Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
open - Aus Open Day 2: EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
open - Aus Open Day 2: EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
open - Aus Open Day 2: EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
open - Aus Open Day 2: EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
open - Aus Open Day 2: EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
open - Aus Open Day 2: EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
open - Aus Open Day 2: EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
open - Aus Open Day 2: EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
open - Aus Open Day 2: EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Aus Open Day 2:

+3
Tenez
noleisthebest
luvsports!
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

open - Aus Open Day 2: Empty Aus Open Day 2:

Post by luvsports! Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:05 pm

Fabbiano (33) vs Zverev (4)
Royg (33) vs Pliskova (6)
Halep (1) vs Aiava (33)
Bedene (33) vs Federer (2)
Maria (33) vs Sharapova (33)
Djokovic (14) vs Young (33)
Delpo (12) vs Tiafoe (33)
Berankis (33) vs Stan (9)
Konta (9) vs Brengle (33)
Berdych (19) vs De Minaur (33)

Fabbiano, Royg, Aiava, Bedene, Sharapova, Djok, Delpo, Berankis, Brengle, Berdych
Bulge: zverev, pliskova, halep, sharapova, young, delpo, berankis, brengle, de minaur
teddy: fabbiano, royg, aiava, bedene, sharapova, young, tiafoe, berankis, brengle, de minaur
mikey: zverev, pliskova, halep, fed, shara, djok, delpo, stan, konta, birdbrain

Last edited by luvsports! on Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

open - Aus Open Day 2: Empty Re: Aus Open Day 2:

Post by noleisthebest Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:32 pm

Zverev, Pliskova, Halep, Federer, Sharapova, Djokovic, Delpo, Berankis, Konta, Berdych

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:12 pm

Zverev (4)
Pliskova (6)
Aiava (33)
Bedene (33)
Sharapova (33)
Djokovic (14)
Delpo (12)
Berankis (33)
Konta (9)
Berdych (19)

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:27 pm

I was watching a replay of Dimi v Novak today and in fact the real Novak was Dimi. I explain. Dimi is playing very similar to Nole. He is very quick and flexible and though he tries to get to the net a bitmore, his shots are not very aggressive. A lot of his strength is the retrieving skill.

I was not too impressed.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:32 pm

Tenez wrote:I was watching a replay of Dimi v Novak today and in fact the real Novak was Dimi. I explain. Dimi is playing very similar to Nole. He is very quick and flexible and though he tries to get to the net a bitmore, his shots are not very aggressive. A lot of his strength is the retrieving skill.

I was not too impressed.  
Welcome to my world!!!

I’ve been saying that about Dimi for years...that he is playing a DBH tennis despite the one hand on the BH.

He is simply not talented enough in the realm of ball striking, and hence weaponless.

So what else is he going to do but defend....and attack with the limited ability he has.

But we have to be kind to the likes of him, Ferrer..who want to attack but their weapons are toothless.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:51 pm

I think he is talented. I have seen amazing amazing rallies from him. However, that's a tennis he coudl not produce on tough, pressure points so he now plays within himself. A bit too much for my taste but with the success of Nadal, Djoko and Murray, it is not surprising they all take that route.

That's where Federer is different I guess. He has the mental strength to lay a risky game....and so much talent that teh risk is not that big either.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:04 am

I can’t say I’ve ever seen Dimi play loose tennis.

In fact only Fed and Shapo do.

Again, talent is a big deciding factor there, which is why it was so funny when someone (I think it was Decima) was defending Nadal’s style of play as his choice, i.e. he has the talent but prefers to play 4m behind the baseline.

Anyway, it’s good to have Dimi around. A very fair player.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:22 am

noleisthebest wrote:I can’t say I’ve ever seen Dimi play loose tennis.

In fact only Fed and Shapo do.

Again, talent is a big deciding factor there, which is why it was so funny when someone (I think it was Decima) was defending Nadal’s style of play as his choice, i.e. he has the talent but prefers to play 4m behind the baseline....

Yep Decima and his subjective logic.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:25 am

Is it just me or has Novak lost a lot of weight? He looks like a famine survivor.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:57 am

summerblues wrote:Is it just me or has Novak lost a lot of weight?  He looks like a famine survivor.

I have not checked but he was already very thin, completely fatless. To lose weight he d had to get rid of bones.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:28 am

Looking at the draw again....it's ridiculously easy for Nadal. They simply could not have done it better had it been Nadal's team placing them by hand.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:48 am

Tenez wrote:Looking at the draw again....it's ridiculously easy for Nadal. They simply could not have done it better had it been Nadal's team placing them by hand.

Nadal's route:
R4- Dolgo
QF- Cilic
SF- Dimitrov/Kyrgios

Fed's route:
R4- Querrey
QF- Del Potro
SF- Djokovic/Zverev

If you take into account Djokovic is still injured, has had to remodel his service motion, and hasn't played for ages (not even a warm up tournament cos he was injured for that); he's not a threat at all, very unlikely he'll even reach the second week.
I think Nadal's run in is harder, Cilic is harder for him to beat than the new no-BH Del Potro.
The only players who I thought had a shot at beating him before the final was Dimitrov and Kyrgios, and they've both ended up in his half, his bad luck.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:51 am

Anyone watching Kokki v Medv.....a festival of choke!

Medvedev in particular.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:52 am

DECIMA wrote:
Tenez wrote:Looking at the draw again....it's ridiculously easy for Nadal. They simply could not have done it better had it been Nadal's team placing them by hand.

Nadal's route:
R4- Dolgo
QF- Cilic
SF- Dimitrov/Kyrgios

Fed's route:
R4- Querrey
QF- Del Potro
SF- Djokovic/Zverev

If you take into account Djokovic is still injured, has had to remodel his service motion, and hasn't played for ages (not even a warm up tournament cos he was injured for that); he's not a threat at all, very unlikely he'll even reach the second week.
I think Nadal's run in is harder, Cilic is harder for him to beat than the new no-BH Del Potro.
The only players who I thought had a shot at beating him before the final was Dimitrov and Kyrgios, and they've both ended up in his half, his bad luck.
Why do you conveniently get rid of the first 3 rounds?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:57 am

And the main point is that if Dolgo, or Cilic fail to reach their rounds who's left? Whereas In Fed's draw there are plenty of good players who can replace them.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:18 am

Tenez wrote:
DECIMA wrote:

Nadal's route:
R4- Dolgo
QF- Cilic
SF- Dimitrov/Kyrgios

Fed's route:
R4- Querrey
QF- Del Potro
SF- Djokovic/Zverev

Why do you conveniently get rid of the first 3 rounds?
Thought you were talking about the run-in. Can do R1-3 as well

Fed:
R1- Bedene
R2- Struff
R3- Gasquet

Nadal:
R1- Burgos
R2- L.Mayer
R3- Dzhumur

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:47 am

Bottom line is, Fed would gladly swap with Nadal. Not sure about the other way round.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:48 am

Bedene is so boring.

Fed looking good despite amfew wild shots st the end of set one.

Court playing nicely, and Kyrgios will be tough to stop if healthy.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:52 am

summerblues wrote:Is it just me or has Novak lost a lot of weight?  He looks like a famine survivor.
He looks the same to me.

But his tennis looks a little better no grunting, cleaner sound off the ball, better serve.

Impressive score after the long break, though Young looked pathetic.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:55 am

DECIMA wrote:

Nadal's route:
R4- Dolgo
QF- Cilic
SF- Dimitrov/Kyrgios

Fed's route:
R4- Querrey
QF- Del Potro
SF- Djokovic/Zverev

Oh come on Amrit, Djokovic is a proper player and has cruised his first match.

Nadal's got nothing until the semi.... but then I think that's how it was last year too and Federer had a beast of a draw.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:05 am

In terms of the QF draw I think for Rafa, Cilic is harder than Del Potro; as the tactics for Nadal as a lefty against JDP is easier to execute while Cilic has no big weakness. Cilic also probably has a marginally bigger serve.

As for Djokovic, I agree historically and as a 'big name' it looks tougher for Fed, but in reality Djokovic is a player who has been having mental troubles, hasn't played for 6 months (and no, it's not like Fed and Nadal last year because he was too injured for warm up tournaments), and has had to remodel his serve, and he says his elbow still isn't 100%.
I did see him in an exhibition in a 'tiebreak' before the AO, and he lost to Hewitt who has been retired for a good few years. Retired Hewitt was crushing the Djokovic remodelled serve. No way is Djokovic getting to the semi, if he played Federer or Nadal now he would struggle to win more than 5 games in the match.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:23 am

DECIMA wrote:In terms of the QF draw I think for Rafa, Cilic is harder than Del Potro; as the tactics for Nadal as a lefty against JDP is easier to execute while Cilic has no big weakness. Cilic also probably has a marginally bigger serve.
That is not how you analyse the opponent,

Nadal-Cilic H2H 1:6
Nadal-Delpo H2H 9:5

Cilic has a  big weakness - his head, Delpotro doesn’t, he is an excellent competitor.

Again, Fed would probably gladly swap with Nadal’s draw, not sure about the otjer way round,
DECIMA wrote:
As for Djokovic, I agree historically and as a 'big name' it looks tougher for Fed, but in reality Djokovic is a player who has been having mental troubles, hasn't played for 6 months (and no, it's not like Fed and Nadal last year because he was too injured for warm up tournaments), and has had to remodel his serve, and he says his elbow still isn't 100%.
Djokovic is a bit more than a “big” name, he has won 12 slams and has a positive H2H with both Nadla and Federer.
He is Nadal’s nightmare, and even Toni said he is the most difficult player Nadal has played.
Nole is “only” 30.

His remodelled serve looks good. He also beat Thiem convincingly in that same event he lost to Hewitt, probably out of charity.

Unless Dzumhur takesmoit Nadal, I hope Kurgios makes the QF and rises to the occasion.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:32 am

noleisthebest wrote:
DECIMA wrote:In terms of the QF draw I think for Rafa, Cilic is harder than Del Potro; as the tactics for Nadal as a lefty against JDP is easier to execute while Cilic has no big weakness. Cilic also probably has a marginally bigger serve.
That is not how you analyse the opponent,

Nadal-Cilic H2H 1:6
Nadal-Delpo H2H 9:5
True, but that H2H is because Del Potro used to have a decent backhand to back up his FH, now it's a huge weakness and Nadal can target it at will.

noleisthebest wrote:His remodelled serve looks good. He also beat Thiem convincingly in that same event he lost to Hewitt, probably out of charity.
Hewitt was destroying his new serve. Thiem was jetlagged and had a virus in that exhibition, he was really suffering.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:35 am

I thought the rule was 2 serves if interruption after first serve. Why did Bedene get 2 serves after that baby cried?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:38 am

I'm confused, isn't Kyrgios scheduled to meet Dimitrov rather than Nadal?

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:39 am

bogbrush wrote:I'm confused, isn't Kyrgios scheduled to meet Dimitrov rather than Nadal?
Yep in R4 I believe.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:41 am

DECIMA wrote:
Hewitt was destroying his new serve. Thiem was jetlagged and had a virus in that exhibition, he was really suffering.
He was playing awful indeed. now I know why.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:47 am

How's Fed? The score often doesn't mean much as for all I know he might be just trying things out, shortening points etc.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:48 am

bogbrush wrote:How's Fed? The score often doesn't mean much as for all I know he might be just trying things out, shortening points etc.
He's playing well, taking his backhand on a lot. Some unforced errors probably because he's not in the highest gear, but a good start overall.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:50 am

Bedene is playing well too, some great returns, his first serve is accurate as well but his second serve has been exploited.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:56 am

bogbrush wrote:How's Fed? The score often doesn't mean much as for all I know he might be just trying things out, shortening points etc.
Routine win, no sweat.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:57 am

Tenez wrote:I thought the rule was 2 serves if interruption after first serve. Why did Bedene get 2 serves after that baby cried?
I didn’t even notice that.
Too busy smiling at Fed’s comment.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:04 am

Tiafoe wearing the ugliest outfit in the history of tennis.

Not even Fed could pull it off!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:06 am

Fed has still great shots but flexibility and speed around the court is now showing 37. Well showing 34...He is still amazingly quick for a 37yo.

Not his best match but Bedene played a role.

Djoko was as quick on his feet as ever.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:07 am

noleisthebest wrote:Tiafoe wearing the ugliest outfit in the history of tennis.

Which one was Fed's worst?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:12 am

Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:Tiafoe wearing the ugliest outfit in the history of tennis.

Which one was Fed's worst?
I can’t remember.
He makes even the binbag look good.

But I do remember stg horrible, I think last year. Lots of red but all the wrong way.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:16 am

I thought the worst outifit was sleevless on Ginepri....or Stepanek's slit shirt.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:18 am

open - Aus Open Day 2: 01tennis.1.600

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:26 am

Delpo likes those long rallies.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:33 am

Tenez wrote:open - Aus Open Day 2: 01tennis.1.600
At least the colours were ok, he even coordinated the tape...

Sleeveless look definitely does not go with tennis. Was it Nadal that started it?

As for poor Step, he’s had his faor share of horros shirts....probably to detract from his face. Run

open - Aus Open Day 2: Czech+Republic+v+Spain+Davis+Cup+World+Group+n10ohpoR9fox

open - Aus Open Day 2: 1348-stepanek-13967

open - Aus Open Day 2: Stepanek-AO-2011-1

open - Aus Open Day 2: Hingis-and-Stepanek-radek-stepanek-24335711-500-375

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:43 am

Though with those crazy loud outfits it can sometimes be a thin line between horrible and great...Like in this case:

open - Aus Open Day 2: Tumblr_opubvaEzmT1qm9s2io1_1280

I bet he had fun wearing it!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:14 am

There a short Stepanek was wearing which was purposely cut through to let air in.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:16 am

We'd love to take you seriously!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:17 am

Tenez wrote:There a short Stepanek was wearing which was purposely cut through to let air in.
Laugh I don’t remember that one.

Maybe that’s his secret with the ladies, he is too hot!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:18 am

DECIMA wrote:

And what would be more dangerous than a fit Djokovic who has nothing to lose and wanted to prove he is back at the very top?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:28 am

Glad Stan won.

Nole-Monf is going to be a better indicator of where Nole is, though I don’t remember Monf has ever beaten him in I think 13 matches.

That is an amazing stat.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:11 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Glad Stan won.

Nole-Monf is going to be a better indicator of where Nole is, though I don’t remember Monf has ever beaten him in I think 13 matches.

That is an amazing stat.
Worlds best roadrunner always beats guy who runs all the time even when he doesn't need to? No surprise there.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:14 pm

Interesting title “best roadrunner”.

I thought Nadal was better as a roadrunner.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:37 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Interesting title “best roadrunner”.

Nadal found his master in that department. Sure with more gutsy shots from Nole....but only just.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:44 pm

Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:Interesting title “best roadrunner”.

Nadal found his master in that department. Sure with more gutsy shots from Nole....but only just.
I disagree.
It is because No,e is a better player than Nadal in general that he was able to beat him in the forst place.
But for the pure roadrunning, scrappying plus lucky shots landong on a line from lost positions, surely Nadal is better.

That’s why it took Nole so long to beat Nadal in RG, long after he caught up with him in fitness.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next