Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» How strong is Nadal mentally?
Today at 6:57 pm by luvsports!

» ATP 2017 500,250: Rio, Marseille, Delray
Today at 4:26 pm by Tenez

» The doping program joke of the ITF!!!
Today at 3:15 pm by legendkillar

» FA - Racism Row
Today at 11:04 am by legendkillar

» The left is eating itself apart...
Yesterday at 10:25 pm by Daniel

» 10 Years Ago...
Yesterday at 9:47 pm by Tenez

» ATP Masters 1000: Cincinnati
Yesterday at 10:19 am by legendkillar

» US OPEN 2017
Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:38 pm by Daniel

» Sharapova announces failed drug test
Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:53 pm by Jahu

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031   

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum


Things that annoyed me in 2016

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Things that annoyed me in 2016

Post by luvsports! on Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:04 am

Thoughts?
http://richard-mills-sports.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/things-that-got-my-goat-in-2016.html

luvsports!

Posts : 3933
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Things that annoyed me in 2016

Post by ... on Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:17 am

Hey brother!

Let me share some good news.

2016 is dead and buried. 

Pain is passe.

New era is upon us. I can literally feel it.

Halleluiah and at laaaast!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B_y4X-tz2qY

...

Posts : 24537
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Things that annoyed me in 2016

Post by Veejay on Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:45 am

2016 was definitely a year of serious change 
i wouldnt take the oscars too seriously,its an industry that rewards itself,racist?? i seriously doubt it...fake,pretentious and full of shit?? absolutely!!
all that glory bestowed on people who are just acting/pretending..it would be nice to see some of that appreciation go to the people who actually save lives or protect us on a daily basis

otherwise a well written piece...

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Things that annoyed me in 2016

Post by luvsports! on Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:07 pm

Ta Veejay. It is more because everyone throws out racist, sexist, misogynist etc these days when it does not merit it.
It is a way of shutting down debate and vilifying that person far and wide for not being part of their echo chamber.
I hate it. Political correctness for you.

luvsports!

Posts : 3933
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Things that annoyed me in 2016

Post by Veejay on Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:03 pm

luvsports! wrote:Ta Veejay. It is more because everyone throws out racist, sexist, misogynist etc these days when it does not merit it.
It is a way of shutting down debate and vilifying that person far and wide for not being part of their echo chamber.
I hate it. Political correctness for you.
i agree the pc brigade can be just as bad if not worse then the actual racists 
but at the same time it is hard to know where to draw the line without genuinely offending someone 
to me calling someone oriental is not a bad thing but some asian people take serious offence to that
if you really think about it,the pc names are just a nice way of racially differentiating or constantly making you aware of the difference all of the time... equally if someone was brought up to believe that there was nothing wrong with being called the "N" word they wouldnt be offended if you called them that

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Things that annoyed me in 2016

Post by legendkillar on Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:47 am

Thoughts?

You dwell too much! Winking 

I do understand your gripe about the Oscars racism issue. However, what annoyed me was a programme the Beeb ran in November I think it was about the odds of a black prime minister in the UK and it was the attitude of we won't have a black prime minister because of skin colour. Utter bollocks as usual.

For me though the annoying things:

1) Brexshit - I won't add anymore to this that hasn't already been said. Frankly one big mess.

2) US Presidential Election - Like above one big mess. Money talks and bullshit walks.

3) Strikes - Southern Rail/RMT - Cunts. BA - Cunts. Royal Mail - Cunts (Brace yourself for more strikes from them as it was announced yesterday they were reforming pensions linked to salary. Apparently their pension bill has risen from £400M pa to £1B!). Simply if you don't like the company you work for, go elsewhere! The rail strikes have been a farce. I hope the RMT get smashed. More disappointingly is the lack of activity from London businesses to support their workers who are still massively affected by this by pressuring the government and unions to reach an agreement.

4) Dead Celebrity Love Affair - It's a sad world we live in when the average Joe Bloggs writes more on social media about the death of a celebrity than they would someone they know or love. Certainly triggered my exodus off the social media platform.

5) Climate Change - The last winter saw 80% of UK wildlife numbers affected by the unusually warm winter which triggered animals to come out of hibernation early and find no food source. Ecosystems are being wrecked by the unusual winters the UK has been experiencing.

6) Doping in Sport - The white elephant in the room that Sport so conveniently continues to ignore.

legendkillar

Posts : 1827
Join date : 2012-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Things that annoyed me in 2016

Post by Veejay on Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:33 pm

legendkillar wrote:Thoughts?

You dwell too much! Winking 

I do understand your gripe about the Oscars racism issue. However, what annoyed me was a programme the Beeb ran in November I think it was about the odds of a black prime minister in the UK and it was the attitude of we won't have a black prime minister because of skin colour. Utter bollocks as usual.

For me though the annoying things:

1) Brexshit - I won't add anymore to this that hasn't already been said. Frankly one big mess.

2) US Presidential Election - Like above one big mess. Money talks and bullshit walks.

3) Strikes - Southern Rail/RMT - Cunts. BA - Cunts. Royal Mail - Cunts (Brace yourself for more strikes from them as it was announced yesterday they were reforming pensions linked to salary. Apparently their pension bill has risen from £400M pa to £1B!). Simply if you don't like the company you work for, go elsewhere! The rail strikes have been a farce. I hope the RMT get smashed. More disappointingly is the lack of activity from London businesses to support their workers who are still massively affected by this by pressuring the government and unions to reach an agreement.

4) Dead Celebrity Love Affair - It's a sad world we live in when the average Joe Bloggs writes more on social media about the death of a celebrity than they would someone they know or love. Certainly triggered my exodus off the social media platform.

5) Climate Change - The last winter saw 80% of UK wildlife numbers affected by the unusually warm winter which triggered animals to come out of hibernation early and find no food source. Ecosystems are being wrecked by the unusual winters the UK has been experiencing.

6) Doping in Sport - The white elephant in the room that Sport so conveniently continues to ignore.
the strikes are damn annoying and it seems like we will be having a lot of of that in 2017  Grr Grr
doping in sport,too sensitive a subject and too much a taboo in certain sports 
no one in tennis even wants to raise the topic let alone discuss it

i dont know what t believe re climate change...some say its a hoax others not..who to believe?

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Things that annoyed me in 2016

Post by legendkillar on Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:57 am

Climate Change is often subject to scepticism purely because the numbers are on the small scale. For example because the planet's temperature last year was a record as it was 1oC above the global average. To some that sounds minute, however that 1oC has an enormous effect. I think it was the early 00's (IIRC) in where in the coral in the great barrier reef changed colour to white and that was because it had died because the waters had increased by 0.7oC or something small in temperature and that had a massive impact on the ecosystems around it.

Taking into account the fact some parts of the planet experienced a cooling last year, it still managed globally to be a record high for average temperatures. I am a believer in the impact it has, however I have reservations over the causes.

legendkillar

Posts : 1827
Join date : 2012-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Things that annoyed me in 2016

Post by Veejay on Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:07 pm

i believe that life on our planet evolves and adapts to its surroundings or climate
the force of nature is so strong and powerful,its hard to imagine something impacting it,however im also not one to believe that that just gives us the right to pollute the earth.even if global warming is hypothetically a hoax,what is so wrong with making a concerted effort to take better care of our planet? 
this is what i cant understand for those who trumpet that global warming is just a hoax to tax us on the air that we breather

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Things that annoyed me in 2016

Post by legendkillar on Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:19 pm

I agree that the planet or want for a better spiritual term "Mother Nature" evens itself out. There have been massive Climate Changing events in the planet's past. One point the planet was un-habitable due to the sheer heat of the planet and the toxic and poisonous gasses it was admitting but also other extreme events such as the ice ages.

I do admit there is a high level of hysteria behind this, more from our sheer desire to survive and keep on evolving.

One thing to remember is that the Earth is what over 4 billion years old. You don't last that long without having some insane durability. Not sure Climate Change will end the planet itself. Just us.

legendkillar

Posts : 1827
Join date : 2012-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Things that annoyed me in 2016

Post by Veejay on Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:51 pm

the argument of global warming and using up the world's natural recourses at an unsustainable rate is too often entwined 
its the doom and gloom end of the world fear mongering that seems to rub people up the wrong way
also having celebrities preach to us about CO2 emissions while they are jetting around the world performing at massive gigs that could power a small town for a week that makes the whole save the earth/global warming effort look hypocritical

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Things that annoyed me in 2016

Post by legendkillar on Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:53 am

Climate Change is right to cause concern as the impact on food source itself is massive. It depends on understanding of the wider impact. Not saying your not well informed, but ever so slight increases in temperature cause a wide range of impacts which is like a small pebble being thrown into the lake, but it's the ripples that cause the greater impacts.

I do agree there is too much over-emphasis on man made causes, however the increases in the global temperatures can't be reversed by man made cause alone.

legendkillar

Posts : 1827
Join date : 2012-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Things that annoyed me in 2016

Post by Veejay on Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:24 am

legendkillar wrote:Climate Change is right to cause concern as the impact on food source itself is massive. It depends on understanding of the wider impact. Not saying your not well informed, but ever so slight increases in temperature cause a wide range of impacts which is like a small pebble being thrown into the lake, but it's the ripples that cause the greater impacts.

I do agree there is too much over-emphasis on man made causes, however the increases in the global temperatures can't be reversed by man made cause alone.
that is definitely a link but i think for the most part climate change and using the world natural resources at an unsustainable rate i believe are 2 different arguments
i think that oil/energy/gas is mostly the cause of that cause people relate the world running out of oil or using fuel,gas and energy the way we do to the damage it causes the environment and the ozone layer

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Things that annoyed me in 2016

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum