Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
federer - Agassi: Federer's AO 17 Bigger than All Nadal's RGs EmptySat Mar 16, 2024 8:25 am by Daniel2

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
federer - Agassi: Federer's AO 17 Bigger than All Nadal's RGs EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
federer - Agassi: Federer's AO 17 Bigger than All Nadal's RGs EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
federer - Agassi: Federer's AO 17 Bigger than All Nadal's RGs EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
federer - Agassi: Federer's AO 17 Bigger than All Nadal's RGs EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
federer - Agassi: Federer's AO 17 Bigger than All Nadal's RGs EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
federer - Agassi: Federer's AO 17 Bigger than All Nadal's RGs EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
federer - Agassi: Federer's AO 17 Bigger than All Nadal's RGs EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
federer - Agassi: Federer's AO 17 Bigger than All Nadal's RGs EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Agassi: Federer's AO 17 Bigger than All Nadal's RGs

4 posters

Go down

federer - Agassi: Federer's AO 17 Bigger than All Nadal's RGs Empty Agassi: Federer's AO 17 Bigger than All Nadal's RGs

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:25 am

"This is one of those scenarios where the statistics alone put Nadal's French Open achievements into perspective.
To win the French Open once is a herculean performance - he's trying to win it for a 10th time. It's just remarkable. I think the harder thing to put into perspective is what Federer accomplished in Australia.
I mean six months away from the game, the competition and at his age (35) and he goes out there and wins the way he did with multiple five-setters.

That’s a little bit harder to tangibleise (sic) but winning 10 times - winning nine times, forget about 10 times - all you have to do is write that down on a piece of paper.

“It puts into perspective.”

Bubbly

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

federer - Agassi: Federer's AO 17 Bigger than All Nadal's RGs Empty Re: Agassi: Federer's AO 17 Bigger than All Nadal's RGs

Post by gallery play Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:51 am

Yes, and he did it against his worst nightmare..

Actually: Raf's 10th RG title shows how one-sided his records actually are. If he wins RG, 10 out of 15 slams are clay titles (67%). And that's 10 times out of 13 tries (77%). On non clay that 'll be about 5 wins out of 50 tries (10%). 
The guy is the greatest on clay, but i bet quite a few players have better records off clay

gallery play

Back to top Go down

federer - Agassi: Federer's AO 17 Bigger than All Nadal's RGs Empty Re: Agassi: Federer's AO 17 Bigger than All Nadal's RGs

Post by Veejay Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:36 am

... wrote:"This is one of those scenarios where the statistics alone put Nadal's French Open achievements into perspective.
To win the French Open once is a herculean performance - he's trying to win it for a 10th time. It's just remarkable. I think the harder thing to put into perspective is what Federer accomplished in Australia.
I mean six months away from the game, the competition and at his age (35) and he goes out there and wins the way he did with multiple five-setters.

That’s a little bit harder to tangibleise (sic) but winning 10 times - winning nine times, forget about 10 times - all you have to do is write that down on a piece of paper.

“It puts into perspective.”

Bubbly
in fairness rafael nadal has come back from time off tour and injuries to win multiple grand slams consecutively although not at the same age
the advantage rafael nadal has on clay is that the depth in field is much tighter on grass and the hard court then it has been on clay for at least the last decade
there are far more players able to cause an upset on those surfaces then there are on clay
even the natural clay court players like nicolas almagro have failed to show an ability to dominate the surface and make it deep into tournaments 
this to me indicates that the field on clay is quite weak and could be the reason why nadal has been able to dominate for so long
his biggest rival for most of it was federer who he matches up really well against
how many more wimbledon,us open or AO titles could federer have won if the field was as weak on those surfaces as it has been on clay? i think a lot more

Last edited by Veejay on Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:41 am

Well i think more importantly we have bear in mind that the other 5 slams of Nadal have all been down in slowed down cnditions to facilitate his effort.
Could not beat a seeded player until the USO started to provide bigger balls.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down