Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Wimbledon - Wimbledon Day 1 - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Wimbledon - Wimbledon Day 1 - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Wimbledon - Wimbledon Day 1 - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Wimbledon - Wimbledon Day 1 - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Wimbledon - Wimbledon Day 1 - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Wimbledon - Wimbledon Day 1 - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Wimbledon - Wimbledon Day 1 - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Wimbledon - Wimbledon Day 1 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Wimbledon - Wimbledon Day 1 - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Wimbledon Day 1

+7
noleisthebest
Veejay
Daniel
bogbrush
gallery play
luvsports!
Tenez
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Wimbledon - Wimbledon Day 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 1

Post by Tenez Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:19 pm

yes Nadal is very impressive on the BH....he has the power to make those balls look fast.

I don;t know how some can doubt he has not progressed....look how closer he stands now.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:19 pm

Tenez wrote:You can tell the balls are huge when you see how the players handles them before serving. They are like balloons.

But more importantly how they drag down towards the baseline.
I think they use the same balls at Boodles.
They got very, verry fluffy quickly.

Why do they make them like that...

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:20 pm

Tenez wrote:yes Nadal is very impressive on the BH....he has the power to make those balls look fast.

I don;t know how some can doubt he has not progressed....look how closer he stands now.
Yes, but he is still only reacting, even against this idiot.

Mind you I stopped watching after one game.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:30 pm

Looking at the conditions, I feel federer woudl have had more chance at the FO!
Poor miscalculation from Federer! Laugh

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:56 pm

Nadal v Djoko final?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Emancipator Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:15 pm

The balls do look massive.

Having said that I enjoyed watching Rafa play today. He's clearly trying to shorten the points and be aggressive. He was belting the ball today. His net play looked solid as usual. Some of his slices were deadly and that drop shot was ridiculous. Obviously the opponent wasn't up to match and it remains to be seen how he fares when he's rushed on the baseline but overall looking more comfortable on the grass than he has for a long time.

Emancipator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:24 pm

Khasha is the one who is going to tell us. He also has the fire power to make the court look fast...and plant the seeds of doubt in Rafa's mind.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:20 pm

Yeah, Nadal who has done nothing on grass for over 4 years and Djok who has been severely off the boil and hasn't been in a slam final this year.  Possible, but very unlikely.It must be great to just imagine reality.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:34 pm

Daniel wrote:Yeah, Nadal who has done nothing on grass for over 4 years and Djok who has been severely off the boil and hasn't been in a slam final this year.  Possible, but very unlikely.It must be great to just imagine reality.
you can always say they had a ridiculous easy draw if they do make the final, right?

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:40 pm

wawrinka upset on the cards?
looks to still be struggling with that knee injury,if he somehow makes it through this match,i dont think that he will go deep into the tournament 
nadal looked like a serious threat to murray today,if they meet in the semi finals murray could be moonballed off the court

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:44 pm

Murray won't get to the semi. he is seriously injured too.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:47 pm

well it looks like its game over for wawrinka,it will take something very special from him to turn this match around

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:48 pm

Stan looks very uncomfortable on grass, even by his standard. He did play some fine matches in the past on grass but those days are over it seems.

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:48 pm

gallery play wrote:
Daniel wrote:Yeah, Nadal who has done nothing on grass for over 4 years and Djok who has been severely off the boil and hasn't been in a slam final this year.  Possible, but very unlikely.It must be great to just imagine reality.
you can always say they had a ridiculous easy draw if they do make the final, right?

Djok has an easy draw. Nadal has a very very easy draw. That's a matter of fact.  If they do make the final, the easy draw is obviously a major component of it.  That's reality, not excuses. I still don't expect it to happen [as in both of them in the final] and don't think it will happen (there's your fucking answer), because it's still ridiculously unlikely - even with Nadal's piss easy draw.  Your problem is you ignore reality. Easy draws are a massive part* of winning tournaments in every sport. To my mind, it seems to be one of those realities that fans and players alike ignore. And it's tiresome.

*quite a lot of times.  Yeah, I have to add that so I don't get semantic whingers.

Do you think Nadal would hold up well against the opponent Wawrinka has? Or Dolgopolov? Or Brown?  Or Dimitrov? Or Raonic?  He's avoided practically every good player early on.  Fed has not. That's reality. It doesn't mean that it guarantees anything, but on average, it will change things a lot.

Last edited by Daniel on Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:56 pm; edited 4 times in total

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:53 pm

well thats it for wawrinka..didnt much help brining annacone onto his team
so disappointing, a shot maker like that should do much better on grass

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:55 pm

Wawrinka never does well on grass.  Why everyone keeps thinking that he's a favourite for grass tournaments is the same demented reasoning as seeing Nadal as a favourite these days on grass.  Things change.  Wawrinka's backhand especially is piss poor with low fast balls.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:57 pm

Medvedev, 6'6" scores only 10 aces on a 4 setter versus a limping Stan. Just shows how slow the conds are.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:58 pm

gallery play wrote:Stan looks very uncomfortable on grass, even by his standard. He did play some fine matches in the past on grass but those days are over it seems.
Well he was injured so difficult to gauge.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:59 pm

Tenez screwed this up for Stan, total jinx he is.

Sir Andy seems to have a quality sperm, fertilized wife again, expecting second baby, son I hope with blue blood.

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:00 pm

Tenez wrote:Medvedev, 6'6" scores only 10 aces on a 4 setter versus a limping Stan. Just shows how slow the conds are.

I love how you twist facts to fit your agenda.  He beat Stan. Not a limping Stan.  That's the first correction.  Second is that not everyone who is tall bangs in aces.  The greatest server of all time was Sampras. And he isn't 6 feet 6.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:01 pm

Daniel wrote:... Your problem is you ignore reality.....
That's a funny one from you.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:02 pm

On Nadal: he's actually even better than we saw today. He played at 70% (hardly any grunts), took the match as a practice session. You can imagine how it will be once he turns into HE-man mode..
I'm afraid Khacha is too much a rallying player, he's principally a clay  courter after all.

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:03 pm

Daniel wrote:
Tenez wrote:Medvedev, 6'6" scores only 10 aces on a 4 setter versus a limping Stan. Just shows how slow the conds are.

I love how you twist facts to fit your agenda.  He beat Stan. Not a limping Stan.  That's the first correction.  Second is that not everyone who is tall bangs in aces.  The greatest server of all time was Sampras. And he isn't 6 feet 6.
He was injured. Fact. don't ignore reality! (apply your own comments) and on Sampras serve.....you really are stuck in the past!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:06 pm

gallery play wrote:On Nadal: he's actually even better than we saw today. He played at 70% (hardly any grunts), took the match as a practice session. You can imagine how it will be once he turns into HE-man mode..
I'm afraid Khacha is too much a rallying player, he's principally a clay  courter after all.
Khasha serve will be more potent on grass....even on that slow grass...and teh courts do play like clay so Khasha may find it to its taste, though I agree it will advantage Nadal.

However I also think Nadal will get through due to more confidence from Nadal.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:09 pm

Daniel wrote:
I still don't expect it to happen [as in both of them in the final] and don't think it will happen (there's your fucking answer), because it's still ridiculously unlikely - even with Nadal's piss easy draw. 
If it's ridiculously unlikely for Nadal to get to the final, then why are you keep on wanking about his draw?!

You either do or don't think he'll get to the final.

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:21 pm

Stand up boys and tip your hat to Miss Ostapenko. 
She has just bagelled her opponent in the first set. Bubbly

As for Nadal etc...

Que serra, serra....musicalnote

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Emancipator Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:31 pm

Surely Ivo being so highly ranked is evidence of the weakness of the tour?

Emancipator

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:34 pm

Emancipator wrote:Surely Ivo being so highly ranked is evidence of the weakness of the tour?
he was also seeded by wimbledon  erm

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:36 pm

Emancipator wrote:Surely Ivo being so highly ranked is evidence of the weakness of the tour?
Why? What's wrong with Ivo?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Emancipator Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:42 pm

Tenez wrote:
What's right with him?

Emancipator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:47 pm

Emancipator wrote:
Tenez wrote:
What's right with him?
Best serve ever! One single HB, chip and charge. You should appreciate variety of styles in tennis. Imagine if they were all playing like Nadal or Djoko...you'd beg to have a Karlo!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Emancipator Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:06 pm

Tenez wrote:
Emancipator wrote:
Tenez wrote:
What's right with him?
Best serve ever! One single HB, chip and charge. You should appreciate variety of styles in tennis. Imagine if they were all playing like Nadal or Djoko...you'd beg to have a Karlo!

I like the variety and I also liked the fact that he was S&V even on 2nd serves but my point is that he is clearly not as mobile as he used to be or as fit probably and yet he's still there - a top 32 seed at W.

Such a limited 38 year old (and he is limited) would not have been ranked so highly if there was a stronger field.

Emancipator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:11 pm

Wel he just got beaten by Bedene...who really struggled to put him away so maybe he is better than he looks. He might be slower than before though he was never a fast player but he may be better at anticipating and have a better timing, more experience and know how. Why are the top doubles players so old? They make Ivo look a spring chicken.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:57 am

I looked at a couple of games in Nadal match but cannot really tell much from it. Millman was abysmal and Rafa did not have to get out of second gear. Khachanov, or maybe even Young, should give us a better indication of how Rafa is looking.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:51 am

Tenez wrote:Yes I had a feeling about him. Check my OP.

Khasha as well. No because I'd typically expect him to lose v Kuztenev but because he is in Rapha's draw and we know his luck and how his draws clear up as he advances.

And it's not just draws, it's all the many other "lucky" circumstances (eg Nole net touching, playing in the dark in Wimbledon 2008 final etc).

I never thought it had anything to do with luck but all with satanic rituals he must be linked with through catholic lobby which is strong in Spain.
I don't envy him at all. What a "future" he's got ahead of him...

Life is not a 100m race.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:33 pm

... wrote:
I never thought it had anything to do with luck but all with satanic rituals he must be linked with through catholic lobby which is strong in Spain.
Yeah, good point.
Thoughts on this Tenez?

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:37 pm

I fully agree. Though Federer may be doing the rain dance to bring clouds and rain to make the courts more slippery for the RRunners as he calls them. He is no angel either.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:42 pm

Tenez wrote:
Emancipator wrote:
Tenez wrote:
What's right with him?

Best serve ever?  Lol.  His serve is nothing compared to Federer or Sampras or Roddick or Kyrgios, you know why?  Because he can't follow up with a good put away if it gets returned, and it goes walkies in tie breaks.  Have a look at how many matches he's lost in tie breaks... the very time his serve should count the most.  He's utterly useless.  A big, dorky bottler. Also, his serve is largely the result of his height.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:23 pm

Embarassing Daniel. We are talking about the serve. Not what comes after or before the serve, otherwise you may want to consider nadal's serve as one the greatest in teh History.

Be serious. Karlo has, according to your guy Roddick, the biggest weapon in tennis ever!!!! all shots considered. He has over 12000 aces in his career and imagine how many winning serves that touched the racquet or were unreturned?

And you dare to mix him with Pete and Roddick ? Imagine if Pete was to serve with those big new balls from Wimby? In fact he did and lost to George Bastl in 2002's first round....as soon as they were introduced. . And don't tell me it;s because he was old....cause he won 2 months later at teh USO with faster conds.

Only you would come with such weird comments.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:51 pm

Consistency is the most important thing in a serve.  It's embarrassing you don't know that.  A few weeks back, my doubles partner in our matches was the "best server" at our club, but because his consistency is all over the place from day to day, he blew it for me.  I lost 2 service games that day. He lost I think 8 (he won 2).  Best server means nothing if you double fault all the time, or can't make serves at crucial moments.  That's Karlovic.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2