Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
What Is Going On With Novak Djokovic? - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
What Is Going On With Novak Djokovic? - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
What Is Going On With Novak Djokovic? - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
What Is Going On With Novak Djokovic? - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
What Is Going On With Novak Djokovic? - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
What Is Going On With Novak Djokovic? - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
What Is Going On With Novak Djokovic? - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
What Is Going On With Novak Djokovic? - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
What Is Going On With Novak Djokovic? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

What Is Going On With Novak Djokovic?

+11
Tenez
N2D2L
BlueClay
Slippy
luvsports!
Jahu
AceofDeath
bogbrush
legendkillar
gallery play
Veejay
15 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

What Is Going On With Novak Djokovic? - Page 3 Empty Re: What Is Going On With Novak Djokovic?

Post by Veejay Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:52 pm

BlueClay wrote:
Veejay wrote:
summerblues wrote:But really, what is going on with the man?  It is just so bizarre to see his form collapse so quickly.  He had some injury issues; were they big enough to cause all this?

Or could it be the subconscious lack of drive after the RG (I doubt it because he seemed to be so ready to chase the Fed's slam haul that I do not think his motivation would have been a problem)?

Any issues with coaching should not cause this much trouble.

Very bizarre.
maybe its true what NITB is claiming,perhaps he really was caught and has reverted to the player he would be without the edge
I'm not so sure about the marital problems,if that would have such a significant impact or drop in form
It's not true. Come on!
he has been really sub par since his loss at Wimbledon... but if its not true then why would NITB say that?
where does she get her information from?
or is it just to excuse his recent drop in form?

Veejay

Back to top Go down

What Is Going On With Novak Djokovic? - Page 3 Empty Re: What Is Going On With Novak Djokovic?

Post by gallery play Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:30 pm

Tenez wrote:Did you watch Djoko lose to Cilic GP? I don;t think his mouvement is up to what it was earlier this year. His serve is certainly not as consistent and his groundstroke shots were quite poor....and despite that it was a pretty close match versus an avearge cilic.

No, i haven't but he had to face a bad phase sometime. Every player has to.
I still expect him to regroup during off season and come back strong in Australia though.

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:10 pm

I agree. I expect him to come back....however It won't be like before. To me Murray has also improved and the youngsters(ish) are going to make everybody's life tougher.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:12 pm

Weird however how this domination came to an end so quickly. He had so much more points than anybody else. But like Nadal and Murray, though he was winning everything his game was never much better than any other player. Just more more consistent.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:35 pm

gallery play wrote:
Tenez wrote:Did you watch Djoko lose to Cilic GP? I don;t think his mouvement is up to what it was earlier this year. His serve is certainly not as consistent and his groundstroke shots were quite poor....and despite that it was a pretty close match versus an avearge cilic.

No, i haven't but he had to face a bad phase sometime. Every player has to.
I still expect him to regroup during off season and come back strong in Australia though.

I have and there was nothing wrong with him.

Cilic outhit him and Nole allowed it because choked when serving for the second set.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:37 pm

summerblues wrote:   But really, what is going on with the man?  It is just so bizarre to see his form collapse so quickly.  He had some injury issues; were they big enough to cause all this?

Or could it be the subconscious lack of drive after the RG (I doubt it because he seemed to be so ready to chase the Fed's slam haul that I do not think his motivation would have been a problem)?

Very bizarre.  

Well at least you recognise something is wrong, that's a good start.

If I can put it in a nutshell...he blinked...simply wasn't up for the task.
But hats off for all he has achieved. Applause

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:11 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
summerblues wrote:   But really, what is going on with the man?  It is just so bizarre to see his form collapse so quickly.  He had some injury issues; were they big enough to cause all this?

Very bizarre.  

Well at least you recognise something is wrong, that's a good start.

If I can put it in a nutshell...he blinked...simply wasn't up for the task.
But hats off for all he has achieved. Applause
so what is it,that he wasn't up to the task or that he was caught like Sharapova? erm

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:41 pm

It looks like he won't be playing in Miami due to an ongoing elbow injury.

http://sport.blic.rs/tenis/povreda-lakta-djokovic-ne-igra-u-majamiju/93sw11x

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:11 pm

Well there's another 1000 points gone up in smoke.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:33 pm

Read is here: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2660032-novak-djokovic-withdraws-from-miami-open-with-elbow-injury

I'm not sure how much serious is this injury. He looked fine in the 3 tournaments he played this year. But I'm not certain, players sometime keep playing though injuries.

I think he mostly needs some time off tennis. His confidence is low and he is losing composure in big moments. 

Nobody but Murray is going to be happiest with this news. He is now likely to stay #1 post wimbledon too unless he screws up completely ( he is quite capable of it)

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:53 am

The mystery continues....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/42512255

Friends and family, I am terribly disappointed that I am forced to withdraw from the Mubadala World Tennis Championship. Unfortunately, in the past few days I started to feel pain in the elbow and after several tests, my medical team has advised me not to risk anything, to withdraw from the tournament and to immediately continue with the therapies.
I am very sad because I was eager to return to playing official matches. I enjoyed the practices and everything I did to get ready for the start of the season, including the tournament in Abu Dhabi, where I always enjoy playing. Now I need to accept this situation, and to wait for the results of the therapies, in order to start playing tennis again and getting back to full rhythm.
This might affect the start of the season and the tournament plan, but the decision will be made in the following days.”

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:08 pm

To me, this is beginning to sound like a real bad injury and it is consistent eith the drop of his form, losses to people he never used to lose to and the eventual calling it a day after Wimbledon.

And it looks like the break was nit long enough, more like he needs to take another season off completely.

Problem is the sponsors.

This all will of ciurse give Nadal wings, even with his dodgy knee.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:27 pm

Obviously he doesn't care for tennis any more, trains hard 2 months, then pulls out before first match, just trying to keep sponsors and appearence money flowing, total bullshitter.

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:06 pm

I didn't realise he trained at all, let alone hard.
And especially not for two months.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:59 pm

noleisthebest wrote:To me, this is beginning to sound like a real bad injury and it is consistent eith the drop of his form, losses to people he never used to lose to and the eventual calling it a day after Wimbledon.

And it looks like the break was nit long enough, more like he needs to take another season off completely.

Problem is the sponsors.

This all will of ciurse give Nadal wings, even with his dodgy knee.

If anything I am surprised he did not develop an elbow problem earlier. I have always said that Djoko uses a lot of wrist in his shots and that's bad for the elbow. But overall his shots are not smooth. Nadal uses much more power than Djoko but he throws his racquet into the ball so the racket takes all the shock...without his team Djoko would have had a tennis ellbow a long time ago.

real shame though but it is essentially a technique issue.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:38 am

Check his FB or Instashit or whatever he uses, pics with that new journalist/expert he hired and his pics with Stepanek, Agassi etc in Monaco. 

2 days ago at tournament interview he says Im ready to be at the top, i'm back, next day he quits, how? 

Now he quit Doha too.

Anyway nitb, you are a Fed fan now, so only me following Djoko now  Big Grin

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:49 am

Tenez wrote:
If anything I am surprised he did not develop an elbow problem earlier.
From what I know he’s had that problem since AO 16...and still managed to beat Murray and win RG the same year.
Tenez wrote:
I have always said that Djoko uses a lot of wrist in his shots and that's bad for the elbow.
It is, esp if you don’t have a massive bicep like Nadal to sustain the spin, so you then have to generate the power by taking the ball early like he did and control his shots  iwith that wristy movement.
Tenez wrote: But overall his shots are not smooth. Nadal uses much more power than Djoko but he throws his racquet into the ball so the racket takes all the shock...
Not sure about that.
Nadal was taking the ball extremely late, which is why he could  bash it as hard as his bicep wanted.
As soon as he came closer to the baseline. Nadal started having wrist problems...
Tenez wrote:
without his team Djoko would have had a tennis ellbow a long time ago.
At least he didn’t use plasma and stem cell treatment.
Tenez wrote:
real shame though but it is essentially a technique issue.
Such a un-you comment there...
Have you buried him already?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:52 am

Jahu wrote:Check his FB or Instashit or whatever he uses, pics with that new journalist/expert he hired and his pics with Stepanek, Agassi etc in Monaco. 

2 days ago at tournament interview he says Im ready to be at the top, i'm back, next day he quits, how? 

Now he quit Doha too.

Anyway nitb, you are a Fed fan now, so only me following Djoko now  Big Grin
But Yahoo,

Facebook etc is for the masses and ultimately sponsors.

You should switch to reading that invisible white space between the lines.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:52 am

Exactly what i said, he is just trying to keep sponsors money coming with fake pics and interviews, when he obviously is not ready to play, Lacoste must be crying hahah.

Fed to take RG this year too  Laugh

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum