Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

davis  GOAT  

Latest topics
» World Tour Finals 2017
Today at 2:14 pm by Daniel

» This Is What A Feminist Looks Like
Today at 11:20 am by DECIMA

» Jana Novotna Passes Away
Today at 9:21 am by bogbrush

» Any rugby fans?
Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:45 pm by Tenez

» Nadal whines over surface match ups with Federer in 2017
Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:41 pm by Jahu

» The doping program joke of the ITF!!!
Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:51 am by legendkillar

» Anyone want to swap a day ticket on Monday for Sunday??
Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:33 am by Tenez

» So what's your projections for 2018?
Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:26 am by summerblues

» Race to London
Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:27 am by Tenez

November 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
  12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27282930   

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum


French Open prediction game: Day 9

View previous topic View next topic Go down

French Open prediction game: Day 9

Post by luvsports! on Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:08 am

Carla Suarez Navarro [21] vs.Simona Halep [3]
Andy Murray [1] vs.Karen Khachanov (33)
Stan Wawrinka  [3] vs.Gael Monfils  [15]

Caroline Garcia [28] vs.Alizé Cornet (33)
Elina Svitolina [5] vs.Petra Martic (33)
Fernando Verdasco (33) vs.Kei Nishikori  [8]
Kevin Anderson (33) vs.Marin Cilic [7]
Veronica Cepede Royg (33) vs.Karolina Pliskova [2)


A joker for men and women.

luvsports!

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: French Open prediction game: Day 9

Post by luvsports! on Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:24 am

Navarro, Karen, Stan, Garcia (joker), Martic, Nando (joker), Anderson, Royg.

luvsports!

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: French Open prediction game: Day 9

Post by Jahu on Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:24 pm

Good match Stan/Mon, Stan 2 sets up.

Jahu

Posts : 2049
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: French Open prediction game: Day 9

Post by Veejay on Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:39 pm

nick just said that 8 of the last 16 in the mens draw are 30 + years old
thats 50 % a new record in the open era apparently 
thats pretty incredible longevity and most of them are waaayy fitter then their rivals
cant make up my mind is its bizarre or amazing

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: French Open prediction game: Day 9

Post by Daniel on Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:38 pm

So, yet again, Nadal escapes the tougher matches.  Everyone is facing a good top 10 opponent in their QF except Nadal....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_French_Open_%E2%80%93_Men%27s_Singles

What a total mismatch.  He always seems to get away with it.  You never know, upsets do happen.  But not very likely is it.  Nadal has faced only a rank 17 and a rank 20 on the way to SF.

Daniel

Posts : 3129
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: French Open prediction game: Day 9

Post by Jahu on Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:44 pm

He is the King of Clay, he makes his own rules  Laugh

Jahu

Posts : 2049
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: French Open prediction game: Day 9

Post by Jahu on Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:45 pm

Btw lets hope Thiem can put to rest that Chokovic.

Jahu

Posts : 2049
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: French Open prediction game: Day 9

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark on Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:21 am

Daniel wrote:So, yet again, Nadal escapes the tougher matches.  Everyone is facing a good top 10 opponent in their QF except Nadal....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_French_Open_%E2%80%93_Men%27s_Singles

What a total mismatch.  He always seems to get away with it.  You never know, upsets do happen.  But not very likely is it.  Nadal has faced only a rank 17 and a rank 20 on the way to SF.

You think Raonic(5) on clay is a tougher opponent compared to Busta? Raonic in all their h2h has been pathetic against Nadal and I don't see how he would have done any better.

Players are like Nadal and Djokovic who are excellent movers are a nightmare to Raonic. His serves too fail to fire.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Posts : 2849
Join date : 2012-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: French Open prediction game: Day 9

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark on Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:44 am

Veejay wrote:nick just said that 8 of the last 16 in the mens draw are 30 + years old
thats 50 % a new record in the open era apparently 
thats pretty incredible longevity and most of them are waaayy fitter then their rivals
cant make up my mind is its bizarre or amazing

In my opinion, neither. Its regular modern sports now. Athletes are more fitter, they have better resources to stay that way. They are more professional in their overall conduct and do anything it takes to succeed and stay at top. They are chasing records and fame and this is a huge driving force to keep going. Their mindset is  different from the players of older generation. They want to win all and keep doing it day in day out. They have changed priorities. This includes women too. 10-15 years ago you wouldn't see women playing tennis into their 30s. They would rather retire and have kids. 

 Now they are players at 35 and have no desire to stop either. Steffie Graf got 22 slams and retired by 30 and took over family. We have Serena here, who kept on even over 35 until she chased down that record. And her answer to the questions of retirement is 'never'.

Players of older gen couldn't keep that steam into their 30s, the amount of effort it takes to stay at top takes it toll and they would give up. But these players can keep their energy for success. This is a more professional world.

And this is how its happening in other sports too. In every sport players are having longer careers and are still doing better than most of their young rivals. It not bizarre or amazing. This is main stream now. 

Who is the last tennis player who retired below 32? Compare this with players in the 90s? In 60-80s players would retire @ 27-28

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Posts : 2849
Join date : 2012-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: French Open prediction game: Day 9

Post by Veejay on Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:44 am

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:
Veejay wrote:nick just said that 8 of the last 16 in the mens draw are 30 + years old
thats 50 % a new record in the open era apparently 
thats pretty incredible longevity and most of them are waaayy fitter then their rivals
cant make up my mind is its bizarre or amazing

In my opinion, neither. Its regular modern sports now. Athletes are more fitter, they have better resources to stay that way. They are more professional in their overall conduct and do anything it takes to succeed and stay at top. They are chasing records and fame and this is a huge driving force to keep going. Their mindset is  different from the players of older generation. They want to win all and keep doing it day in day out. They have changed priorities. This includes women too. 10-15 years ago you wouldn't see women playing tennis into their 30s. They would rather retire and have kids. 

 Now they are players at 35 and have no desire to stop either. Steffie Graf got 22 slams and retired by 30 and took over family. We have Serena here, who kept on even over 35 until she chased down that record. And her answer to the questions of retirement is 'never'.

Players of older gen couldn't keep that steam into their 30s, the amount of effort it takes to stay at top takes it toll and they would give up. But these players can keep their energy for success. This is a more professional world.

And this is how its happening in other sports too. In every sport players are having longer careers and are still doing better than most of their young rivals. It not bizarre or amazing. This is main stream now. 

Who is the last tennis player who retired below 32? Compare this with players in the 90s? In 60-80s players would retire @ 27-28
but doesnt it seem unnatural to you?
if that level of fitness was reasonably achievable through just hard work,then every athlete no mater what their ranking should be able to achieve the same level of fitness,because the majority of athletes are pushing their bodies to the limit to be the best that they could possibly be
but yet many athletes who way past their physical prime are much fitter and in some cases far more athletic then the many of the "in prime" athletes 
i dont personally believe that 30 is the new 22,especially in competitive professional sport,age makes a massive difference,with every year that passes comes huge physical change in your body,but yet that seems to be the case
i do think that its entirely plausible for an athlete to peak as a player past their physical prime,ie a late bloomer
i also think that athletes adapt and evolve with how the sport changes,but regardless time catches up with everyone
the only sense i can make of it is that these athletes 30 and over have access to better recourses,or know a better formula for achieving their level of fitness then the younger in prime athletes

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: French Open prediction game: Day 9

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark on Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:43 pm

@veejay

I'll bring it up on another thread soon. This is a long discussion.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Posts : 2849
Join date : 2012-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: French Open prediction game: Day 9

Post by Daniel on Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:47 pm

Djok not putting the work into his game like Becker said.  This is what happens when you go lazy.  I'm not ready to say he's finished just yet, but that was an ass kicking.  Embarassing lazy players. Esp Busta... lazy ass bastard.

Daniel

Posts : 3129
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: French Open prediction game: Day 9

Post by Emancipator on Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:40 pm

I could almost enjoy a Nadal victory just to see the meltdown on this forum.

Emancipator

Posts : 579
Join date : 2013-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: French Open prediction game: Day 9

Post by Veejay on Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:53 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:@veejay

I'll bring it up on another thread soon. This is a long discussion.
ok should be a good discussion to keep us going between RG and Wimbledon

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: French Open prediction game: Day 9

Post by Daniel on Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:02 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:
Daniel wrote:So, yet again, Nadal escapes the tougher matches.  Everyone is facing a good top 10 opponent in their QF except Nadal....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_French_Open_%E2%80%93_Men%27s_Singles

What a total mismatch.  He always seems to get away with it.  You never know, upsets do happen.  But not very likely is it.  Nadal has faced only a rank 17 and a rank 20 on the way to SF.

You think Raonic(5) on clay is a tougher opponent compared to Busta? Raonic in all their h2h has been pathetic against Nadal and I don't see how he would have done any better.

Players are like Nadal and Djokovic who are excellent movers are a nightmare to Raonic. His serves too fail to fire.

He would have played 3 sets, win or lose.  That makes him better than what the other loser did.  Plus Raonic is a better player regardless.  That's why he is over 10 places ahead of Busta.  But I was also referring to the fact that Nadal got the easiest QF he could possibly have.  He escaped all the other players.

Daniel

Posts : 3129
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: French Open prediction game: Day 9

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum