» 10 Years Ago...
Yesterday at 9:16 pm by Tenez

» How strong is Nadal mentally?
Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:54 pm by Tenez

» US OPEN 2017
Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:38 pm by Daniel

» Sharapova announces failed drug test
Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:53 pm by Jahu

» Will Federer and Nadal Finally Meet At The US Open?
Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:45 am by Daniel

» Canadian Masters 1000
Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:27 am by legendkillar

» Another record for Federer coming up?
Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:46 pm by Daniel

» The doping program joke of the ITF!!!
Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:51 pm by legendkillar

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

How long can this go on?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: How long can this go on?

Post by Tenez on Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:56 pm

Again I never said all defeats by fed in slams are attributed to injuries. Far from it as I have always been clear and often mentioned or referred as federer's game as obsolete in the years he was beaten by Djoko and Rafa. You can look at all the slams threads and never used injury as an excuse there.....unless it was obvious.

I have explained the losses by stating fed belonged to a previous generation. I had a feeling fed could beat those guys on faster conds or if he had learnt the game with current tools.

When he loses to guys who are older than Nadal, that's different. I think he has always been H&S above his own generation and there I cannot recall a slam match he lost while on form. Maybe v Safin in AO05 (though he had MP and yet took a MTO) and Guga in 2004. After that he only lost to Nadal the next 3 years if I remember correctly which proves my point.

Regarding Nadal, I am pretty sure Amri thinks that Nadal only lost at the FO when unfit. He might deny that.....but deep down that's how he thinks.

Tenez

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues on Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:34 am

DECIMA wrote:OK, let me ask you something, I know you like Tenez but just answer as you see it: [....followed by a long and silly question....]
I like you both, otherwise I would not be talking to you.

Why would you ever care whether I think your or Tenez's opinions are more reasonable?  What kind of question is that?  Are you suffering from insecurities?  I do not agree with Tenez's statement that a fit Fed never loses but I also do not think that Tenez means it quite like that.  I do not exactly recall your opinions on Rafa's injuries but I seem to remember that I found at least some of those opinions contrived.  Again, does not mean I disagree with everything you say on the topic.

summerblues

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel on Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:31 am

Nevertheless, Summerblues... you did equate them as bad as each other.  And I disagree with that.  Tenez said that Federer doesn't lose while fit (later miraculously changed to "on form" - which doesn't fix anything). Personally, I just wish everyone would quit with injury excuses and "fully fit/on form" nonsense - Accept that no professional is likely to be "at their best" ever. It's a loaded term for fanboys to blame any loss suffered by their favourite millionaire player.

Daniel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top