Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Novak - What Is Going On With Novak Djokovic? EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Novak - What Is Going On With Novak Djokovic? EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Novak - What Is Going On With Novak Djokovic? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Novak - What Is Going On With Novak Djokovic? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Novak - What Is Going On With Novak Djokovic? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Novak - What Is Going On With Novak Djokovic? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Novak - What Is Going On With Novak Djokovic? EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Novak - What Is Going On With Novak Djokovic? EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Novak - What Is Going On With Novak Djokovic? EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

What Is Going On With Novak Djokovic?

+11
Tenez
N2D2L
BlueClay
Slippy
luvsports!
Jahu
AceofDeath
bogbrush
legendkillar
gallery play
Veejay
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Novak - What Is Going On With Novak Djokovic? Empty What Is Going On With Novak Djokovic?

Post by noleisthebest Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:17 pm

OK, we've done the crying thread Wah

Now is time for a new question.

This is what World Number One had to say at 29, in the year in which he held all 4 slams:

======================================================

I don’t want to think about winning titles and being the number one any more in order to avoid putting pressure on myself.
I put too much pressure on myself after winning this year’s Roland Garros and I didn’t like it.
I always enjoyed tennis and relished the game away from tournaments too but in the last few months, all the talk about making history has brought too much pressure.
It doesn’t mean I no longer want to contribute to the sport but I also don’t want to keep on playing just for the sake of winning titles.”

=================================================================

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/winning-grand-slams-no-longer-priority-says-djokovic-142056181--sow.html

So, he does not care for slams and glory any more....even Becker's job may be on the line.

That is very hard for me to believe, but at the same it's not.

I know how ambitious he is, but it seems he has has taken stock of all that's happened in the last year and realised he cannot go down the same road again.

Or..the conspiracy theory that he is not allowed to do it. Cits well with what my LTA friend told me.

All in all something doesn't quite add up...it's a bit strange.

What do you think?

Novak - What Is Going On With Novak Djokovic? Djo-reuters-759

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Novak - What Is Going On With Novak Djokovic? Empty Re: What Is Going On With Novak Djokovic?

Post by Veejay Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:25 pm

i think that holding all 4 majors and finally completing the career grand slam has left him feeling -well where do i go from here?
when you achieve what youve wanted to achieve,youre often left feeling underwhelmed and then theres the big question mark...ive worked my whole life for this and ive achieved it so where do i go from here..
he needs a new goal to work towards
great success requires great sacrifice,he may be feeling that the sacrifice wasnt worth the achievement i.e he feels that theres more to life then tennis,thats often the case if your life revolves around nothing else
a break from everything could reignite his passion for playing the game 
its easy to take your love for the game for granted if you feel that youve achieved everything youve wanted to in you career

Last edited by Veejay on Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Novak - What Is Going On With Novak Djokovic? Empty Re: What Is Going On With Novak Djokovic?

Post by noleisthebest Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:29 pm

Yes, but look at everyone else: Nadal, especially Federer, they are so hungry and they achieved more.

To be fair to Nole he is under more pressure than those two as he is also ambassador for the country and does a lot in the background to attract businesses and foreign capital...it all costs him, takes time and its toll.

He must be burnt out from that side at least.

I just find it hard to belive he is not hungry any more.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:41 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Yes, but look at everyone else: Nadal, especially Federer, they are so hungry and they achieved more.

To be fair to Nole he is under more pressure than those two as he is also ambassador for the country and does a lot in the background to attract businesses and foreign capital...it all costs him, takes time and its toll.

He must be burnt out from that side at least.

I just find it hard to belive he is not hungry any more.
possibly...
federer is a very very unique case,i dont think that there has ever been anyone like him before,i think that he has also been very fortunate to not have any outside influences impact his passion for the game 
this is pretty much the first time he has had to deal with an injury that had him sidelined 
he is loved everywhere he goes and the media are very rarely critical of him
if i read how wonderful i was in the paper everyday and was literally worshipped everywhere i go,i probably wouldnt find it hard to stay motivated either 
rafael nadal doesnt seem anywhere near as motivated now in the twilight of his career as what he was trying to over take roger as world no1 
i think that you can become bored with winning,the thrill and buzz you get can eventually become less
it could also be that djokovic feels like not enough appreciation has gone into what he achieved,cause if that were federer or nadal it would have been seen far more significant

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:47 pm

I think Nole is as hungry as Fed, they are two of a kind when it comes to ambition.

I agree, Fed gets more reward and it must make a difference somewhere.,,

Anyway, here is the full interview...in Serbian, sorry, I am too tired and still under flu to translate it, google translation should be ok.

I still can't make my mind up what's going on...

http://sport.blic.rs/tenis/potpuno-otvoreno-djokovic-prvo-mesto-nije-vise-moj-prioritet-stefana-ne-forsiram-da/rnykzp4

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:58 pm

it may also be a good idea to change coaches...if you feel like youve learned everything that you can from one person then its probably time to move onto someone else who can teach you some new things 
i think that all athletes go through phases like this where they feel that they have no motivation or inspiration and their passion goes out the window
listening to serenas coach patirck,its very obvious that thats the case with her where he needs to do a lot of psychological motivation to keep the dream alive
djokovic hasnt seemed very happy this year,his marital problems could be the reason for his lackluster drive for success

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:08 pm

Yes, it looks like he may part with Becker.
It was a good partnership while it lasted.

In the interview he said:
"Lfe is too short"

And that's coming from a 29 year old. 
It ain't easy being at the top. Especially for someone emotional like him.

He must have had enough of the whole circus niw that he has done a full circle inside it.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:25 pm

noleisthebest wrote:OK, we've done the crying thread Wah

Euh.....no we haven't. I still don't know why he cried in that olympic match....not that I care but I must say it much ado about nothing.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:14 pm

Nole needs a decent meal: nice juicy steak, fresh crusty gluten-rich baguette, beer, wine...and then reprat.
And send his wife on some cruize with no wi-fi.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:21 pm

Maybe it's this!!! Yikes

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:25 am

What's going on with Djoko? He was/is after a record which is terribly hard to break. He must be having sleepless nights about it. Just like Federer once had. In an endeavor to become the goat, blood, sweat and tears will be shed. It's not meant to be a walk in the park.

However: Both Djoko and NAdal can be proud of what they did, they're both gigantic overachievers.

And yes, he should get rid of Becker. He's the one who's burning Djoko out.

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:36 am

gallery play wrote:What's going on with Djoko? He was/is after a record which is terribly hard to break. He must be having sleepless nights about it. Just like Federer once had. In an endeavor to become the goat, blood, sweat and tears will be shed. It's not meant to be a walk in the park.

However: Both Djoko and NAdal can be proud of what they did, they're both gigantic overachievers.

I agree!

In the beginning, I thought Becker was good for him, and he was...he toughened him a bit,even if it was onky skin deep... improved his volleying and serve...but now he is like a Devil who has come for his due...as if Nole neds to work for Becker's glory.

Despite his phenomenal resolve, Nole is a softie...total opposite from Becker.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:24 am

noleisthebest wrote:
gallery play wrote:What's going on with Djoko? He was/is after a record which is terribly hard to break. He must be having sleepless nights about it. Just like Federer once had. In an endeavor to become the goat, blood, sweat and tears will be shed. It's not meant to be a walk in the park.

I agree!

In the beginning, I thought Becker was good for him, and he was...he toughened him a bit,even if it was onky skin deep... improved his volleying and serve...but now he is like a Devil who has come for his due...as if Nole neds to work for Becker's glory.

Despite his phenomenal resolve, Nole is a softie...total opposite from Becker.

i think that becker coaching him has become far more about beckers legacy then novaks
the glory and credit is wanted by becker far more then novak
i also think beckers feels that he is living precariously through novak and is making up for everything that he failed to achieve in his own career

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:24 pm

Yes, Becker has a very big persona, a heavy presence.

I can imagine silence with him not being pleasant...and that's what must be happening now.

As GP said, it's sweat, blood and tears when you are trying to rewrite history.

If it was easy everyone would do it...so Nole has definitely hit some wall somewhere to publicly come out with this statement.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:11 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Yes, Becker has a very big persona, a heavy presence.

Not for me. he looks like a comic with a big ego and dirty behaviour.

certainly not someone who impresses me in any way.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:05 pm

He's getting older and also losing his aura.  As predicted.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:18 am

Daniel wrote:He's getting older and also losing his aura.  As predicted.

Murray is a week older and busting at seams to catch him at number one, so it's not the age.

Aura?!!!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:34 am

Murray isn't trying to play lights out tennis (because he can't) and doesn't have so many points to defend. A very different situation.  Nole isn't able to keep up that level he had anymore.  Like Nadal can't. Like Federer can't.  It's ta ta for Nole winning Slams soon too.

You can keep saying it isn't age all you want - the result is the same. Djokovic's days of winning everything is over - and soon he won't be winning slams either.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:34 am

Daniel wrote:Murray isn't trying to play lights out tennis (because he can't) and doesn't have so many points to defend. A very different situation.  Nole isn't able to keep up that level he had anymore.  Like Nadal can't. Like Federer can't.  It's ta ta for Nole winning Slams soon too.

You can keep saying it isn't age all you want - the result is the same. Djokovic's days of winning everything is over - and soon he won't be winning slams either.

Well obviously he is going to slow down after 10 years of relentless competition at the very top.
But that doesn't explain why he suddenly doesn't care for number one and slams.

He is still too young to say stg like that.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:53 pm

But whoever will knock Djpkp down won't be as good as peak Djoko who in turn was not as good as peak Nadal who is turn won't be as good as peak Federer who is turn won't be as good as peak Sampras...so ..

For FK, the best player is of course lacoste. 

Thanks Daniel. I actually agree with you! The real debate is between Borotra or Lacoste.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:03 am

Think HMM on 606 coined a very good phrase in relation to this when at the time he felt Djokovic's struggles around 2012/2013 when he used this Rocky phrase:

"The worst thing that happened to you, that can happen to any fighter: you got civilized."

I think this has happened to Djokovic now. Since that French Open win. Ambition has run dry. How do you top that crowning achievement? That has been his last goal of the last 2 years and finally reaching that. Think the hunger has gone.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:48 am

legendkillar wrote:Think HMM on 606 coined a very good phrase in relation to this when at the time he felt Djokovic's struggles around 2012/2013 when he used this Rocky phrase:

"The worst thing that happened to you, that can happen to any fighter: you got civilized."

I think this has happened to Djokovic now. Since that French Open win. Ambition has run dry. How do you top that crowning achievement? That has been his last goal of the last 2 years and finally reaching that. Think the hunger has gone.

he, he...

only a westerner could come up with such a theory...do you really think you can "civilize" this:

Novak - What Is Going On With Novak Djokovic? Serbia's-Novak-Djokovic

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:20 am

noleisthebest wrote:
legendkillar wrote:Think HMM on 606 coined a very good phrase in relation to this when at the time he felt Djokovic's struggles around 2012/2013 when he used this Rocky phrase:

he, he...

only a westerner could come up with such a theory...do you really think you can "civilize" this:

Novak - What Is Going On With Novak Djokovic? Serbia's-Novak-Djokovic

Indeed you can. I know we can produce celebrations of passion in the moment, however when you look at sustaining motivation over a course of time, difficult to replicate the passion of said moment.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:56 am

It's not about celebration, or motivation...just pressure in my opinion.

He doesn't want pressure now that he is injured.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:24 am

It's not even pressure. You'd be kidding yourself if you think that he doesn't think he is the best player in the world right now. That's how guys like him stay at the top.

He's helped by a chasing pack that doesn't have the same self belief he possesses right now.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:04 am

It must be so boring travelling the Workd, playing the sane tedious type of tennis day after day.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:59 am

LOL! Yep...and seeing the crowd almost always supporting the opposition.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:47 pm

Tenez wrote:LOL! Yep...and seeing the crowd almost always supporting the opposition.
Tennis fans around the world can now breathe a sigh of relief and enjoy the lovely new number one.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofDeath Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:55 pm

Novak's BP conversion was on Federer's level

Saved only 1 of 5 BP's today too..!

AceofDeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:41 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Tenez wrote:LOL! Yep...and seeing the crowd almost always supporting the opposition.
Tennis fans around the world can now breathe a sigh of relief  and enjoy the lovely new number one.
Same game to me though I must say Djoko appears more friendly to me than Murray. I only watch them both hoping they lose.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:23 pm

I think his wife is getting 51% of his wealth, the son and the Monaco apt.

But she will not be able to write a biography of them for at least next 10 years.

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:49 pm

Jahu wrote:I think his wife is getting 51% of his wealth, the son and the Monaco apt.

But she will not be able to write a biography of them for at least next 10 years.
Seriously? That would be enough to distract me!

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:18 pm

bogbrush wrote:
Jahu wrote:I think his wife is getting 51% of his wealth, the son and the Monaco apt.

Seriously? That would be enough to distract me!
I'd consider it a bargain.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:28 pm

Why?

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:28 pm

49% with peace and quiet is priceless.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:17 am

I wonder if Nole will ask for a WC for Basel/Vienna. If he wants to keep number one that would be an easy and logical decision.

Anything else is suspicious.

ps
Though, he seems to have lost the plot - gone vegan, eating only "raw" food, feeling "great"... all courtesy of his idiotic wife.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:50 am

It is an interesting thought. However, does he need to flog himself to death with Paris and the WTF coming up? Will still retain Number 1 if he wins those events.

Be interested to see how he fares at the AO.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:05 am

If he is fit and healthy three weeks should not be a problem.

Murray has been playing even250 events, that's how desperate he is!!!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:10 am

Well its opportune moment for Murray. Career based on seizing opportunities (not so much reflected in his record at Slams) but he is smelling blood.

If Murray does dethrone Djokovic, I don't see it being long term. If Murray was to get Number 1 post IW, I could easily see him lose it post Wimbledon.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:23 am

I have just checked, Murray has played 74 and Nole 66 matches in 2016 so far.

So 12 matchess less for Nole despite going all the way in most big tournaments he played.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:35 am

Think the Wimbledon result was a massive. However, Murray made some significant gains. Bettered his Slam performances this year than last. Also the Masters events. Djokovic won 6 and made 2 finals last year! This year won 4 and made 1 final.

Paris will be interesting.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:16 pm

Hiw many masters did Murray win?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:00 pm

Thus far 2 this year with 2 runner ups.

Murray has had more gains this year than last. Whereas Djokovic I think it's the Wimbledon loss in terms of points has hurt the most.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:03 pm

legendkillar wrote:Thus far 2 this year with 2 runner ups.

Murray has had more gains this year than last. Whereas Djokovic I think it's the Wimbledon loss in terms of points has hurt the most.
But that's my point.
Despite playing 12 matches more than Nole, Murray is still 500 points behind him in the race.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:12 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
legendkillar wrote:Thus far 2 this year with 2 runner ups.

But that's my point.
Despite playing 12 matches more than Nole, Murray is still 500 points behind him in the race.

It's amazing what can happen just by not winning a Slam or Masters after a year of winning everything and then what can happen when someone who doesn't win as much.

Could be the beginning of a transition period.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:19 pm

915pts behind.

But that's how it works. I must say I surprised Djoko is at risk of losing his top spot so early....in the same year he held the 4 slams at once.

As the Romans used to say, "There is not much distance from the Capitol (power) to the Tarpeian rock(execution cliff)".

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:46 pm

Tenez wrote:915pts behind.

But that's how it works. I must say I surprised Djoko is at risk of losing his top spot so early....in the same year he held the 4 slams at once.

I am surprised at how much he allowed his wife to disrupt his career. I thought she was ok at the beginning, but turned out to be a monster after giving birth...and before you start...no not are all like that!

he is gong down the pan and fast and it upsets me a bit.

Tenez wrote:
As the Romans used to say, "There is not much distance from the Capitol (power) to the Tarpeian rock(execution cliff)".

you seem to be in a "grand" mood, don't you? Winking

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:08 pm

Hasn't he been unfaithful? Repeatedly?

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:11 pm

luvsports! wrote:Hasn't he been unfaithful? Repeatedly?
No, he hasn't.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:37 pm

Just heard Nole is probably not playing WTF.

Will turn up for sponsors, though.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next