Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» Why are the youngsters struggling?
Today at 10:43 am by ...

» Wimbledon Day 12 - Men's Semi
Today at 9:54 am by Daniel

» The US swing
Today at 9:01 am by legendkillar

» The doping program joke of the ITF!!!
Today at 8:59 am by legendkillar

» How long can this go on?
Today at 7:31 am by Daniel

» Fight for #1
Today at 2:04 am by summerblues

» Congratulations
Today at 12:07 am by ...

» The GOAT conversation will reboot...
Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:13 am by Daniel

» The Sunset Dilemma
Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:06 pm by DECIMA

July 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
     12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31      

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum


Oz open prediction game - Day 9!

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Oz open prediction game - Day 9!

Post by bogbrush on Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:54 am

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:Zverev has somewhat settled into this match..
Great jinx!

bogbrush

Posts : 819
Join date : 2015-03-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oz open prediction game - Day 9!

Post by ... on Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:54 am

Looking at his eyes, Fed is in a place he hasn't been before and he is loving it!

A totally different world winning in a match of his kind of tennis.

All his electrons are foing crazy with thrill and joy!

...

Posts : 24323
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oz open prediction game - Day 9!

Post by Jahu on Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:57 am

Zverev a BP on match serve of Fed!!!

Jahu

Posts : 1693
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oz open prediction game - Day 9!

Post by bogbrush on Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:58 am

And done with the minimum of wear & tear.

Very little mileage (<1.2km) and 92 minutes.

bogbrush

Posts : 819
Join date : 2015-03-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oz open prediction game - Day 9!

Post by Jahu on Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:59 am

Done and dusted, just as needed, quick match.

Not happy with all swiss SF. Fed, Dimi, Stan my order of who I want to win this AO.

Jahu

Posts : 1693
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oz open prediction game - Day 9!

Post by Jahu on Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:59 am

bogbrush wrote:
raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:Zverev has somewhat settled into this match..
Great jinx!


What, where? I just helped Fed smiley

Jahu

Posts : 1693
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oz open prediction game - Day 9!

Post by luvsports! on Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:59 am

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

luvsports!

Posts : 3904
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oz open prediction game - Day 9!

Post by Tenez on Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:01 am

Federer describing perfectly the situation with TDs slowing the courts down turning tennis matches into slugsfests.

Tenez

Posts : 16477
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oz open prediction game - Day 9!

Post by ... on Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:08 am

Tenez wrote:Federer describing perfectly the situation with TDs slowing the courts down turning tennis matches into slugsfests.
Yes, I am so glad he said it, the whole world heard him! Applause

...

Posts : 24323
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oz open prediction game - Day 9!

Post by ... on Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:09 am

luvsports! wrote:WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

...

Posts : 24323
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oz open prediction game - Day 9!

Post by bogbrush on Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:33 am

Tenez wrote:Federer describing perfectly the situation with TDs slowing the courts down turning tennis matches into slugsfests.
I think they're panicking because they've had a glimpse of how tedious the sport will be once Federer goes, and we have Djokovic and especially Murray boring us to death, and are taking steps to improve it as a spectacle.

We know they were slowed especially to prevent a Federer monopoly and promote this rivalry with Nadal, now they realise - ironically because the same man is at a different stage of career - that they have to change them again.

Just a shame we were all deprived of years of amazing attacking tennis from the greatest player to pick up a racquet.

bogbrush

Posts : 819
Join date : 2015-03-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oz open prediction game - Day 9!

Post by gallery play on Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:34 am

Ok, that was quick. Didn't see any of it. Seems like there's no loss of form at all?

He's been bookmakers fav since Murray went out. Who would have thought that? Some here claimed he retired last summer...

gallery play

Posts : 2116
Join date : 2012-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oz open prediction game - Day 9!

Post by bogbrush on Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:38 am

Bookmakers favourite means nothing, many people only know his name and assume he must win.

I was impressed with Stan and feel Nadal is bound to make the final. Federer has two very difficult matches, one against the player who was designed to be the most awful match-up.

bogbrush

Posts : 819
Join date : 2015-03-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oz open prediction game - Day 9!

Post by ... on Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:44 am

gallery play wrote:Ok, that was quick. Didn't see any of it. Seems like there's no loss of form at all?

He's been bookmakers fav since Murray went out. Who would have thought that? Some here claimed he retired last summer...

Amd what did you claim?
That he will win AO 2017?

...

Posts : 24323
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oz open prediction game - Day 9!

Post by Tenez on Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:49 am

I really thought he d retire last summer. But frankly without those fast courts Berdych and/Nishi would have beaten him. So......we have been lucky here.


Last edited by Tenez on Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Tenez

Posts : 16477
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oz open prediction game - Day 9!

Post by gallery play on Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:51 am

If the balls are as fast as they seem, both Raonic and Dimi should have a very good chance to beat Nadal. No player has rushed Nadal yet. Despite how fit and Nadalish he seems, he'll panic once he is rushed.

But if Nadal makes it...well let's just hope Stan is there. 

At the same time Fed might be thinking: "these balls are like the babolats from RG 2011, but this time it's on HC.."

gallery play

Posts : 2116
Join date : 2012-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oz open prediction game - Day 9!

Post by Daniel on Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:54 am

I feel Nadal will be taken out. The omens for Federer are good regardless.  O'Sullivan won the Masters and broke the record. And Sampras was the same ranking when he won his last slam.

Daniel

Posts : 2756
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oz open prediction game - Day 9!

Post by gallery play on Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:55 am

NITB wrote:
gallery play wrote:Ok, that was quick. Didn't see any of it. Seems like there's no loss of form at all?

He's been bookmakers fav since Murray went out. Who would have thought that? Some here claimed he retired last summer...

Amd what did you claim?
That he will win AO 2017?
Big Grin

Frankly, i expected him to win some glorious matches in the early rounds, based on the fact his ranking would handle him big names early on. But i didn't expect him to get to a semi, let alone to win a title. It's still far away anyway.

gallery play

Posts : 2116
Join date : 2012-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oz open prediction game - Day 9!

Post by ... on Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:59 am

This is a different, new Federer.

He is completely relaxed now. And has never been like this before.

A new, better man with nothing dragging him back any more.
That is why he was able to be bold in the interview and openly spell out that TDs ruined tennis.


That is the key to all this. 

Roger is R E L A X E D.

...

Posts : 24323
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oz open prediction game - Day 9!

Post by Tenez on Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:08 am

I think despite having played a few short matches, Fed is extremely exhausted. He was in 2015 when he had good short runs to the finals so i think he is even more tired now.

I honestly dont fancy his chances much.

Tenez

Posts : 16477
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oz open prediction game - Day 9!

Post by Daniel on Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:11 am

Tenez wrote:I think despite having played a few short matches, Fed is extremely exhausted. He was in 2015 when he had good short runs to the finals so i think he is even more tired now.

I honestly dont fancy his chances much.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbJRlB6pmqQ


I've fallen down into the Outer Limits again....  Where Fed can win comfortably in 3 sets - and yet he must be exhausted.   Laugh Doh

Daniel

Posts : 2756
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oz open prediction game - Day 9!

Post by Daniel on Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:00 pm

Ah Bogbrush commenting on BBC too Winking

Daniel

Posts : 2756
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oz open prediction game - Day 9!

Post by ... on Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:05 pm

Tenez wrote:I think despite having played a few short matches, Fed is extremely exhausted. He was in 2015 when he had good short runs to the finals so i think he is even more tired now.

I honestly dont fancy his chances much.

He is, this was a tough one, but so thrilling, he really enjoyed himself.

Because he is now freed and relaxed deep inside, he will be able to continue.

Stan is physically brutal, but Fed is striking the ball so well.

The fact he was spared the slog against Murray gives me hope he'll fly all the way.


...

Posts : 24323
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oz open prediction game - Day 9!

Post by garthmarenghi on Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:44 pm

bogbrush wrote:
Tenez wrote:Federer describing perfectly the situation with TDs slowing the courts down turning tennis matches into slugsfests.
I think they're panicking because they've had a glimpse of how tedious the sport will be once Federer goes, and we have Djokovic and especially Murray boring us to death, and are taking steps to improve it as a spectacle.

We know they were slowed especially to prevent a Federer monopoly and promote this rivalry with Nadal, now they realise - ironically because the same man is at a different stage of career - that they have to change them again.

Just a shame we were all deprived of years of amazing attacking tennis from the greatest player to pick up a racquet.
They slowed the courts down to start with in the early 2000's because everyone was getting pissy pants about big servers.

It certainly didn't help Fed, but he was not the starting point for the court speed changing, although granted they slowed them down further as his career went on.

Anyway, who cares... Fed wins again! This is his tournament. On Sunday, he reigns again!

garthmarenghi

Posts : 22
Join date : 2016-01-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oz open prediction game - Day 9!

Post by bogbrush on Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:53 pm

Daniel wrote:Ah Bogbrush commenting on BBC too Winking
Well they need somebody with sense on there. Pity they don't have some sense in the upper reaches of the organisation as well.

I presume I received an upvote smiley

bogbrush

Posts : 819
Join date : 2015-03-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oz open prediction game - Day 9!

Post by ... on Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:38 pm

Tenez wrote:Does anyone remember the discussion I had with Lydian about the Fed v Pete Wimbledon match?

He was saying that Fed at 19 was closer to his peak than Pete at 29....LOL how wrong was he again!
I remember those discussions were long and boring...I would usually switch off after page one.

But remember  everything you have ever said and that goes to 10 years back was true.


Time between points, doping, slow balls...everything. It looked so avant-garde then wnd now it's common knowledge.
My "speciality" was draw rigging. Big Grin

Shame it took Fed so long to say it on the big scene. Winking

Still better now than never.


Would be cool to have Lydian here, for goold old times sake , after all, Nadal is still in the draw! Whistle

...

Posts : 24323
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oz open prediction game - Day 9!

Post by ... on Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:43 pm

bogbrush wrote:
Daniel wrote:Ah Bogbrush commenting on BBC too Winking
Well they need somebody with sense on there. Pity they don't have some sense in the upper reaches of the organisation as well.

I presume I received an upvote smiley

Does anyone remember this one?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/8350824.stm



...

Posts : 24323
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oz open prediction game - Day 9!

Post by legendkillar on Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:13 pm

bogbrush wrote:
Tenez wrote:Federer describing perfectly the situation with TDs slowing the courts down turning tennis matches into slugsfests.
I think they're panicking because they've had a glimpse of how tedious the sport will be once Federer goes, and we have Djokovic and especially Murray boring us to death, and are taking steps to improve it as a spectacle.

We know they were slowed especially to prevent a Federer monopoly and promote this rivalry with Nadal, now they realise - ironically because the same man is at a different stage of career - that they have to change them again.

Just a shame we were all deprived of years of amazing attacking tennis from the greatest player to pick up a racquet.

It's that sentence that does just irks me. I am not one for the fandimonium and it doesn't suit your sceptical posture on these boards and also maybe it's the Victor Meldrew in me that's comming out as for the most part I do enjoy your postings smiley. I think it's a tad presumptuous that it would've been a total ownership of the field (which he did for a while) and that no-one else can produce flair attacking tennis.

I hold Federer as the greatest tennis player that ever lived, but I don't believe he was the only one to be completely hindered by the homogenisation that kicked in.

There have been many sports that have tried to make the sport as generic and bland as they can possibly manage over the decades and like tennis, they get it totally wrong. Tapping into your business brain, you know monopolies are usually frowned upon, unless of course they establish a real need and become that necessary evil which is what I might see in what most see in Federer.

I don't think the tennis bodies know what they will do when Federer calls it a day. They sway from one extreme to the next and confidence in their ability to make the right decisions is beyond low.

This tournament has had both Murray and Djokovic lose early and have they been missed? No. However the coverage of those losses has been poor because no-one (from a media perspective) has come out to say the quality of the tennis produced by the remaining field is the direction tennis should head in. It's more of the loss of the top ranked players as adverse to the tennis left in the draw that's on display. The crime for me has been that tennis has relied on 'brand' The Big 4 if you will for all the wrong reasons and I think that has had a detrimental effect on how fans view the sport and a lot of quality players not attracting the eyes of viewers that it should do.

I know that's a wayward rant, but I've had an espresso and I am wired and eager!

legendkillar

Posts : 1698
Join date : 2012-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oz open prediction game - Day 9!

Post by gallery play on Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:33 pm

NITB wrote:
Tenez wrote:Does anyone remember the discussion I had with Lydian about the Fed v Pete Wimbledon match?

He was saying that Fed at 19 was closer to his peak than Pete at 29....LOL how wrong was he again!
I remember those discussions were long and boring...I would usually switch off after page one.

But remember  everything you have ever said and that goes to 10 years back was true.


Time between points, doping, slow balls...everything. It looked so avant-garde then wnd now it's common knowledge.
My "speciality" was draw rigging. Big Grin

Shame it took Fed so long to say it on the big scene. Winking

Still better now than never.


Would be cool to have Lydian here, for goold old times sake , after all, Nadal is still in the draw! Whistle

Are you sure? 
Prepare yourself for arguments like: "Nadal needs extra time between the points because the cheering of the crowd lasts longer when he plays"

gallery play

Posts : 2116
Join date : 2012-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oz open prediction game - Day 9!

Post by bogbrush on Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:45 pm

Woah! I never saw that!!

What legends (I mean duggietoo, for example). Thank God there were no questions from Wise_Analyst, Mediter, Dr_Sincere, Impartial_Lion etc.

bogbrush

Posts : 819
Join date : 2015-03-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oz open prediction game - Day 9!

Post by bogbrush on Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:06 pm

legendkillar wrote:
bogbrush wrote:
Tenez wrote:Federer describing perfectly the situation with TDs slowing the courts down turning tennis matches into slugsfests.
I think they're panicking because they've had a glimpse of how tedious the sport will be once Federer goes, and we have Djokovic and especially Murray boring us to death, and are taking steps to improve it as a spectacle.

We know they were slowed especially to prevent a Federer monopoly and promote this rivalry with Nadal, now they realise - ironically because the same man is at a different stage of career - that they have to change them again.

Just a shame we were all deprived of years of amazing attacking tennis from the greatest player to pick up a racquet.

It's that sentence that does just irks me. I am not one for the fandimonium and it doesn't suit your sceptical posture on these boards and also maybe it's the Victor Meldrew in me that's comming out as for the most part I do enjoy your postings smiley. I think it's a tad presumptuous that it would've been a total ownership of the field (which he did for a while) and that no-one else can produce flair attacking tennis.

I hold Federer as the greatest tennis player that ever lived, but I don't believe he was the only one to be completely hindered by the homogenisation that kicked in.

There have been many sports that have tried to make the sport as generic and bland as they can possibly manage over the decades and like tennis, they get it totally wrong. Tapping into your business brain, you know monopolies are usually frowned upon, unless of course they establish a real need and become that necessary evil which is what I might see in what most see in Federer.

I don't think the tennis bodies know what they will do when Federer calls it a day. They sway from one extreme to the next and confidence in their ability to make the right decisions is beyond low.

This tournament has had both Murray and Djokovic lose early and have they been missed? No. However the coverage of those losses has been poor because no-one (from a media perspective) has come out to say the quality of the tennis produced by the remaining field is the direction tennis should head in. It's more of the loss of the top ranked players as adverse to the tennis left in the draw that's on display. The crime for me has been that tennis has relied on 'brand' The Big 4 if you will for all the wrong reasons and I think that has had a detrimental effect on how fans view the sport and a lot of quality players not attracting the eyes of viewers that it should do.

I know that's a wayward rant, but I've had an espresso and I am wired and eager!
I'm only saying that if you tilt the playing field over all those years into a direction favouring him that a few borderline results would have come the other way. Even through the caffeine that's not too controversial surely? smiley

bogbrush

Posts : 819
Join date : 2015-03-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oz open prediction game - Day 9!

Post by ... on Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:52 pm

garthmarenghi wrote:
bogbrush wrote:
Tenez wrote:Federer describing perfectly the situation with TDs slowing the courts down turning tennis matches into slugsfests.
I think they're panicking because they've had a glimpse of how tedious the sport will be once Federer goes, and we have Djokovic and especially Murray boring us to death, and are taking steps to improve it as a spectacle.

We know they were slowed especially to prevent a Federer monopoly and promote this rivalry with Nadal, now they realise - ironically because the same man is at a different stage of career - that they have to change them again.

Just a shame we were all deprived of years of amazing attacking tennis from the greatest player to pick up a racquet.
They slowed the courts down to start with in the early 2000's because everyone was getting pissy pants about big servers.

It certainly didn't help Fed, but he was not the starting point for the court speed changing, although granted they slowed them down further as his career went on.

Anyway, who cares... Fed wins again! This is his tournament. On Sunday, he reigns again!
Hi GM!
hope you are enjoying this AO Winking

...

Posts : 24323
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oz open prediction game - Day 9!

Post by ... on Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:56 pm

bogbrush wrote:Woah! I never saw that!!

What legends (I mean duggietoo, for example). Thank God there were no questions from Wise_Analyst, Mediter, Dr_Sincere, Impartial_Lion etc.
I thought that was all the same person, was really funny!

I remember that at the time I was so obsessed with Nole I was actually secretly hoping Borg would say Djokovic was his favourite player at the time. Blush




...

Posts : 24323
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oz open prediction game - Day 9!

Post by ... on Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:00 pm

gallery play wrote:
NITB wrote:
Tenez wrote:Does anyone remember the discussion I had with Lydian about the Fed v Pete Wimbledon match?
He was saying that Fed at 19 was closer to his peak than Pete at 29....LOL how wrong was he again!
I remember those discussions were long and boring...I would usually switch off after page one.
But remember  everything you have ever said and that goes to 10 years back was true.
Time between points, doping, slow balls...everything. It looked so avant-garde then wnd now it's common knowledge.
My "speciality" was draw rigging. Big Grin
Shame it took Fed so long to say it on the big scene. Winking
Still better now than never.
Would be cool to have Lydian here, for goold old times sake , after all, Nadal is still in the draw! Whistle
Are you sure? 
Prepare yourself for arguments like: "Nadal needs extra time between the points because the cheering of the crowd lasts longer when he plays".
Laugh
I suppose he was one of those fans who substituted Sampras with Nadal, hence irrational dislike of Federer.

What is funny is that Sampras fans liked the macho, gutsy image etc...and then transferred that "need" onto Nadal, yet their tennis could not be more different.

Sampras' ego is still recovering from Federer...I'll never understand that!

...

Posts : 24323
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oz open prediction game - Day 9!

Post by Tenez on Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:48 pm


Of course energy is his real problem. He may have lost that tournament v Nishi. Hopefully not but if Rao beats Nadal then Stan is his last hurdle.

Tenez

Posts : 16477
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oz open prediction game - Day 9!

Post by Jahu on Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:42 pm

Stan just needs a couple of bad games and he will choke mentally and start getting pissed off.

Fed will get this in 3.

I love Stan, just that when I see him live, i'm gonna slap him once for not letting Fed win that MC final smiley

Jahu

Posts : 1693
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oz open prediction game - Day 9!

Post by bogbrush on Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:48 pm

NITB wrote:
bogbrush wrote:Woah! I never saw that!!

What legends (I mean duggietoo, for example). Thank God there were no questions from Wise_Analyst, Mediter, Dr_Sincere, Impartial_Lion etc.
I thought that was all the same person, was really funny!

I remember that at the time I was so obsessed with Nole I was actually secretly hoping Borg would say Djokovic was his favourite player at the time. Blush



Many of them were (not duggietoo).

Great days; totally unmoderated madhouse, for those of us who battled and lived to tell the tale all other argument in forums is childs play.

Speaking of which, I looked at 606v2 and it is DEAD. They killed it.

bogbrush

Posts : 819
Join date : 2015-03-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oz open prediction game - Day 9!

Post by Daniel on Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:52 pm

Of course they did.  They created a little echo chamber of spiteful, dull, unimaginative assholes like that dictator mod and "I support players because I am a Scot no matter what" Craig.

Good riddance.  ja606 is a much better forum anyway - not that i partake.

Daniel

Posts : 2756
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oz open prediction game - Day 9!

Post by Jahu on Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:21 pm

Last post on Tennis ja606 is on 20 November last year, not much there.

Jahu

Posts : 1693
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oz open prediction game - Day 9!

Post by Daniel on Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:52 pm

Shame that.  But snooker is what I look at smiley  The forum moderation is far better too. It hardly has any.

Anyway, I have just done some digging to see how much of a failure Monfailure really is and my god...

If I tallied it up right, against Fed, Djok, and Nadal - his combined total in slam wins is... 0

Yeah, he hasn't won a SINGLE match against any of them!  He is 0-12 in Slams

5-0 Fed
4-0 Djok
3-0 Nadal (13-2 overall)

USELESS.

Daniel

Posts : 2756
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oz open prediction game - Day 9!

Post by Lydian on Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:27 pm

Did someone mention my name ;-)

Lydian

Posts : 16
Join date : 2017-01-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oz open prediction game - Day 9!

Post by ... on Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:43 pm

bogbrush wrote:
NITB wrote:
bogbrush wrote:Woah! I never saw that!!

What legends (I mean duggietoo, for example). Thank God there were no questions from Wise_Analyst, Mediter, Dr_Sincere, Impartial_Lion etc.
I thought that was all the same person, was really funny!
I remember that at the time I was so obsessed with Nole I was actually secretly hoping Borg would say Djokovic was his favourite player at the time. Blush
Many of them were (not duggietoo).
[b[Great days; totally unmoderated madhouse, for those of us who battled and lived to tell the tale all other argument in forums is childs play.[/b]
Speaking of which, I looked at 606v2 and it is DEAD. They killed it.
Yes, original bbc 606 was great, because there were so many of us and moderating was invisible.
I never had any trouble at all, I suppose I must've been an exotic animal with my poster name....
To be a nole fan in the hayday of Fedal was rare.

There was some great winding up by anti-fed fans, they were all really funny, then there was a group of quite knowledgeable people and I learnt a lot from them.

It's a shame it all ended.

...

Posts : 24323
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oz open prediction game - Day 9!

Post by ... on Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:44 pm

Lydian wrote:Did someone mention my name ;-)

Hello Lydian!

Long time no see!
How are you? Still a Rafa fan?

I think Tenez has been missing you. Winking

...

Posts : 24323
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oz open prediction game - Day 9!

Post by luvsports! on Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:52 pm

Ha!

luvsports!

Posts : 3904
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oz open prediction game - Day 9!

Post by legendkillar on Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:47 am

bogbrush wrote:
legendkillar wrote:
bogbrush wrote:
Tenez wrote:Federer describing perfectly the situation with TDs slowing the courts down turning tennis matches into slugsfests.
I think they're panicking because they've had a glimpse of how tedious the sport will be once Federer goes, and we have Djokovic and especially Murray boring us to death, and are taking steps to improve it as a spectacle.

We know they were slowed especially to prevent a Federer monopoly and promote this rivalry with Nadal, now they realise - ironically because the same man is at a different stage of career - that they have to change them again.

Just a shame we were all deprived of years of amazing attacking tennis from the greatest player to pick up a racquet.

It's that sentence that does just irks me. I am not one for the fandimonium and it doesn't suit your sceptical posture on these boards and also maybe it's the Victor Meldrew in me that's comming out as for the most part I do enjoy your postings smiley. I think it's a tad presumptuous that it would've been a total ownership of the field (which he did for a while) and that no-one else can produce flair attacking tennis.

I hold Federer as the greatest tennis player that ever lived, but I don't believe he was the only one to be completely hindered by the homogenisation that kicked in.

There have been many sports that have tried to make the sport as generic and bland as they can possibly manage over the decades and like tennis, they get it totally wrong. Tapping into your business brain, you know monopolies are usually frowned upon, unless of course they establish a real need and become that necessary evil which is what I might see in what most see in Federer.

I don't think the tennis bodies know what they will do when Federer calls it a day. They sway from one extreme to the next and confidence in their ability to make the right decisions is beyond low.

This tournament has had both Murray and Djokovic lose early and have they been missed? No. However the coverage of those losses has been poor because no-one (from a media perspective) has come out to say the quality of the tennis produced by the remaining field is the direction tennis should head in. It's more of the loss of the top ranked players as adverse to the tennis left in the draw that's on display. The crime for me has been that tennis has relied on 'brand' The Big 4 if you will for all the wrong reasons and I think that has had a detrimental effect on how fans view the sport and a lot of quality players not attracting the eyes of viewers that it should do.

I know that's a wayward rant, but I've had an espresso and I am wired and eager!
I'm only saying that if you tilt the playing field over all those years into a direction favouring him that a few borderline results would have come the other way. Even through the caffeine that's not too controversial surely? smiley


No it's not, but for some reason it came through your post as if Federer is the biggest victim of this crime Winking

legendkillar

Posts : 1698
Join date : 2012-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oz open prediction game - Day 9!

Post by Lydian on Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:03 am

NITB wrote:
Lydian wrote:Did someone mention my name ;-)

Hello Lydian!

Long time no see!
How are you? Still a Rafa fan?

I think Tenez has been missing you. Winking
Ha, I'm sure he has and must be simply thrilled to see
me here! Still a Rafa fan but I don't post much these days, my son is a promising player so I spend more time on court, ferrying him around, etc, rather than being the armchair warrior I once got too focused on! I will add it's been great to see Federer playing so well and believe it or not I've been rooting for him to win his matches. Obviously not if he gets to play Rafa but against anyone else I'm keen for him to win through. I'm also enjoying seeing faster courts at AO too! I see Novak's head has gone west these days...

Lydian

Posts : 16
Join date : 2017-01-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oz open prediction game - Day 9!

Post by ... on Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:15 am

Good luck with your son, Lydian.

I admire all those chauffering parents I see in my club..at least you are living your dream for now Big Grin

Nole's battless are off court right now. Until he sorts those out, we won't be seeing his best.




...

Posts : 24323
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oz open prediction game - Day 9!

Post by Tenez on Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:14 pm

Welcome here Lydian, the gentle, self-moderated tennis forum, where only tennis really matters.

Tenez

Posts : 16477
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oz open prediction game - Day 9!

Post by bogbrush on Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:53 pm

Not at all legendkiller; the biggest victim of the crime was the tennis fan. Look at how excited people are at these faster conditions at the AO, we could have had this for the last 8 years during which time the maestro could have thrilled us even more than a Murray / Djokovic 5 hours slugfest.

bogbrush

Posts : 819
Join date : 2015-03-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oz open prediction game - Day 9!

Post by bogbrush on Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:55 pm

Tenez wrote:Welcome here Lydian, the gentle, self-moderated tennis forum, where only tennis really matters.
I see this site and 606v2 as the contrast between a libertarian environment inhabited by rational beings and a socialist state run for the benefit of the party. Little wonder which site I contribute to and which one I've not visited for close to a year and will never return to.

bogbrush

Posts : 819
Join date : 2015-03-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oz open prediction game - Day 9!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum