Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

GOAT  shapovalov  draw  open  study  Kyrgios  edberg  davis  predict  

Latest topics
» ATP Masters 1000: Monte Carlo 2018
Today at 8:08 pm by Jahu

» Will Nadal lose on clay this year?
Today at 6:36 pm by bogbrush

» Nadal at it again
Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:54 am by noleisthebest

» Clay Season 2018
Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:14 pm by Jahu

» Federer’s Favourite Match
Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:51 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» Where is Fed playing this year?
Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:14 pm by Jahu

» Unintended consequences
Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:58 am by Tenez

» Wimbledon tickets
Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:35 am by noleisthebest

» Djokovic Back With Vajda
Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:53 pm by noleisthebest

April 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
      1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
30      

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum


Djoko takes Stepanek on

Go down

Djoko takes Stepanek on

Post by Jahu on Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:05 pm

Djoko decides to surprise us all with Stepanek, cause Agassi told him so.

Another reason that Djoko is a toy that others play with.

Djoko sucks btw, just so you people don't forget it since no tennis is on  Laugh

Jahu

Posts : 2462
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djoko takes Stepanek on

Post by Tenez on Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:24 pm

I think it is a good choice actually. But not sure how Stpanek can transfer his talent.

Tenez

Posts : 18506
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djoko takes Stepanek on

Post by bogbrush on Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:29 am

He’s obviously deciding to volley. Maybe the body can’t carry on as he has.

bogbrush

Posts : 1904
Join date : 2015-03-30
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djoko takes Stepanek on

Post by summerblues on Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:05 pm

Why? Just because he is going to work with Step does not mean he wants to learn from Step's game. Maybe they just figure they can get along, work together, and that Step has good insights on the game.

summerblues

Posts : 3409
Join date : 2012-05-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djoko takes Stepanek on

Post by bogbrush on Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:37 pm

There was something else Step was noted for in the game.

bogbrush

Posts : 1904
Join date : 2015-03-30
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djoko takes Stepanek on

Post by luvsports! on Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:11 pm

His face?

luvsports!

Posts : 4302
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djoko takes Stepanek on

Post by summerblues on Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:47 pm

bogbrush wrote:There was something else Step was noted for in the game.
Maybe Jelena convinced Nole to hire Step.

summerblues

Posts : 3409
Join date : 2012-05-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djoko takes Stepanek on

Post by noleisthebest on Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:37 pm

It’s going to be very interesting to see now Nole continues his tennis life after the repair knot in his marriage thread.

Also the injuries that went without surgeries.

For me, still the big mystery is why he sacked the whole team including his best man (physio)...that nut is beyond cracking for now. He obviously had a big earthquake in his life.

That aside, what I’ve gleaned looking at stories around the net these days is that he is practicing a new throwing action and testing a new racquet.

It could be a bumpy start in AO.

We’ll see.

As for Stepanek, let’s see if he can un-wooden Nole.

noleisthebest

Posts : 26298
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djoko takes Stepanek on

Post by Tenez on Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:24 pm

What do you mean by "throwing action"? his serve? His tennis elbow probably forced him to.

Tenez

Posts : 18506
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djoko takes Stepanek on

Post by noleisthebest on Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:03 am

Yes, throwing action for serve.
He was practicing it with a rugby ball.

Possibly to relieve the shoulder, not necessarily just the elbow.

noleisthebest

Posts : 26298
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djoko takes Stepanek on

Post by legendkillar on Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:59 am

Intriguing. Was going to post about Step's retirement which was sad following back surgery I believe.

Interesting appointment. I would wish that Djokovic move away from the big name racket and maybe go back to appointments that best suit him. No idea why he went with shock treatment approach.

legendkillar

Posts : 2188
Join date : 2012-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djoko takes Stepanek on

Post by Jahu on Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:46 pm

Yeah, he "maybe" will use Asics shoes too, we are still waiting for the brand of Socks  Laugh

Jahu

Posts : 2462
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djoko takes Stepanek on

Post by noleisthebest on Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:28 pm

legendkillar wrote:Intriguing. Was going to post about Step's retirement which was sad following back surgery I believe.

Interesting appointment. I would wish that Djokovic move away from the big name racket and maybe go back to appointments that best suit him. No idea why he went with shock treatment approach.

Only big name racquet brand can afford a player of his calibre. He is probably staying with HEAD, just a new model with different specs maybe. Hopefully less spin.

As for the coach, Stepanek can hit with him and teach him a lot of things especially at the net.

He is also a fellow east-european with a similar sense of humour, so they’ll click instantly.
I like the Agassi-Stepanek duo.

If Agassi can encourage him to flatten his fh and Stepanek to loosen up than he’ll be more dangerous.

I can’t imagine him ever being the old Nole, though.

noleisthebest

Posts : 26298
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djoko takes Stepanek on

Post by legendkillar on Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:06 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
legendkillar wrote:Intriguing. Was going to post about Step's retirement which was sad following back surgery I believe.

Interesting appointment. I would wish that Djokovic move away from the big name racket and maybe go back to appointments that best suit him. No idea why he went with shock treatment approach.

Only big name racquet brand can afford a player of his calibre. He is probably staying with HEAD, just a new model with different specs maybe. Hopefully less spin.

As for the coach, Stepanek can hit with him and teach him a lot of things especially at the net.

He is also a fellow east-european with a similar sense of humour, so they’ll click instantly.
I like the Agassi-Stepanek duo.

If Agassi can encourage him to flatten his fh and Stepanek to loosen up than he’ll be more dangerous.

I can’t imagine him ever being the old Nole, though.

Just to clarify I didn't mean racket as in the his tennis racquet, but as in the long line of big former pro coach appointments. Even though he achieved success with Becker, I am not convinced Becker was integral as say Lendl was with Murray. Raonic has gone through a few of them.

I guess I am trying to work out what they bring to Djokovic? My view is that his previous set up had been very low key and I felt Vajda and Gritsch were rather comforting stabilizing factor which enabled him to be all he was on court. I am not sure Agassi or Stepanek will add much.

Something clearly went missing following his career slam achievement. I don't think the coach roundabout will bring that back or solve that conundrum. Seems more psychological to me like that drive and desire just went right out of him. Almost like he reached his pinnacle.

Out of all the returns due at the AO, his has me the more curious.

legendkillar

Posts : 2188
Join date : 2012-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Djoko takes Stepanek on

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum