Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Djokovic's greatest triumph
Today at 12:25 pm by gallery play

» Shot clock
Today at 7:10 am by bogbrush

» Men's final prediction
Today at 1:35 am by summerblues

» FIFA World Cup, Russia 2018
Yesterday at 9:27 pm by Daniel

» Castle needs sacking. And so does Becker.
Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:03 pm by legendkillar

» World Cup final croatia vs senegal
Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:43 pm by asperger

» Men's semi final
Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:30 pm by Daniel

» Boys final - Tseng v Draper
Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:22 pm by Slippy

» Screech is back - and not a moment too soon
Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:58 pm by noleisthebest

July 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
      1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031     

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum


Aus Open Day 1:

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 1:

Post by DEC1M7 on Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:12 pm

Daniel wrote:
gallery play wrote:
DECIMA wrote:Again another example of not particularly intelligent logic to try and fit a certain narrative.
It's common sense that playing a warm up tournament is good before a slam after a winter break. Hence most players play either Hopman/Brisbane/Doha.
Nadal's statement to press was that due to his knee he had to delay his start to practice so wouldn't be ready in time for the warm up tournaments.
Feigning the injury to miss practice tournaments would be an unnecessary self inflicted wound.
You talking about 'a week ago his presence for the AO was in jeopardy' is a completely made up quote. He's consistently said he will be fit for Melbourne.
For 12 years we hear his complaints about injuries while he's the fittest almost every time he steps on court. Nadal always surrounds himself with question marks about his fitness.  And if Nadal he loses he can always throw the "subtle" hint: 'No,no i don't want to talk about the injury...not the time to talk about the injury, no?'
Apparently even particularly intelligent Nadal fans try to cover that.

Nadal fans (and team Nadal btw) and trying to create a myth: 'can you imagine what would have happened had he been fit all the time'

Spot on. 

HOW MANY TIMES do we have to see a Sky or BBC headline "Rafa a doubt for X"  Why, just this year it's happened already.  Everyone is talking about how Nadal skipped a tournament and was "plagued" with injuries.  The man is a maggot.  A stuck record of excuses and deliberate mind games.  I've never known a narcissist as bad as Nadal.

Like you say, he then gets on court like a gazelle. If he loses, the "knee" flares up again.  If he wins... oh what a warrior.

Reality check: People with real injuries can't compete at club level, never mind slam level.  The sooner you accept the guy is a savage cock head, the better. Laugh
Both of you are clutching at straws here:

a) Skipping warm up tournaments hurts Nadal's own chances after a winter break. Anyone who understands tennis knows this. If he did do this on purpose, he's just tried to self inflict a wound. Unlikely.
b) He did not say he was injured for Aus Open. He said he started practicing late and therefore had to miss warm up tournaments. He said multiple times he was on track for Melbourne and was looking forward to playing there.

I agree with you on the media headlines, but look at what Tenez just found. A Guardian headline saying he's a doubt, not based on quotes or evidence, just clickbait.

DEC1M7

Posts : 4793
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 1:

Post by noleisthebest on Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:18 pm

noleisthebest wrote:

I don't know the details, but Serbian media are reporting Troicki's saying (after having a chat with Nole), the meeting was all about getting lower ranked players to get paid more, that if you are ranked below 50 you struggle.
Also that despite media salivatingly reporting about millions in ever increasing prize money, the players see peanuts.

And apparently players have threatened with strike.

Nole must have rocked the boat to get Gog and Magog on his back. Good on him!

In addition to that:

"- Samo igrači iz samog vrha imaju dobre uslove, dok su ostali uglavnom nezadovoljni i to je nešto čega su svi svesni. Kao predsednik Saveta igrača, Novak je predložio način na koji trenutna situacija može biti rešena i unapređena. Ono što je neophodno jeste da se svi igrači ujedine, oforme sindikat i počnu više da govore o svojim pravima - otkriva izvor blizak igračima koji su prisustvovali sastanku.'

Nole's not splitting from ATP, but putting his neck on the line for lower ranked players as a president of players council by proposing formation of a Players' Syndicate where they would be able to act in a more united way.

Definitely interesting.

Would like to hear what Federer, Nadal and Murray say on the meeting.

noleisthebest

Posts : 27202
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 1:

Post by gallery play on Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:31 pm

DECIMA wrote:
Daniel wrote:
gallery play wrote:
DECIMA wrote:Again another example of not particularly intelligent logic to try and fit a certain narrative.
It's common sense that playing a warm up tournament is good before a slam after a winter break. Hence most players play either Hopman/Brisbane/Doha.
Nadal's statement to press was that due to his knee he had to delay his start to practice so wouldn't be ready in time for the warm up tournaments.
Feigning the injury to miss practice tournaments would be an unnecessary self inflicted wound.
You talking about 'a week ago his presence for the AO was in jeopardy' is a completely made up quote. He's consistently said he will be fit for Melbourne.
For 12 years we hear his complaints about injuries while he's the fittest almost every time he steps on court. Nadal always surrounds himself with question marks about his fitness.  And if Nadal he loses he can always throw the "subtle" hint: 'No,no i don't want to talk about the injury...not the time to talk about the injury, no?'
Apparently even particularly intelligent Nadal fans try to cover that.

Nadal fans (and team Nadal btw) and trying to create a myth: 'can you imagine what would have happened had he been fit all the time'

Spot on. 

HOW MANY TIMES do we have to see a Sky or BBC headline "Rafa a doubt for X"  Why, just this year it's happened already.  Everyone is talking about how Nadal skipped a tournament and was "plagued" with injuries.  The man is a maggot.  A stuck record of excuses and deliberate mind games.  I've never known a narcissist as bad as Nadal.

Like you say, he then gets on court like a gazelle. If he loses, the "knee" flares up again.  If he wins... oh what a warrior.

Reality check: People with real injuries can't compete at club level, never mind slam level.  The sooner you accept the guy is a savage cock head, the better. Laugh
Both of you are clutching at straws here:

a) Skipping warm up tournaments hurts Nadal's own chances after a winter break. Anyone who understands tennis knows this. If he did do this on purpose, he's just tried to self inflict a wound. Unlikely.
b) He did not say he was injured for Aus Open. He said he started practicing late and therefore had to miss warm up tournaments. He said multiple times he was on track for Melbourne and was looking forward to playing there.

I agree with you on the media headlines, but look at what Tenez just found. A Guardian headline saying he's a doubt, not based on quotes or evidence, just clickbait.
Yeah, focus on one little headline of the Guardian instead of 12 years of moaning about all kinds of little inconveniences. 
That 'll win you the argument, right?

gallery play

Posts : 2601
Join date : 2012-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 1:

Post by DEC1M7 on Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:33 pm

gallery play wrote:
Yeah, focus on one little headline of the Guardian instead of 12 years of moaning about all kinds of little inconveniences. 
That 'll win you the argument, right?
No, the one headline was an example of what Tenez came up with which was 'fake'.

It's you who originally made the fake claim about the AO2018, implying Nadal said he wasn't fit for it. This was simply not true, and you haven't been able to back it up.

DEC1M7

Posts : 4793
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 1:

Post by gallery play on Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:39 pm

DECIMA wrote:
gallery play wrote:
Yeah, focus on one little headline of the Guardian instead of 12 years of moaning about all kinds of little inconveniences. 
That 'll win you the argument, right?
No, the one headline was an example of what Tenez came up with which was 'fake'.

It's you who originally made the fake claim about the AO2018, implying Nadal said he wasn't fit for it. This was simply not true, and you haven't been able to back it up.
Ah i see. We've been reading fake news for 12 years. Nadal never said he was injured.

gallery play

Posts : 2601
Join date : 2012-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 1:

Post by DEC1M7 on Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:42 pm

gallery play wrote:
Ah i see. We've been reading fake news for 12 years. Nadal never said he was injured.
You made a specific claim about Aus Open 2018. I called you out on making up a lie, you couldn't defend the lie so now you're talking about '12 years' as a deflection.
I do think Nadal's had his fair share of injury problems, his style of play is very physical so it has taken a toll on his body at times.

DEC1M7

Posts : 4793
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 1:

Post by noleisthebest on Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:51 pm

barrystar wrote:I remember clearly thinking to myself after Federer won the Aus Open 2010 words to the effect of, 'right, he's out of sight now, I can relax, everything else he does is bunce.'  Here we are 10 more slams for Nadal later with Federer only ahead because of 3 'bunce' slams since 2010, and even after the huge relief of last year's AO it's more tense than ever.  I realise that, probably absurdly, I do really care that Federer should end his career with more slams than Nadal.  When they are both done I want to watch tennis played by more guys trying to emulate Federer than Nadal (although properly emulating either is a huge stretch).  There's always a debate about whether there is a GOAT and, if there is, who it is.  I'm done with all that nonsense, but I do so want Fed at least to be ahead on the most important number when all is said and done - that would just seem to me to be 'fitting' - don't ask me why, I wish I was less bothered.

Now we see Nadal with the usual light draw, playing like a beast despite the usual 'will he won't he' build up, scheduled for extra day's rest before a potential decider with a 36-yr-old Federer; not only that, but all the real blocks to Nadal's progress are injured (to be fair, Fed has a chance to take advantage of that too).  Look at all sport, and the guy chasing records usually has an advantage because the person he is following has shown what can be done and is given an incentive to keep on going.

So, absurdly, and amazingly 8 years after I thought it was all over and I could relax watching Federer again, I find the whole situation more uptight than ever - the sport of tennis is truly lucky to have such great competitors and they will individually and collectively be missed when they hang up their racquets.  A Fedal final would be 'behind the sofa' stuff for me.

Yes, that reminds me of the guy who woke up from coma after 11 years and had a shock of his life seeing Federer still play and win.
And that was two years ago!!!

However good it is to have this long fierce rivalry, it's a shame there aren't any new ones.
So much so that poor young players have to have their own baby WTF in order to feel special.

noleisthebest

Posts : 27202
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 1:

Post by barrystar on Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:54 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:

I don't know the details, but Serbian media are reporting Troicki's saying (after having a chat with Nole), the meeting was all about getting lower ranked players to get paid more, that if you are ranked below 50 you struggle.
Also that despite media salivatingly reporting about millions in ever increasing prize money, the players see peanuts.

And apparently players have threatened with strike.

Nole must have rocked the boat to get Gog and Magog on his back. Good on him!

In addition to that:

"- Samo igrači iz samog vrha imaju dobre uslove, dok su ostali uglavnom nezadovoljni i to je nešto čega su svi svesni. Kao predsednik Saveta igrača, Novak je predložio način na koji trenutna situacija može biti rešena i unapređena. Ono što je neophodno jeste da se svi igrači ujedine, oforme sindikat i počnu više da govore o svojim pravima - otkriva izvor blizak igračima koji su prisustvovali sastanku.'

Nole's not splitting from ATP, but putting his neck on the line for lower ranked players as a president of players council by proposing formation of a Players' Syndicate where they would be able to act in a more united way.

Definitely interesting.

Would like to hear what Federer, Nadal and Murray say on the meeting.

Nadal's experiences of the Player Council seem to have been negative according to this quote of Juean Monaco cited in this article http://www.tennisworldusa.org/tennis/news/Rafael_Nadal/35818/rafael-nadal-no-one-listened-to-me-in-the-atp-player-council-hopefully-djokovic-can-do-more-/:

Juan Monaco commented, 'Nadal is the mirror of what South Americans and Spaniards think. He tried to change so many things, suggested changes to favour South American and Spanish tennis, so have more tournaments on clay, [two-year] rankings and longer rest moments.

barrystar

Posts : 545
Join date : 2017-11-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 1:

Post by gallery play on Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:55 pm

DECIMA wrote:
gallery play wrote:
Ah i see. We've been reading fake news for 12 years. Nadal never said he was injured.
You made a specific claim about Aus Open 2018. I called you out on making up a lie, you couldn't defend the lie so now you're talking about '12 years' as a deflection.
I do think Nadal's had his fair share of injury problems, his style of play is very physical so it has taken a toll on his body at times.
You are (conveniently) missing the point and stick to a detail which isn't even relevant in this whole history. I said this situation is so typical: there are always question marks about NAdal's fitness. The source of that is team Nadal itself.
And these question marks very much contradict with how he performs on court.

gallery play

Posts : 2601
Join date : 2012-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 1:

Post by Tenez on Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:08 pm

barrystar wrote:....

Nadal's experiences of the Player Council seem to have been negative according to this quote of Juean Monaco cited in this article http://www.tennisworldusa.org/tennis/news/Rafael_Nadal/35818/rafael-nadal-no-one-listened-to-me-in-the-atp-player-council-hopefully-djokovic-can-do-more-/:

Juan Monaco commented, 'Nadal is the mirror of what South Americans and Spaniards think. He tried to change so many things, suggested changes to favour South American and Spanish tennis, so have more tournaments on clay, [two-year] rankings and longer rest moments.

I'd say it is time the spaniards play a la F. Lopez. He doesn't complain of long tiring seasons and he is 36 I believe.

If they had more guts they'd have shorter rallies, though maybe lower ranked.

You live by the sword you die by the sword.


Tenez

Posts : 19315
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 1:

Post by DEC1M7 on Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:11 pm

gallery play wrote:
DECIMA wrote:
gallery play wrote:
Ah i see. We've been reading fake news for 12 years. Nadal never said he was injured.
You made a specific claim about Aus Open 2018. I called you out on making up a lie, you couldn't defend the lie so now you're talking about '12 years' as a deflection.
I do think Nadal's had his fair share of injury problems, his style of play is very physical so it has taken a toll on his body at times.
You are (conveniently) missing the point and stick to a detail which isn't even relevant in this whole history. I said this situation is so typical: there are always question marks about NAdal's fitness. The source of that is team Nadal itself.
And these question marks very much contradict with how he performs on court.
Well yes, the media raised concerns because he missed Brisbane. Neither him nor his team said he was injured for Melbourne.
You don't have a defence here. Are you arguing he was fit enough to play Brisbane but didn't to harm himself for no reason? Or is he meant to control the media headlines?

It's clear you have a blind hatred for Nadal- and luckily don't let logic or facts get in the way!

DEC1M7

Posts : 4793
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 1:

Post by noleisthebest on Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:26 pm

barrystar wrote:
Nadal's experiences of the Player Council seem to have been negative according to this quote of Juean Monaco cited in this article http://www.tennisworldusa.org/tennis/news/Rafael_Nadal/35818/rafael-nadal-no-one-listened-to-me-in-the-atp-player-council-hopefully-djokovic-can-do-more-/:

Juan Monaco commented, 'Nadal is the mirror of what South Americans and Spaniards think. He tried to change so many things, suggested changes to favour South American and Spanish tennis, so have more tournaments on clay, [two-year] rankings and longer rest moments.
Yes...quite selfish.
There are plenty of clay tournaments, but not enough on grass.

The two year protected ranking is below commenting. I still can’t believe he actually pushed for that.

But I was more interested in what they all thought of this last meeting, formation of independent players union.

I don’t know why media don’t cover/report aboit all that.
It’s all behind closed doors, as if they are discussing nuclear war...[/quote]

noleisthebest

Posts : 27202
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 1:

Post by gallery play on Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:29 pm

DECIMA wrote:
gallery play wrote:
DECIMA wrote:
gallery play wrote:
Ah i see. We've been reading fake news for 12 years. Nadal never said he was injured.
You made a specific claim about Aus Open 2018. I called you out on making up a lie, you couldn't defend the lie so now you're talking about '12 years' as a deflection.
I do think Nadal's had his fair share of injury problems, his style of play is very physical so it has taken a toll on his body at times.
You are (conveniently) missing the point and stick to a detail which isn't even relevant in this whole history. I said this situation is so typical: there are always question marks about NAdal's fitness. The source of that is team Nadal itself.
And these question marks very much contradict with how he performs on court.
Well yes, the media raised concerns because he missed Brisbane. Neither him nor his team said he was injured for Melbourne.
You don't have a defence here. Are you arguing he was fit enough to play Brisbane but didn't to harm himself for no reason? Or is he meant to control the media headlines?

It's clear you have a blind hatred for Nadal- and luckily don't let logic or facts get in the way!
Again Brisbane ... Angry

I should have known better...Never discuss Nadal with a Nadal fan. It's pointless

gallery play

Posts : 2601
Join date : 2012-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 1:

Post by noleisthebest on Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:31 pm

Tenez wrote:
barrystar wrote:....

Nadal's experiences of the Player Council seem to have been negative according to this quote of Juean Monaco cited in this article http://www.tennisworldusa.org/tennis/news/Rafael_Nadal/35818/rafael-nadal-no-one-listened-to-me-in-the-atp-player-council-hopefully-djokovic-can-do-more-/:

Juan Monaco commented, 'Nadal is the mirror of what South Americans and Spaniards think. He tried to change so many things, suggested changes to favour South American and Spanish tennis, so have more tournaments on clay, [two-year] rankings and longer rest moments.

I'd say it is time the spaniards play a la F.  Lopez. He doesn't complain of long tiring seasons and he is 36 I believe.

If they had more guts they'd have shorter rallies, though maybe lower ranked.

You live by the sword you die by the sword.

Well said.

And if I may add (or more repeat what I said a few years ago), the SBH-ers seem to be all doing well and enjoying heir “old” tennis age: Feli Lopez (and GG Lopez), Robredo, Fed, Stan, Youzhni, Kholi...

Wheareas the DBHers are all long gone - Davydenko, Nalbandian, Roddick...

Only Ferrer is still standing!

noleisthebest

Posts : 27202
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 1:

Post by summerblues on Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:50 pm

I see Dzumhur turned his match around. That will have Rafa worried, especially since Rafa's knees are suspect. Though it looks like they held up well enough in the first round.

What did Rublev do? When I went to bed he was two breaks up in the fourth set, going to serve for the match at 5:2. How did the match become a 5-setter? At least he won in the end.

Dimi's section of the draw is packed. Kyrgios, Shapovalov, Rublev and Tsonga are all there. And only one of them can make the quarters.

summerblues

Posts : 3866
Join date : 2012-05-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 1:

Post by Daniel on Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:14 pm

barrystar wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:

I don't know the details, but Serbian media are reporting Troicki's saying (after having a chat with Nole), the meeting was all about getting lower ranked players to get paid more, that if you are ranked below 50 you struggle.
Also that despite media salivatingly reporting about millions in ever increasing prize money, the players see peanuts.

And apparently players have threatened with strike.

Nole must have rocked the boat to get Gog and Magog on his back. Good on him!

In addition to that:

"- Samo igrači iz samog vrha imaju dobre uslove, dok su ostali uglavnom nezadovoljni i to je nešto čega su svi svesni. Kao predsednik Saveta igrača, Novak je predložio način na koji trenutna situacija može biti rešena i unapređena. Ono što je neophodno jeste da se svi igrači ujedine, oforme sindikat i počnu više da govore o svojim pravima - otkriva izvor blizak igračima koji su prisustvovali sastanku.'

Nole's not splitting from ATP, but putting his neck on the line for lower ranked players as a president of players council by proposing formation of a Players' Syndicate where they would be able to act in a more united way.

Definitely interesting.

Would like to hear what Federer, Nadal and Murray say on the meeting.

Nadal's experiences of the Player Council seem to have been negative according to this quote of Juean Monaco cited in this article http://www.tennisworldusa.org/tennis/news/Rafael_Nadal/35818/rafael-nadal-no-one-listened-to-me-in-the-atp-player-council-hopefully-djokovic-can-do-more-/:

Juan Monaco commented, 'Nadal is the mirror of what South Americans and Spaniards think. He tried to change so many things, suggested changes to favour South American and Spanish tennis, so have more tournaments on clay, [two-year] rankings and longer rest moments.

You see, Decima..  at some point, you have to accept reality.  Your man is not a nice guy.  He's a self serving narcissist of the nth order. There is no way around it. He cheats, he bend rules, he demands preferential treatment, he tries to change the entire tour so that it helps him.

He's a CUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNT.  Accept it.  For fucks sake.  It's obvious.

You owe him nothing. He doesn't know you exist.  Leave ego behind and just accept reality.

Daniel

Posts : 3509
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Open Day 1:

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum