Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» ATP Masters 1000: Cincinnati
Today at 2:51 am by summerblues

» 10 Years Ago...
Yesterday at 9:16 pm by Tenez

» How strong is Nadal mentally?
Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:54 pm by Tenez

» US OPEN 2017
Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:38 pm by Daniel

» Sharapova announces failed drug test
Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:53 pm by Jahu

» Will Federer and Nadal Finally Meet At The US Open?
Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:45 am by Daniel

» Canadian Masters 1000
Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:27 am by legendkillar

» Another record for Federer coming up?
Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:46 pm by Daniel

» The doping program joke of the ITF!!!
Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:51 pm by legendkillar

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031   

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum


Lessons to be learned from the US election

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lessons to be learned from the US election

Post by luvsports! on Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:38 pm

Feedback welcome!
http://richard-mills-sports.blogspot.com/2016/11/lessons-to-be-learned-from-us-election.html

luvsports!

Posts : 3932
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lessons to be learned from the US election

Post by Veejay on Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:57 pm

i totally agre with the part of scrapping the electorial college vote 
how can trump become president when hilary got the most votes?
that doesnt seem very democratic to me

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lessons to be learned from the US election

Post by luvsports! on Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:42 pm

Ha. Does that mean the rest of it, not so much?

luvsports!

Posts : 3932
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lessons to be learned from the US election

Post by DECIMA on Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:59 am

GREAT ARTICLE, I READ ALL OF IT AND AGREED WITH ALL OF IT.

DECIMA

Posts : 4241
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lessons to be learned from the US election

Post by DECIMA on Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:01 am

Just one word of caution, if Democrats do swing to populist left like Bernie, they have to be careful to still remain pragmatic and ensure policies are realistic and wouldn't be counter productive.
And must get money out of politics!

DECIMA

Posts : 4241
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lessons to be learned from the US election

Post by Tenez on Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:42 am

Its a great article if one is for Hilary.....but frankly how can one be for Hilary? Besides "Trump is a horrible person"' , please make an article on how Hilary would have been better and why? Cause frankly as much as i had some hope with Obama, which never materialised, I could not see how a person who systematically voted for all those awful wars could have been any better that someone who at least at first sight was against those wars.

This is what puzzles me amongst this youth which pretends to have moral high ground by voting Hilary. The basic most important  facts are ignored. By voting Hilary you are voting like GW Bush and the neocons....and then you are calling the trump side "racist, misogynist, etc...."?

Cant you see the joke? The Middle East and the millions of dead people cant see it either.

Tenez

Posts : 16636
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lessons to be learned from the US election

Post by luvsports! on Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:29 am

DONALD TRUMP wrote:Just one word of caution, if Democrats do swing to populist left like Bernie, they have to be careful to still remain pragmatic and ensure policies are realistic and wouldn't be counter productive.
And must get money out of politics!

Agreed.
Something $hillary didn't want.

luvsports!

Posts : 3932
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lessons to be learned from the US election

Post by luvsports! on Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:33 am

Tenez wrote:Its a great article if one is for Hilary.....but frankly how can one be for Hilary? Besides "Trump is a horrible person"' , please make an article on how Hilary would have been better and why? Cause frankly as much as i had some hope with Obama, which never materialised, I could not see how a person who systematically voted for all those awful wars could have been any better that someone who at least at first sight was against those wars.

This is what puzzles me amongst this youth which pretends to have moral high ground by voting Hilary. The basic most important  facts are ignored. By voting Hilary you are voting like GW Bush and the neocons....and then you are calling the trump side "racist, misogynist, etc...."?

Cant you see the joke? The Middle East and the millions of dead people cant see it either.

I take on your points but I really think you are mischaracterizing me. 
The whole point was not to do an in-depth thing as to why they are awful. This is about moving forward.
I could list a lorry load of things I hate about Clinton but that wasn't the point of the article.
I was a Bernie fan. 
Btw, Trump was for the Iraq War too. 
Don't you see that I say not to call the other side those buzzwords? I think you are strawman-ing me.


Last edited by luvsports! on Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:31 am; edited 1 time in total

luvsports!

Posts : 3932
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lessons to be learned from the US election

Post by legendkillar on Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:45 am

Scrap the 2 party system!

legendkillar

Posts : 1818
Join date : 2012-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lessons to be learned from the US election

Post by Tenez on Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:54 am

DONALD TRUMP wrote:Just one word of caution, if Democrats do swing to populist left like Bernie, they have to be careful to still remain pragmatic and ensure policies are realistic and wouldn't be counter productive.
And must get money out of politics!

Oh Nice. We shoudl also invest in pills of wisdom and cars to run on water instead of petrol! erm

Tenez

Posts : 16636
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lessons to be learned from the US election

Post by ... on Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:00 am

Tenez wrote:
DONALD TRUMP wrote:Just one word of caution, if Democrats do swing to populist left like Bernie, they have to be careful to still remain pragmatic and ensure policies are realistic and wouldn't be counter productive.
And must get money out of politics!

Oh Nice. We shoudl also invest in pills of wisdom and cars to run on water instead of petrol! erm
Laugh

And while we are at it - let's give peace a chaaaaance!

...

Posts : 24529
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lessons to be learned from the US election

Post by Tenez on Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:04 am

luvsports! wrote:
I take on your points but I really think you are characterizing me. 
It's not about you but your ideas at a given time. Your views may change with time, yourself won't.
The whole point was not to do an in-depth thing as to why they are awful. This is about moving forward.
I could list a lorry load of things I hate about Clinton but that wasn't the point of the article. 
The point was not clear cause out of the two evil it transpires in your article that you preferred Clinton over Trump which was the final choice the americans had.
Btw, Trump was for the Iraq War too. 
Not surprised.

The point is whoever is going to take over the destinity of those 350 million people will also have to manage the trillions of debts, a declining economy, a polluting industry and the ongoing wars as well as the new ones.

Not an easy job when you have 300 million stomacs to feed....and we know they have a big appetite over there.

Tenez

Posts : 16636
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lessons to be learned from the US election

Post by Veejay on Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:23 am

luvsports! wrote:
Tenez wrote:Its a great article if one is for Hilary.....but frankly how can one be for Hilary? Besides "Trump is a horrible person"' , please make an article on how Hilary would have been better and why? Cause frankly as much as i had some hope with Obama, which never materialised, I could not see how a person who systematically voted for all those awful wars could have been any better that someone who at least at first sight was against those wars.

This is what puzzles me amongst this youth which pretends to have moral high ground by voting Hilary. The basic most important  facts are ignored. By voting Hilary you are voting like GW Bush and the neocons....and then you are calling the trump side "racist, misogynist, etc...."?

Cant you see the joke? The Middle East and the millions of dead people cant see it either.

I take on your points but I really think you are characterizing me. 
The whole point was not to do an in-depth thing as to why they are awful. This is about moving forward.
I could list a lorry load of things I hate about Clinton but that wasn't the point of the article.
I was a Bernie fan. 
Btw, Trump was for the Iraq War too. 
Don't you see that I say not to call the other side those buzzwords? I think you are strawman-ing me.
glad you pointed that out,but in tenez and NITB's minds Hilary Clinton is the one and only politician/person EVER who has been pro war even though she never started one cause she was never the president of the united states  erm

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lessons to be learned from the US election

Post by luvsports! on Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:32 am

Ah well, you can't please everyone.

Not writing another blog though ha.

luvsports!

Posts : 3932
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lessons to be learned from the US election

Post by Veejay on Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:13 am

luvsports! wrote:Ah well, you can't please everyone.

Not writing another blog though ha.
so you wrote that article? 
i thought it was by someone else
well hats off to you luvsport,its really good,many good points made and i agree with a lot of what you said!

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lessons to be learned from the US election

Post by luvsports! on Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:31 am

Cheers Vee.

luvsports!

Posts : 3932
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lessons to be learned from the US election

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum