Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
federer - Federer Definitely Has Stocholm Syndrome! EmptySat Mar 16, 2024 8:25 am by Daniel2

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
federer - Federer Definitely Has Stocholm Syndrome! EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
federer - Federer Definitely Has Stocholm Syndrome! EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
federer - Federer Definitely Has Stocholm Syndrome! EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
federer - Federer Definitely Has Stocholm Syndrome! EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
federer - Federer Definitely Has Stocholm Syndrome! EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
federer - Federer Definitely Has Stocholm Syndrome! EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
federer - Federer Definitely Has Stocholm Syndrome! EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
federer - Federer Definitely Has Stocholm Syndrome! EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Federer Definitely Has Stocholm Syndrome!

+4
gallery play
summerblues
Tenez
noleisthebest
8 posters

Go down

federer - Federer Definitely Has Stocholm Syndrome! Empty Federer Definitely Has Stocholm Syndrome!

Post by noleisthebest Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:14 pm

"I could not have defeated Nadal on Sunday, not in this condition," Federer said at his pre-event press conference in Stuttgart. "I already said he would ‘destroy’ the clay season."

federer - Federer Definitely Has Stocholm Syndrome! Ept_sports_ten_experts-56347505-1293028571

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

federer - Federer Definitely Has Stocholm Syndrome! Empty Re: Federer Definitely Has Stocholm Syndrome!

Post by Veejay Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:22 pm

he is just smart enough to know that it would be stupid to not give nadal credit and praise for winning the tournament,the backlash simply wouldnt be worth the while saying anything else 
im sure being the competitor that he is,that deep down inside him, he would have loved the challenge and like australia would have "laid it all out"

Veejay

Back to top Go down

federer - Federer Definitely Has Stocholm Syndrome! Empty Re: Federer Definitely Has Stocholm Syndrome!

Post by noleisthebest Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:25 pm

He is not smart, he has a complex of inferiority.

Man, I wouldn't say anything like that if they were pulling my nails out.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:27 pm

Veejay wrote:he is just smart enough to know that it would be stupid to not give nadal credit and praise for winning the tournament,the backlash simply wouldnt be worth the while saying anything else 
yes good point.

im sure being the competitor that he is,that deep down inside him, he would have loved the challenge and like australia would have "laid it all out"
Well...That is what I thought but he did not take it on. I am disappointed....at least he could have tried a TMS 1000.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:28 pm

... wrote:He is not smart, he has a complex of inferiority.

Nah...he has 18 slams and feels so superior that he can even afford to say things like that. He has nothing to prove and why he can throw a bone to Nadal every now and then.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:31 pm

he is just giving credit where credit is due
does nadal also have an inferiority complex or stockholmes syndrome every time he calls federer the greatest,even when he was winning almost every one of thier matches while he was world no1?
what about all the times nadal praised djokovic saying he has never seen a anyone play at such a level after losing to him?
they all have to say these things so that the public can feel good about it and can say " oh so gracious in defeat" cause anything else would have the public and media say "sour grapes sore loser" 
it doesnt automatically mean that they really mean what they are saying or that they actually believe it 
they are just saying it

Last edited by Veejay on Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:32 pm

Tenez wrote:

Nah...he has 18 slams and feels so superior that he can even afford to say things like that. He has nothing to prove and why he can throw a bone to Nadal every now and then.

Well, that's how you and I think, but he clearly doesn't.

This is not the first time he's been over the top and all over Nadal like a rash.

I can't stand it,

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:34 pm

Veejay wrote:

does nadal also have an inferiority complex or stockholmes syndrome every time he calls federer the greatest,even when he was winning almost every one of thier matches while e was world no1
what about all the times nadal praised djokovic saying he has never seen a anyone play at such a level after losing to him
they all have to say these things so that the public can feel good about it and can say " oh so gracious in defeat" cause anything else would the public and media say "sour grapes sore loser" 
doesnt automatically mean that they really mean what they are saying or that they believe it 
they are just saying it
You cannot be serious!

A guy who is dripping from dope and Federer knows it better than anyone else.

Come on!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:42 pm

... wrote:
Veejay wrote:

does nadal also have an inferiority complex or stockholmes syndrome every time he calls federer the greatest,even when he was winning almost every one of thier matches while e was world no1
what about all the times nadal praised djokovic saying he has never seen a anyone play at such a level after losing to him
they all have to say these things so that the public can feel good about it and can say " oh so gracious in defeat" cause anything else would the public and media say "sour grapes sore loser" 
doesnt automatically mean that they really mean what they are saying or that they believe it 
they are just saying it
You cannot be serious!

A guy who is dripping from dope and Federer knows it better than anyone else.

Come on!
not literally he is just giving him some praise,its all just pr cant you understand that? 
which player in their right mind would try to piss all over nadals parade after his victory
how do you think that would come across?
they all exaggerate their praise form time to time to make themselves look good,humble and down to earth when the truth is most of them have an ego
let nadal enjoy all the praise and adoration,it will be so much sweeter when federer beats him ( thats what federer is really thinking)  Winking

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:47 pm

Veejay wrote:

not literally he is just giving him some praise,its all just pr cant you understand that? 
which player in their right mind would try to piss all over nadals parade after his victory
how do you think that would come across?

Naaaah...

The way he is over the top gives it away, that's what irks me.

No other player had such an urge. A private text would've sufficed.

That's Federer's blind spot.

Or a weak spot.

I don't get it....My style is same as Nole's of 2006: You don't have to play anything special to beat Nadal, he is beatable.

None of this sucking up

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:55 pm

ok well i hope that it doesnt keep you awake tonight
federer has beaten nadal 3 straight times this year,i would find it hard to believe that he would believe that he honestly doesnt stand a chance (even if he really didnt stand a chance)

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:03 am

The way I see it, every time  he worships Nadal in public like that, he condones of all Nadal stands for.

I know nobody cares about it in this glorious "decimal" moment in space and time... but it is important, very important.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:11 am

have you ever said something that you didnt even mean?
have you ever given a compliment that you didnt really mean?
have you never heaped praise on someone that you didnt 100% mean or even believe?
trust me it would have been far worse had he said nothing...
in the age of social media and twitter,someone in the public eye is expected to say something
this is just pr he isnt condoning anything 
its an over exaggerated "well done" thats all nothing more nothing less

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:13 am

Another thing that sucks is all this prearranged memorabilia for Nadal's 10th RG...

Imagine if Stan actually won...what would have they done with that pre-decorated podium?

As Agassi said last week, Federer's AO17 is bigger than Nadal's 10 RGs.

And so is Nole's all 4 slams.

But where was all the razammataz last year?

It's odd.

No wonder the guy cracked after all he's seen and heard behind the curtains...

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:28 am

But I suppose I expect too much from Federer...after all he is only a tennis player, however wonderful.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:00 am

Veejay wrote:have you ever said something that you didnt even mean?
have you never heaped praise on someone that you didnt 100% mean or even believe?
in the age of social media and twitter,someone in the public eye is expected to say something
Perhaps Federer was OTT for PR reasons, but I do think he meant it to quite an extent.

If you remember, even before the clay season started, he was using very strong language to say Nadal would win the clay events, saying Nadal would 'tear up' the clay season. At that time of course Nadal was favourite for the clay season, but Djokovic, Murray, and Stan were all contenders. He could have said 'Rafa is favourite but will have a stern challenge from the other members of top 5', but didn't. So to use the language Federer used, even before the clay season had started, showed he had some foresight into how the clay season was gonna go- and he (with the exception of Rome QF), was proved right.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:03 am

He may or may not mean it but it is a good thing to say.

First, it is good PR, and they all go for PR.

But, second, it is also good psychologically.  Over the years, Rafa was always the one playing down his chances, even calling Fed the favorite before their RG matches where it was obvious that Rafa was the favorite, and Fed was silly enough to go with it.  That just put extra pressure on him.

He himself was saying it helped him at AO that he was able to play without the pressure and with less expectations.  Now that he had beaten Rafa three times this year what better way to shift the pressure on Rafa than to suggest that he could not beat him at the level Rafa was playing.  He should go further and say that at this level Rafa is Wimbledon main favorite for him.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:06 am

summerblues wrote:He may or may not mean it but it is a good thing to say.

First, it is good PR, and they all go for PR.

But, second, it is also good psychologically.  Over the years, Rafa was always the one playing down his chances, even calling Fed the favorite before their RG matches where it was obvious that Rafa was the favorite, and Fed was silly enough to go with it.  That just put extra pressure on him.

He himself was saying it helped him at AO that he was able to play without the pressure and with less expectations.  Now that he had beaten Rafa three times this year what better way to shift the pressure on Rafa than to suggest that he could not beat him at the level Rafa was playing.  He should go further and say that at this level Rafa is Wimbledon main favorite for him.
Laugh
hopefully that exactly what he will do cause nadal clearly doesnt like being called the favourite and generally doesnt handle the pressure of expectation well,especially outside of clay

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:16 am

DECIMA wrote:
Veejay wrote:have you ever said something that you didnt even mean?
Perhaps Federer was OTT for PR reasons, but I do think he meant it to quite an extent.

If you remember, even before the clay season started, he was using very strong language to say Nadal would win the clay events, saying Nadal would 'tear up' the clay season. At that time of course Nadal was favourite for the clay season, but Djokovic, Murray, and Stan were all contenders. He could have said 'Rafa is favourite but will have a stern challenge from the other members of top 5', but didn't. So to use the language Federer used, even before the clay season had started, showed he had some foresight into how the clay season was gonna go- and he (with the exception of Rome QF), was proved right.
i agree,i do think that federers intention was to genuinely congratulate him,they do seem to be genuine friends  on tour and clearly seem to like and respect each other a lot,but he did do it in an overhyped,exaggerated sort of way
i also think that its a lot easier for roger to say these things as an outsider looking in,but it would have been much harder to admit defeat in that manner if he was the one who suffered the defeat 
it was pretty obvious that nadal was the clear favourite going into the clay season,he had been the no 2 player at the time and murray and djokovic were clearly dealing with injuries and mental demons 
besides praising nadal and building him up makes his 3 straight wins over nadal this season look that much greater 
i thinkt that NITB is reading into it too much

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:23 am

... wrote:Another thing that sucks is all this prearranged memorabilia for Nadal's 10th RG...

Imagine if Stan actually won...what would have they done with that pre-decorated podium?

As Agassi said last week, Federer's AO17 is bigger than Nadal's 10 RGs.

And so is Nole's all 4 slams.

But where was all the razammataz last year?

It's odd.

No wonder the guy cracked after all he's seen and heard behind the curtains...
a bit like the celebration the clinton campaign had lined up on election night
i think it was pretty obviously that neither stan or anyone else was going to be a party pooper but even if they did spoil the party,it always better to be prepared if things do go your way 
djokovic doesnt endorse nike so you dont see the "glitz and glamour" listing titles on their clothing brands like you do with williams sharapova and nadal
i personally think its tacky,you dont need to rub it in everyones faces but credit to nike for using the opportunity to sell their brand in a unique way

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:08 am

summerblues wrote:But, second, it is also good psychologically.  Over the years, Rafa was always the one playing down his chances, even calling Fed the favorite before their RG matches where it was obvious that Rafa was the favorite, and Fed was silly enough to go with it.  That just put extra pressure on him.
This is how i see it too.

Ater his semi at the AO, it was the first time he was completely honest about playing against Nadal: "Yes, Dimi would be a better opponant for me in the final", "I played him too often on clay, early on my career". That's honest, just admit he's a terrible opponant.  He used to bluff by saying he likes to play against Nadal. That was simply bullsh!t. Of course he doesn't like it, he hardly ever plays his best tennis against Nadal. By saying it flat out, he took away some of NAdal's ammunition. Like revealing the secret someone's blackmailing you with.

And What happened? Fed played freely ever since that interview at the AO .

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:23 am

Veejay wrote:

i agree,i do think that federers intention was to genuinely congratulate him,they do seem to be genuine friends  on tour and clearly seem to like and respect each other a lot,but he did do it in an overhyped,exaggerated sort of way
i also think that its a lot easier for roger to say these things as an outsider looking in,but it would have been much harder to admit defeat in that manner if he was the one who suffered the defeat 
it was pretty obvious that nadal was the clear favourite going into the clay season,he had been the no 2 player at the time and murray and djokovic were clearly dealing with injuries and mental demons 
besides praising nadal and building him up makes his 3 straight wins over nadal this season look that much greater 
i thinkt that NITB is reading into it too much
True, but I think the fact he used the wording he did showed he genuinely thought Rafa would dominate the clay season. He could have even said 'Rafa heads in as favourite', but he said 'Rafa will tear up the clay season'.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:40 pm

well he turned out to be right didnt he? 
he was just giving his honest opinion
he could obviously tell where nadals game was while playing him and how that would translate onto clay 
i still think that roger would have fancied his chances against nadal at RG if he was playing,because he is the type of person who likes a challenge and always seems to want to prove something 
his decision to skip the whole clay season is clearly all about the longevity of his career,had he been a few years younger i think he would certainly have tried to give it another shot

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:38 pm

Tenez wrote:

His comments are typical of a very secure personality. It's when you're unsure that you run other people's achievements down.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:57 pm

bogbrush wrote:
Tenez wrote:

His comments are typical of a very secure personality. It's when you're unsure that you run other people's achievements down.
its definitely a sign of insecurity and feeling intimidated,not to mention jealousy 
roger doent need to tear anyone down to build himself up

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:15 am

Federer isn't a Federer fanboy - which is why he, correctly, predicted that Nadal would do so well on clay.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum