko's main advantage over Chung would be the serve but I feel Chung could compensate that by his BL shots which seem pacier.

Yet I don;t think Chung has it in him to beat Federer...unless he manages to throw a few long rallies.

Once again, Federer has no choice but to execute perfectly to save energy for that possible final. He has not got the luxury to play too relax.

Do you see Chung as a more talented version of Djoko? 
Why does he not fall into the roadrunner category?
More talented is difficult to say. Ball striking wise yes, mental and fitness wise difficult to say too early. I think he is too heavy to have Djoko's longevity. It looks like he has been injured quite a bit already.

Yes he is a road runner but that's not something which was that obvious 2 years ago. He had that very heavy FH and was only playing guys who simply did not rally. I won't be a big fan of his, but it is good he can beat guys like Zverev and Djoko at their own games. Always a pleasure to watch like it was to see nadal being asphyxiated by Djoko back then.

Tenez

Posts : 19321
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 10:

Post by bogbrush on Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:10 pm

Could do with the day 11 thread going up......

bogbrush

Posts : 2280
Join date : 2015-03-30
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 10:

Post by luvsports! on Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:26 pm

bogbrush wrote:Could do with the day 11 thread going up......

By all means, go ahead...

luvsports!

Posts : 4486
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 10:

Post by bogbrush on Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:23 pm

luvsports! wrote:
bogbrush wrote:Could do with the day 11 thread going up......

By all means, go ahead...
I’m useless at that type of thing, I don’t understand the game. You da man.

bogbrush

Posts : 2280
Join date : 2015-03-30
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 10:

Post by Jahu on Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:42 pm

Berdy would of beaten today Chung, no kidding, don't know whats all the panic.

Jahu

Posts : 2778
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 10:

Post by luvsports! on Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:44 pm

Join us for the French Open, Bogbrush. Ask Mrs Bogbrush too!

luvsports!

Posts : 4486
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 10:

Post by bogbrush on Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:33 pm

Think I will, though doubt Mrs B would participate. Hard to explain but something along the lines of her reckoning anything like that is stupid. Obviously Call the Midwife is modern classical drama too. 

Talk about opposites attracting.......

bogbrush

Posts : 2280
Join date : 2015-03-30
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 10:

Post by summerblues on Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:33 am

bogbrush wrote:Both statements were correct and reflected the matters at hand, summerblues. You saying they were wrong or that events changed quickly?
They were not wrong, but each of them contemplated a very different hypothetical world.  In the first one, Rafa is just about to catch Fed this Wimbledon, in the second one, he never will.  I do not think that one loss to Cilic, however important, objectively made such a huge difference.  Obviously, harder now for Rafa to catch Fed, but possible still.  He may well have another 3+ years to do it.

summerblues

Posts : 3876
Join date : 2012-05-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 10:

Post by Tenez on Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:46 am

3 years is a lot. I can't see the opposition doing nothing for 3 years. In fact this loss shows he may not even have 1 year. He had a cake draw but even a 1D game like Cilic was enough to stretch and had to take too much risk physically to stay with him....like to happened there v Ferrer and Stan a few years back. Imagine, Shapo, Chung, Zverev, Rublev in 3 years time..what if Nishi, Cilic, Gffin and others finally reach their mature/top level by then?

tennis only get tougher.

Tenez

Posts : 19321
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 10:

Post by summerblues on Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:14 am

Tenez wrote:3 years is a lot. I can't see the opposition doing nothing for 3 years.
I would like to hope so too.  But who knows.  I thought he was fading away in 2015 and 2016, but he came back strong last year and is No 1 now - which I thought he would never be again.  He will be 34-35 in three years.  One would think that with his style, it will be harder to keep it up that long than with Fed's game, but it is not entirely outside of realm of possibilities.  Maybe he wins another 5-6 slams between now and then.

summerblues

Posts : 3876
Join date : 2012-05-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 10:

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum