Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Wimbledon Day 7 (Second Monday) - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Wimbledon Day 7 (Second Monday) - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Wimbledon Day 7 (Second Monday) - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Wimbledon Day 7 (Second Monday) - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Wimbledon Day 7 (Second Monday) - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Wimbledon Day 7 (Second Monday) - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Wimbledon Day 7 (Second Monday) - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Wimbledon Day 7 (Second Monday) - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Wimbledon Day 7 (Second Monday) - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Wimbledon Day 7 (Second Monday)

+8
Daniel
Slippy
N2D2L
bogbrush
Tenez
gallery play
summerblues
noleisthebest
12 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Wimbledon Day 7 (Second Monday) - Page 5 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 7 (Second Monday)

Post by bogbrush Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:20 pm

He was very, very tight. He lost all pop on the shots and was playing almost everything very safe. You could see the tension in his arm.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 7 (Second Monday) - Page 5 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 7 (Second Monday)

Post by Tenez Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:22 pm

Emancipator wrote:Fed takes second set 6-2. Routine stuff. Still not timing the ball that well from what I've seen. Maybe it's the court.
Of course it is. Give me one player who times the ball well.......after the bounce here.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:32 pm

DECIMA wrote:Muller deserved the win there, was the better player.
Nadal was simply not good enough, forehand was poor, and serve went away completely in the 5th.
Once again, Nadal unable to handle pace. Aren't you bored to support a talentless player? Imagine if Muller was able to move like Nadal...what woul be the score? 1 , 1 and 2?

Nadal can only win on dead slow conds where is muscles make all the difference. Put him in front of decent player, with teh whole crowd behind him, he will still lose cause he simply cannot handle pace....like he could not beat a seeded player in teh USO before they introduced bigger ball.

This guys is the worst player amongst the all time greats. Only blind fans will support him.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:41 pm

bogbrush wrote:He was very, very tight. He lost all pop on the shots and was playing almost everything very safe. You could see the tension in his arm.
That's what people, his fans mostly, don't realise. he gets a tight arm, in spite of having the biggest margins on tour (clearance of the net and lines).

Federer today, played amazing sharp, risky shots on crucial points and delivered. But more importantly he won 16 slams with a racquet that gave 0 tolerance on timing playing guys who were hitting with much bigger safer racquets.

This is why I have always claimed federer was by far the mentally strongest player of the last 2 decades. Playing those risky shots having everything to lose has no equal in this game.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:50 pm

Tenez wrote:
Once again, Nadal unable to handle pace. Aren't you bored to support a talentless player?
I think you are getting hyper excited because Nadal has lost a match.
Muller served well today, and lots of Nadal's errors in the final set came when he was doing well in the point, many into out forehands missed when he's in control of the rallies and has had time to move over on his backhand.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:55 pm

yes I was hyper excited that Nadal proved a point once again? How many times did I tell you that Nadal can't handle pace and that his great record in slam is the result of slowing courts down everywhere?
In 2005 he was a FO champion yet coudl not handle Gilles' pace there until they provided even bigger balls at SW18.

A tennis player who has to stand 5m behind teh baseline to return serve cause his eye/hand coordination is too poor, should never be a 15 GS champion.....it's again the principle of the sport. It's like having a marathonien winning a 100m...it s not quite right!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:16 am

Except you've just spent the last week calling this court really slow and like a clay court?

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:29 am

DECIMA wrote:Except you've just spent the last week calling this court really slow and like a clay court?
yes and it is slow-ish conds but Gilles is a big guy, hits flat with a heavy racquet....making the court look faster than what it is.

But I also said that it woudl be very easy for the groundsmen to speed the courts. Water them a bit and cut the grass a bit longer than 8mm....

Not sure what they did on Sunday but you , like everybody else, saw that Nadal had less time to whack the ball. Watch nadal v Khacha and look how much slower it was then.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:37 am

DECIMA wrote:Except you've just spent the last week calling this court really slow and like a clay court?

he's actually now claiming that Muller makes the courts look fast.  That's the get out clause this time. Muller played well, but the surface helped.  Muller on clay may as well have been the yoghurt pot playing.  It would be the same result.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:54 am

Tenez wrote:
yes and it is slow-ish conds
making the court look faster than what it is.
it woudl be very easy for the groundsmen to speed the courts.
I hope for your sake you don't suffer from vertigo, you'd be feeling very dizzy- Never has there been so many U-turns in so few words.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:56 am

Fifth 5-setter loss at slams for Rafa in less than 2 years...
USO 2015 Fognini
AO 2016 Verdasco
USO 2016 Pouille 
AO 2017 Federer
Wimbledon 2017 Muller.

From google search.  He ain't outlasting opponents in his 30s, is he?

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:35 am

I am now going to sit back, relax, and watch the final set from somewhere around 4:4.  Would be more thrilling if I did not know the result, but should be enjoyable anyway. smiley

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:35 am

Very bizarre serve stats between Nadal and Muller.

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/scores/stats/1403ms.html

It appears as if they have the same serve! When clearly one was doing more damage than the other.

I have an explanation for it.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:47 am

Well, maybe Muller is not as good a returner as Nadal.

Acing Federer is not the same as acing Muller, it? Winking

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:54 am

No but the fact that Muller and Nadal hit serves at the same pace roughly is difficult to imagine when we saw one was keeping pace more than the other.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:04 am

So to start with serve's speed is clocked right after the ball leaves the racquet so looks like Nadal's spinny balls, especially, with those large balls slow down consderably by the time they cross the court.
Also because Nadal spins his serve much more he loses accuracy over safety.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:32 am

Yes, and that showed even in their groundstrokes.

Muller s energy low/efficient well placed shots vs Nadal's sweaty effort...no wonder he was exhausted in the end...and part of that exhaustion was psychological.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:09 pm

Dramatic day of tennis yesterday. Tournament certainly needed shaking out of what seemed a coma. No buzz around the tournament and suddenly a few results has re-ignited interest.

Have to say disappointed with the organisers for not shifting Djokovic's match. Especially when on Twitter reading how CC was prepped for play. Entitled to have a gripe about that. Certain had that been Murray, it would've been moved.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:39 am

I watched the last 90 minutes or so of the final set yesterday.  It was entertaining even knowing how it would end.  Muller deserved it - he did look a little bit better than Rafa for most of that set.

One thing that struck me as very unusual was Rafa's body language.  It was plain obvious that he hated being there, deep in the fifth.  I do not remember seeing him with such negative body language in long matches before.  If anything, he always exuded confidence and enthusiasm as if playing tail end of the fifth set was the most joyous thing he could think of.  But not yesterday, he looked awfully anxious and unhappy.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:31 am

I think he may have been realizing that his chances of winning the tournament were gone.  Even if he went through, recovery to beat Cilic wasn't really realistic and he knew it.  But he was definitely still trying - with all the fist pumping and nonsense to get the crowd to save his bacon - which really annoyed me.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5