Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Djokovic's greatest triumph
Today at 3:21 am by Daniel

» Shot clock
Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:10 am by bogbrush

» Men's final prediction
Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:35 am by summerblues

» FIFA World Cup, Russia 2018
Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:27 pm by Daniel

» Castle needs sacking. And so does Becker.
Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:03 pm by legendkillar

» World Cup final croatia vs senegal
Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:43 pm by asperger

» Men's semi final
Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:30 pm by Daniel

» Boys final - Tseng v Draper
Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:22 pm by Slippy

» Screech is back - and not a moment too soon
Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:58 pm by noleisthebest

July 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
      1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031     

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum


King Arthur And His Excalibur

Go down

King Arthur And His Excalibur

Post by noleisthebest on Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:08 pm

My oh my!

Federer knows how to woo!

After naming his AO17 trophy Norman and taking it to a mountain top, he now names his number 8 Wimbledon one to Arthur and takes it out for dinner.



 https://mobile.twitter.com/rogerfederer/status/891422024693760000/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fau.sports.yahoo.com%2Ftennis%2Fa%2F36547474%2Froger-federer-renames-wimbledon-trophy-in-tribute-to-arthur-gore%2F

Is Wimbledon his truest love or what!!!


The man even has a poetic gene in him...oh, I am totally smitten now...heelp! Love Blush

noleisthebest

Posts : 27207
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: King Arthur And His Excalibur

Post by legendkillar on Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:29 pm

"I knight thee forum Woofie"

borg

legendkillar

Posts : 2440
Join date : 2012-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: King Arthur And His Excalibur

Post by noleisthebest on Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:32 pm

It's completely platonic, I promise! Blush

noleisthebest

Posts : 27207
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: King Arthur And His Excalibur

Post by noleisthebest on Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:41 pm

I love this personal "relationship" he is now having with these "late" trophies.

It even made me dream away and imagine where I'd take mine. tongueout

Oh, to be the fly on the wall of his heart and hear the words he shared with Arthur at that dinner...

Cos best things and feelings are unutterable, aren't they!

noleisthebest

Posts : 27207
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: King Arthur And His Excalibur

Post by noleisthebest on Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:43 pm

"..and after dinner he took the trophy to bed!" Laugh


(one comment from b92)

noleisthebest

Posts : 27207
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: King Arthur And His Excalibur

Post by noleisthebest on Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:44 pm

I read recently that Roddick threw all his trophies in the bin when he moved house...

noleisthebest

Posts : 27207
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: King Arthur And His Excalibur

Post by Tenez on Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:47 pm

... wrote:I read recently that Roddick threw all his trophies in the bin when he moved house...
I understand that too.

A nice way to move on.

Tenez

Posts : 19315
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: King Arthur And His Excalibur

Post by noleisthebest on Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:24 am

Tenez wrote:
... wrote:I read recently that Roddick threw all his trophies in the bin when he moved house...
I understand that too.

A nice way to move on.
I bet he did it straight after gettinng rid of his combover.

noleisthebest

Posts : 27207
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: King Arthur And His Excalibur

Post by legendkillar on Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:53 am

... wrote:It's completely platonic, I promise! Blush


Laugh Winking  Woofie would be proud of the love affair.

legendkillar

Posts : 2440
Join date : 2012-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: King Arthur And His Excalibur

Post by legendkillar on Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:03 am

... wrote:I love this personal "relationship" he is now having with these "late" trophies.

It even made me dream away and imagine where I'd take mine. tongueout

Oh, to be the fly on the wall of his heart and hear the words he shared with Arthur at that dinner...

Cos best things and feelings are unutterable, aren't they!


I don't think he'll quoting Shakespeare or Frost anytime soon Winking

I think any sportsman or athlete tries to reflect and experience their success at different stages of their career. In Federer's case that's a lot of experience.

Seeing the old guard have a late flurry of success is always quite heart warming, especially in the case of those who might not have savoured the moment first time round. I always recall Tony Adams when he scored that fourth and final goal vs Everton 1998 at Highbury during Arsenal's surge to the title and that celebration, the closest to spiritualism I have seen in a celebration of vicotry. Given only a year earlier his life and career was seemingly in the toilet. It was like he was finally at one with himself. He said afterwards that he went to a spiritual place for that split second and Martin Tyler's commentary was absolutely bang on "that sums it all up"

legendkillar

Posts : 2440
Join date : 2012-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: King Arthur And His Excalibur

Post by bogbrush on Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:46 pm

legendkillar wrote:
... wrote:It's completely platonic, I promise! Blush


Laugh Winking  Woofie would be proud of the love affair.
Speaking of this level of dedication, I had a chat with Haddie about her husband dying. Very sad circumstances.

bogbrush

Posts : 2255
Join date : 2015-03-30
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: King Arthur And His Excalibur

Post by legendkillar on Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:52 pm

bogbrush wrote:
legendkillar wrote:
... wrote:It's completely platonic, I promise! Blush


Laugh Winking  Woofie would be proud of the love affair.
Speaking of this level of dedication, I had a chat with Haddie about her husband dying. Very sad circumstances.


Sad not going to ask specifics obviously, but I did see she put out there during a debate and I did ask SB to pm her my condolences. I didn't want to registers on the site again and have to perform 10 posts just to activate the pm function. I just hope she herself is ok and obviously hope that everyone on 606V2 is sending their condolences.

legendkillar

Posts : 2440
Join date : 2012-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: King Arthur And His Excalibur

Post by bogbrush on Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:59 am

I've sent you a pm.

bogbrush

Posts : 2255
Join date : 2015-03-30
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: King Arthur And His Excalibur

Post by noleisthebest on Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:52 am

legendkillar wrote:
... wrote:I love this personal "relationship" he is now having with these "late" trophies.
It even made me dream away and imagine where I'd take mine. tongueout
Oh, to be the fly on the wall of his heart and hear the words he shared with Arthur at that dinner...
Cos best things and feelings are unutterable, aren't they!
I don't think he'll quoting Shakespeare or Frost anytime soon Winking
I think any sportsman or athlete tries to reflect and experience their success at different stages of their career. In Federer's case that's a lot of experience.
Seeing the old guard have a late flurry of success is always quite heart warming, especially in the case of those who might not have savoured the moment first time round. I always recall Tony Adams when he scored that fourth and final goal vs Everton 1998 at Highbury during Arsenal's surge to the title and that celebration, the closest to spiritualism I have seen in a celebration of vicotry. Given only a year earlier his life and career was seemingly in the toilet. It was like he was finally at one with himself. He said afterwards that he went to a spiritual place for that split second and Martin Tyler's commentary was absolutely bang on "that sums it all up"
Why would he need to quote Frost or anyone...

It's his moment, his feelings, his poem.

Most poems never leave the heart and bravely excape to paper.

noleisthebest

Posts : 27207
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: King Arthur And His Excalibur

Post by legendkillar on Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:50 am

... wrote:
legendkillar wrote:
... wrote:I love this personal "relationship" he is now having with these "late" trophies.
It even made me dream away and imagine where I'd take mine. tongueout
Oh, to be the fly on the wall of his heart and hear the words he shared with Arthur at that dinner...
Cos best things and feelings are unutterable, aren't they!
I don't think he'll quoting Shakespeare or Frost anytime soon Winking
I think any sportsman or athlete tries to reflect and experience their success at different stages of their career. In Federer's case that's a lot of experience.
Seeing the old guard have a late flurry of success is always quite heart warming, especially in the case of those who might not have savoured the moment first time round. I always recall Tony Adams when he scored that fourth and final goal vs Everton 1998 at Highbury during Arsenal's surge to the title and that celebration, the closest to spiritualism I have seen in a celebration of vicotry. Given only a year earlier his life and career was seemingly in the toilet. It was like he was finally at one with himself. He said afterwards that he went to a spiritual place for that split second and Martin Tyler's commentary was absolutely bang on "that sums it all up"
Why would he need to quote Frost or anyone...

It's his moment, his feelings, his poem.

Most poems never leave the heart and bravely excape to paper.


It was context. Meaning that from my perspective it's not poetic, more of a playful range of emotions coming through.

It is his moment indeed. I can imagine the best kind of success is like surprises. When you don't expect and it happens, must be delightful in big measures.

legendkillar

Posts : 2440
Join date : 2012-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: King Arthur And His Excalibur

Post by Emancipator on Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:19 pm

bogbrush wrote:
legendkillar wrote:
... wrote:It's completely platonic, I promise! Blush


Laugh Winking  Woofie would be proud of the love affair.
Speaking of this level of dedication, I had a chat with Haddie about her husband dying. Very sad circumstances.

If you are in touch please give my condolences. I remember that he'd been unwell for a long time.

Emancipator

Posts : 696
Join date : 2013-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: King Arthur And His Excalibur

Post by bogbrush on Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:52 pm

Will do, told her everyone over here was sad for her.

bogbrush

Posts : 2255
Join date : 2015-03-30
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: King Arthur And His Excalibur

Post by Tenez on Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:57 pm

bogbrush wrote:Will do, told her everyone over here was sad for her.
We are indeed.

Tenez

Posts : 19315
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: King Arthur And His Excalibur

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum