Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
federer - Will Federer and Nadal Finally Meet At The US Open? EmptySat Mar 16, 2024 8:25 am by Daniel2

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
federer - Will Federer and Nadal Finally Meet At The US Open? EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
federer - Will Federer and Nadal Finally Meet At The US Open? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
federer - Will Federer and Nadal Finally Meet At The US Open? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
federer - Will Federer and Nadal Finally Meet At The US Open? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
federer - Will Federer and Nadal Finally Meet At The US Open? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
federer - Will Federer and Nadal Finally Meet At The US Open? EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
federer - Will Federer and Nadal Finally Meet At The US Open? EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
federer - Will Federer and Nadal Finally Meet At The US Open? EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Will Federer and Nadal Finally Meet At The US Open?

+3
luvsports!
Tenez
legendkillar
7 posters

Go down

Will they?

federer - Will Federer and Nadal Finally Meet At The US Open? Vote_lcap0%federer - Will Federer and Nadal Finally Meet At The US Open? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
federer - Will Federer and Nadal Finally Meet At The US Open? Vote_lcap100%federer - Will Federer and Nadal Finally Meet At The US Open? Vote_rcap 100% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 3

federer - Will Federer and Nadal Finally Meet At The US Open? Empty Will Federer and Nadal Finally Meet At The US Open?

Post by legendkillar Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:55 pm

Rivalries. Always the good bedrock of any sport. Senna/Prost, England/Australia, Ali/Frazier, United/Liverpool to name but a few that have captivated it's audience. The Federer/Nadal rivalry for the most part has been a sore point for Federer fans due to the heavy sided nature of it, but also due to the fact the perceived nature of the rivalry was played on Clay predominantly (though they haven't met on Clay for 4 years! and in that time the last 7 meetings have been on Hard resulting in a 4-3 advantage to Federer). However, both players have experienced some what of a renaissance in 2017 with both capturing the share of the Slams thus far. As both players head towards the autumn of their careers, there has been one significant location in which these players haven't drawn pistols. New York. Now with 2017 being the year of health on the ATP, there is a real likelihood these 2 could finally meet once and for all at the US Open (much to the delight of organisers and sponsors there). Begs the question, will they finally meet at Flushing Meadows? Will these 2 tussling in the US Open Final be a fitting anti-climax to the rivalry?

What are your thoughts on the prospect?

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

federer - Will Federer and Nadal Finally Meet At The US Open? Empty Re: Will Federer and Nadal Finally Meet At The US Open?

Post by Tenez Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:40 pm

Good question. Chance are slimmer than though as both can only meet in final and neither look like they are going to make it.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

federer - Will Federer and Nadal Finally Meet At The US Open? Empty Re: Will Federer and Nadal Finally Meet At The US Open?

Post by luvsports! Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:27 pm

I think this match will never happen unfortunately.
Tenez did you see my PM?

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:55 pm

Yeah, seems not gonna go to Final neither of them, anyway Nadal does not seem injured, he was just overpowered, but sure not at his best I guess.

Lets see if 2 weeks off for Fed helps.

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:08 pm

As far as I'm concerned this USO's Fed's.

I can't imagine Nadal making the final. He and USO just don't mix. 

Fedal has run its course, Nadal is Fed's bunny now.

I also feel Fed is burnt out. Cry He has 't played fresh since AO almost.

But he will make one last push because he has a lion's heart.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Slippy Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:41 pm

Tenez wrote:Good question. Chance are slimmer than though as both can only meet in final and neither look like they are going to make it.
They can meet in the SF I believe (assuming Andy plays) - as Fed has not played Cincy he remains behind Andy in the rankings.

Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:45 am

No. They won't.  Because Nadal is very unlikely to reach SF/F (and it will prob have to be final since I think Murray will be out) - and Federer isn't a dead cert to either. People (I don't mean here) are again refusing to see that Nadal has only won one slam away from RG in 7 years. Just use some logic.... the odds are very slim. Just like the odds of Nadal reaching Wimb final this year were despite the tornado of hype.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down