Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Roger - Roger's Facebook status update EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Roger - Roger's Facebook status update EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Roger - Roger's Facebook status update EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Roger - Roger's Facebook status update EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Roger - Roger's Facebook status update EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Roger - Roger's Facebook status update EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Roger - Roger's Facebook status update EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Roger - Roger's Facebook status update EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Roger - Roger's Facebook status update EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Roger's Facebook status update

5 posters

Go down

Roger - Roger's Facebook status update Empty Roger's Facebook status update

Post by Veejay Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:15 pm

"Just heard that over 15yrs ago (9/22/97) as a 16yr old, I made my debut on the ATP rankings...debuting at #803 after picking up 12pts. Here's to another 15yrs on tour....hahahahah smiley"

To another 15 years on tour! Cheers Big Grin

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Roger - Roger's Facebook status update Empty Re: Roger's Facebook status update

Post by Larry Ellison Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:16 pm

Roger Applause

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:20 pm

I must note though... I don't think either Roger, Rafa etc. actually update their face-book account themselves.
It's probably a member of the team who does it Winking (I think this applies for the majority of processionals across sports).

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:25 pm

Amritia3ee wrote:I must not though... I don't think either Roger, Rafa etc. actually update their face-book account themselves.
It's probably a member of the team who does it Winking (I think this applies for the majority of processionals across sports).

Roger actually does a lot of it himself,sometimes he speaks to fans on Facebook,asks them questions or answers questions for fans

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:52 pm

Yes, Nadal does that too from time to time.
He has videos set up from his hotel where he is staying in a video addressed to his fans smiley

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:34 pm

Amritia Laugh . 2 seconds ago you didn't believe it was either Fed or Nadal updating any info on their fb account personally.

Now that veejay brings up something which is nothing but his own personal opinion.

And you do a complete U-turn. Laugh Laugh

If you post on 606v2 and that poster SAHARA STALLION is there, tell him he was my funniest poster, but now its you.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:44 pm

ROTLA... you come across as a very aggressive and confrontational poster. Thumbs Up

As I said I highly doubt Nadal actually updates his facebook account himself. Personally I feel it is much more likely his videos are set up by his technical team, filmed by his technical film, and then put on facebook by his technical team. As I said I highly doubt he himself updates the fb account.

You really are a very aggressive poster.

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:10 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:Amritia Laugh . 2 seconds ago you didn't believe it was either Fed or Nadal updating any info on their fb account personally.

Now that veejay brings up something which is nothing but his own personal opinion.

And you do a complete U-turn. Laugh Laugh

If you post on 606v2 and that poster SAHARA STALLION is there, tell him he was my funniest poster, but now its you.

Laugh Laugh

@ Amritia
Its a pity Rafa Nadal never posted a video of him when he was sitting on a hotel room chair in Australia and then his knee suddenly exploded Laugh

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:11 pm

OK join in then Doh

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:16 pm

Amritia3ee wrote:OK join in then Doh

Wouldnt you love to see what that was all about?
I dont think I have ever heard someone injure their knee just by sitting down,have you Amritia?

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:18 pm

No.
He was OK to play though the next day so it's a rather minor event.
There's more important things happening across the tennis world Veejay.

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:24 pm

Amritia3ee wrote:No.
He was OK to play though the next day so it's a rather minor event.
There's more important things happening across the tennis world Veejay.

And what would those be?
If theres more important things happening across the tennis world why are you discussing this subject rather then the subjects you think are more important and then on top of that tell me theres more important things happening that I should be discussing instead?

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:28 pm

9 months ago Nadal hurt his knee.
He was fine to play his Round 1 match in the tournament he was participating in.

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:37 pm

Amritia3ee wrote:9 months ago Nadal hurt his knee.
He was fine to play his Round 1 match in the tournament he was participating in.

But what are the more important things happening across the tennis world Amritia?

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:43 pm

Yesterday Tsonga was superb in his dismissal of Seppi in the Metz title, winning in 50 min.

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:47 pm

Amritia3ee wrote:Yesterday Tsonga was superb in his dismissal of Seppi in the Metz title, winning in 50 min.

Im curious what makes that more important,especially for a Nadal fan

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:52 pm

An minor injury of a player, which did not even affect his participation in Round 1 of the tournament. Who cares?

Tsonga looked on cracking form yesterday, and he will need to be on brilliant form on the indoor hard if he is to maintain his ranking. He's the biggest threat to the Top 4, but needs to build up belief and confidence.

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:53 pm

Amritia3ee wrote:An minor injury of a player, which did not even affect his participation in Round 1 of the tournament. Who cares?

Tsonga looked on cracking form yesterday, and he will need to be on brilliant form on the indoor hard if he is to maintain his ranking. He's the biggest threat to the Top 4, but needs to build up belief and confidence.

If it was such a minor injury why did the Nadal camp make such a huge drama out of it?

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:55 pm

Veejay wrote:
Amritia3ee wrote:An minor injury of a player, which did not even affect his participation in Round 1 of the tournament. Who cares?

If it was such a minor injury why did the Nadal camp make such a huge drama out of it?
Did they?
I believe Nadal mentioned it in a press conference once, can't remember anyone else in his team talking about it.

Last edited by Amritia3ee on Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:56 pm

Amritia3ee wrote:
Veejay wrote:

Did they?
I believe Nadal mentioned it in a press conference once, can't remember anyone else talking about it.

Why even talk about it if its a minor injury?

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:59 pm

Dunno. You can ask him.
Certainly I had forgotten about it until you mentioned it today.

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:01 pm

Amritia3ee wrote:Dunno. You can ask him.
Certainly I had forgotten about it until you mentioned it today.

I would but you claim it isnt him who comments on his Facebook profile

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:01 pm

No it's probably someone from his technical team.

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:28 pm

Amritia3ee wrote:ROTLA... you come across as a very aggressive and confrontational poster. Thumbs Up .

Well. I'm the way I am. Confrontational, Aggressive, angry.. whatever. I have no problems with you or anyone having that opinion about me.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:45 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:
Amritia3ee wrote:ROTLA... you come across as a very aggressive and confrontational poster. Roger - Roger's Facebook status update 3157886161 .

Well. I'm the way I am. Confrontational, Aggressive, angry.. whatever. I have no problems with you or anyone having that opinion about me.

I'd say it can be the price to pay to have a knowledgeable poster! Winking

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:19 pm

I don't see any need for a correlation between how knowledgable a poster is compared to his aggression. No need really.

At what exactly did ROTLA say on this thread against me which portrayed such knowledge??

He was totally mistaken, using a haplessly large amount of 'laugh' smiley faces (which was meant to be snide I suppose), and came to the wrong conclusion- thinking that I had changed my stance.

Of course what I was saying was Nadal does 'Facebook video features' but I suspect this is organised and put on Facebook by his technical team, rather than himself. Of course he could have politely cleared it up, rather than make snide remarks and compared me to some 'Sahara' guy I don't even know.

I was talking by PM to some Murray fans on v2, and they commented that they though ROTLA was the most aggressive and abusive poster they had come across on any internet forum.

ROTLA has often said that people should just have thick skin, and I recognise that either he starts having respect for others, or they have to all have thick skin.

Obviously, I think we know that the latter is the only likely way going forward Roger - Roger's Facebook status update 3157886161

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:52 pm

Amritia3ee wrote:

I was talking by PM to some Murray fans on v2, and they commented that they though ROTLA was the most aggressive and abusive poster they had come across on any internet forum.

ROTLA has often said that people should just have thick skin, and I recognise that either he starts having respect for others, or they have to all have thick skin.

Obviously, I think we know that the latter is the only likely way going forward Roger - Roger's Facebook status update 3157886161

Rotla has opinions and is not afraid to voice them, full respect as far as I'm concerned regardless of whether I agree with them all the time or not!

He won't go behind people's backs and demand that they get banned like all Nadal crybabies did to Tenez on v2 a few months ago.
You can say that this is quite a gutsy forum Roger - Roger's Facebook status update 4006036031 we say it as it is and are not afraid to do so, it's not suffocating like on v2 unfortunately.
Feel free to advertise us over there to those who must be missing us Roger - Roger's Facebook status update 123628122

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:39 pm

Amritia3ee wrote:I don't see any need for a correlation between how knowledgable a poster is compared to his aggression. No need really.

See a forum needs all kinds of posters, some are aggressive like me. But isn't variety the spice of life. Why should all posters be nice and goody-goody like an angel . Someone has to be the Devil

Amritia3ee wrote: I was talking by PM to some Murray fans on v2, and they commented that they though ROTLA was the most aggressive and abusive poster they had come across on any internet forum.

Okay, just one request can you ask Murray's biggest fan CC what he thinks of me as aggressive and abusive and whatever? If you have already asked, can you ask once more. Please. Rose

Amritia3ee wrote: ROTLA has often said that people should just have thick skin, and I recognise that either he starts having respect for others, or they have to all have thick skin.

I'm trying to be nice Amri, but I can't do it all in a day. Peace Dove

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:11 pm

noleisthebest wrote:

Rotla has opinions and is not afraid to voice them, full respect as far as I'm concerned regardless of whether I agree with them all the time or not!
There's nothing wrong with voicing opinions NITB Thumbs Up Voicing opinions is to be encouraged in-fact IMO.

noleisthebest wrote:
He won't go behind people's backs and demand that they get banned like all Nadal crybabies did to Tenez on v2 a few months ago.
Dunno what you're talking about here. I'm not sure where you've got the information here, but it's mistaken. The decision was taken after the admin took a group decision, and as they are the authority on the site they have every right to do so.

noleisthebest wrote:
You can say that this is quite a gutsy forum Roger - Roger's Facebook status update 4006036031 we say it as it is and are not afraid to do so, it's not suffocating like on v2 unfortunately.
Not sure what you mean there NITB. You claim you 'say it as it is' but considering that two people can't have exactly the same beliefs in all issues (eg you and Tenez sometimes disagree on Djokovic) I assume you mean to say 'say it as you think.'
I am a Nadal fan btw. Can you find out any examples on v2 where I've not said what I believe. Certainly I know, for a fact, that I express my opinion there (as I do here). Also Bogbrush, who is a big Federer fan who dislikes Nadal + Djokovic, certainly has been ready to express his strong opinions, and people respect him for that. Socal is a massive Djokovic fan, an excellent poster with strong opinions, and he has also been willing to express his views fully. So can't really see an example of what you imply at all I'm afraid Thumbs Up

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:14 pm

I'm trying to be nice Amri, but I can't do it all in a day. Peace Dove
You can always try Winking

Okay, just one request can you ask Murray's biggest fan CC what he thinks of me as aggressive and abusive and whatever? If you have already asked, can you ask once more. Please. Rose
I can ask him what he thinks of you, if you like Thumbs Up

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:17 pm

Amritia3ee wrote:I don't see any need for a correlation between how knowledgable a poster is compared to his aggression. No need really.

At what exactly did ROTLA say on this thread against me which portrayed such knowledge??

He was totally mistaken, using a haplessly large amount of 'laugh' smiley faces (which was meant to be snide I suppose), and came to the wrong conclusion- thinking that I had changed my stance.

Of course what I was saying was Nadal does 'Facebook video features' but I suspect this is organised and put on Facebook by his technical team, rather than himself. Of course he could have politely cleared it up, rather than make snide remarks and compared me to some 'Sahara' guy I don't even know.

No way!!
That title was bestowed on me ages ago Big Grin

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:21 pm

Veejay wrote:

No way!!
That title was bestowed on me ages ago Big Grin
Veejay you didn't post on v2 for very long.

Anyway it's not something you should be proud of if that is the case. You should be civil, and respectful to others, even if you have strong opinions.

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down