Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» Players popularity - What makes it?
Today at 4:19 am by Daniel

» This Is What A Feminist Looks Like
Yesterday at 6:25 pm by Daniel

» Asian Swing 2017: Bejing/Tokyo & Shanghai
Yesterday at 5:14 pm by naxroy

» Who Is Going To Be The Next Number One?
Yesterday at 12:34 pm by bogbrush

» One of the best match ever?
Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:24 am by Tenez

» The Ultimate GOAT List
Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:50 am by Tenez

» Stefanos Tsitsipas
Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:13 am by noleisthebest

» Jelena Ostapenko
Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:26 pm by Jahu

» Nice terror attack
Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:45 pm by Viloet33

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
      1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031     

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum


ATP 1000: Miami

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: ATP 1000: Miami

Post by noleisthebest on Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:13 am

So...what are thoughts on tonight's semis?

Nadal playing the day session. I look forward to that match as I'm sure Fabio will put up a good fight.

Will the king of last night's dance floor be ready for another night of clubbing?

noleisthebest

Posts : 24931
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 1000: Miami

Post by Jahu on Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:20 am

If Fed does not lose in 2 sets, in 3 i think he can win, when tight he wakes up.

Nadal will win.

Jahu

Posts : 1978
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 1000: Miami

Post by bogbrush on Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:28 am

The final will surely be Kyrgios v Nadal; Federer really needs the break and Fognini was flattered by Nishikoris injury.

Kyrgios to take the title.

bogbrush

Posts : 1133
Join date : 2015-03-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 1000: Miami

Post by noleisthebest on Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:38 am

I admit, I am not a fan of Kyrgios, so watch him as little as possible.

What is his returning like?

He is not very good on the run, so if Fed starts to move him, the match may not be too long.

Fed will be very motivated to school him after the "we need a clown for this circus" incident.

noleisthebest

Posts : 24931
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 1000: Miami

Post by Tenez on Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:37 am

Jahu wrote:Daniel no like us no more?

He good man.

He is but just a bit emotional. To this date I don;t understand how some can be so emotionally involved when discussing in a forum....about tennis.

Tenez

Posts : 17151
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 1000: Miami

Post by Tenez on Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:38 am

... wrote:
Veejay wrote:is daniel leaving?
i dont know why he is always fighting with everyone
I hope he is ok...He was rushed to an ego rehabilitation clinic last night...
Laugh

Tenez

Posts : 17151
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 1000: Miami

Post by Tenez on Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:42 am

... wrote:So...what are thoughts on tonight's semis?

Nadal playing the day session. I look forward to that match as I'm sure Fabio will put up a good fight.

Will the king of last night's dance floor be ready for another night of clubbing?

I am with BB here. Nadal will crush Fognini.

I am unsure on Fed Kyrgios cause how do we know how fed is going to turn up?

The question, besides Fed recovering from last night, is how Kyrgios is coping with pace. It's one thing injecting pace, another to be able to handle it. Typically Berdych is a good example. can hit hard but when requiring quick hands, he is poor.

Kyrgios I think can and will be tough to beat..but Fed can certainly beat him too.


Last edited by Tenez on Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total

Tenez

Posts : 17151
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 1000: Miami

Post by bogbrush on Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:42 am

This was the refrain on 606v2 as well. I discussed it with Hero when I was protesting about the ridiculous moderating (it was better described as agitating) and he said he had more trouble on the tennis forum than the rest combined.

Incidentally, though Daniel might not be around to hear it, I was not banned from 606v2 other than for a few days as could happen now and then, and was usually because of said "agitator". I took my leave because I no longer enjoyed the place.

bogbrush

Posts : 1133
Join date : 2015-03-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 1000: Miami

Post by noleisthebest on Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:08 pm

Tenez wrote:
Jahu wrote:Daniel no like us no more?

He good man.

He is but just a bit emotional. To this date I don;t understand how some can be so emotionally involved when discussing in a forum....about tennis.

Nothing wrong with being emotional...(even about tennis!)

If only he could  just have a bit of self-deprecating humour and relaaax...rather than take things personally and then relieve the frustration insulting others.

He'll be back....as soon as Fed loses. Winking

noleisthebest

Posts : 24931
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 1000: Miami

Post by gallery play on Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:41 pm

I don't think yesterday it went like it did because of tiredness. It was just one of those matches (like those 3 5 set matches at the AO) which he should have won in straights but he end up in a struggle instead. You can't claim he lost the second set because fatigue moments before winning the final set tiebreak. There's no logic in that. To me it seemed more like a loss of concentration  and/or the lack of composure to play point by point.

Tonight is different though. He won't be fully recovered physically from a match like that in such a short time. But it remains to be seen Kyrgios will take advantage: I would still pick Fed as fav

gallery play

Posts : 2193
Join date : 2012-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 1000: Miami

Post by gallery play on Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:46 pm

And Foggy-Nadal. Have to pick Nadal, although he'll be nervous like crazy against fickle Foggy. So i expect a close first set.

gallery play

Posts : 2193
Join date : 2012-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 1000: Miami

Post by Jahu on Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:55 pm

If Foggy can be in good mood, he can crush Nadal, as he did last year i think, Nadal could not see balls left or right, maybe little knee crap, but was enjoyable.

Jahu

Posts : 1978
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 1000: Miami

Post by noleisthebest on Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:15 pm

I
gallery play wrote:I don't think yesterday it went like it did because of tiredness. It was just one of those matches (like those 3 5 set matches at the AO) which he should have won in straights but he end up in a struggle instead. You can't claim he lost the second set because fatigue moments before winning the final set tiebreak. There's no logic in that. To me it seemed more like a loss of concentration  and/or the lack of composure to play point by point.

Tonight is different though. He won't be fully recovered physically from a match like that in such a short time. But it remains to be seen Kyrgios will take advantage: I would still pick Fed as fav
I started watching at 3:4 in the 2nd set, just as Fed got broken.

His 1st serve was bad and that was my main reason for thinking he was tired. His groundstrokes lost penetration, too.

Same in the third set, except that he was focused more, and even the got lucky with Berd's DF in the end.

Compare that to their match un AO when Fed was fresh and played some fantastic full on tennis all match.

To me the contrast was quite striking.

Miami is also slower, so that all adds up.

It looks like that post AO, he now has freshness only for one set...except that if he makes the final he'll probably roar two sets out of himself...somehow...and then spend the next two weeks like a vegetable....doing nothing.

noleisthebest

Posts : 24931
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 1000: Miami

Post by gallery play on Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:45 pm

... wrote:

Compare that to their match un AO when Fed was fresh and played some fantastic full on tennis all match.

To me the contrast was quite striking.

Yes, but in Australia he also played great in one set and terrible the next one, at least in those 3 five set matches.

gallery play

Posts : 2193
Join date : 2012-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 1000: Miami

Post by Tenez on Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:51 pm

gallery play wrote:I don't think yesterday it went like it did because of tiredness. It was just one of those matches (like those 3 5 set matches at the AO) which he should have won in straights but he end up in a struggle instead. You can't claim he lost the second set because fatigue moments before winning the final set tiebreak. There's no logic in that. To me it seemed more like a loss of concentration  and/or the lack of composure to play point by point.

Tonight is different though. He won't be fully recovered physically from a match like that in such a short time. But it remains to be seen Kyrgios will take advantage: I would still pick Fed as fav

I have not seen so can't quite comment. Fed mentions the wind, sunshine, fast conds. However concentration, orlack of, can also be the result of fatigue.

Maybe he wasn't but I woudl be very surprised if his fatigue did not play a role.

I think it's going to be very close tonight between Fed and Kyrgios....can't wait.

Tenez

Posts : 17151
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 1000: Miami

Post by Tenez on Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:53 pm

... wrote:It looks like that post AO, he now has freshness only for one set...except that if he makes the final he'll probably roar two sets out of himself...somehow...and then spend the next two weeks like a vegetable....doing nothing.

That's the way I see it too....after the AO and IW.

Tenez

Posts : 17151
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 1000: Miami

Post by Tenez on Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:55 pm

gallery play wrote:
... wrote:

Compare that to their match un AO when Fed was fresh and played some fantastic full on tennis all match.

To me the contrast was quite striking.

Yes, but in Australia he also played great in one set and terrible the next one, at least in those 3 five set matches.
And I think that was down to fatigue too.

Like when he played Djoko in that USO 2011. Won the first 2 sets, then goes idle for teh next 2 as soon as he gets broken and in teh last set gives it all.....gets 2 MPs...and finally fatigue becomes just too much and surrenders his serve twice in a row.

Tenez

Posts : 17151
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 1000: Miami

Post by Emancipator on Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:08 pm

Tenez wrote:
... wrote:
Veejay wrote:is daniel leaving?
i dont know why he is always fighting with everyone
I hope he is ok...He was rushed to an ego rehabilitation clinic last night...
Laugh

Good riddance if he is. A nasty, hateful individual who showed his true colours with that uncalled for attack on NITB.
Doesn't know anything about tennis (he was gonna trial a DH FH - LMAO - what kind of wuss of a man plays with a DH FH - that's pathetic) and cannot admit when he is wrong. Also selectively picks and chooses the points he'd like to debate and then accuses others of doing the same.

All he cares about is being right, hence the complete denial that Federer has improved some aspects of his game, which seems pretty self evident to everyone else.

The whole hounding of Bogbrush was just bizarre.

Emancipator

Posts : 579
Join date : 2013-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 1000: Miami

Post by Emancipator on Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:20 pm

If Fed can recover I'd make him the favourite against Kyrgios but it's going to be a tough match particularly if it is humid and the balls get even heavier.

Fognini needs a faster court to fire winners past Nadal.

Emancipator

Posts : 579
Join date : 2013-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 1000: Miami

Post by Daniel on Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:46 pm

I was going to leave, but, just to spite you, TMF - I am staying. Although, you are going on the block list, so don't bother replying to me unless you enjoy wasting your time. I find the worst people in life are those that decide who is and isn't a bad person - because said person does not share their deluded Social Justice Warrior political ideology.  And that's all you are - a SJW that throws "racist" "sexist" and other crap out at people who disagree with them.  I'd start looking into the mirror before proclaiming yourself god - deciding who is or is not worthy of you. I find you contemptible based on what I have seen. I don't care.  Bye bye now Winking  And remember to say "President Trump" lol.  Laugh Magic

@nole Tired of the oneupmanship game that you play. I say Berdych is not a push over for Federer, and because Federer wins by 2 points you run here to herald how right you were, when it was, in fact, the exact opposite. I think you know shit about this sport :P And you think ads are humans.  That doesn't help.

@Tenez. You have been a fair admin - even though I believe your views on tennis are largely bonkers.  At least you are politically sound  - Thank god you aren't as ignorant as TMF or Veejay - again, the people who just throw Islamophobe and Racist accusations around and think that's debate. Amazing that they can't see they are actually the problem.  Every time they see Trump on the TV, they need to remember that their ignorance and insults put him there by pissing everyone else off.  Winking

@Bogbrush.  I am politically similar to you and I agree with you on most things.  But you've got an ego that isn't warranted and need to get your head out of your own arse. It's not good for you.  If you want to give off an air of superiority with your super duper tennis knowledge, it helps to make plain English predictions, rather than vague cop-outs. Mystic Meg would be more use than you when making a punt. Also, you need to learn how and when to use a semicolon.

I have put £100 on Kyrgios at just over even odds. Probably not a smart move given Kyrgios is prone to meltdowns and injury, but if he plays his best, Federer is going to be wiped off that court.  At least I put my money where my mouth is - and at least I state my prediction openly. try it, Bogbrush.  Instead of hiding behind a pink tutu.  Big Grin

Nadal might lose (Fognini has beaten him at US Open in 5 sets and had some decent victories), but it's unlikely.  Have to go with a Nadal win.

Daniel

Posts : 3093
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 1000: Miami

Post by Tenez on Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:17 pm

Just relax. whoever we are, none of us is going to change...and much less so if we start to have a go at each other. We just have to make do and stick to exchanging tennis views.

Anyway...£100 on Kyrgios coudl pay off.....or bite you with vengence.

Tenez

Posts : 17151
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 1000: Miami

Post by Daniel on Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:25 pm

Also, the match between Kyrgios and Zverev did not disappoint.  It was amazing. Zverev has more talent than Kyrgios, but Kyrgios' serve and forehands are devastating. He's like Sampras reincarnated.  Going to be deadly. Is deadly.

But I'd wager Zverev will have the better career.  He's still not at his best, but when his game falls into place, he will be a nightmare.  Some of his returns and lobs were pure genius against Kyrgios. He also has better temperament and will to win.

I think we are finally seeing the emergence of the next great rivalry.  Or one of. Federer Nadal Murray and Djokovic cannot hold on for much longer.

Daniel

Posts : 3093
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 1000: Miami

Post by Veejay on Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:29 pm

Daniel wrote:I was going to leave, but, just to spite you, TMF - I am staying. Although, you are going on the block list, so don't bother replying to me unless you enjoy wasting your time. I find the worst people in life are those that decide who is and isn't a bad person - because said person does not share their deluded Social Justice Warrior political ideology.  And that's all you are - a SJW that throws "racist" "sexist" and other crap out at people who disagree with them.  I'd start looking into the mirror before proclaiming yourself god - deciding who is or is not worthy of you. I find you contemptible based on what I have seen. I don't care.  Bye bye now Winking  And remember to say "President Trump" lol.  Laugh Magic

@nole Tired of the oneupmanship game that you play. I say Berdych is not a push over for Federer, and because Federer wins by 2 points you run here to herald how right you were, when it was, in fact, the exact opposite. I think you know shit about this sport :P And you think ads are humans.  That doesn't help.

@Tenez. You have been a fair admin - even though I believe your views on tennis are largely bonkers.  At least you are politically sound  - Thank god you aren't as ignorant as TMF or Veejay - again, the people who just throw Islamophobe and Racist accusations around and think that's debate. Amazing that they can't see they are actually the problem.  Every time they see Trump on the TV, they need to remember that their ignorance and insults put him there by pissing everyone else off.  Winking

@Bogbrush.  I am politically similar to you and I agree with you on most things.  But you've got an ego that isn't warranted and need to get your head out of your own arse. It's not good for you.  If you want to give off an air of superiority with your super duper tennis knowledge, it helps to make plain English predictions, rather than vague cop-outs. Mystic Meg would be more use than you when making a punt. Also, you need to learn how and when to use a semicolon.

I have put £100 on Kyrgios at just over even odds. Probably not a smart move given Kyrgios is prone to meltdowns and injury, but if he plays his best, Federer is going to be wiped off that court.  At least I put my money where my mouth is - and at least I state my prediction openly. try it, Bogbrush.  Instead of hiding behind a pink tutu.  Big Grin

Nadal might lose (Fognini has beaten him at US Open in 5 sets and had some decent victories), but it's unlikely.  Have to go with a Nadal win.
um...didnt you call me a bad person down in the u.s election thread?
i believe so..here it is..
"You are a bad person, because you are anti-free speech."


so what qualifies you to decide who a bad person is and isnt daniel?

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 1000: Miami

Post by Daniel on Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:44 pm

I'd say being against freedom of speech makes you a bad person, yes. I guess the difference is I am right and you are wrong. I don't hold despicable views like that - nor do I call people racists for disagreeing with me.  When you stop doing that, we'll talk Winking  That was also part of the political thread - it doesn't belong here, where TMF dumped it.

I generally try to avoid arguments to the person, but you need to revisit that political thread, because it looks worse on you than anyone there. You do it all the time, simply because you cannot tolerate someone else's view. Not my problem.  I have nothing more to say to you on this.  Thumbs Up

Daniel

Posts : 3093
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 1000: Miami

Post by Jahu on Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:52 pm

sex guys, heals everything.

true story this one, just healed my sore throat 2 days ago,

too much testosterone on wet keyboards around here

we need some girls here asap!!!

Jahu

Posts : 1978
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 1000: Miami

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark on Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:53 pm

Tenez wrote:Federer: Q. Do you feel it's possible for a man of 35 years
old to be physically stronger, faster, better than a
24 year old? Is it within the realm of possibility?
ROGER FEDERER: I think so, yes. But then, you can't
maybe think that you could play 25 events like a 24. I
think the body just needs a bit more recovery overall.
Just a tad. You know, I think coming out of a brutal
match and then feeling fit like a fiddle in the morning,
it's like when you go clubbing. Same thing. You know,
you don't feel the same when you're older. (Laughter.)

Federer is no ordinary 35 YO. He is Greatest of all time. So the same rules that apply for regular 35 YO, do not apply to him. He is an exceptional player.

So its still not wrong to say that 35 yo will not be able to play tennis like when 24. Its will be right in 99% of the cases. But there are exceptions. And we have a big one here.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Posts : 2835
Join date : 2012-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 1000: Miami

Post by Daniel on Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:11 pm

Federer still isn't playing like he was 2006.  2006 he was better all round. His forehand and serve were devastating, with the added advantage of not tiring out. These days, Fed can go from great to good between games, let alone matches.

Kyrgios' biggest asset tonight is that he is young and that he has a more consistent serve.  Federer is tiring and his service game is inconsistent.  Can't do that against this Kyrgios.

Daniel

Posts : 3093
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 1000: Miami

Post by Tenez on Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:26 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:
Tenez wrote:Federer: Q. Do you feel it's possible for a man of 35 years
old to be physically stronger, faster, better than a
24 year old? Is it within the realm of possibility?
ROGER FEDERER: I think so, yes. But then, you can't
maybe think that you could play 25 events like a 24. I
think the body just needs a bit more recovery overall.
Just a tad. You know, I think coming out of a brutal
match and then feeling fit like a fiddle in the morning,
it's like when you go clubbing. Same thing. You know,
you don't feel the same when you're older. (Laughter.)

Federer is no ordinary 35 YO. He is Greatest of all time. So the same rules that apply for regular 35 YO, do not apply to him. He is an exceptional player.

So its still not wrong to say that 35 yo will not be able to play tennis like when 24. Its will be right in 99% of the cases. But there are exceptions. And we have a big one here.

Funny you say that ROTLA i remember very well our discussion about 4 years ago where I told you that guys like Stepanek (and others I cannot remember) were peaking at 30 + and your argument was that Federer was an incredible player and therefore would not be able to maintain that level like other mere mortels like Stepanek late in their career.

I remember perfectly my argument was that the peak period of a player would not depend on how good or bad a player is as both are likely to peak at around the same age regarless of their talent.

Again a few years later it proves that a player can play well (or as well) in his 30s.

Now regarding "peaking at 35", completely surprises me as well. I am just observing and open to discussion. I think had Federer learnt the game with is current racket, his peak years may have been 29-33 (bar injuries of course). However what we are seeing now confirms what I also said is that players's shots and timing often improves well into the 30s (my argument was just looking at the doubles players)....but of course I expect teh physical aspect to give away in the meantime. I don;t believe players peak at 35 simply because by the time they are 35, chances are the young generation has overtake them technically and the idea of being beaten regularly after 15 years of travelling around the world put many off. But my point is that Nadal or Djoko or Murray may also play their best tennis at 32 or 33 however they won;t be good enough to stop the 25yo Zverev, Kyrgios or Kashanov who had teh advantage of learning tennis in a more competitive environement than them.

In that respect Federer is certainly exceptional cause he has been able to adapt though not that surprising considering his talent.

When Pete said he played his best at 31 I think he knows what he was talking about and as Federer says very clearly again, which Daniel does not seem able to comprehend, is that peaking and achievement don't go hand to hand.

Tenez

Posts : 17151
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 1000: Miami

Post by Tenez on Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:35 pm

This nadal will be tough to beat.

Tenez

Posts : 17151
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 1000: Miami

Post by Jahu on Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:38 pm

Foggy is lost in the fog.

Jahu

Posts : 1978
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 1000: Miami

Post by noleisthebest on Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:53 pm

What is the matter with Fognini?
He is not moving his feet.

noleisthebest

Posts : 24931
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 1000: Miami

Post by Tenez on Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:03 pm

pretty impressive from Nadal.

Tenez

Posts : 17151
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 1000: Miami

Post by Daniel on Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:05 pm

Kyrgios will not give him a sniff if they meet. And I hope they do, because I don't think Fed would win this time.

Daniel

Posts : 3093
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 1000: Miami

Post by noleisthebest on Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:07 pm

Tenez wrote:pretty impressive from Nadal.

I am not sure what to think.

Fognini is not providing much of of a challenge: no first serve, soft short returns, lazy feet...almost as good as a tank.

noleisthebest

Posts : 24931
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 1000: Miami

Post by Tenez on Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:12 pm

perfect conditions for Nadal. WIndy, sunny (not for him as LH), bouncy.

Must be hell for Fog.

Tenez

Posts : 17151
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 1000: Miami

Post by Tenez on Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:14 pm

... wrote:
Tenez wrote:pretty impressive from Nadal.

I am not sure what to think.

Fognini is not providing much of of a challenge: no first serve, soft short returns, lazy feet...almost as good as a tank.

Nadal's ball is impossible to handle in those conditions. Impossible for Fog to use his talent in those conds.

Tenez

Posts : 17151
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 1000: Miami

Post by noleisthebest on Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:15 pm

Yes, Nadal's ball looks quite energetic today!

noleisthebest

Posts : 24931
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 1000: Miami

Post by Veejay on Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:27 pm

Daniel wrote:I'd say being against freedom of speech makes you a bad person, yes. I guess the difference is I am right and you are wrong. I don't hold despicable views like that - nor do I call people racists for disagreeing with me.  When you stop doing that, we'll talk Winking  That was also part of the political thread - it doesn't belong here, where TMF dumped it.

I generally try to avoid arguments to the person, but you need to revisit that political thread, because it looks worse on you than anyone there. You do it all the time, simply because you cannot tolerate someone else's view. Not my problem.  I have nothing more to say to you on this.  Thumbs Up
when have i ever said that i am against freedom of speech?
youre the one who called me a bad person simply for having a different opinion/stance
have i ever called you a bad person for your views?
it seems that the only one here who is intolerant to freedom of speech and other people having a different opinion its you daniel
if someone calls you a racist for your views,its their right to do so
freedom of speech is all about giving people the right to say what they want and voice their opinion even if you dont like what your hearing

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 1000: Miami

Post by noleisthebest on Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:32 pm

Fabio's starting to get his teeth in the match.

noleisthebest

Posts : 24931
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 1000: Miami

Post by Veejay on Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:46 pm

... wrote:Fabio's starting to get his teeth in the match.
a little too late to make an impact on the match

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 1000: Miami

Post by Emancipator on Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:59 pm

Daniel wrote:I was going to leave, but, just to spite you, TMF - I am staying. Although, you are going on the block list, so don't bother replying to me unless you enjoy wasting your time. I find the worst people in life are those that decide who is and isn't a bad person - because said person does not share their deluded Social Justice Warrior political ideology.  And that's all you are - a SJW that throws "racist" "sexist" and other crap out at people who disagree with them.  I'd start looking into the mirror before proclaiming yourself god - deciding who is or is not worthy of you. I find you contemptible based on what I have seen. I don't care.  Bye bye now Winking  And remember to say "President Trump" lol.  Laugh Magic

@nole Tired of the oneupmanship game that you play. I say Berdych is not a push over for Federer, and because Federer wins by 2 points you run here to herald how right you were, when it was, in fact, the exact opposite. I think you know shit about this sport :P And you think ads are humans.  That doesn't help.

@Tenez. You have been a fair admin - even though I believe your views on tennis are largely bonkers.  At least you are politically sound  - Thank god you aren't as ignorant as TMF or Veejay - again, the people who just throw Islamophobe and Racist accusations around and think that's debate. Amazing that they can't see they are actually the problem.  Every time they see Trump on the TV, they need to remember that their ignorance and insults put him there by pissing everyone else off.  Winking

@Bogbrush.  I am politically similar to you and I agree with you on most things.  But you've got an ego that isn't warranted and need to get your head out of your own arse. It's not good for you.  If you want to give off an air of superiority with your super duper tennis knowledge, it helps to make plain English predictions, rather than vague cop-outs. Mystic Meg would be more use than you when making a punt. Also, you need to learn how and when to use a semicolon.

I have put £100 on Kyrgios at just over even odds. Probably not a smart move given Kyrgios is prone to meltdowns and injury, but if he plays his best, Federer is going to be wiped off that court.  At least I put my money where my mouth is - and at least I state my prediction openly. try it, Bogbrush.  Instead of hiding behind a pink tutu.  Big Grin

Nadal might lose (Fognini has beaten him at US Open in 5 sets and had some decent victories), but it's unlikely.  Have to go with a Nadal win.

I haven't called you a racist or any other names so don't make things up. I'm very careful to speak in general terms.

You on the other hand have called me lots of names and just on this thread you called NITB a 'retard' (as well as other things) and called the forum 'shitty'. You really need to grow up. The angry little man thing is getting boring.

The problem with you Daniel is that you don't have the emotional or intellectual maturity to engage in a discussion. This construct requires listening, taking on board people's opinions and then responding in a non-confrontational manner. The moment someone airs a different opinion to you, you attack them - initially in a passive-aggressive manner, and when that doesn't work you get abusive. Failing that, you invent strawmen and attack those.

You think you've got it all worked out in your head - sports, politics, life - and everyone else is too stupid to see the wood for the trees. I hope one day you grow up and realise that you're a fool - there, I called you a name Cool

Emancipator

Posts : 579
Join date : 2013-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 1000: Miami

Post by Veejay on Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:24 pm

whens federer/kyrgios? later tonight or tomorrow?

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 1000: Miami

Post by noleisthebest on Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:36 pm

Midnight uk time.

noleisthebest

Posts : 24931
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 1000: Miami

Post by Tenez on Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:51 pm

Typical of Berdych's arrogance, bad temper .....

Q. Can you break it down for us what happened in
the third set? You managed to come back, and
then basically the match went down to the wire.
What happened at the end of the third set?
TOMAS BERDYCH: What do you exactly want to
know? This question would be good to specify, like
explain me what happened. What do you think
happened? I just lost by one point. It's very simple.
It's very straightforward.
He was the one serving out the match; didn't make it. I
had a match point, didn't make it. I had two, I didn't
made it. So what else to say?
Q. Well, let's go back to the...
TOMAS BERDYCH: Okay. We played some
forehands, backhands, some serves, returns. He
made the one better.
Sorry I cannot have any better answer for that. Sorry.
Q. Okay. Fine.
TOMAS BERDYCH: Sorry

and bad loser! Though you'd think he 'd get used to it by now!

Tenez

Posts : 17151
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 1000: Miami

Post by Tenez on Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:57 pm

This is really hilarious!

The journalist then has a final go at him! Excellent!

Q. Can you just talk about how frustrating it is to
be that close to a huge victory and not being able
to pull it off at the end?

TOMAS BERDYCH: Yeah, it is. It is. A lot. I mean,
what should I do? Should I destroy the table? Then
you see how much I'm frustrated. I don't know.
Yes, I am. It's obviously not something that you want to
finish the tournament like. But as I said, I got a lesson
on the last week, last tournament, so this is going to be
fine to get over with.

Tenez

Posts : 17151
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 1000: Miami

Post by bogbrush on Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:00 pm

I sympathise with Berdych, those questions are asinine.

bogbrush

Posts : 1133
Join date : 2015-03-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 1000: Miami

Post by Jahu on Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:10 pm

Just checked a stat:

Berdy: $26,573,890 


$27M prize money, add another 10M sponsorships, so 37M for a guy who has won 1 Paris Masters in 2005 and W Final in 2010.


Crazy stuff.

Jahu

Posts : 1978
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 1000: Miami

Post by bogbrush on Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:13 pm

Daniel wrote:@Bogbrush.  I am politically similar to you and I agree with you on most things.  But you've got an ego that isn't warranted and need to get your head out of your own arse. It's not good for you.  If you want to give off an air of superiority with your super duper tennis knowledge, it helps to make plain English predictions, rather than vague cop-outs. Mystic Meg would be more use than you when making a punt. Also, you need to learn how and when to use a semicolon.

I have put £100 on Kyrgios at just over even odds. Probably not a smart move given Kyrgios is prone to meltdowns and injury, but if he plays his best, Federer is going to be wiped off that court.  At least I put my money where my mouth is - and at least I state my prediction openly. try it, Bogbrush.  Instead of hiding behind a pink tutu.  Big Grin
You were doing so well through the first sentence but then fell away badly.

Predictions are like arseholes. Congratulations on having one.

bogbrush

Posts : 1133
Join date : 2015-03-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 1000: Miami

Post by bogbrush on Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:14 pm

Jahu wrote:Just checked a stat:

Berdy: $26,573,890 


$27M prize money, add another 10M sponsorships, so 37M for a guy who has won 1 Paris Masters in 2005 and W Final in 2010.


Crazy stuff.
Fair enough given what the 6-10th best footballer on the planet over the last 10 years would have pulled down.

bogbrush

Posts : 1133
Join date : 2015-03-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 1000: Miami

Post by Jahu on Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:21 pm

But football is Global and for poor people who bet their bread money on it, so sure they will earn.

For someone like Berdy that not many non-tennis followers never heard of him, pulling 40M is amazing, though sure he plays long time.

Jahu

Posts : 1978
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 1000: Miami

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum